Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,226 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,041,044
Pageviews Today: 1,736,873Threads Today: 691Posts Today: 12,513
05:09 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

U - moon ("laid back" crescent) shows that position of Sun Earth and Moon has changed- update 2012: PROOF!!!! on page 6, new info on page11

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25480060
South Korea
11/29/2012 01:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: U - moon ("laid back" crescent) shows that position of Sun Earth and Moon has changed- update 2012: PROOF!!!! on page 6, new info on page11
All orbital simulation data comes from JPL and the US Naval observatory. Very complex and complicated mathematics. Out of reach of the ordinary mortal.
Easily manipulated.

If they say it is so... it must be so.
 Quoting: Waterbug

yet so many of us ordinary mortals figure out things like unlimited energy, or how to build the pyramids, or what the true significance of the moon's irregular tilt. We aren't dumbfounded by bullshit, really, and pay it no heed.
Hydra

User ID: 15103326
Germany
11/29/2012 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: U - moon ("laid back" crescent) shows that position of Sun Earth and Moon has changed- update 2012: PROOF!!!! on page 6, new info on page11
All orbital simulation data comes from JPL and the US Naval observatory. Very complex and complicated mathematics. Out of reach of the ordinary mortal.
Easily manipulated.

And sure as clock-work, comes another confused soul.

:ase26122019:
Annular Solar Eclipse - December 26, 2019 - Kannur, Kerala, India
Hydra

Germany
11/29/2012 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Easily manipulated.

Quoting: Hydra

Why Hydra, mr obvious? Still waiting, you poor pathetic confused soul.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25480060

For what?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24289757
United States
11/29/2012 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
My Picture window from the 5th floor always had it to the LEFT... and last night it was on the RIGHT?

I said something seems wrong about this.. what is going on.

I am in Florida
Intersting.. i noticed it last night myself thinking thats odd.. dont see it often up here in the NW but looked more like a solar eclipes than a new moon

Rush
 Quoting: Rush
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1123472
Italy
11/29/2012 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
These are the first signs. On december 12 it all starts.
It will be a bitterly cold winter night in the northern hemisphere. Presumably, a very cold summer night in Australia or, by contrast, a torrid night. The wind will howl and roar. Lightning and thunderbolts of an unprecedented magnitude will strike the earth. The whole earth will shake, heavenly bodies will be disturbed – this will be the beginning of the Three Days. Every demon will be released from Hell and will be allowed to roam the earth. Terrifying apparitions will take place. Many will die from sheer fright. Fire will rain forth from the sky, all large cities will be destroyed, poisonous gases will fill the air, cries and lamentations everywhere. The unbelievers will burn in the open like withered grass. The entire earth will be afflicted. Then it will become dark for three days. On day four Justin Bieber will release his latest album....... I rest my case......
emerald_glow  (OP)

User ID: 924761
United States
11/29/2012 02:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Watch this:

The first time when we noticed the laid back crescent, the U-Moon was March 18. 2010.

On February 27, just a feew weeks before there was the 8.8 Chilean EQ, which admittedly modified Earth's rotation/orbit/wobbling, although "just a little bit". [link to earthquake.usgs.gov]

What a coincidence!

wtf wtf 5a
Emerald_Glow
Waterbug

User ID: 1295673
United States
11/29/2012 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Easily manipulated.

I am not confused.

What is it about my statement that leads you to believe otherwise..?
Are the facts I have presented false..?
Hydra

Germany
11/29/2012 02:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fuck the cold days, the lightning and thunderbolts, the "Three Days of Darkness"

but this will be real hell:

... On day four Justin Bieber will release his latest album ...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1123472

emerald_glow  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
"The diving tectonic plate at the epicenter of the magnitude 8.8 Chile earthquake Saturday helped to temporarily redistribute mass on Earth."
[link to news.nationalgeographic.com]
Is not it great? "Helped"!!! banana2

"Saturday's Chile earthquake was so powerful that it likely shifted an Earth axis and shortened the length of a day, NASA announced Monday.

By speeding up Earth's rotation, the magnitude 8.8 earthquake—the fifth strongest ever recorded, according to the USGS—should have shortened an Earth day by 1.26 millionths of a second, according to new computer-model calculations by geophysicist Richard Gross of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California."

