Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,918 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 47,778
Pageviews Today: 89,373Threads Today: 43Posts Today: 641
12:50 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

PROOF -- BP Deepwater Horizon Drilled TWO Wells That Blew Out on FEB 13 and APR 20

Nancy Lazaryan
User ID: 1009846
Canada
07/22/2010 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: PROOF -- BP Deepwater Horizon Drilled TWO Wells That Blew Out on FEB 13 and APR 20
Go here, to the Live Marine map:
[link to www.marinetraffic.com]

Click on the ship...a window will open and give you details:
Flag: USA
Ship Type: Unspecified
Speed/Course: 5.5 kn / 270˚
Length x Breadth: 0 m X 0 m
Draught: 5.5 m
Destination: DEEP WATER HORIZON
Received (604): 0h 5min 4s ago
(AIS Source: REMAS2)

LOOK...destination: Deep Water Horizon
BUT THE SHIP IS HEADED AWAY from DWH

Now, inside that box with the info, you can track where the ship has been....strange trip that it took.

You can do this with ALL of the ships.
You can see who is going where, and where they came from.

Where is everyone going?
Where do they go back and forth between?

I think we can find out what they are doing.
tweeny
User ID: 1044395
United States
07/22/2010 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: PROOF -- BP Deepwater Horizon Drilled TWO Wells That Blew Out on FEB 13 and APR 20
where did this thread go, I can't find it on the front page or any other for that matter except through a search. Wasn't it pinned?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1021078
United States
07/22/2010 12:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
If the first well blew out on feb 3, then why didn't any oil hit the beaches? Surely it wouldn't take 4 months.

This is the first thing I thought about, as well, when I first read this thread.

With a full month and a half of oil gushing, shouldn't SOMEONE have noticed and raised a curious eyebrow?

More like two and a half months. Just clarifying.

Whoops, thanks for catching that!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1020434

How is that??Its a mile under the ocean. I don't think anyone on hear really knows the behavior of a leak under pressure at those depth. For all we know a small amount of oil, even it was not hit with dispersants could stay suspended in the water column in those conditions. I believe a lot of the oil that washed up was due to the DWH horizon explosion and fire, and during those first days all eyes had to be directed on that rig and dispersants could not be applied to both leaks. That is why so much oil washed up.
Nancy Lazaryan
Canada
07/22/2010 12:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread dropped? Hmmmmm.
Especially when tracking the War Admiral just got really interesting.
You can click on the vessel and get an information window.
Then inside the window is a link to TRACK the vessel

War Admiral has been to some interesting places, over and over and over...especially an area about 10 miles from the "capped wellhead"....the fissure???

[link to www.marinetraffic.com]
tweeny
United States
07/22/2010 01:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
yes, I am working on the tracking too. But if the coordinates are only 100 yards apart on the two wells, then won't the ROV ships be sitting on the top of basically both wells, or do we think the Well A is further away. Please watch the video of the fire and tell me what you think of the 2 rigs, is that what you see?

[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1021078
United States
07/22/2010 01:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
yes, I am working on the tracking too. But if the coordinates are only 100 yards apart on the two wells, then won't the ROV ships be sitting on the top of basically both wells, or do we think the Well A is further away. Please watch the video of the fire and tell me what you think of the 2 rigs, is that what you see?

Quoting: tweeny 1044395

That is not a video of the DWH. That is some other shallow water rig that had a blow out. Look at the pictures of DWH it does not look like that rig.
tweeny
United States
07/22/2010 01:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
OK maybe I agree with the rig in the opening shot, but the night shot is a pretty big burn and the rig at 3 minutes where it pans around to another rig looks a lot like the DWH sinking? No? But I cannot confirm this is DWH.

Also, is there an error here? On the first page

quote:

BP WELL #B (the second well that blew up Deepwater Horizon)

Latitude 28/44/16.027 N
Longitude 88/21/57.340 W

He is giving the same longitude coordinates as the ones from Well A. On the Scribd document the Long for Well B is 88/22/00.589W on the page with the map of wells A and B.

How does that change the distance issue between the two wells?
Locoaz

User ID: 1044461
Peru
07/22/2010 01:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Easier Lamber x-y Coordinates for mapping:

WELL #A:

X 1202803.88
Y 10431617.00

WELL #B:

X 1202514.00
Y 10434194.00
 Quoting: Oiled in Florida

Look the video [link to www.youtube.com]

from 11/05/2010

BP oil leak at the source

x 1202658.18
y 10430092.07

Locoaz
Locoaz

User ID: 1044461
Peru
07/22/2010 01:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
tweeny
United States
07/22/2010 02:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, looks like the X Y coordinates are correct but the lat/long are miscopied. This is from page 3 of the initial exploration plan page 3. When I plot these on marine traffic they seem to be about 200 feet away from each other and just south of the BOA DEEP.
tweeny
United States
07/22/2010 02:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, from what I can tell from the Marine Tracker (based on the coordinates from the map of proposed wells A and B posted on page 1) , the Skandi is just about as far from A as B , in fact a little closer to B. (about .3 nautical miles) It is not MILES away from the second site, and several of the other ships are closer to B. Can anyone confirm again with coordinates that A and B are only a few hundred feet apart, if they were ever both drilled? I still think it is quite possible there is a bait and switch going on here, but how can these two wells be 10 miles apart as per Simmons and others? There is something missing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1018917
United States
07/22/2010 02:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

That is not a video of the DWH. That is some other shallow water rig that had a blow out. Look at the pictures of DWH it does not look like that rig.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1021078

I'm confused. I watched the video linked by LOCOAZ (an AP news report), and that rig is different from the one shown in the above-linked video. Were the ships with fire hoses not on the scene yet?

