Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,804 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 448,314
Pageviews Today: 707,189Threads Today: 273Posts Today: 4,329
07:46 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Oklahoma Did It! Why Can't The Other States Passssss These Laws?

seeker12
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1023601
United States
11/30/2010 09:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Oklahoma Did It! Why Can't The Other States Passssss These Laws?
Go Oklahoma !

While everyone is focusing on Arizona 's new law, look what Oklahoma has been doing!!!!
cid:3B23F942-FBE6-44EF-AB56-279C8CD5BB18

An update from Oklahoma : [link to www.incredimail.com]

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9, had a few liberals in the mix, an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey, this is a conservative state, based on Christian values...! HB 1330

Guess what.......... Oklahoma did it anyway. [link to www.incredimail.com]

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. HB 1804. Hope we didn't send any of them to your state. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Guess what........... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Recently we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegal's to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional. SB 1102

Guess what........ Oklahoma did it anyway.

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. Joining Texas, [link to www.incredimail.com] Montana and Utah as the only states to do so. More states are likely to follow: Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, the Carolina's, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, Mississippi, Florida.. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again. HJR 1003

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a set back for the criminals. The Liberals didn't like it -- But ....

Just this month, the state has voted and passed a law that ALL driver's license exams will be printed in English, and only English, and no other language. They have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of the road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma , you must read and write English. Really simple.

By the way, the Liberals don't like any of this either.
Guess what....who cares... Oklahoma is doing it anyway.

If you like it, pass it on, if you don't, then delete it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1179710
United States
11/30/2010 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Oklahoma Did It! Why Can't The Other States Passssss These Laws?
The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a set back for the criminals. The Liberals didn't like it -- But ....

Quoting: seeker12

have ye got a link for this item?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1179933
United States
11/30/2010 10:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am a so-called liberal in Texas. I am for the state sovereignty movement. Don't buy the stereotypes of Texans that you see in the movies.

I would be against putting the 10 Commandments on the state house, though, because I believe in the separation of state and church, just like the founders of this nation believed in the separation of church and state. But if Oklahoma wants to be a theocracy, that's their business.

You do know why Texas doesn't fall off into the ocean, right?

Just kidding -- :)
Only Me
Strawberry Girl

User ID: 725691
United States
11/30/2010 10:14 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Ross

It's probably from an email because I've seen it before. I'm an Okie, and I can assure you that all of the above is true. I have been actively involved in local politics for years, by helping the right candidates campaign and by writing our state leaders over a variety of issues.
Goodbye, halcyon days...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory mentioned, which states that this has already happened.
seeker12  (OP)

United States
11/30/2010 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's probably from an email because I've seen it before. I'm an Okie, and I can assure you that all of the above is true. I have been actively involved in local politics for years, by helping the right candidates campaign and by writing our state leaders over a variety of issues.
 Quoting: Only Me

You're right...I got this from an email but know enough that it's true.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Only Me
Strawberry Girl

User ID: 725691
United States
11/30/2010 10:18 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: seeker12

I am a very proud Oklahoman :)
Goodbye, halcyon days...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory mentioned, which states that this has already happened.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1171782
United States
11/30/2010 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus christ!

Of all the shit to be fucking worrying about right now?!?!!?!?!

You see the problem here?
Do you see why the mainstream would love to see you fucks out of the political decision making process?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/30/2010 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

LOL

Yeah no surprise here...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1176669
United States
11/30/2010 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
# The state law passed today, 37 to 9, had a few liberals in the mix, an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol.

Oklahoma House Bill 1330 (the "Ten Commandments Monument Display Act"), passed in April 2009, allows for a Ten Commandments monument to be displayed on the Capitol grounds (not over the front entrance of the Capitol) in accordance with existing U.S. Supreme Court rulings. Whether the bill will pass constitutional muster, if challenged, remains to be decided.

# We recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from, unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen.

The Oklahoma Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act of 2007 declared that "It shall be unlawful for any person to transport, move, or attempt to transport within the United States any alien knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that the alien has come to, entered, or remained in the United States in violation of law, in furtherance of the illegal presence of the alien in the United States." (As indicated by the title, this legislation was passed back in 2007, during the Bush administration.) Enforcement of this law has been suspended by court challenges maintaining that it is at odds with federal law.

# Yesterday we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegals to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes.

In April 2009, Oklahoma passed legislation to expand existing law requiring DNA samples to include individuals convicted of certain violent misdemeanor crimes as well as illegal aliens upon arrest for any crime.

# Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives.

In April 2009, Oklahoma passed a resolution "demanding the federal government cease and desist mandates beyond its authority as designated by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution." This declaration was a resolution, not a law, and therefore is a symbolic act which has no legal effect.
10.30.10.DOOOM

User ID: 1032222
United States
11/30/2010 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am a so-called liberal in Texas. I am for the state sovereignty movement. Don't buy the stereotypes of Texans that you see in the movies.

I would be against putting the 10 Commandments on the state house, though, because I believe in the separation of state and church, just like the founders of this nation believed in the separation of church and state. But if Oklahoma wants to be a theocracy, that's their business.

You do know why Texas doesn't fall off into the ocean, right?

Just kidding -- :)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1179933

I don't think having the Ten Commandments on the front steps of their capitol makes them a theocracy. It's their right and the ten commandments are pretty universal.

I wouldn't do it though.
saved

User ID: 1172902
United States
11/30/2010 10:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

I think every state should follow suit. Instead of getting shoved in the wrong direction.
Come And Take It!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1180115
United States
11/30/2010 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Might i also add that we just voted to ban the use of sharia law in our court system. Too bad that bill is being tied up in court by a judge, the people have spoken!! lol
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/30/2010 10:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

I think every state should follow suit. Instead of getting shoved in the wrong direction.
 Quoting: saved

It changes nothing!

It means nothing!

Its a waste of time period.

What, now that the 10 commandments are on display god will start creating jobs for the low skilled work force?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1180113
United States
11/30/2010 10:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Because some of us (alot of us) live in states that don't have the balls to do this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 440768
United States
11/30/2010 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Way to go, Oklahoma!
seeker12  (OP)

United States
11/30/2010 10:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Might i also add that we just voted to ban the use of sharia law in our court system. Too bad that bill is being tied up in court by a judge, the people have spoken!! lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1180115

Can't happen fast enough for the rest of this country (USA) to follow suit!

And concerning the guy/girl stating they are liberal and for separation of state and church: This statement was made for the government to keep it's nose and (greedy) hands out of the church...not the church to stay out of political issues. Come on, this is how this country was founded and you would do good to attempt to prove otherwise.

GLP