Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,266 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 533,384
Pageviews Today: 884,276Threads Today: 299Posts Today: 5,160
10:27 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

PROOF -- BP Deepwater Horizon Drilled TWO Wells That Blew Out on FEB 13 and APR 20

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1043434
United States
07/22/2010 01:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: PROOF -- BP Deepwater Horizon Drilled TWO Wells That Blew Out on FEB 13 and APR 20
If this is for real...why hasn't oil COVERED more beaches? I know, I know, but they couldn't cover-up that much oil with ANY amount of Corexit?

WHERE'S ALL THE CRUDE OIL????

and why is it blood red?

Hmmmmmmmmm... hey Matt more questions for you

In no way do I trust BP, but I wonder the same thing. Where is all this oil going. If we still have a gusher out there, oil should still be washing up on the beaches.

it is

NOT ENOUGH!

Did you happen to catch the photos of the 48 hour old China Spill? Two days old and it looks WORSE than New Orleans...except for the dude swimming in it!

We're at DAY 94...Come on, WHERE IS THE F'N' OIL?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1043434

NOT JUST MY IMAGINATION.....

[link to www.google.com]

"We are starting to have trouble finding oil," US pointman Admiral Thad Allen, who is in charge of handling the government's response, told reporters.

The boats, which have been drafted in to skim oil off the surface of the Gulf, are "really having to search for the oil in some cases" around the area of the capped well, he added.

Well.....
Oiled in Florida  (OP)

User ID: 1039480
United States
07/22/2010 01:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: PROOF -- BP Deepwater Horizon Drilled TWO Wells That Blew Out on FEB 13 and APR 20
We're at DAY 94...Come on, WHERE IS THE F'N' OIL?

NOT JUST MY IMAGINATION.....

[link to www.google.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1043434

Perhaps when tropical depression 3 goes through the Gulf this weekend we'll see where all the oil has been hiding. Who knows, it may be that the COREXIT destroyed most of it and now there's no oil worth recovering since it's been turned into a toxic chemical sludge.
Nancy Lazaryan
User ID: 1009846
Canada
07/22/2010 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
SOME of the ROV cameras of COORDINATES on the screens.
Has anyone been able to decipher these coordinates?
Maybe we can build a map the shows where each of these ROVs are located, and then see what ships are anchored around them.
tweeny
User ID: 1044395
United States
07/22/2010 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
OK, after working through the logic on this I think this is what we have to find out.

Clearly the Skandi ROV is sitting at the original Well A site showing us a BOP, etc...

When Well A started having problems in Feb, did they seal it and move to site B, another site undisclosed, or just go a different direction from their current location on a second try? The latter is what BP seems to be claiming, but there seem to be documents that say site A was shut in. We need the coordinates of the burning DWH at the time it blew up. Was it at site A or on top of a second well?

Also, I really wish someone would debunk the video I posted if it was not DWH, because I clearly see two rigs side by side.

If Well A had problems and they closed it, leaving a BOP on it to shut it in, then wouldn't hey have to leave a rig on top of it to control/operate the BOP below in case they needed to? Then if they started a second well nearby, either as a relief well or just a second exploratory one, they would have to use a second rig?

Yes, I agree the pieces aren't together yet, but I have been chasing this on my own for 3 days before I found this site from LATOC. It occurred to me as soon as they claimed the seeps were from 2 other wells nearby and I had been trying so hard to understand Simmons claims, but they didn't quite fit either.

Has anyone seen the Prestige? The magician pulled off the ultimate illusion by
twin brothers living the same life as one man in public for years. Two men, one life. That is what I was thinking.
tweeny
United States
07/22/2010 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
OK, after working through the logic on this I think this is what we have to find out.

Clearly the Skandi ROV is sitting at the original Well A site showing us a BOP, etc...

When Well A started having problems in Feb, did they seal it and move to site B, another site undisclosed, or just go a different direction from their current location on a second try? The latter is what BP seems to be claiming, but there seem to be documents that say site A was shut in. We need the coordinates of the burning DWH at the time it blew up. Was it at site A or on top of a second well?

Also, I really wish someone would debunk the video I posted if it was not DWH, because I clearly see two rigs side by side.

If Well A had problems and they closed it, leaving a BOP on it to shut it in, then wouldn't hey have to leave a rig on top of it to control/operate the BOP below in case they needed to? Then if they started a second well nearby, either as a relief well or just a second exploratory one, they would have to use a second rig?