Last Edited by emerald_glow on 11/29/2012 02:49 PM
Emerald_Glow
<<TIMEWATCHER>>

User ID: 25511458
United States
11/29/2012 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
MOON DOOM ohyeah
GLP Disclaimer

DON'T BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS WEBSITE!

The reader is responsible for discerning the validity, factuality or implications of information posted here, be it fictional or based on real events. Moderators on this forum make every effort to review the material posted on this site however, it is not realistically possible for our small staff to manually review each and every one of the more than 20,000 posts GodlikeProductions gets on a daily basis.

The content of posts on this site, including but not limited to links to other web sites, are the expressed opinion of the original poster and are in no way representative of or endorsed by the owners or administration of this website. The posts on this website are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or factual information on behalf of the owner or administration of GodlikeProductions. This site may contain adult language, if you feel you might be offended by such content, you should log off immediately.

Not all posts on this website are intended as truthful or factual assertion by their authors. Some users of this website are participating in internet role playing, with or without the use of an avatar. NO post on this website should be considered factual information on face value alone.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."- Samuel Adams

"...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
--John F. Kennedy

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
--John F. Kennedy

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
--John F. Kennedy

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.
--Albert Einstein
Hydra

Germany
11/29/2012 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Easily manipulated.

I am not confused.

You heavily underestimate the capabilities of amateur astronomers.

Waterbug

United States
11/29/2012 02:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Easily manipulated.

I am not confused.

No...

I merely question the sources of their data for calculation.

Do you know where they get this data..?
emerald_glow  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Easily manipulated.

I am not confused.

Hydra, did you read my latest post above yours?

Last Edited by emerald_glow on 11/29/2012 02:55 PM
Emerald_Glow
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10462922
United Kingdom
11/29/2012 03:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is a thread from 2010, I renewed it because now there is evidence...5a

For 2 months the position of the shadow of the Earth on the Moon is different than before. The sliver is on the bottom, and forms a wide letter "U" instead of the usual position.

[link to www.spaceweather.com]

There are many strange pics on the Moon on Spaceweather.com. More often than not, you see much more on the pics, that the written explanation. This time the Moon is not a crescent at all on the pic.

[link to spaceweather.com]

New info on page 11.
 Quoting: emerald_glow

bsflag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25089809
Poland
11/29/2012 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
wtf?
Hydra

Germany
11/29/2012 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

I am not confused.

No...

A wide range of data (regarding our solar system) JPL/NASA gets from amateur astronomers.
E.g. most follow up observations of new discovered asteroids and comets are made by amateurs.

Deep Sky Objeks is something different.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28728552
Poland
11/29/2012 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
wtf?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25089809

there's some serious shit going on here
_2 swords_

User ID: 23578537
United States
11/29/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Watch this:

The first time when we noticed the laid back crescent, the U-Moon was March 18. 2010.

On February 27, just a feew weeks before there was the 8.8 Chilean EQ, which admittedly modified Earth's rotation/orbit/wobbling, although "just a little bit". [link to earthquake.usgs.gov]

What a coincidence!

wtf wtf 5a

That is probably around the time I first noticed this phenomena.

Wondering if this has anything to do with this.
Thread: South Florida Beach Emergency
emerald_glow  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Watch this:

What a coincidence!

wtf wtf 5a

Emerald_Glow
Hydra

Germany
11/29/2012 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Which one do you mean? Can you quote it please?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17989851
United States
11/29/2012 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
"The diving tectonic plate at the epicenter of the magnitude 8.8 Chile earthquake Saturday helped to temporarily redistribute mass on Earth."

"Saturday's Chile earthquake was so powerful that it likely shifted an Earth axis and shortened the length of a day, NASA announced Monday.

By speeding up Earth's rotation, the magnitude 8.8 earthquake—the fifth strongest ever recorded, according to the USGS—should have shortened an Earth day by 1.26 millionths of a second, according to new computer-model calculations by geophysicist Richard Gross of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California."

You do realize how short "1.26 millionths of a second" is, right? You cannot detect that without sophicated equipment, and its effect on what the Moon looks like is equally insignificant.
emerald_glow  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 03:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Which one do you mean? Can you quote it please?

