Bullfrog
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1102920
United States
09/20/2010 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Black Mold Poison
I want your stories. I want your experiences. I want to know just how bad it can be...

this is personal.
all authority is given to me
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1104444
Spain
09/20/2010 07:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Black Mold Poison
just do not smoke it
Bullfrog  (OP)

User ID: 1102920
United States
09/20/2010 07:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
just do not smoke it
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1104444

too late for you I guess?
all authority is given to me
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1102993
United States
09/21/2010 11:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is Cancer itself,
ingest enough
one has less than a year to live.
Seeker5

User ID: 338949
United States
09/21/2010 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Starts with the headaches and the respiratory problems, then the immune system goes down.

Nasty stuff.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 496282
United States
09/21/2010 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Number 1 reason I'd never "Garden" Indoors
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 450566
United States
09/21/2010 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
sick building syndrome
Ellie Mae Clampet

User ID: 1092134
United States
09/21/2010 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not sure of the type of mold it was, but a few weeks back, I found mold growing on a chair in our pool house. The chair was the covered in fabric and the fabric was covered in mold. It was so gross. The mold was also growing on a coffee table. We put the table and chair out in the sun and used a very diluted bleach spray on them. I live in a humid climate so its not uncommon here, I shudder to think what could be behind the walls alone
Dubayew

User ID: 1072216
United States
09/21/2010 11:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Crazy dreams, then kinda crazy in general, depressed, tired, almost like the house was haunted. My mom is still sick, I possibly brought it to my new house.
Burn it to the ground if its bad, no way to clean it. My mom tried, gutted the house it was back in 6 months.
It was even on the trees outside.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1095946
Canada
09/21/2010 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
TEFLEX.

The only word you need to know for the CURE.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
09/21/2010 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
TEFLEX.

The only word you need to know for the CURE.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1095946

google it! afro
Anonymous Coward
Canada
09/21/2010 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh, and 2 months of migraines, kidney pains, weight loss from diarreah, anger and serious liver prolems. So believe me when I say Teflex is your only hope, even if you move. You MUST erradicate it in your clothes and possessions, they are contaminated. You can also fog your home with it. I wish I had known about this shit years ago. hf
Anonymous Coward
Canada
09/21/2010 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Crazy dreams, then kinda crazy in general, depressed, tired, almost like the house was haunted. My mom is still sick, I possibly brought it to my new house.
Burn it to the ground if its bad, no way to clean it. My mom tried, gutted the house it was back in 6 months.
It was even on the trees outside.
 Quoting: Dubayew

Been there. Teflex. It's a fucking MIRACLE.
Ossie bloke

User ID: 1105478
Australia
09/21/2010 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
I had respiratory and neurological problems. This is before the Internet so I had to self diagnose using the the medical library at a university. The unmistakable Raynaud's phenomenon in my fingers were a dead give away.

[link to www.mold-survivor.com]
Anonymous Coward
Canada
09/21/2010 11:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
I had respiratory and neurological problems. This is before the Internet so I had to self diagnose using the the medical library at a university. The unmistakable Raynaud's phenomenon in my fingers were a dead give away.

Quoting: Ossie bloke

YUP. I ended up with Raynaud's too. The adrenals really shut down in mold.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
09/23/2010 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump again for TEFLEX.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1141935
Canada
11/20/2010 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Nailer45

User ID: 1168098
United States
11/20/2010 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I want your stories. I want your experiences. I want to know just how bad it can be...

this is personal.
 Quoting: Bullfrog

wash it down with bleach to kill it. Mold has to have a moisture content to thrive.

The mold issue is not as bad as the media makes it.
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson
Vision Thing

User ID: 1110850
United States
11/20/2010 12:36 PM

Report Abusive Post
It grows on the walls in my little apartment because there isn't proper insulation and the moisture condenses on the cold walls. Plus it is probably coming from behind through the walls, 100 year old building in the Pacific Northwest.

Last year my landlords gave me a dehumidifier and I run that in the closet along with a fan. Hoping that since I started earlier this year with that it will help a lot. I lost some stuff that was stored in boxes in there to mildew different times over the years.

Spraying the walls with straight bleach kills it pretty good though.

Before I got a cat I was diffusing a lot of essential oils in here, I think that helped, but that's bad for cats so I don't do it anymore.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1169258
United States
11/20/2010 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
It grows on the walls in my little apartment because there isn't proper insulation and the moisture condenses on the cold walls. Plus it is probably coming from behind through the walls, 100 year old building in the Pacific Northwest.

Last year my landlords gave me a dehumidifier and I run that in the closet along with a fan. Hoping that since I started earlier this year with that it will help a lot. I lost some stuff that was stored in boxes in there to mildew different times over the years.

Before I got a cat I was diffusing a lot of essential oils in here, I think that helped, but that's bad for cats so I don't do it anymore.
 Quoting: Vision Thing

The INSIDE of your walls are BLACK...behind the drywall!

MOVE! You can't just cover up the unpleasnt odor with air fresheners...the odor is telling your brain to GET AWAY!

LISTEN!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 370828
United States
11/20/2010 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Vision Thing

lookup baking soda, vinegar, tea tree oil, had a mold spot in the bath room and killed it w baking soda and vinegar, in the rainy soggy nw here too
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1018718
United States
11/20/2010 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
xanthan, mkay.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 601353
Canada
11/20/2010 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ozone generator will kill everything off. You can purchase them for a good price or rent them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1141935
Canada
11/20/2010 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
None of you people paid any attention to the TEFLEX recommendation. Are you all retards? You can't get rid of the mold any other way, believe me.
Canuck NLI
User ID: 1144286
Canada
11/20/2010 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

this is personal.

I lived in a house for over ten years with black mold. I lost several dogs because of it. As someone who rescued dogs, I never really connected the fact that within days of bringing them into the house, they were developing skin conditions and blood shot eyes and taking seizures, with a mold problem. I myself developed a throat condition, which I am hoping I can get rid of since I am not in that house anymore.

I noted that since leaving there, my dogs have become healthier and the skin conditions that plagued them while we were there are clearing up, along with runny eyes and noses. I suspect that the seizures and lung problems some of them developed and died from are from the mold.

I try to advise everyone who will listen about the dangers of mold. I can also recommend that if you have problems you should be supplementing with iodine daily. Do your research on iodine supplementation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 203277
United States
11/20/2010 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
As part onf my home repair business I once got into a water damage job. The mold got into my hands some how, and I almost lost both of them. I wasn't able to work for 3 months, and at one point, my hands were so swollen that, you could hardly tell I had fingers.

Be very careful with that stuff, it is nasty.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1167574
Australia
11/20/2010 04:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
soaking what ever is covered in it in strong non iodised salt water and then drying it in the sun kills it dead!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1170526
Turkey
11/20/2010 04:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

this is personal.

nasty shit mold

lived in a rented house whilst working and the place was riddled with it. (also rising damp as demonstrated by mineral leach out tide lines on walls).

red eyes, headaches, repiratory issues, constant immune system in overdrive is not good long term. I also fully beleive it was responsible for killing the weaker of our two cats.

bleached it all down repainted with mold resistant paint and it still came back.

moved and brought it with us (via spores in the soft furnishings) into a brand new house.

get it professionally treated or get the fuck out oh and bleach or burn all your belongings.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15265679
United States
05/06/2012 09:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15571693
United States
05/06/2012 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Ossie bloke

sure nuff mans, its dat dmaned mold fo sure, I checked out mesef
[link to www.diagnose-me.com]

you see it grows everywhere and kills you all
pyrobob

User ID: 14300264
United States
05/06/2012 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
what are you suppose to do with the teflex?

GLP