First video:

Where are the ships with fire hoses?

Second video:

(rig fire at 01:12 into video shows ships with fire hoses)
tweeny
United States
07/22/2010 02:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
OK, if you get the coordinates off the Skandi ROV Feed, they match up better with well A:

X-1202750.63
Y- 10431641.39

So it looks like the BOP feed is definitely coming from Well A.

So what happened to Well B if it was even ever drilled? We don't know.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1018917
United States
07/22/2010 03:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Does anyone know which ship has the CANYON XLS-28 ROV? I know it's a Canyon/Helix ship, but I don't know the name of the ship. And does anyone know what the "Joe Griffin" does? I'm tracking it today, but I sure would like to know where it was on 10 July 2010.

The Offshore Service Vessel chosen to deliver the cofferdam was the Motor Vessel (M/V) "Joe Griffin." The M/V Joe Griffin is owned by Edison Chouest Offshore, operating as Galliano Marine, out of Port Fourchon, Louisiana, and is under contract to British Petroleum.

[link to www.oil-electric.com]
 Quoting: FromTheSouth nli 1044071

Thank you!

Now I'm quite curious; I looked up the BP cofferdam, and the one that appears in the MSM is white.
[link to www.fastcompany.com]
(cofferdam)

I've seen a photo, taken on 10 July 2010, that shows the "Joe Griffin" tethered to the CBC1268 barge, and on the barge is a very tall YELLOW structure, and it's round. Another picture in the group I saw showed the Canyon ROV I mentioned before.

There's no link to the photos. They were taken by a private individual. I'm just trying to figure out WHERE the photos were taken. The person who took them worked on the unknown large ship that was tethered to the barge and thence to the "Joe Griffin." The ship, barge, and the "Joe Griffin" were near a large rig, and the CANYON ROV was on that ship. The entire flotilla was over an oil leak (could be seen in a couple of photos). The person taking the pictures wrote about being at the leak.

I just don't know that those pictures show the same site we've been watching on television, on WEWHOWATCH, etc., and that's why I'm digging.
Nancy Lazaryan
Canada
07/22/2010 05:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump

TRINITY...PIN THIS...it will make Reuters green with envy!
Nancy Lazaryan
Canada
07/22/2010 05:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
New Lawsuit filed against BP
[link to jurist.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 419649
United States
07/22/2010 06:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Remember when Obama surprisingly ok'd offshore drilling? Before the BP blow out? And it is being reported he was aware of problems.

Then of course he reinstated the moratorium, after the blow out.

[link to www.suntimes.com]

[link to www.reuters.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1043488

I remember that as well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 419649
United States
07/22/2010 06:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'll ask this one last time, where is the source document for this language, where did this originate from?

OP, where did you get this info (highlighted), as it is not in the document you linked to:

WELL #A (the first well that blew and was abandoned)

Latitude 28/44/17.277 N
Longitude 88/21/57.340 W

On location in Mississippi Canyon Block 252 in the Gulf of Mexico, the Deepwater Horizon semi-sub commenced exploration drilling at the Macondo prospect on 03FEB10.

This exploration well had been partially drilled by Transocean in OCT09. The Marianas semi-sub was damaged by hurricane Ida and was removed for repairs in late NOV09.

BP immediately experienced serious problems with its Deepwater Horizon semi-sub operation on 03FEB10. They were unable to seal large cracks at the base of the well for ten days.

BP informed the U.S. Minerals Management Service Dept. of the Interior on 13FEB10 that the cracks were causing uncontrollable bursts of natural gas and they filed a permit to abandon the well immediately.

President Obama was notified of the well blowout on February 13, 2010.

Quoting: TonyTouch

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 839312
United States
07/22/2010 06:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'll ask this one last time, where is the source document for this language, where did this originate from?

OP, where did you get this info (highlighted), as it is not in the document you linked to:

WELL #A (the first well that blew and was abandoned)

Latitude 28/44/17.277 N
Longitude 88/21/57.340 W

On location in Mississippi Canyon Block 252 in the Gulf of Mexico, the Deepwater Horizon semi-sub commenced exploration drilling at the Macondo prospect on 03FEB10.

This exploration well had been partially drilled by Transocean in OCT09. The Marianas semi-sub was damaged by hurricane Ida and was removed for repairs in late NOV09.

BP immediately experienced serious problems with its Deepwater Horizon semi-sub operation on 03FEB10. They were unable to seal large cracks at the base of the well for ten days.