Yes, I agree the pieces aren't together yet, but I have been chasing this on my own for 3 days before I found this site from LATOC. It occurred to me as soon as they claimed the seeps were from 2 other wells nearby and I had been trying so hard to understand Simmons claims, but they didn't quite fit either.

Has anyone seen the Prestige? The magician pulled off the ultimate illusion by
twin brothers living the same life as one man in public for years. Two men, one life. That is what I was thinking.
nott2000

User ID: 953582
Australia
07/22/2010 01:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
SOME of the ROV cameras of COORDINATES on the screens.
Has anyone been able to decipher these coordinates?
Maybe we can build a map the shows where each of these ROVs are located, and then see what ships are anchored around them.
 Quoting: Nancy Lazaryan 1009846

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1021019
United States
07/22/2010 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can promise you they didn't have 2 blowouts.

If you want to call cutting the pipe and drilling a different route a blowout, you can but it's not a blow out.

If you want to call leaking gas and problems sealing the well a blowout - go for it - but it's not a blow out.

If that were the case we would have a blowout in the GOM every month.

- And because the MMS knew about the problems, doesn't mean they informed the President. That's one of these big leaps of faith in some articles.

First off, you can't promise us anything about this situ. Just as I can't promise you anything about this - too much disinformation and not enough facts.

Blowout or no blowout at site A - Fracturing of the sea floor around the well and the fact they almost blew up the rig sure raises the question of in what condition was the well abandoned.

As far as the President being informed - I know that when the DWH sank the Pres was specially informed on how bad the situ was and that it would be till Aug. until relief wells could possibly kill the well. What did he do with that info - played down the damage and sat on his hands. Great F'n leadership.
 Quoting: ByndPhkd

Trust me I'm not defending the President. Actually I hope the DWH gets him out of office. Just saying I don't believe he would be informed of a stuck bit or a even a leaking well.

Obviously he would be informed of a blowout with deaths, coast guard etc...

And I will say I don't know anyone on the DWH, but I'm in a area and talk to people daily that would know if a well had a blowout.

Also there are sites like rigzone.com or ogj.com that know every boat, every rig movement etc.. No way they could hide a blowout.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1021019
United States
07/22/2010 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: tweeny 1044395

I won't debunk the video and truly I'm not sure it was shot, or even if that is DWH.

But, I will give you an explanation for a second rig. BP was abandoning the rig. This was a planed abandon as they were going to use subsurface equipment on this well.

On April 20, 2010, the crew of the Deepwater Horizon was preparing to temporarily abandon BP’s “Macondo” discovery well in Mississippi Canyon (MC) Block 252.

In a few hours, they would have been ready to move the drilling rig off location so that a completion rig could move on.
tweeny
United States
07/22/2010 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you, that makes sense, because some of the footage of the DWH looks like it was shot from another rig nearby. So, next question is, would they leave a BOP on the first well after they busted the bottom and pulled out abandoning it, or would they just cement it in and move the BOP to another site for the second drill? Obviously there is a BOP that we are seeing on Skandi ROV at the site of Well A
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/22/2010 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
It looks like they planned to bypass the well after they severed the pipes that got stuck. This is what Williams said on the 60 min. documentary. What does that mean exactly? It is looking to me more and more like they only ever drilled at Well A with 2 bores.

Sent: Wednesday, March <10th>
To: Patton, Frank
Cc: Powell, Heather (JC Connor Consulting)
Subject: MC 252 #001 - Plug back approval requested
Importance: High

Frank,
We are in the midst of a well control situation on Me 252 #001 and have stuck pipe. We are bringing out equipment to
begin operations to sever the drillpipe, plugback the well and bypass.

The APM for the plugback is submitted in Ewell.

The BOP test is due tomo"ow. We would like to set the plugs (2) after we kill the well and then test BOPs per the
procedure in the APM. Please advise if this is acceptable.·

Please let me know if you have any questions or require additional information. Thanks.

Scherie Douglas
Sr. Regulatory & AdvocarJ!} Advisor
BP Exploration & Production Inc.

[link to energycommerce.house.gov]
Oiled in Florida  (OP)

United States
07/22/2010 08:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'll ask this one last time, where is the source document for this language, where did this originate from?

