Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,144 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 902,414
Pageviews Today: 1,503,582Threads Today: 613Posts Today: 10,709
03:14 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Looking for a purpose in life? This man found his.

Zumu
User ID: 1191261
United States
12/10/2010 07:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Looking for a purpose in life? This man found his.
Great story. Thanks OP
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1191262
Australia
12/10/2010 07:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
5 stars
Gull

User ID: 729053
United States
12/10/2010 07:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kudos to the OP and to the mod who pinned this. Best post I've seen here in a long time.
"Blessent mon coeur d’une longueur monotone."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1146974
United States
12/10/2010 07:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry but I have to swim against the stream and agree with poster 1059909...

if you could put aside the emotional aspects this film is designed to engage

and look at the reasons WHY so many people in that country are in that condition

maybe his posts wouldn't seem so outlandish.

I think the guy in that video is a good soul

but as I said

are those poor to be fed in perpetuity until the end of their days?

at what point do they fend for themselves?

By the looks of it they will need to be fed tomorrow
and the next day and the next until .... when???

You're hungry and you eat shit - rather than kill an animal or eat some native plants?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 720597
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 720597
United States
12/10/2010 07:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
And for those posting bible verses, try Psalm 37:25

"I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread."

Kinda sounds like people who lead a righteous life don't find themselves living in a ditch, eating shit and waiting for someone to come along and give them bread, doesn't it?

Just sayin'...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1154162
United States
12/10/2010 07:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

If we all just gave 1/100th this amount
the world would be a total paradise.

MORE MONEY, MORE MONEY, MORE MONEY -- that's your fucking answer??

Not to belittle this man's work, but wouldn't TEACHING these
poor souls "how to fish" be better than simply "giving them a fish"?

Of course, the trick is to keep the Liberals OUT of the
Schools so they don't POISON young minds with Dreams of
Redistributive Wealth from other people ...

Bravo, finally a dissident voice of reason in this thread.

The poor people he is feeding.... at what point do they get up and walk away and start feeding themselves, fending for themselves and making something of their lives???

Or are they to be fed in perpetuity? Until the end of their days?

Did you watch the video?

He is feeding and bathing the destitute of society. With a billion people, there's no shortage.

Enjoy your life of fast food and xbox.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1059909
United States
12/10/2010 08:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
And for those posting bible verses, try Psalm 37:25

"I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread."

Kinda sounds like people who lead a righteous life don't find themselves living in a ditch, eating shit and waiting for someone to come along and give them bread, doesn't it?

Just sayin'...

maybe the out of luck angels that comb the streets are just needing to be culled, maybe they are not so righteous...

The idealism in this thread is too much...so much "white guilt" it is silly, really....some people are outright angry with me because I support teaching people while feeding them....wow...

+10000000000000000000000
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/10/2010 08:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Did you watch the video?

He is feeding and bathing the destitute of society. With a billion people, there's no shortage.

Enjoy your life of fast food and xbox.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1154162

yes I watched it. I don't eat fast food and don't have an Xbox, jerk.

Tell me, why is there no shortage of destitute people?
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/10/2010 08:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
The idealism in this thread is too much...so much "white guilt" it is silly, really....some people are outright angry with me because I support teaching people while feeding them....wow...

+10000000000000000000000
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1059909

Right back at you. The anger is all driven by their easily-manipulated emotions.
m_astera

User ID: 1191270
Venezuela
12/10/2010 08:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
While I applaud the man for his giving spirit he is a Hindu, and in the eye's of the one true God all of his good deeds will do him no good on the day of judgement.

OH shut up! God will reward this man a spot in heaven. As for you, I'm not so sure.

And by what authority do you make that claim? The Holy word of God say's otherwise, sorry to upset your belief system of a works based faith.

Did Christ die in VAIN?
If you can be saved by good works your saying you can save yourself and need NO savior!

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1166670

"
Did Christ die in VAIN?
If you can be saved by good works your saying you can save yourself and need NO savior!"

The savior myth is a lie, a lie constructed for the purpose of convincing you that you are a worthless sinner, and that someone else can atone for your actions or lack of them.

Would you die for worthless sinners? Would you reward those who have done nothing to deserve reward with eternal life in paradise?

No, you wouldn't. And the Creator isn't stupid enough to do that either.

If you gave up this stupid idea you might realize who and what you really are at the soul level, and if you did that you might start to question a lot of things, which could eventually lead to deciding that you have had enough of being reincarnated lifetime after lifetime just so your suffering can serve as food for lying parasites in the unseen.