BP informed the U.S. Minerals Management Service Dept. of the Interior on 13FEB10 that the cracks were causing uncontrollable bursts of natural gas and they filed a permit to abandon the well immediately.

President Obama was notified of the well blowout on February 13, 2010.

bump
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 419649

+
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 988348
United States
07/22/2010 07:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
tweeny
United States
07/22/2010 09:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
I wish we had the lat/long of the tankers that were collecting from the cap a few weeks ago.

Bump for the am
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/22/2010 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Some Souce Data Links for info on front page

[link to www.subseaiq.com]

quote:

The Macondo prospect is located on Mississippi Canyon Block 252 in the Gulf of Mexico in a water depth of 4,993 feet (1,522 meters). BP serves as the operator, holding a 65% interest in the prospect; Anadarko holds 25%; and MOEX 2007 holds the remaining 10%.

On October 21, 2009, the Transocean Marianas semisub arrived on location to spud an exploration well on the Macondo prospect. Several days later drilling commenced, but was halted on Nov. 28, 2009, when the semisub underwent repairs for damage caused by Hurricane Ida. BP leased another rig, the Deepwater Horizon semisub to complete drilling operations on the well. The Deepwater Horizon semisub commenced operations in February 2010 and had recently terminated drilling at a depth of just over 18,000 feet ...
Goetia

User ID: 1044775
United States
07/22/2010 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just bumping. Not sure if you guys are 100% on... But I think you are all on the right track. It's this kind of investigating that ripped apart the 9/11 story.

Keep it going.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1033774
United States
07/22/2010 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Could it be that the reason we haven't seen ROV feeds of the DWH wreckage is because it's laying on the gusher?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1040089
United States
07/22/2010 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
i have also heard that 0bama know about this first blow out in February..that he knew all about it..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1021019
United States
07/22/2010 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
I can promise you they didn't have 2 blowouts.

If you want to call cutting the pipe and drilling a different route a blowout, you can but it's not a blow out.

If you want to call leaking gas and problems sealing the well a blowout - go for it - but it's not a blow out.

If that were the case we would have a blowout in the GOM every month.

- And because the MMS knew about the problems, doesn't mean they informed the President. That's one of these big leaps of faith in some articles.
ByndPhkd

User ID: 1026261
United States
07/22/2010 12:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

If you want to call cutting the pipe and drilling a different route a blowout, you can but it's not a blow out.

If you want to call leaking gas and problems sealing the well a blowout - go for it - but it's not a blow out.

- And because the MMS knew about the problems, doesn't mean they informed the President. That's one of these big leaps of faith in some articles.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1021019

First off, you can't promise us anything about this situ. Just as I can't promise you anything about this - too much disinformation and not enough facts.

Blowout or no blowout at site A - Fracturing of the sea floor around the well and the fact they almost blew up the rig sure raises the question of in what condition was the well abandoned.

As far as the President being informed - I know that when the DWH sank the Pres was specially informed on how bad the situ was and that it would be till Aug. until relief wells could possibly kill the well. What did he do with that info - played down the damage and sat on his hands. Great F'n leadership.

Last Edited by ByndPhkd on 07/22/2010 12:42 PM
Brwnstown

User ID: 897397
United States
07/22/2010 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

First off, you can't promise us anything about this situ. Just as I can't promise you anything about this - too much disinformation and not enough facts.

Blowout or no blowout at site A - Fracturing of the sea floor around the well and the fact they almost blew up the rig sure raises the question of in what condition was the well abandoned.

As far as the President being informed - I know that when the DWH sank the Pres was specially informed on how bad the situ was and that it would be till Aug. until relief wells could possibly kill the well. What did he do with that info - played down the damage and sat on his hands. Great F'n leadership.
 Quoting: ByndPhkd

Last Edited by Brwnstown on 07/22/2010 01:02 PM
Oiled in Florida  (OP)

User ID: 1039480
United States
07/22/2010 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Also, is there an error here? On the first page

BP WELL #B (the second well that blew up Deepwater Horizon)

Latitude 28/44/16.027 N
Longitude 88/21/57.340 W

He is giving the same longitude coordinates as the ones from Well A. On the Scribd document the Long for Well B is 88/22/00.589W on the page with the map of wells A and B.
 Quoting: tweeny 1044395

Yes, that was definitely a typo error on my part. I'm surprised no-one caught my mistake sooner than now. I fixed it on the original post with a note showing it was updated and corrected today.
Oiled in Florida  (OP)

User ID: 1039480
United States
07/22/2010 01:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Where is the source doucment for the commentary for well A?

It is not in the Scrib Document.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1004291

Heck people. I see this has been asked at least four times in this thread. Don't I get a chance to sleep or work?

The Scrib link and the commentary were forwarded to me. I don't know who the original author was and I have no idea if it was quoting a document or not. After I started to research it, the summary seemed to make sense so I posted it in the OP and backed up most of what it said with additional links from internet posts, videos, and news sites which are on the first two pages of this thread.

Last Edited by Oiled In Florida on 07/22/2010 01:22 PM

GLP