Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,558 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 242,582
Pageviews Today: 390,514Threads Today: 129Posts Today: 2,029
05:00 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Looking for a purpose in life? This man found his.

sky168

User ID: 1106440
Australia
12/11/2010 06:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Looking for a purpose in life? This man found his.
clappa

Great post OP - much needed.
BULLDOZER

User ID: 1132282
United States
12/11/2010 06:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Awesome!
NON SERVIAM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1156723
United States
12/11/2010 06:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Seems like grand standing to me. Why bother keeping anyone alive in this hell hole? If life is shitting on you, just eat the shit and die already. There's nothing to see here..Move along!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1191615
Australia
12/11/2010 06:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
A great man, something every country, city or town needs more of. Truly inspirational.
Divine Spirit
User ID: 1191618
Australia
12/11/2010 06:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
God Bless him for his great work and philosophy on life.Peacex.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1046430
United States
12/11/2010 07:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
if your not giving knowledge, then you ain't giving shit. Wake UP!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 781451
United States
12/11/2010 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
loved it; made my day! we should all ask ourselves "what is our life's purpose" .. and are we aligned with the human spirit ... when we are we are happy!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1105317
United States
12/11/2010 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Seems like grand standing to me. Why bother keeping anyone alive in this hell hole? If life is shitting on you, just eat the shit and die already. There's nothing to see here..Move along!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1156723

Life is hell and at times seemed not worth living, but you never know what will turn it around for someone and give them the reason to go on trying. It could be a meal, a bath, a smile or even a kind word.

I don't understand what keeps these people taking their own life. It is something you and I don't understand.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1191587
Malaysia
12/11/2010 07:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
only a few guys in this world is like the man in this video

bunch of others are greedy and selfish

wtf...
Lady Wolf

User ID: 1089839
United States
12/11/2010 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
What an amazing and uplifting video OP! Thanks so much for posting this. This man is an angel and gives me hope for the human race:)
Real truth is self evident...
Lady Wolf

United States
12/11/2010 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
What an amazing and uplifting video OP! Thanks so much for posting this. This man is an angel and gives me hope for the human race:)
Lady Wolf

United States
12/11/2010 12:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just tells me that these are people in this world who are so fucking stupid and pathetic and uneducated, that they are eating their own poop. Hard to feel sorry for them...

Listen pal...But lucky that fate smiled on you. You could have been born in India and you'd be eating your own shit too. India is poor because of the East Indian Trading Company. The European stole/ raped the Vedic culture.

It's not his fault for being unschooled/uneducated, get your head out of your ass. If you have a hard time feeling sorry for them then there is something wrong with you.

The pathetic one is you! Walk in his shoes. Understand the history of these people. Quit suffering from head up ass syndrome. Sad that you can`t see anyone other then yourself.

BTW... Nice clip... Glad to see good still shines on this darkened plant.
 Quoting: CDNpiper

+1!!
Uriel

User ID: 1090333
United States
12/11/2010 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Watch this 2 minute vid. I won't make any further comments. The vid says it all.

[link to wwwi.wimp.com]
 Quoting: Soul Devine

Total inspiration, I allways wanted to do that...that man is one of the happiest walking on the earth.

All the stars for you OP. bump
By fire gold is purified, so is love, by patience.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beggining and the end, says the Lord God, who Is and who Was and who is coming, the Almighty.
Lady Wolf

United States
12/11/2010 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
if i did this, (quit my job and start givng) i would have my nice house foreclosed on and my family would be among the poor that i tried to help. it's just not possible in this capitalist society we live in.
 Quoting: 508527

It is true, that not everyone is capable of doing what this man is doing. But that doesn't mean we're not capable of helping out where and when we can. He lives in a part of the world that does not function with the type of bills and financial obligations we American's and those in other more developed countries must contend with on a day to day basis. The society where he lives is a much more basic, simple hand to mouth or so to speak. But again...we all can "grow" wherever we are "planted." If we see a need in our own communities, we can certainly reach out wherever and whenever we are able to do so and lend a helping hand:)

It could be something as an elderly or infirmed next door neighbor who simply can not do for himself or herself. Perhaps it's that homeless man holding a sign asking for food. It might even be a member of our own family's that's just down on their luck in this retched economy and who might need a place to stay for a while as he or she looks for work. Whatever the need, if it's placed before us...we ought to do what we can to fill it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1191911
Germany
12/11/2010 01:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Been reading this thread with a mixture of admiration and horror ---

It seems that many who make comments do not understand the real lfe conditions in India. An entire sub-continent stretching from the Himalayas to sub-tropical regions, it could feed all its people, but was subject to the first globalisation of the East India company, was systematically looted for hundreds of years. The country only became independent in 1947, and in the 20th century went from a population of 100 Million to now about 900 Million. It was only in the early nineties that foreign companies were allowed to invest on a large scale.

So they, and especially the infamous Monsanto have been trying to kill agriculture by selling seeds which only grow for a short time and do not reproduce. Farmers buy the seeds at high prices, financed by money-lenders and then many commit suicide by drinking pesticides.

There was always great disparity of wealth, but in the past hundred years it has gotten much worse. 200 Millon are now part of the middle class, some of which travel and wok abroad, sending funds back to their families. Many in India are very materialistic, always wheeling and dealng. Poltical and economic corruption is rife, but it is a democracy.

India has an unbroken tradition of spirituality going back thousands of years, and is one of the keepers of hidden knowledge for the world. The caste system is a great evil, and some of Indias holy people were also social reformers. What the man in the video is doing as a Brahmin, the highest caste of formerly priests and scholars is not acceptable to many in the Indian version of the “matrix”, where a IMO falsely understood reincarnation is still pervasive.
There are a few Indians who critique the headlong rush to modernity, where a youg boy could have diabetes , fom eating Western too rich foods in a mall. Outside there could be lying in a corner just such a starvng man, as was shown in the film.

People like Vandana Shiva , recipient of the Right Livelihood Award
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

or

Arundhati Roy
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

show us a different India, unafraid to take controverisal positions: they are also an aspect of the caring side of God, as is the man portrayed in the video.
Lady Wolf

United States
12/11/2010 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
I dunno, this guy's approach is more like giving them fish because he has extra fish, which is fine, being charitable is a fine quality

Though it doesn't cut to the root of the problem, he is not teaching them how to fish...

What happens when this guy's fish supply runs out?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1180213

Perhaps the video does not show everything this man does for these people. I would surmise that he helps them wherever they need it and what his abilities allow him to do. What he IS doing is taking what he CAN do and sharing it freely with those who have nothing.
Undercover Motherfucker
User ID: 1196819
United Kingdom
12/16/2010 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
I dont see how this thread got such a high rating... *shakes head*
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1187046

Stop being a cunt.

GLP