Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,173 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 544,227
Pageviews Today: 938,717Threads Today: 403Posts Today: 6,528
11:46 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Looking for a purpose in life? This man found his.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1190825
United Kingdom
12/10/2010 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Looking for a purpose in life? This man found his.
Watch this 2 minute vid. I won't make any further comments. The vid says it all.

[link to wwwi.wimp.com]

Beautiful post OP!

It makes me realise that I'm doing so little...correction virtually nothing practically to help people.

Thanks for the push!!
 Quoting: Rose Croix

^ This

Time to make some changes round here I think
(speaking personally)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 590942
United States
12/10/2010 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1143148
United States
12/10/2010 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
if i did this, (quit my job and start givng) i would have my nice house foreclosed on and my family would be among the poor that i tried to help. it's just not possible in this capitalist society we live in.
 Quoting: 508527

First, US food is far more expensive because of meat. Not to mention unhygienic if cooked in bulk, much dirtier, worse supply chain etc. So south Indian food combines nutrition, flavor, cleanliness and simplicity - one of the world's great cuisines, and one of the easiest to deliver properly in bulk.

Second, come up with a brand and do donations.

Third, simply pressure companies like Facebook and Amazon to do this kind of thing with their billions - that might give you even more leverage.

Fourth, stop making excuses. Do one small thing to get you there, today.

hf
wisdomknight

User ID: 1160825
United States
12/10/2010 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
What an amazingly beautiful soul!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 888780
United States
12/10/2010 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
This struck a deep chord in me.

If we all just gave 1/100th this amount, the world would be a total paradise.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1190362
Japan
Report Abusive Post
Just tells me that these are people in this world who are so fucking stupid and pathetic and uneducated, that they are eating their own poop. Hard to feel sorry for them...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1059909

iamwith

Theres always one isnt there?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1158410
United States
Report Abusive Post
Just tells me that these are people in this world who are so fucking stupid and pathetic and uneducated, that they are eating their own poop. Hard to feel sorry for them...

yes lets just keep robbing them of natural resources so they can never advance. hard to feel sorry for them still? fuckin ass hole. i pray you find the light.

this video made me water up. id love to do something like this- BUT HOW>>>???? WE ALL NEED MONEY.. i can barely feed my own self and family let alone a shit ton of starving people.... im doing all i can though- community gardens- community projects- theres only so much one man can do. imagine if EVERY human being did this. this world would be so fuckin strong n powerful.. we thin we got power now... just you wait.. revolution is coming!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1190816
United States
Report Abusive Post
this vid is almost as depressing as that one spca commercial with that song that makes you wanna kill yourself.
unearth9

User ID: 1087684
United States
Report Abusive Post
My purpose in life is to let everybody know the true role vitamin D plays for our health. Gov't agencies won't let us know that it helps prevent many illness when given the right amount instead of ultra low 400 IU that they tell us to take. In reality, adults need 4000-6000 Iu a day to prevent cancers of all kinds, mental disorder, diabetes and too many to list. Austim would be wiped out if pregnant mother's vitamin D level is at optimal level to begin with. Cold and flu would be greatly reduced. It's just sad that many disease are easily prevented by simply making sure your vitamin D level is where it should be but no doctors ever test it unless you are seriously sick to get them to test you for it if it ever occurs to them.

[link to www.vitamindcouncil.org]

Current research has implicated vitamin D deficiency as a major factor in the pathology of at least 17 varieties of cancer as well as heart disease, stroke, hypertension, autoimmune diseases, diabetes, depression, chronic pain, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, muscle weakness, muscle wasting, birth defects, periodontal disease, and more.

It's tough to get a lot of people to take it seriously because it seems too good to be true but vitamin D deficiency is a wide spread problem but I'll keep spreading the word to stick it to big pharma because they make a lot of money off sick people.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1164247
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1143148
United States
12/10/2010 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
While I applaud the man for his giving spirit he is a Hindu, and in the eye's of the one true God all of his good deeds will do him no good on the day of judgement.

