Denver Cop Beats Disabled Woman For Not Opening Door Fast Enough

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1195064
United States
12/14/2010 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Denver Cop Beats Disabled Woman For Not Opening Door Fast Enough
After the Denver cop beat this woman up he asked her "have you learned your lesson?" She said : "Yes. I learned not to open the door for a cop ever again." As this woman learned, you should never trust a cop, and never help a cop.

[link to www.thedenverchannel.com]

Quote:
Disabled Woman Says She Was Assaulted By Denver Officer
Woman Did Not Immediately Open Apartment Door To Officers
By Dayle Cedars, 7NEWS Reporter

POSTED: 6:41 pm MST December 8, 2010

DENVER -- A disabled Denver woman said security camera footage shows just a portion of how she was assaulted by a Denver police officer.

Her crime? Not letting the officer or his partner into her apartment building right away.The incident happened on Nov. 29 and Doreen Salazar said she still has nightmares about it.

SNIP

Salazar is disabled and can barely see unless an item is right in front of her face. She said she wasn't even sure who was pounding on the door to her apartment complex until she moved closer to the glass door. When the officers were at the door, she was checking her mail.

SNIP

Surveillance video shows the officer confronting the woman in the hallway and even cornering her in the elevator. There are no cameras on the elevator or other floors.

SNIP

"(He) pulled (my left) arm, put it around it and smacked it (on the elevator door)," said Salazar. "With his free hand (he) slammed me into elevator door."

After that, she said the officer handcuffed her.

SNIP

Salazar said as she was being released, the officer turned to her and asked her a question.

Salazar said he asked, "Have I learned my lesson?"

"I said, 'Yes. I learned not to open the door for a cop ever again.'"

SNIP
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1144869
United States
12/14/2010 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Denver Cop Beats Disabled Woman For Not Opening Door Fast Enough
In the USA, we adore brutal police tactics.

Here, the police are Gods. They can do anything they want as long as they give us a good beat-down before, during, and after.

cool2
pob
User ID: 587237
United Kingdom
12/14/2010 12:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
u'v got to understand that the police are subject to enormous
stresses these days-
she could easily have been a crazed crack-ho trying to blow up the building
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1193133
United States
12/14/2010 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Needs to be fired.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2010 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
stresses these days-
 Quoting: pob 587237

Precisely!

The cops should have beaten her unconscious.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1194805
China
12/14/2010 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
that

sucks
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1187818
United States
Report Abusive Post
stresses these days-

no excuse - if the stress is too much, quit and retain your humanity!
dereistic

User ID: 846424
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
how long until everyone has had enough and we all start fighting back?

when we do, i hope the police go first.
"And as things fell apart, nobody paid much attention"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1102055
United States
12/14/2010 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
bsflag
Hickory

User ID: 974021
United States
12/14/2010 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hope she is suing. The cop need to be fired, obviously this is not the job for him.
You have one life. Live it.
You have one voice, use it.
You have one
:Hickory-1:
Modern-Day Slavecatchers
User ID: 1194594
United States
12/14/2010 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
stresses these days-

I('m sure you mena well,but I've got news for you: we're allsubject to enormous stresses these days- all the more reason that this type of conduct from those who are supposed to be "our guardians" is totally unacceptable! If you've got a nervous, twitchy. "shoot first" visceral reaction to human behavior, you shouldn't be trusted w/ a firearm & the (almost) unrestricted power of life & death over your fellow human beings. Doesn't matter if it's understandable, it's just unacceptable! :Period!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1148234
United States
12/14/2010 12:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obviously the disturbance on the 2nd floor, which was their reason for being at the complex, never was responded to while they brutally abused this poor woman!

When people have had enough, the cops are going to have to choose which side they are on, and the ones who choose the side of We The People will have to remove their uniform and distance themselves from any and all acquaintances within the force. However, I don't think there will be all that many who choose the side of the people.

I'm just wondering how much more until the people have had enough. Police are brutalizing the elderly, crippled, handicapped (physically and mentally), children, pets, etc. They are freely murdering anyone and everyone with their tasers and guns. They are focusing their attention on bullying and brutalizing, making the people FEAR them rather than respect them.