They wouldn't want you to figure that out.
Jessie

User ID: 1004337
United States
12/10/2010 08:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just tells me that these are people in this world who are so fucking stupid and pathetic and uneducated, that they are eating their own poop. Hard to feel sorry for them...

I think you need to eat poop. Your Karma will take you there someday. I have made it happen for you it is inevitable. Your only out for what is coming to you is kindness
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 570175
Australia
12/10/2010 08:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
wow he's like the oprah of india

*yawn*
Jessie

User ID: 1004337
United States
12/10/2010 08:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
This guy is as strong and brave as I wish I was
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1179445
United States
12/10/2010 08:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
While I applaud the man for his giving spirit he is a Hindu, and in the eye's of the one true God all of his good deeds will do him no good on the day of judgement.

OH shut up! God will reward this man a spot in heaven. As for you, I'm not so sure.

And by what authority do you make that claim? The Holy word of God say's otherwise, sorry to upset your belief system of a works based faith.

Did Christ die in VAIN?
If you can be saved by good works your saying you can save yourself and need NO savior!

"
Did Christ die in VAIN?
If you can be saved by good works your saying you can save yourself and need NO savior!"

The savior myth is a lie, a lie constructed for the purpose of convincing you that you are a worthless sinner, and that someone else can atone for your actions or lack of them.

Would you die for worthless sinners? Would you reward those who have done nothing to deserve reward with eternal life in paradise?

No, you wouldn't. And the Creator isn't stupid enough to do that either.

If you gave up this stupid idea you might realize who and what you really are at the soul level, and if you did that you might start to question a lot of things, which could eventually lead to deciding that you have had enough of being reincarnated lifetime after lifetime just so your suffering can serve as food for lying parasites in the unseen.

They wouldn't want you to figure that out.
 Quoting: m_astera

Do you think Christ does not know this man? Do you think this man does not know Christ?

21 Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?"
23 And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness."
m_astera

User ID: 1191270
Venezuela
12/10/2010 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think any one of us can make a difference, make the world a better place. For this fellow, feeding those who can't take care of themselves is his niche. That doesn't mean that is the only niche, or the right one for you or me.

If you want to do something to make the world better, just look around and find something you care about, or ask for a revelation of what you can do. It will come, and it will be the right thing for you to do at the time.

You don't have to give up you job or your home or anything that you don't want to give up, just re-focus your life a little so that what you are doing is what you believe in. That's plenty.
Soul Devine  (OP)

User ID: 983877
United States
12/10/2010 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some get it, some don't.

You may want to re-read the thread title if you aren't sure.

It's about ONE man, finding HIS purpose in this life.

In case anyone is unclear, judgement is not a purpose.

Who amongst us can judge a man acting from his spirit? Or judge those on this forum who would support him?

Nobody is asking anybody to give to this man, or anyone else, for that matter.

I'm glad to read the comments of those who have been touched or motivated to help this man, or those in your own community.

By posting the video, it was my hope that others would be motivated to find THEIR purpose, whatever that may be.

May we all be so fortunate as Mr. Krishnan.
Soul Devine  (OP)

User ID: 983877
United States
12/10/2010 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think any one of us can make a difference, make the world a better place. For this fellow, feeding those who can't take care of themselves is his niche. That doesn't mean that is the only niche, or the right one for you or me.

If you want to do something to make the world better, just look around and find something you care about, or ask for a revelation of what you can do. It will come, and it will be the right thing for you to do at the time.

You don't have to give up you job or your home or anything that you don't want to give up, just re-focus your life a little so that what you are doing is what you believe in. That's plenty.
 Quoting: m_astera

Well spoken!
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/10/2010 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just tells me that these are people in this world who are so fucking stupid and pathetic and uneducated, that they are eating their own poop. Hard to feel sorry for them...

I think you need to eat poop. Your Karma will take you there someday. I have made it happen for you it is inevitable. Your only out for what is coming to you is kindness
 Quoting: Jessie

Ill think about your magical abilities to project negative experiences on others telepathetically", as Im looking at my receipt for the donation I made to this organization, you worthless piece of tampon, fucktard...and I will never eat shit because I am not a stupid idiot, who lets others walk all over me.

Now go fuck yourself, because I did something about it. I donated. That is my yticket to greatness on this forum. If you havent made a difference in this issue in real life, then shut the fuck up, and go sit on a frozen shit stick!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1190693
Malaysia
12/10/2010 08:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why did you have to spoil this thread with your ignorant comments.