OP, where did you get this info (highlighted), as it is not in the document you linked to:

WELL #A (the first well that blew and was abandoned)

Latitude 28/44/17.277 N
Longitude 88/21/57.340 W

On location in Mississippi Canyon Block 252 in the Gulf of Mexico, the Deepwater Horizon semi-sub commenced exploration drilling at the Macondo prospect on 03FEB10.

This exploration well had been partially drilled by Transocean in OCT09. The Marianas semi-sub was damaged by hurricane Ida and was removed for repairs in late NOV09.

BP immediately experienced serious problems with its Deepwater Horizon semi-sub operation on 03FEB10. They were unable to seal large cracks at the base of the well for ten days.

BP informed the U.S. Minerals Management Service Dept. of the Interior on 13FEB10 that the cracks were causing uncontrollable bursts of natural gas and they filed a permit to abandon the well immediately.

President Obama was notified of the well blowout on February 13, 2010.

bump

+
 Quoting: Ocean Motion

Heck people. I see this has been asked at least four times in this thread. Don't I get a chance to sleep or work?

The Scrib link and the commentary were forwarded to me. I don't know who the original author was and I have no idea if it was quoting a document or not. After I started to research it, the summary seemed to make sense so I posted it in the OP and backed up most of what it said with additional links from internet posts, videos, and news sites which are on the first two pages of this thread.
TonyTouch

User ID: 1005697
United States
07/22/2010 09:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
No problem OP, we were just trying to piece this together and were curious.
Oiled in Florida  (OP)

United States
07/22/2010 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'll ask this one last time, where is the source document for this language, where did this originate from?

OP, where did you get this info (highlighted), as it is not in the document you linked to:

WELL #A (the first well that blew and was abandoned)

Latitude 28/44/17.277 N
Longitude 88/21/57.340 W

On location in Mississippi Canyon Block 252 in the Gulf of Mexico, the Deepwater Horizon semi-sub commenced exploration drilling at the Macondo prospect on 03FEB10.

This exploration well had been partially drilled by Transocean in OCT09. The Marianas semi-sub was damaged by hurricane Ida and was removed for repairs in late NOV09.

BP immediately experienced serious problems with its Deepwater Horizon semi-sub operation on 03FEB10. They were unable to seal large cracks at the base of the well for ten days.

BP informed the U.S. Minerals Management Service Dept. of the Interior on 13FEB10 that the cracks were causing uncontrollable bursts of natural gas and they filed a permit to abandon the well immediately.

President Obama was notified of the well blowout on February 13, 2010.

Quoting: TonyTouch

This one is just for you Tony since you're such an impatient schmuck. I work and I like to get some sleep from time to time. Sorry if I didn't answer you fast enough. Apparently you work and sleep on GLP. I don't.

"The Scrib link and the commentary were forwarded to me. I don't know who the original author was and I have no idea if it was quoting a document or not. After I started to research it, the summary seemed to make sense so I posted it in the OP and backed up most of what it said with additional links from internet posts, videos, and news sites which are on the first two pages of this thread."
Nancy Lazaryan
Canada
07/22/2010 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
MORE PROOF
LOCATION of the DEEP HORIZON WELL (that blew up)
26 44 20 N
88 24 24 W
Reported here:
[link to www.mygeoinfo.com]
and here:
[link to www.incidentnews.gov]

NOW GO TO THE MAP OF THE SHIPS
[link to www.marinetraffic.com]

THERE ARE NO SHIPS AT THESE COORDINATES!!!
What we are seeing IS NOT the Deep Horizon well.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
07/22/2010 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Oiled in Florida  (OP)

United States
07/22/2010 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
MORE PROOF
LOCATION of the DEEP HORIZON WELL (that blew up)
26 44 20 N
88 24 24 W
Reported here:
[link to www.mygeoinfo.com]
and here:
[link to www.incidentnews.gov]

NOW GO TO THE MAP OF THE SHIPS
[link to www.marinetraffic.com]

THERE ARE NO SHIPS AT THESE COORDINATES!!!
What we are seeing IS NOT the Deep Horizon well.
 Quoting: Nancy Lazaryan 1009846

Nice investigative work, Nancy. Keep it up. Have you noticed anything else with the Marine positioning of the ROV's since your last post that we need to know?