I do not pity them when it comes time for the tables to turn. They asked for it. And for those who dare to say there are good cops, I beg to differ...any cop who doesn't turn on the corrupt cops is NO good cop at all, since they hide behind the blue wall and allow these corrupt cops to take over a once highly respected and selfless profession of community service. Now all the police forces are is a militarized branch posing as public service...and they aren't professional at all, except in the act of execution.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1090500
United Kingdom
12/14/2010 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
i knew a bully cop about 20years ago, any way he wus ok with me as i wus his age.
anyway some younger guys got sick of the cop harrasment which they deserved because they were nicken cars,anyway what they did wus they followed him after duty and let him know they new where he lived of duty he lived with his mum turns out,, this i know because the cop came to me and said it was out of order and he was scared,he reckoned when the uniform wus off thats it untill he puts it on again.it was a wake up call for him ,he changed and got a transfer, i still bump in to him every now and then.back in those days i had some influence
memorys,
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1195055
United States
12/14/2010 01:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Shame on you Denver police!

You had better pray deep for any kind of forgiveness at all.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 1195064
United States
12/14/2010 01:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's another nice one, an older woman beaten and arrested for jaywalking. Funny how cops are so aggressive with disabled women and old lady jaywalkers, but are too pussy to take on thugs and gang members? They just look the other way for those guys!

Quote:
Woman files suit against city and Shreveport Police Officer
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 6:34 PM CDT Updated: Dec 06, 2010 7:32 AM CST

SHREVEPORT, La - The woman who claims a Shreveport police officer beat her up Monday afternoon August 16th, tells KSLA News 12 that it happened while he was arresting her at Fairfield and E. 75th St.

"I was just thinking will someone please get this man off me," says Ola Mae Kelly.

"The officer jumps out of the car and begins yelling at her, telling her that she's jaywalking in the street...she needs to get out of the street," her attorney says.

Carlos Prudhomme says the officer yelled for her to put her hands on the car. "I was trying to find out why he was arresting me. I kept on asking why," says Kelly.

SNIP

She claims the officer told her to spread her legs, put his hands into the waste band of her pants, and then threatened to throw her down.

"Then he throws her to the ground, and strikes her at least three times in the face," Prudhomme adds.

SNIP
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1195058
United States
12/14/2010 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
It has come to the point that when I see a cop on the road, I feel: endangered, imprisoned, hated, and parasitized upon.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/14/2010 01:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
It has come to the point that when I see a cop on the road, I feel: endangered, imprisoned, hated, and parasitized upon.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1195058

i felt like that from 8 years old round here cops are not someone you asociate with ,its sorta a us n them people round here are to thick to know they work for them or supposed to,now they work for a company not the crown
anniesnow

User ID: 1026437
United States
12/14/2010 01:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obviously the disturbance on the 2nd floor, which was their reason for being at the complex, never was responded to while they brutally abused this poor woman!

When people have had enough, the cops are going to have to choose which side they are on, and the ones who choose the side of We The People will have to remove their uniform and distance themselves from any and all acquaintances within the force. However, I don't think there will be all that many who choose the side of the people.

I'm just wondering how much more until the people have had enough. Police are brutalizing the elderly, crippled, handicapped (physically and mentally), children, pets, etc. They are freely murdering anyone and everyone with their tasers and guns. They are focusing their attention on bullying and brutalizing, making the people FEAR them rather than respect them.

I do not pity them when it comes time for the tables to turn. They asked for it. And for those who dare to say there are good cops, I beg to differ...any cop who doesn't turn on the corrupt cops is NO good cop at all, since they hide behind the blue wall and allow these corrupt cops to take over a once highly respected and selfless profession of community service. Now all the police forces are is a militarized branch posing as public service...and they aren't professional at all, except in the act of execution.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1148234

clappa

:oilflag:
I have promises to keep....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1131863
United States
12/14/2010 01:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cops should be held to higher standards than average citizens.

I don't care if she took 2 fucking hours to open the door.

She was blind and probably took a while to get to the door.

Fucking pig should be imprisoned for battery of a disabled person.

You know what they say.

I know 3 people that have been assaulted by Police officers.

I know of 1 person that has been assaulted by a gang member.