Tks OP for posting this vid. Selfless giving is the best kind of giving. Beautiful indeed.

I do not think I spoiled anything. I have a right to an opinion just as you do. My post is real...This guy is going to spend his life feeding these people who "cannot do it themselves" Im sorry...you are just a limp wristed liberal...You like the idea of this guy, but obviously you do not have the "wherewithall" to do it yourself, so you are just spending some time fantacizaing how YOU would feel if you COULD do what he actually does...

Lets see if any of these people help him if he gets sick...I actually am glad that there are people like this in the world...I just think that if a person is so fucking stupid as to eat their own shit, they deserve the ramifications of that action...Even a retard can learm what plants are native to their environment, or can fucking start walking into another place that is not so fucked up. I just dont really have alot of compassion for people who cannot fend for themselves....

with this mindset you will never be a helpful part of an actual community, you will be just a tyrant to avoid

any community or social group will have a weaker being

if you are saying that you will never feel compassion or empathy towards a weaker being in your given group, family, community then congratulations, you are a born elitist, go join your brethren in the destruction of our planet

byekitty
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1191244
Australia
12/10/2010 08:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Tks OP for posting this vid. Selfless giving is the best kind of giving. Beautiful indeed.

I do not think I spoiled anything. I have a right to an opinion just as you do. My post is real...This guy is going to spend his life feeding these people who "cannot do it themselves" Im sorry...you are just a limp wristed liberal...You like the idea of this guy, but obviously you do not have the "wherewithall" to do it yourself, so you are just spending some time fantacizaing how YOU would feel if you COULD do what he actually does...

Lets see if any of these people help him if he gets sick...I actually am glad that there are people like this in the world...I just think that if a person is so fucking stupid as to eat their own shit, they deserve the ramifications of that action...Even a retard can learm what plants are native to their environment, or can fucking start walking into another place that is not so fucked up. I just dont really have alot of compassion for people who cannot fend for themselves....

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1190693

You are missing the whole point. Aside from all the reasoning you just gave the point is to help your "brother" when they are in pain. Fullstop.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/10/2010 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

with this mindset you will never be a helpful part of an actual community, you will be just a tyrant to avoid

any community or social group will have a weaker being

if you are saying that you will never feel compassion or empathy towards a weaker being in your given group, family, community then congratulations, you are a born elitist, go join your brethren in the destruction of our planet

byekitty
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1190693

Now go fuck yourself, because I did something about it. I donated. That is my yticket to greatness on this forum. If you havent made a difference in this issue in real life, then shut the fuck up, and go sit on a frozen shit stick!

byekitty
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/10/2010 08:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

You are missing the whole point. Aside from all the reasoning you just gave the point is to help your "brother" when they are in pain. Fullstop.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1191244

My brother is my neighbor. Charity starts at home! Not some weirdo half way across the planet, thaqt has not done for himself. He will take my charity like a useless consumer, and after he is done eating my food, if I leave for 3 days to go buy some more food, guess what, he will eat my food again in the form of his own shit. This activity does not help!!!! Only empowerment helps.....Have you ever heard the one who gave up his entire life to lead a life of charity, sounds great, huh fuckwad, but he lost his children, home, and wife to do so.Sounds great on the outside, but even though he is charitible, he4 is a low life piece of shit, because he forgot charity begins at home...you people will never get it...The only ones screaming to donate are probably broke themselves, so you want MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, and others with money to save your concerns....Noone gave me my financial ability to provide for the ones I do care about, but myself...so why should I give a fuck about people who make no impact in my life. I give everyday...as a matter of fact, I dont like American Blacks, but I got one at my house right now, spending the night with my daughter for her birthday, and her hood rat, black panther militant fucktard father did not get my daughter a gift, so I went out and bought a gift for her to give to my daughter. Now my daughter understands some people are just broke right now, ande she wouldent give a shit if her friend got her nothing, but I did not want the poor girl to feel left out and weird, si I went out and bought an appropriate gift for her to present. It is nother fault her Dad id a piece of shit racist. I do care about her. I gave at home...I encourage you all do the same....Give money directly within 10 miles of your home....this internaqtional donation shit is stupid. Fucking Americans on this thread broke as shit, donating to some charity they just found out about today on a video. Get a fucking grip!!! Get off the asses, and walk down the street and make a difference. wtf
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/10/2010 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
My brother is my neighbor. Charity starts at home! Not some weirdo half way across the planet, thaqt has not done for himself. He will take my charity like a useless consumer, and after he is done eating my food, if I leave for 3 days to go buy some more food, guess what, he will eat my food again in the form of his own shit. This activity does not help!!!! Only empowerment helps.....Have you ever heard the one who gave up his entire life to lead a life of charity, sounds great, huh fuckwad, but he lost his children, home, and wife to do so.Sounds great on the outside, but even though he is charitible, he4 is a low life piece of shit, because he forgot charity begins at home...you people will never get it...The only ones screaming to donate are probably broke themselves, so you want MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, and others with money to save your concerns....Noone gave me my financial ability to provide for the ones I do care about, but myself...so why should I give a fuck about people who make no impact in my life. I give everyday...as a matter of fact, I dont like American Blacks, but I got one at my house right now, spending the night with my daughter for her birthday, and her hood rat, black panther militant fucktard father did not get my daughter a gift, so I went out and bought a gift for her to give to my daughter. Now my daughter understands some people are just broke right now, ande she wouldent give a shit if her friend got her nothing, but I did not want the poor girl to feel left out and weird, si I went out and bought an appropriate gift for her to present. It is nother fault her Dad id a piece of shit racist. I do care about her. I gave at home...I encourage you all do the same....Give money directly within 10 miles of your home....this internaqtional donation shit is stupid. Fucking Americans on this thread broke as shit, donating to some charity they just found out about today on a video. Get a fucking grip!!! Get off the asses, and walk down the street and make a difference. wtf

