Jack Flint
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 956877
United States
05/22/2010 12:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Masons and Rastafarianism?
It makes intuitive sense to me that the Masons could have had a hand in forming what is now Rasta culture. I'm not the most well-versed on Rastafarianism, but I do know they consider ganja, their all-important sacrament, to be the "wisdom weed" found growing on the grave of King Solomon. And I'm sure you know who built Solomon's temple.
Also, they refer to their Deity father figure as "Jah", and I've read that high level Masonic rituals refer to their god as "Jabulon"
Rastas also make frequent use of the Star of David symbol, which is essentially the same exact thing as the Freemason logo, minus the ubiquitous "G".
Then there's the constant references to Babylon, Zion, and the "Chosen People"...

I dunno. Just wanted to see if anyone had some relevant info on the subject.
And I don't mean to disrespect Uncle Bob. Marley was a genuine badass.

and now the obligatory
stoner
THEY LIVE, WE SLEEP
Razrin

User ID: 922242
Canada
05/22/2010 12:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Masons and Rastafarianism?
It makes intuitive sense to me that the Masons could have had a hand in forming what is now Rasta culture. I'm not the most well-versed on Rastafarianism, but I do know they consider ganja, their all-important sacrament, to be the "wisdom weed" found growing on the grave of King Solomon. And I'm sure you know who built Solomon's temple.
Also, they refer to their Deity father figure as "Jah", and I've read that high level Masonic rituals refer to their god as "Jabulon"
Rastas also make frequent use of the Star of David symbol, which is essentially the same exact thing as the Freemason logo, minus the ubiquitous "G".
Then there's the constant references to Babylon, Zion, and the "Chosen People"...

and now the obligatory
stoner
 Quoting: Jack Flint

Too bad the CIA killed Bob Marley.
Don't believe anything I say... I lie all the time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 865688
Netherlands
05/22/2010 07:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

and now the obligatory
stoner
 Quoting: Jack Flint

Actually, no it was not founded by the Masons... it got infiltrated by the masons.

The roots of Rastafarianism, go way back to the days before slavery and before the tribes of Israel fled over the levant via Elephantine into Africa! It wasn't called anything other then the original culture.

After, Marvin Garvey left the US for Jamaica and the ascend to the throne of Haile Selassie, aka Ras Takonen, it became the RasTa-fari movement. However, these are the true house of Israel. They have kept the knowledge of self... and one of the reasons Bob Marley was killed, Is the fear of the elite for the coming of the LionKing (remember the movie ....)

The legends of a returning Lion King is imbedded in the cultures of the westindies and Carribean slavedescendants..with slight variations in the stories. They all hold pieces of the puzzle to the clue and the heart of the conspiracy of the global elite.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 973172
United States
05/22/2010 07:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Rastafari is very clever.

The Masons and churches hate it. The reason for this is because, Rastafari is a way to USE the vessel of religion as a vehicle for transporting the message of Self. The difference between the way masons use religion to hide the truth of Self and the way Rastafari do, is that Rastafari hides the truth in order to survive. And shares it with any and all who come seeking.
Celtic (woad-man)

User ID: 961113
United Kingdom
05/22/2010 07:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
688, Marcus Garvey I think you mean

Not trying to be a pain or anythin
It is the Thunderbolt that steers the Universe
- Heraclitus
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 978028
New Zealand
05/22/2010 07:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anymore information?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 897127
Belgium
05/22/2010 07:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Masons and Rastafarianism? I don't think so.
Rasta don't deal with isms or skisms.
No hierarchies there. More an individual philosophy and a way of living, more than an organised "religion".
Lately though there is some radicals within the branch of the boboshanti's. They are a group of rasta with coloured turbans, and lots of angry men with a bit of a suprmacist patriarchal mentality. Still complaing about this and that and its all whitemans fault and such. They even have heavy criticsm about bob marley about him white dad and love of women and smoke too much. Go figure.
A minority still, that bobo's.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 977776
United States
05/22/2010 08:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Masons and Rastafarianism? I don't think so.
Rasta don't deal with isms or skisms.
No hierarchies there. More an individual philosophy and a way of living, more than an organised "religion".
Lately though there is some radicals within the branch of the boboshanti's. They are a group of rasta with coloured turbans, and lots of angry men with a bit of a suprmacist patriarchal mentality. Still complaing about this and that and its all whitemans fault and such. They even have heavy criticsm about bob marley about him white dad and love of women and smoke too much. Go figure.
A minority still, that bobo's.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 897127

Is there another branch?... B/c every Rasta I know hates white people yet all they do sit sit around smokin drinkin rum, talking a bunch of shit in pigeon about the white person who just loaded a bowl.
mantis
User ID: 973434
United States
05/22/2010 09:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
there is a connection.

I was in negril.

Me and my girl went off the beaten path to a craft market, most tourists dont go there.

On a shack was the Idol1 painted in blue. i asked the shop keeper if he was a mason and he said no but a bunch of young guys chillin came up to us and asked me the same.

the funny thing is the night before sitting ont he beach from about the same spot distance wise o the beach we saw two orange glowing orbs come up form the water and vanish....

Rastas are the orthodox in jamaica...
Jack Flint  (OP)

User ID: 956877
United States
05/22/2010 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Actually, no it was not founded by the Masons... it got infiltrated by the masons.

The roots of Rastafarianism, go way back to the days before slavery and before the tribes of Israel fled over the levant via Elephantine into Africa! It wasn't called anything other then the original culture.

After, Marvin Garvey left the US for Jamaica and the ascend to the throne of Haile Selassie, aka Ras Takonen, it became the RasTa-fari movement. However, these are the true house of Israel. They have kept the knowledge of self... and one of the reasons Bob Marley was killed, Is the fear of the elite for the coming of the LionKing (remember the movie ....)

The legends of a returning Lion King is imbedded in the cultures of the westindies and Carribean slavedescendants..with slight variations in the stories. They all hold pieces of the puzzle to the clue and the heart of the conspiracy of the global elite.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 865688

Very nice. Thanks for that.
Apparently this same question has been asked in many threads here. Seems likely there must be some kind of involvement of those pesky little stonecutters.

You're right, the Masons couldn't have established the foundations of it. Those roots go deep.
By now, though, the movement most likely has been manipulated by the powers that be. Seems like the "elite" would be working to keep the real lessons hidden and maintain the divide people down the race line.
It would be pretty easy for them, seeing as they control the media and (most of) the music industry. Just keep pumping out the brainwashing bullshit.

... any further elaboration on the Lion King prophecy?
THEY LIVE, WE SLEEP
mason1992
User ID: 1234734
United States
01/18/2011 11:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
there are more masons in jamacian than in any other country they are good ppl
skeleton key
User ID: 42316382
United States
06/25/2013 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
As a freemason and a rasta study, I can see the connective tissue. Rasta and Masons believe in brotherly love, truth, relief and unity of man. Masons are not religious, but believe in a higher power as do Rastas. No athiest can be wither a Rasta nor a freemason. Variations of theology however can all live within Ratsafarianism. Jews, Muslims, Christians, Bhuddists, etal can be a part of either group. True Rastafarians believe that Haille Sellasie the first was the living incarnation of Jesus Christ. He embodying all that is holy as a direct descendent of Solomon, whose temple gave birth to masonry as a fraternity. I am certain that there are Rastas that are also masons. Masonry is not about power and control over the masses in some evil conspiracy as many of the ignorant, including some posters here spout as truth. Instead It is about making good men better. It is about adopting a mindset that is anchored in integrity, restraint, wisdom and nonjudgemental ideals. Maybe this will help shed some light on the subject.

GLP