User ID: 759169
United States
10/19/2010 03:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: DMT - Actor Jim Carrey describes DMT drug experience
LSD is government invented. your a fool if you take it
 Quoting: MirelurkMeat

Not true. Read this and then you will realize that it was invented by mistake.

[link to leapingrealeyes.blogspot.com]

THE INVENTION OF LSD

Even as the lights were going out in Europe, a fundamental breakthrough occurred.

In 1938 Albert Hofmann was engaged in routine pharmaceutical research at Sandoz Laboratories, in Basel, Switzerland. Hofmann hoped to produce new drugs that would ease labor and childbirth.

While working with the vasoconstricting substances derived from ergot, Hofmann synthesized the first d-Iysergic acid diethylamide tartrate-LSD-25. 'Hofmann, a modest man, merely noted the correct completion of the synthesis, and the untested compound was cataloged and placed into storage.

There it remained, surrounded by Nazi Europe for the next five years, five of the most tumultuous years in human history. It is frightening to imagine some of the possible consequences had Hofmann's discovery been recognized for what it was even a moment earlier.

Alfred Jarry may have anticipated and allegorized the great event when he wrote "The Passion Considered as an Uphill Bicycle Race" in 1894. Indeed, the Dadaists and Surrealists and their forerunners grouped around Jarry and his Ecole du Pataphysique did much to explore the use of hashish and mescaline as augmentations to creative expression.

They set the cultural stage for the truly surreal emergence of society's awareness of LSD.

Every LSD enthusiast knows the story of how on April 16, 1943, feeling a touch
ofthe Friday blahs, and unaware that he had absorbed a dose of LSD through handling the chemical without gloves, chemist, and soon-to-be counterculture hero, Albert Hofmann left work early and set off on his bicycle through the streets of Basel:

I was forced to interrupt my work in the laboratory in the middle of the afternoon and proceed home, being affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxicated dreamlike condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1132624
Mexico
10/19/2010 03:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is there another name for DMT? I guess my generation kind of isnt up to date....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1128670
United States
10/19/2010 03:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Partially correct. Smoking DMT produces a short lived change in consciousness. When consumed orally in combination with an MOA inhibitor the effects can linger for hours.

LSD has negative effects if not taken properly as with any psychedelic.

LSD's effects last way too long though.
DMT trips are usually about 20 minutes and they are the most intense trips you can have from what I've read.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 944066
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 992777
United States
10/19/2010 04:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is there another name for DMT? I guess my generation kind of isnt up to date....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1132624

It's not a street drug or a party drug, most people don't know about it, and that's how TPTB want it. It's literally the spirit molecule. It is inside the pineal gland in your brain, it is in plants, it is in tree bark, etc...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1134929
United States
10/19/2010 04:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Partially correct. Smoking DMT produces a short lived change in consciousness. When consumed orally in combination with an MOA inhibitor the effects can linger for hours.

DMT trips are usually about 20 minutes and they are the most intense trips you can have from what I've read.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1128670

shrooms & dmt both felt the same for me. they are both very revealing on not only what creation really is, but everything that has ever been..EVER..the answers to the origins of time. thats the only way i can describe.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1132624
Mexico
10/19/2010 04:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

It's not a street drug or a party drug, most people don't know about it, and that's how TPTB want it. It's literally the spirit molecule. It is inside the pineal gland in your brain, it is in plants, it is in tree bark, etc...
 Quoting: BigBalla

I gathered it was a spirit enhancer. Another conscious altering type of experience. It's been a while since I used drugs for entertainment. Obviously, somebody is processing it so how is it done? How long does it last, what prep is needed, and are there any side effects?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1115143
United States
10/19/2010 05:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think someone mentioned it on the last page, but Jim isn't talking about a DMT breakthrough. It's the teachings of Eckhart Tolle.

I believe both DMT and LSD are wonderful tools for exploration of your consciousness, especially when you take few big inhalations of DMT freebase about three hours after ingesting two hits of L. That particular combo has taken me to the absolute edge of anything you can imagine.

Oral DMT combined with a MAOI is considered by some to be an analog of the sacramental Ayahuasca brew. But smoking freebase DMT is like loading the universe into a cannon and blowing your head off. At low dosage levels or vaporized improperly, open-eye visuals remind me of psilocybin/psilocin (which, coincidentally, are 4-PO-DMT and 4-HO-DMT, respectively). But, man oh man, when you get the dosage down and your vaporizing technique down, this compound will literally take you away, whizzing you past galaxies and into who knows what.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1134732
Thailand
10/19/2010 05:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have two trips on IBOGAINE and i liked it a lot.
All info is out ther on the net...
C74R1TY-44

User ID: 1076751
United States
10/19/2010 05:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
LSD is superior to DMT.

