Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,064 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 929,111
Pageviews Today: 1,548,347Threads Today: 630Posts Today: 11,045
03:37 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

U - moon ("laid back" crescent) shows that position of Sun Earth and Moon has changed- update 2012: PROOF!!!! on page 6, new info on page11

Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 4211721
United States
11/29/2012 11:47 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: U - moon ("laid back" crescent) shows that position of Sun Earth and Moon has changed- update 2012: PROOF!!!! on page 6, new info on page11
And are you a Doctor? Not in the slightest.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25480060

Yes, I am. The number of things you're wrong about grows...
The ISS DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME ORBITAL PATTERNS OF THE MOON!
 Quoting: AC

Right, it orbits closer and faster, making it behave far less like normal stars. The moon orbits much farther away and much slower, so as far as field rotation goes it behaves just like the stars. Both, however, experience field rotation from rising to setting.
I caps'ed that so you wouldn't miss it,

You keep shooting yourself in the foot but you don't even realize it. Your stupidity knows no bounds.
And does your Eye have a video recorder attached to it? What's that? No? Oh, your telescope picked that up, did it? Great.

Which? ISS or the moon? ISS I shot with the telescope, but if you could see it by eye with that kind of resolution that's exactly what you'd see. The moon I also shot with a standard camcorder on a standard camera tripod, showing what you see by eye. I saw the moon by eye that night the same way the camcorder showed it. It's just a standard altitude-azimuth view, the same view I just showed of ISS which was shot from an altitude-azimuth perspective.
No one's lying on here, but you Astro.

Wrong. I have not only stated the truth, but I proved it as well. Keep up your defamatory remarks, by all means, it really shows everyone what you really are (and it ain't a truth teller).
 Quoting: Dr. Astro

No substantive rebuttal offered. Noted. Thanks for the help AC! This information will be quite useful to the project...

..for there's no shame in being defeated in something, let's say like chess, by a Fisher or Kasparov.

Honestly you were unintentionally helpful today. You may try in vain to declare "victory" all you like, it matters not. By drawing these responses out of you until the point that you have nothing of substance left to offer, you have shown your hand and allowed me to realize that there is additional material in my arsenal that may be useful when addressing these sorts of claims.
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1011606
France
11/29/2012 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: U - moon ("laid back" crescent) shows that position of Sun Earth and Moon has changed- update 2012: PROOF!!!! on page 6, new info on page11
Wow, you have lots of patience Dr.Astro.
Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
11/29/2012 11:51 AM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1011606

Thanks! Honestly I wouldn't even bother, except that I need to bait a certain someone out of hiding. Hopefully I get a bite at some point. I've got a message waiting for him that I want him to read.
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25480060
South Korea
11/29/2012 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks! Honestly I wouldn't even bother, except that I need to bait a certain someone out of hiding. Hopefully I get a bite at some point. I've got a message waiting for him that I want him to read.

I'll bite, but I'm not sure if you're intending me in this. But if so, what's the Dealio Dr Astound-O?
Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
11/29/2012 11:54 AM

Report Abusive Post

No substantive rebuttal offered. Noted. Thanks for the help AC! This information will be quite useful to the project...

..for there's no shame in being defeated in something, let's say like chess, by a Fisher or Kasparov.

Honestly you were unintentionally helpful today. You may try in vain to declare "victory" all you like, it matters not. By drawing these responses out of you until the point that you have nothing of substance left to offer, you have shown your hand and allowed me to realize that there is additional material in my arsenal that may be useful when addressing these sorts of claims.

Oh i'm sure you've gotten an Upgrade in the material provided to you, since there have been a good many moon threads lately, including this one and my own, which they needed someone to also try and debunk, since the rest in the past have failed so miserably. but you too have entered so gracefully into the same category.

Welcome to Defeat Land.

Material provided to me lol... you crack me up. Almost as hilarious as calling me a "faux" doctor. If only you knew how wrong you are. Speaking of which, this...
[link to rationalwiki.org]
...still applies. You just keep making the same mistake over and over though. It's ok though, you're a very useful means to an end.
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

parlez-understandez-vous-dude?
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

Oh i'm sure you've gotten an Upgrade in the material provided to you, since there have been a good many moon threads lately, including this one and my own, which they needed someone to also try and debunk, since the rest in the past have failed so miserably. but you too have entered so gracefully into the same category.

Welcome to Defeat Land.

Material provided to me lol... you crack me up. Almost as hilarious as calling me a "faux" doctor. If only you knew how wrong you are. Speaking of which, this...
...still applies. You just keep making the same mistake over and over though. It's ok though, you're a very useful means to an end.

Still waiting on your saying Something.
Dr. AstroModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
11/29/2012 12:00 PM

Report Abusive Post

I'll bite, but I'm not sure if you're intending me in this. But if so, what's the Dealio Dr Astound-O?

No, you're not who I'm trying to bait. Nor is the OP or anyone else from this thread (at least so far). It's worth a karma pin to try to chum the waters a little better though. If that doesn't work, I may have to resort to a karmageddon of pins...
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23651021
United States
11/29/2012 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

Welcome to Defeat Land.

Dude, stop embarassing yourself.