He is no different than mother Teresa, unless he accepts Jesus as his personal savior there is no hope for his eternal soul.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1173162

Disgusting. Christians who judge others belong in the ninth circle of hell.

Jesus spent twelve years of His life in India, with a Guru. Hindus know that Jesus was a Hindu who brought Hindu concepts to the Holy Land, and for this he was crucified by the Romans.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1190816
United States
12/10/2010 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
nice to know theres some people who still care though
Hickory

User ID: 974021
United States
12/10/2010 11:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Such love and compassion. If only the rest of the world could evolve to his standard.

kks42

kks61
You have one life. Live it.
You have one voice, use it.
You have one
:Hickory-1:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1190557
Germany
12/10/2010 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

oh yes, indeed - they oughta throw it in your face instead, you unbelievable prick.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 888780
United States
12/10/2010 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Another video of him.

He feeds 3 meals to 400 people a day EVERY DAY rain or shine:

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1188685
United States
12/10/2010 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

pride comes before the fall.. your about to get knocked off your high horse.
LA-LA-LA

User ID: 1190839
United States
12/10/2010 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
this guy has a big heart
lllll
Rose Croix

User ID: 1179497
United Kingdom
12/10/2010 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for all the comments and thanks for the PIN! My first!

We can all make a difference in our own ways. Even small ways.
 Quoting: Soul Devine

You're religioned bro!
May All Things Be Auspicious!
May Excellence Increase!
May Christ/Buddha/Sacred Law of One Dharma Flourish at The Hands of The Ordination.

Peter
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1079554
United States
12/10/2010 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Watch this 2 minute vid. I won't make any further comments. The vid says it all.

[link to wwwi.wimp.com]

Humanity at it's finest. The man is a saint. If more people in the world did what he did, Peace would break out every where. Thanks OP
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1190741

Beautifully said. I couldn't agree more. This man is the personaification of Christ's love on earth. He is so light filled you can see it shine through. What an inspiration, especially at this time when we are bombarded with material messages for the holiday season. If we all took a little time to help those less fortunate than ourselves, the world would grow a little brighter every day.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1186799
United States
Report Abusive Post
bump bump yoda
Earth Daughter

User ID: 1184178
United States
Report Abusive Post
While I applaud the man for his giving spirit he is a Hindu, and in the eye's of the one true God all of his good deeds will do him no good on the day of judgement.

He is no different than mother Teresa, unless he accepts Jesus as his personal savior there is no hope for his eternal soul.

American Standard Version Isaiah 64:6
For we are all become as one that is unclean, and all our righteousnesses are as a polluted garment: and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

John 3:3 (New King James Version)

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

The sacrifice of the wicked [is] an abomination to the LORD but the prayer of the upright [is] his delight.
Proverbs 15:8
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1166670

Love has no religion. It just is. And more than that, it is all there is. Any god that punishes you for that, is not the true God.
"Arrows of hate have been shot at me too, but they never hit me, because somehow they belonged to another world, with which I have no connection whatsoever." - Albert Einstein
Earth Daughter

User ID: 1184178
United States
12/10/2010 12:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't understand, if he quit his job then how does he afford to feed these people?

Probably donations. I know if I was a business in his village, I would donate to him.

Here ya go [link to www.akshayatrust.org] I've just donated a bit through PayPal. Works like a charm.
 Quoting: Forge

Thank you! hf
"Arrows of hate have been shot at me too, but they never hit me, because somehow they belonged to another world, with which I have no connection whatsoever." - Albert Einstein
faelan2008

User ID: 1190851
United States
12/10/2010 12:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
WOW!! That really touched my heart!
Miggy

User ID: 1183962
United States
12/10/2010 12:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
For anyone who is asking themselves how this is possible, I know.

I seriously doubt that when this man saw that one poor soul that day and decided to feed him he knew what was to become of that simple, generous act.

When you put God's grace to use in a practical manner there are miracles that occur- miracles that can't be explained.

I know. It has happened to me.

This past year I was at rock bottom. You could even say I was the starving man who was near death but were it for the love of a total stranger.

Three beautiful people on this board reached out to me. You know them by their screen names here.