LSD has negative side-effects though.
DMT does not.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 944066

LSD's only negative side effect is that it invokes irrational paranoia from people who don't know any better. Thank you, 50 years of misinformation.

Other than that it's safe.

I like smoking DMT while tripping on LSD, personally
The storm is closing in to begin again from the beginning. Never sitting through my waking life oblivious. The ignorance running rampant through the city is indicative of something worse; this picture isn't pretty.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1020518
United States
10/19/2010 06:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
I tried it once some years ago when I was using MDMA on a regular basis. It was a unique experience unlike any other I have come across.
UndercoverAlien

User ID: 1134708
Brazil
10/19/2010 06:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ignorance is a bitch!!! The drug buffs are still mistaking drug-induced psychedelic trips with authentic consciousness expanding. DMT is a new Illuminati mind fuck weapon, to program the users into near-death/post-death sensations and KEEP THEIR PINEAL GLAND OPEN FOR ASTRAL ATTACKS, EASY POSSESSION and stuff. But people that love to get high is too stupid to see that!
"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)
C74R1TY-44

User ID: 1076751
United States
10/19/2010 06:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ignorance is a bitch!!! The drug buffs are still mistaking drug-induced psychedelic trips with authentic consciousness expanding. DMT is a new Illuminati mind fuck weapon, to program the users into near-death/post-death sensations and KEEP THEIR PINEAL GLAND OPEN FOR ASTRAL ATTACKS, EASY POSSESSION and stuff. But people that love to get high is too stupid to see that! (<-wtf)
 Quoting: UndercoverAlien

As though the two are mutually exclusive...

Read a book or something. DMT is one of the most abundantly occurring psychedelic compounds and is present in almost every living species on the planet.

But... what does psychedelic mean?

The term psychedelic is derived from the Greek (for) (psyche, "soul") and (for) (deloun, "to manifest"), translating to "mind-manifesting". A psychedelic experience is characterized by the perception of aspects of one's mind previously unknown,
 Quoting: wiki

Oh ok, so it expands your consciousness. Gotcha.

Last Edited by C74R1TY-44 on 10/19/2010 06:36 AM
The storm is closing in to begin again from the beginning. Never sitting through my waking life oblivious. The ignorance running rampant through the city is indicative of something worse; this picture isn't pretty.
pauldamo

User ID: 1134792
Australia
10/19/2010 07:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: MirelurkMeat

LSD is the active ingredient of the the ergot fungus
MirelurkMeat

User ID: 1081041
United States
10/19/2010 07:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

Not true. Read this and then you will realize that it was invented by mistake.

[link to leapingrealeyes.blogspot.com]

THE INVENTION OF LSD

Even as the lights were going out in Europe, a fundamental breakthrough occurred.

In 1938 Albert Hofmann was engaged in routine pharmaceutical research at Sandoz Laboratories, in Basel, Switzerland. Hofmann hoped to produce new drugs that would ease labor and childbirth.

While working with the vasoconstricting substances derived from ergot, Hofmann synthesized the first d-Iysergic acid diethylamide tartrate-LSD-25. 'Hofmann, a modest man, merely noted the correct completion of the synthesis, and the untested compound was cataloged and placed into storage.

There it remained, surrounded by Nazi Europe for the next five years, five of the most tumultuous years in human history. It is frightening to imagine some of the possible consequences had Hofmann's discovery been recognized for what it was even a moment earlier.

Alfred Jarry may have anticipated and allegorized the great event when he wrote "The Passion Considered as an Uphill Bicycle Race" in 1894. Indeed, the Dadaists and Surrealists and their forerunners grouped around Jarry and his Ecole du Pataphysique did much to explore the use of hashish and mescaline as augmentations to creative expression.

They set the cultural stage for the truly surreal emergence of society's awareness of LSD.