Dr. Astro has exposed you as a complete fool.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, you're not who I'm trying to bait. Nor is the OP or anyone else from this thread (at least so far). It's worth a karma pin to try to chum the waters a little better though. If that doesn't work, I may have to resort to a karmageddon of pins...

Fascinating, I'll wait to see.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Welcome to Defeat Land.

Dude, stop embarassing yourself.

Dr. Astro has exposed you as a complete fool.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23651021

Dude, don't be so obvious!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1123472
Italy
11/29/2012 12:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
The moontards are back in town. I saw the moon this morning and it was beautiful! With that cute little jupiter just on top. Leave the moon the fuck alone! Enjoy it rather than start a useless discussion about it.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
The moontards are back in town. I saw the moon this morning and it was beautiful! With that cute little jupiter just on top. Leave the moon the fuck alone! Enjoy it rather than start a useless discussion about it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1123472

Dude, did Everything in this universe escape you? did you not know that the moon's orientation is the first tell-tale sign that we are experiencing a geo-physical shift of the Earth, which is a sure Sign of the very End? guess not. You think they are on moon threads like shit on a horse's butt?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24362697
United States
11/29/2012 12:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
Italy
11/29/2012 12:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

Dude, did Everything in this universe escape you? did you not know that the moon's orientation is the first tell-tale sign that we are experiencing a geo-physical shift of the Earth, which is a sure Sign of the very End? guess not. You think they are on moon threads like shit on a horse's butt?

How many astronomers are there in the world??? You seriously think that not a single one of them would sound the alarm bells about the moon being in a different position or shit like that? No you probably think they are all part of a great conspirancy, every single last fucking one of them!? Get a life dude!

If a scientist or astronomer or anyone with some reasonable knowledge about planets and the universe starts a thread about the moon being out of position I will sit, shut up and listen.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 12:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

How many astronomers are there in the world??? You seriously think that not a single one of them would sound the alarm bells about the moon being in a different position or shit like that? No you probably think they are all part of a great conspirancy, every single last fucking one of them!? Get a life dude!

If a scientist or astronomer or anyone with some reasonable knowledge about planets and the universe starts a thread about the moon being out of position I will sit, shut up and listen.

Dude. hear me well:

Grow the fuck up!
Anonymous Coward
Italy
11/29/2012 12:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Dude. hear me well:

Grow the fuck up!

Ah, is that all you can comment, I guess I must be right...
Anonymous Coward
Italy
11/29/2012 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Dude. hear me well:

Grow the fuck up!

Yes, you must be. Don't let Reality hit you in the face soon. No one backs up a well-known liar on this Board, except those in cahoots with the same. We aren't stupid, as you.

Why are you being so offensive? Go and practice your little gangnam style horseshit dance and STFU.
Hydra

User ID: 15103326
Germany
11/29/2012 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Dude. hear me well:

Grow the fuck up!

Yes, you must be. Don't let Reality hit you in the face soon. No one backs up a well-known liar on this Board, except those in cahoots with the same. We aren't stupid, as you.

The reason why nobody backs your claptrap.

:ase26122019:
Annular Solar Eclipse - December 26, 2019 - Kannur, Kerala, India
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 01:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Dude. hear me well:

Grow the fuck up!

Why are you being so offensive? Go and practice your little gangnam style horseshit dance and STFU.

Weak, just like your tenet of Gravity. care to try a different angle, something that will work on the weak-minded (read: not me). ?

BTW, go fuck yourself.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 01:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Dude. hear me well:

Grow the fuck up!

Quoting: Hydra

We don't care for your opinion either. in case you didn't know. Because you obviously didn't.
Hydra

User ID: 15103326
Germany
11/29/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

We don't care for your opinion either. in case you didn't know. Because you obviously didn't.

We?
I knew it - one person alone can not produce this amount of tittle-tattle.

:ase26122019:
Annular Solar Eclipse - December 26, 2019 - Kannur, Kerala, India
Hockey
User ID: 26438117
United States
11/29/2012 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Why are you so mad bro?" Its just a game.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25915094
United States
11/29/2012 01:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Hockey 26438117

clappa

Life itself is a terminal sexually transmitted 'disease'.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

We?
I knew it - one person alone can not produce this amount of tittle-tattle.

Oh lord, I'm truly surrounded by imbeciles of the feeblest order! You wouldn't know that, though, because, well, the feeble-minds don't!

Why don't you do something useful, and tell us the significance of the hydra? Too taxing or truthful I'm sure.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 01:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Hockey 26438117

no one is mad here except for the Good 'doctor' if you'd read.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17545967
United States
11/29/2012 01:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
How the hell did I watch the moon come up from the East last night if it came up in the West for you? Sounds like you must have your directions messed up.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28723112
United States
11/29/2012 01:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Whew I'm glad ASTORNUT set this straight. One star for the dumbest thread ever.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
11/29/2012 01:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
How the hell did I watch the moon come up from the East last night if it came up in the West for you? Sounds like you must have your directions messed up.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17545967

And sure as clock-work, comes another confused soul.
Waterbug

User ID: 1295673
United States
11/29/2012 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
All orbital simulation data comes from JPL and the US Naval observatory. Very complex and complicated mathematics. Out of reach of the ordinary mortal.
Easily manipulated.

If they say it is so... it must be so.

GLP