They loved me when I was too worn out to even love myself.

There isn't a night that goes by that I don't pray to my Lord to bestow on these three compassionate individuals all of the blessings they richly deserve for simply lifting up a fellow human being who was at the lowest point of her life.

Each day as I grow stronger I start out remembering that if it hadn't been for them I wouldn't be here right now. That's the honest truth.

All it takes is one person to make one small gesture. It snowballs.

I have been in the position of giving now for almost 3 months and I do so daily and with a heart full of love and gratitude for my fellow man BECAUSE of my fellow man.

Someone asked why that kind, Indian man isn't teaching them to fish. He isn't because until they have the two basic human needs met (food and love) they aren't able to.

There's no doubt in my mind that if this man's mission continues that will be the next progression and nothing would feel better than to see one of those individuals rise out of that situation and serve others.

One simple person.
One simple, compassionate act towards another.
The rest is nothing short of a miracle.

Become someone's miracle today.

Miggy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1101720
United States
12/10/2010 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

Christians, take a lesson from this.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1176938

Yeah ...

The Lesson is: DON'T Give your Money to a Bloated Federal
Government that Redistributes Wealth as they see fit
to People that are far-separated from the People
in your OWN Community who need help the MOST.

We in America didn't have Welfare as we know it until 1965.

The Churches, the Local Communities and PEOPLE helped
out their fellow man
-- not Pelosi, Reid and Obama!

Now people are ADDICTED to a sense of Entitlement from
Liberal Politicians -- Free Government Cheese for all!

"Government Cheese" (Rainmakers)

Give a man a free house and he'll bust out the windows
Put his family on food stamps, now he's a big spender

no food on the table and the bills ain't paid
'Cause he spent it on cigarettes and P.G.A.
They'll turn us all into beggars 'cause they're easier to please
They're feeding our people that Government Cheese

Give a man free food and he'll figure out a way
To steal more than he can eat 'cause he doesn't have to pay

Give a woman free kids and you'll find them in the dirt
Learning how to carry on the family line of work
It's the man in the White House, the man under the steeple
Passing out drugs to the American people
I don't believe in anything, nothing is free
They're feeding our people the Government Cheese

Give a man a free ticket on a dead end ride
And he'll climb in the back even though nobody's driving
Too ******* lazy to crawl out of the wreck
And he'll rot there while he waits for the welfare check

Going to hell in a handbag, can't you see
I ain't gonna eat no Government Cheese

DNAprototype

User ID: 955590
United States
12/10/2010 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
infinity_me
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1166670
United States
12/10/2010 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

American Standard Version Isaiah 64:6
For we are all become as one that is unclean, and all our righteousnesses are as a polluted garment: and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

John 3:3 (New King James Version)

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

The sacrifice of the wicked [is] an abomination to the LORD but the prayer of the upright [is] his delight.
Proverbs 15:8

OH shut up! God will reward this man a spot in heaven. As for you, I'm not so sure.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1173162

And by what authority do you make that claim? The Holy word of God say's otherwise, sorry to upset your belief system of a works based faith.

Did Christ die in VAIN?
If you can be saved by good works your saying you can save yourself and need NO savior!

The Truth addict

User ID: 1190781
United Kingdom
12/10/2010 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Absolutely AWESOME OP! Pure angel in every sense of the word. If every human being on this planet decided to care for just "one" person a day, nevermind 400, this world would be transformed overnight as everyone would be cared for, which = LOVE!! Thx again OP hf
Mitch BTW..."Mass graves for the pumps and the price is set" RATM "And if love remains, though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost." Rush "I was brought up to believe, the universe has a plan. We are only human. Its not ours to understand." Rush
Punk-A$$ets

User ID: 1107017
United States
12/10/2010 12:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

Dont think they have the capacity. Surely you can relate.
cmv

User ID: 1085273
United States
12/10/2010 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
i cried a little bit.
his religion stops him from doing this kinda thing, but he doesnt care, we are all humans, all the same.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 366133
United States
12/10/2010 12:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
very good

GLP