The one with red letters...I just re-posted it above. rockon
Emerald_Glow
emerald_glow  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 03:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

You do realize how short "1.26 millionths of a second" is, right? You cannot detect that without sophicated equipment, and its effect on what the Moon looks like is equally insignificant.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17989851

Hey, I recognize you from your style...:-) anyway, I realize it is an insignificant amount - if it is correct.
Now we have something right in front of us, the laid back Moon, that we cannot ignore - you say it is normal, but a lot of us older guys say - it was not like that before.
Emerald_Glow
emerald_glow  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for the pin...I just noticed hf
Emerald_Glow
Waterbug

United States
11/29/2012 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

I am not confused.

No...

A wide range of data (regarding our solar system) JPL/NASA gets from amateur astronomers.
E.g. most follow up observations of new discovered asteroids and comets are made by amateurs.

So... these amateurs are not overwhelmed with data... but the pros are..?

[link to queue.acm.org]

[snip]

The Tsunami has Already Made Landfall

The data tsunami is already affecting the performance of astronomy archives and data centers. One example is the NASA/IPAC (Infrared Processing and Analysis Center) IRSA (Infrared Science Archive), which archives and serves data sets from NASA's infrared missions. It is going through a period of exceptional growth in its science holdings, as shown in figure 1, because it is assuming responsibility for the curation of data sets released by the Spitzer Space Telescope and WISE (Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer) mission.

The volume of these two data sets alone exceeds the total volume of the 35-plus missions and projects already archived. The availability of the data, together with rapid growth in program-based queries, has driven up usage of the archive, as shown by the annual growth in downloaded data volume and queries in figure 2. Usage is expected to accelerate as new data sets are released through the archive, yet the response times to queries have already suffered, primarily because of a growth in requests for large volumes of data.

The degradation in performance cannot be corrected simply by adding infrastructure as usage increases, as is common in commercial enterprises, because astronomy archives generally operate on limited budgets that are fixed for several years. Without intervention, the current data-access and computing model used in astronomy, in which data downloaded from archives is analyzed on local machines, will break down rapidly. The very scale of data sets such as those just described will transform the design and operation of archives as places that not only make data accessible to users, but also support in situ processing of these data with the end users' software: network bandwidth limitations prevent transfer of data on this scale, and users' desktops in any case generally lack the power to process PB-scale data.
Hydra

Germany
11/29/2012 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
it's not fair to ban and think you've won.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26283681

looks like astro hates to lose
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1020354

No, it ain't Dr. Astro style.

Probably the Korea chick typed one of the "no go" words and got autobanned.

Hydra

Germany
11/29/2012 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

No...

So... these amateurs are not overwhelmed with data... but the pros are..?

[link to queue.acm.org]

[snip]

The Tsunami has Already Made Landfall

The data tsunami is already affecting the performance of astronomy archives and data centers. One example is the NASA/IPAC (Infrared Processing and Analysis Center) IRSA (Infrared Science Archive), which archives and serves data sets from NASA's infrared missions. It is going through a period of exceptional growth in its science holdings, as shown in figure 1, because it is assuming responsibility for the curation of data sets released by the Spitzer Space Telescope and WISE (Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer) mission.

The volume of these two data sets alone exceeds the total volume of the 35-plus missions and projects already archived. The availability of the data, together with rapid growth in program-based queries, has driven up usage of the archive, as shown by the annual growth in downloaded data volume and queries in figure 2. Usage is expected to accelerate as new data sets are released through the archive, yet the response times to queries have already suffered, primarily because of a growth in requests for large volumes of data.

The degradation in performance cannot be corrected simply by adding infrastructure as usage increases, as is common in commercial enterprises, because astronomy archives generally operate on limited budgets that are fixed for several years. Without intervention, the current data-access and computing model used in astronomy, in which data downloaded from archives is analyzed on local machines, will break down rapidly. The very scale of data sets such as those just described will transform the design and operation of archives as places that not only make data accessible to users, but also support in situ processing of these data with the end users' software: network bandwidth limitations prevent transfer of data on this scale, and users' desktops in any case generally lack the power to process PB-scale data.

Different things.

_2 swords_

User ID: 23578537
United States
11/29/2012 03:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Watch this:

What a coincidence!

wtf wtf 5a

That is probably around the time I first noticed this phenomena.

Wondering if this has anything to do with this.
Thread: South Florida Beach Emergency
 Quoting: _2 swords_
Waterbug

United States
11/29/2012 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Different things.

You admit that no one person can actually say anything is different or the same, unequivocally...
emerald_glow  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
............................... to process PB-scale data.

Can you please take this subject to a different thread? Thank you.
Emerald_Glow

GLP