Every LSD enthusiast knows the story of how on April 16, 1943, feeling a touch
ofthe Friday blahs, and unaware that he had absorbed a dose of LSD through handling the chemical without gloves, chemist, and soon-to-be counterculture hero, Albert Hofmann left work early and set off on his bicycle through the streets of Basel:

I was forced to interrupt my work in the laboratory in the middle of the afternoon and proceed home, being affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxicated dreamlike condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 759169

made by a mistake, yes, but whored by the government to stupid down society, DEF, foolishness or flowerpower?
MirelurkMeat

User ID: 1081041
United States
10/19/2010 07:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1128670

dude hook us up with more infro
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1105263
Philippines
10/19/2010 07:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jim Carrey(Ace Ventura)------> 5a
bornofmaya

User ID: 1135012
Grenada
10/19/2010 07:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1132624

I think the plant "floripondio" contains DMT. When I lived in Mexico, my friends used the make a tea out of the plant and they told me about their very out-of-this-world experiences.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1134964
United Kingdom
10/19/2010 07:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
LSD is superior to DMT.

no its not

DMT is extra terrestrial communication bridge to advanced lifeforms.

lsd is just cool
 Quoting: RazriN

No. Hopelessly wrong.

DMT opens up astral plane consciousness. It's nature mysticism/shamanism, essentially.

LSD opens up planes of consciousness beyond the astral plane. There are seven planes. Recently, they have been proven mathematically to be encoded in the geometry of the ancient Tree of Life (Otz chiim) and in other forms of sacred geometry, like the Sri Yantra. See the section "Maps of reality" at:
[link to smphillips.8m.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1134732
Thailand
10/19/2010 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
In any case; for the critical minds; you cant have an opinion f you never try the drug. DMT is NOT about getting high, that is cannabis but dmt is something you will not be hooked on. I did Ibogaine twice and i promise you dont do that every weekend..you need time to figure out what you have experienced..besides many many cultures and religions have done this for hundreds or thousands of years.

My dream nr1: machu pichu on Ibogaine last station...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 764939
Canada
10/19/2010 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
LSD is superior to DMT.

no its not

DMT is extra terrestrial communication bridge to advanced lifeforms.

lsd is just cool

With this endorsement, I'm sure not to take it. Probably makes one extremely stupid.
anonymous coward
User ID: 1128983
United States
10/19/2010 10:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Isnt our government the biggest drug pushers? Someone told me that our CIA is the crookest of them all?
The Order of Nine

User ID: 1081881
United States
10/19/2010 03:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jim Carrey is one of the most talented bi-polar actors on the planet.

His theory of illusory thoughts however is fragmented and difficult to understand unless he is referring to telepathic thought intrusion via channeling.

Contrary to being illusory, thoughts in and of themselves are very real, can be quantified, and can create physical change through the focused telepathic transfer of telekinetic thought.

The origin of thought is important.

How do you know the thoughts you think were not planted by another conscious entity?

I agree with Jim when he says that some people focus too much on negative thoughts, creating negative realities for themselves and others around them.

The illusionary over-emphasized negativity interjecting perceived threats into the subconscious group mind doesn't have to affect our reality.
Listen Learn Love
to lazy to log inn
User ID: 854255
United States
10/19/2010 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've done them both hundreds of times, eventually they make you too open and you'll have to turn to downers....people who suffer from anxiety should never take either drug, it puts you right into an 8 hour panic attack.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 921079
United States
10/19/2010 03:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Salvia Divinorum ftw.
User ID: 397590
United States
10/19/2010 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
r.i.p. terrence mckenna
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 793980

Rest naw..

Now He's..

Live'n it..

Anonymous Coward
10/19/2010 03:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
He doesn't mention DMT.....? Or drugs...?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1134895

Exactly.

This thread should have a hefty fucking bullshit flag.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1119700
United Kingdom
10/19/2010 03:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
dmt can be more like a near death experience... it was for me...

you can see aspects of yourself being murdered and feel the death of these things

very scary

very real

but its all good though

yes I think its loss of the ego makes you feel like this :))
Raphael

User ID: 537462
Canada
10/19/2010 03:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ignorance is a bitch!!! The drug buffs are still mistaking drug-induced psychedelic trips with authentic consciousness expanding. DMT is a new Illuminati mind fuck weapon, to program the users into near-death/post-death sensations and KEEP THEIR PINEAL GLAND OPEN FOR ASTRAL ATTACKS, EASY POSSESSION and stuff. But people that love to get high is too stupid to see that!
 Quoting: UndercoverAlien

too funny
the fella who is worried about astral attacks and being possessed and other stuff, is telling me NOT to use drugs.

dude
being surrounded by folks like you, who think like you do, is partially why the world needs drugs.
you should apologize for being you.

Last Edited by Raphael on 10/19/2010 03:45 PM
The swastika is an inherent part of Intelligent Design.

[link to at37.wordpress.com]

“A theory is more impressive the greater is the simplicity of its premise, the more different are the kinds of things it relates and the more extended its range of applicability…”
-Einstein
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1039504
United States
10/19/2010 03:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Joe Rogan's description was way better.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1128454
Canada