Last Edited by Oiled In Florida on 07/22/2010 09:29 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 970323
United States
07/23/2010 08:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1011743
Netherlands
07/23/2010 08:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 326376
United States
07/23/2010 12:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
WOW Is all I can say. They should have plenty of experience w/ blown wells. Haliburton bought out boots n coots.
So.... how come they don't want to contain this. Surely they would get more money if they operated w/ out killing lots of ppl and paying huge sums of money to repair their errors. Does everyone really want an amagheddon here?
 Quoting: KAREN / LA 1043584

Not if you are #e!! bent on passing cap and trade BS legislation at all costs.

Tim
Biochemistry major and UNbeliever in CO2 cause warming.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1046161
United States
07/23/2010 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Does this picture [link to www.nsf.gov] remind you of the sea floor around the oil leak? This is a chunk taken from the seabed around an asphalt volcano.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1022798
United States
07/23/2010 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
bumpn
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1033502
United Kingdom
07/23/2010 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Goofy Thum bump
amithis

User ID: 1009123
United States
07/23/2010 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
WHO CARES
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1046525
Canada
07/23/2010 06:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.foxnews.com]
update ;)
Nancy Lazaryan
Canada
07/23/2010 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1033502
United Kingdom
07/24/2010 09:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Goofy Thum bump
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1033502
tweeny
United States
07/24/2010 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
After researching this thoroughly, the conclusion is that Deepwater only ever drilled the first well (Well A) and that is what we are seeing on the ROV feed. They got stuck the first time, did a plugback (where they seal the well from the stuck point down) and did a "sidetrack" around that part to the bottom of the well. This can be verified from the API numbers and emails available. 60 min. mispoke when they stated that the well was "abandoned" after they fractured the bottom the first time. They abandoned that route and cut a new route from the side and then down. The A and B well thing is a red herring. However, my question is did the fracturing of the first "bottom" of the well affect the integrity of the final bore hole, especially in light of it being compromised now. If they fractured the strata around the hole then any escaping gas/oil from the current well bore could find its way more easily through these fissures. It bugs me that all the diagrams BP shows have a straight well to the bottom, when the truth is it is more complex than that. They had to curve the hole which made the casing and cementing more complicated, plus you have a fractured and plugged section adjoining the hole.
I love a good conspiracy as much as anyone, but this one just doesn't pan out. BP is probably lying about the integrity of the well, the extent of the seeps etc..., but I don't see them being able to pull off something as crazy as faking a closed hole while another blows wide open miles away. Current satellite feed over the past week has also shown a decrease in the amount of surface oil quite substantially which rather debunks Simmon's claims.
However, I still agree that the actual situation down there may not bode well for the success of relief wells. If the rock is porous then it will not hold in mud or cement. A good overview of the problem can be heard here.

[link to rense.gsradio.net:8080]
Oiled in Florida  (OP)

United States
07/24/2010 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
60 min. mispoke when they stated that the well was "abandoned" after they fractured the bottom the first time. They abandoned that route and cut a new route from the side and then down. The A and B well thing is a red herring.
 Quoting: tweeny 1044395

That's nice conjecture, but it doesn't add up either. BP filed with MMS to abandon "the" well. Abandonment of a well is not the same as abandoning the route of a well drilling operation.

Macondo Prospect

On location in Mississippi Canyon Block 252 in the Gulf of Mexico, the Deepwater Horizon recently concluded exploration drilling on the Macondo prospect. According to the Minerals Management Service, BP filed a permit to temporarily abandon the well, on which the Deepwater Horizon commenced drilling in February 2010. With a proposed depth of 20,000 ft, the exploration well was drilled to just over 18,000 ft.

[link to rigzone.com]
 Quoting: Oiled in Florida
Oiled in Florida  (OP)

United States
07/24/2010 01:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
As The Times-Picayune reported last week... The crew was planning to temporarily abandon the well, and before leaving, they would need to remove the riser and the blowout preventer... and some time later another operation would re-tap the well to extract its riches.

[link to www.nola.com]

So, there's another matter to consider in all the bits and small pieces of info that have leaked out... so far.

I'm impatiently waiting for the day when the whistle-blowers from Halliburton who were on the rig, along with some of the third-party contractors, allow us to know which well, which location, and what really happened from Early February to April 20.
tweeny
United States
07/24/2010 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
yes they filed to abandon Well A, which was why they had just finished the cement job and were about to temporarily plug it when it blew.

Again, I am not saying there is not another well or fissure spewing which we are not being shown, but this A and B well theory doesn't work out to my mind.

GLP