Explaining 9-11 to a child

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1095296
United States
09/10/2010 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Explaining 9-11 to a child
how do you explain to a child that Santa doesn't exist?

I let him figure it out for himself, and I confirmed it.

Big difference here, in that the guy that put gifts under a tree is fake, and that our Gov lied to us, killed 3000 people to get placed in a few countries to get oil and drugs, dont you think?
 Quoting: guindog

Why isn't it the same? Both are lies.
One lie is better than another?
guindog  (OP)

User ID: 1049247
United States
09/10/2010 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?
"Majority of Amerika is too awash in its own mediocrity to commit to fighting for freedom" Mojo
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1063930
United States
09/10/2010 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
I try my best to be honest with my kids. I find that most kids are lined up and fed lies all throughout their childhood and I don't want that for my children. I also encourage them to make their own choices and deal with the consequences of their choices. As for the CS, when they ask I give them the official version. Then I explain what I believe, but it has always been a priority for me, when dealing with my children, to make sure they understand that what I believe is just that. What I believe and everyone has different beliefs as they will also. It doesn't mean I am right or wrong, it is just my belief. I insist that they are to form their own opinion and it is not to be based off of mine. I know schools dumb our kids down, but I also know that they have access to alot of information that I did not. Their encyclopedia is called the internet. I encourage them to seek answers and find solutions using it. Wish you the best, sounds like your kid has a good parent!!
dereistic

User ID: 846424
United Kingdom
09/10/2010 12:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
We were attacked on 9/11 because of we side with Israel.

bsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 794649

I'm just going by what Bin Laden said.
"And as things fell apart, nobody paid much attention"
guindog  (OP)

United States
09/10/2010 05:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
I try my best to be honest with my kids. I find that most kids are lined up and fed lies all throughout their childhood and I don't want that for my children. I also encourage them to make their own choices and deal with the consequences of their choices. As for the CS, when they ask I give them the official version. Then I explain what I believe, but it has always been a priority for me, when dealing with my children, to make sure they understand that what I believe is just that. What I believe and everyone has different beliefs as they will also. It doesn't mean I am right or wrong, it is just my belief. I insist that they are to form their own opinion and it is not to be based off of mine. I know schools dumb our kids down, but I also know that they have access to alot of information that I did not. Their encyclopedia is called the internet. I encourage them to seek answers and find solutions using it. Wish you the best, sounds like your kid has a good parent!!
 Quoting: Reaper

Sounds like a good plan, and Im not really a good parent to myself, I just always try to do what I feel is right without doing whats wrong.

If that makes me goodm cool!

Im trying to do what my parents didnt by exposing hi to different situations, and allowuing him to choose for himself, up to a point.

Seems like a few parents here are on that same page, and I hope it works for us.
"Majority of Amerika is too awash in its own mediocrity to commit to fighting for freedom" Mojo
guindog  (OP)

United States
09/10/2010 05:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
how do you explain to a child that Santa doesn't exist?

I let him figure it out for himself, and I confirmed it.

Big difference here, in that the guy that put gifts under a tree is fake, and that our Gov lied to us, killed 3000 people to get placed in a few countries to get oil and drugs, dont you think?

Why isn't it the same? Both are lies.
One lie is better than another?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1095296

Santa didnt lie and kill, even though Santa and Al Quedas existence are the same to me...stories made up to cover another lie.

If Santa was responsible for flying planes into a building, or massive fear mongering to keep the level of control over the population, I wouldve explained that also.
guindog  (OP)

United States
09/10/2010 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

For Ideas
guindog  (OP)

United States
09/10/2010 09:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, one last bump to see if anyone has anything to offer.

Then I let this thread die, and go with what i know and what Ive learned.

GLP