Oh by the way...her black panther fucktard father is going out tonight cause we have his child for the night, so he has money for cigaretts and malt liquer, but not for a white girl....I get it, I really do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1182396
Norway
12/10/2010 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have to admit, when I clicked the vid, I didnt expect it to be any good. But this is really an encouraging story. Things like this renew my faith in man. Thank you op. I really wanna be someone like this guy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1182396
Norway
12/10/2010 09:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some get it, some don't.

You may want to re-read the thread title if you aren't sure.

It's about ONE man, finding HIS purpose in this life.

In case anyone is unclear, judgement is not a purpose.

Who amongst us can judge a man acting from his spirit? Or judge those on this forum who would support him?

Nobody is asking anybody to give to this man, or anyone else, for that matter.

I'm glad to read the comments of those who have been touched or motivated to help this man, or those in your own community.

By posting the video, it was my hope that others would be motivated to find THEIR purpose, whatever that may be.

May we all be so fortunate as Mr. Krishnan.
 Quoting: Soul Devine

Amen!!!!!!!! Im really shocked people can be so bitter and cruel that they criticize what he is doing. Hes not even asking for donations, he doesnt even have a website, hes doing his part in the world. Wouldnt it be nice if we all did that...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1172054
United States
12/10/2010 09:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
SO AWESOME

FIVE STARS

BEST THING IVE SEEN ON GLP
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 902014
United Kingdom
12/10/2010 09:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nice video.....

..... but the true world just isn't like that, which is a big shame.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1181156
United States
12/10/2010 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Speaking like a true conservative. And the fact that you see nothing wrong with your "opinion" is why we are all FUCKED!
Anthony77373

User ID: 1122121
United States
12/10/2010 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.cnn.com]

This is where you can find all of the CNN Heroes.
But, even tho Narayanan Krishnan is doing great things Anuradha Koirala took home the Hero of the Year award.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1181156
United States
12/10/2010 09:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry but I have to swim against the stream and agree with poster 1059909...

if you could put aside the emotional aspects this film is designed to engage

and look at the reasons WHY so many people in that country are in that condition

maybe his posts wouldn't seem so outlandish.

I think the guy in that video is a good soul

but as I said

are those poor to be fed in perpetuity until the end of their days?

at what point do they fend for themselves?

By the looks of it they will need to be fed tomorrow
and the next day and the next until .... when???

You're hungry and you eat shit - rather than kill an animal or eat some native plants?

Not ALL of those people eat their own shit you stupid conservative. Did you not see them digging through trash? Did you not see them sleeping on the street? They have managed to "survive" on their own. They have been fending themselves.

The difference between conservatives and liberals is when a liberal see someone down, he wants to help and when a conservative see someone down, he wants that person to get up on his own.

Have you ever considered that if more people are "liberal" like this man, maybe the person being helped can get educated, can get a job, can make a living and then he too can turn around and help others? On the other hand, when more people are like you, the world is a fucking depressing place to live. We are all one minor injury away from being completely fucked.

GLP