Considering my city's police force is about 5,000 and those estimated to be in gangs are 15,000. One in my city is 9 times more likely to be assaulted by the police force.

FUCK THE POLICE.

Over half of the shootings in my city involve police. What does that tell you?
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/14/2010 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
i was fist assaulted by police at 13 ,he held me by my neck kicking me in the ankles shins,he wus 6.2 and about 40 bk then ,think it wus for swearing
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 907535
United States
12/14/2010 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
>>>>"Started yelling at me, telling me, 'Am I crazy? When I am told to do something by the police you better do it,'" said Salazar.<<<<

That sez it all....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1187485
United Kingdom
12/14/2010 01:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Cops were pissed off cause the disabled dog downstairs eluded their execution. However later that day they managed to kill several family pets and 2 disabled people, 3 cars backfiring had 1,897 holes put in them and two fat people sued for slipping on spent police cartridges.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2010 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Great monologue.

Unfortunately, it'll never happen. Americans won't "rise up" anymore. I think it has to do with all the fluoride in the water supply.

Just think, a couple hundred years ago we revolted over a tax on tea! Can you imagine? A full-on revolt, over TEA?

Now we beg forgiveness as the system kicks our teeth in. My my how far the mighty have fallen.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1195215
United States
12/14/2010 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
The only hope we have is that eventually many cities will have to lay off large numbers of police officers due to budget shortfalls. Not to worry, this won't make a huge difference in the crime rate though, since the cops do very little to prevent crime anyway (they are too busy handing out speeding tickets, tazering jaywalkers, beating up old ladies, shooting dogs, etc). There will just be fewer cops on the street hassling people who are minding their own business.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2010 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
The only hope we have is that eventually many cities will have to lay off large numbers of police officers due to budget shortfalls. Not to worry, this won't make a huge difference in the crime rate though, since the cops do very little to prevent crime anyway (they are too busy handing out speeding tickets, tazering jaywalkers, beating up old ladies, shooting dogs, etc). There will just be fewer cops on the street hassling people who are minding their own business.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1195215

You make some great points.

+1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1148234
United States
12/14/2010 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great monologue.

Unfortunately, it'll never happen. Americans won't "rise up" anymore. I think it has to do with all the fluoride in the water supply.

Just think, a couple hundred years ago we revolted over a tax on tea! Can you imagine? A full-on revolt, over TEA?

Now we beg forgiveness as the system kicks our teeth in. My my how far the mighty have fallen.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1144869

It will happen, but it's going to be down right ugly the circumstances that are going to bring it to fruitation.

Our country is quickly falling and will soon end up in 3rd world status. How far we have come in just 10 years, or even in just 2-4. Personally, we were pretty darn well off 10 years ago, and even just 4 years ago, we were doing pretty terrific considering. But now, we are on the brink of losing everything because our other family members are too self-centered to work together to ensure there remains ONE house for ALL...we are the most viable with a 5 bedroom home that could quickly and easily become a 7-8 bedroom home if everyone could pull together (3 upstairs and 3 in the basement and 1-2 on the main level)...granted, it would be a bit cramped, but doable. We also have 10 acres in the middle of nothing but cropland and CRP land...only 11 miles from town, but "in the middle of nowhere". We also have 1 outbuilding and a 30x36 garage, pasture, and 2 horses. When we can't afford gas for the vehicles anymore, our horses are able to be ridden to town to get supplies. We owe less than $60,000 on our mortgage. But everyone wants to maintain their own homes or apartments or rentals...hubby's parents and siblings maintain 4 separate residences for 5 people...my parents and brother maintain 3 separate residences for 4 people. None of them live in a viable, self-preserving property...no land to speak of that can sustain them.

When people like us lose everything, not all of them are going to work together to survive and I would imagine a VERY small percentage would. The social criminal elements are going to be the ones that rise up first, and We The People will have no choice but to rise up after, just to protect what is ours. The cops are going to get caught up on one side or the other, and those who don't choose will get caught in the crossfire.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1194105
France
12/14/2010 06:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Asshat

stresses these days-
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 773494
United States
12/14/2010 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I usually stick up for the cops, but that guy's a bad apple and needs to go.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 982910
United States
12/14/2010 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great monologue.

It will happen, but it's going to be down right ugly the circumstances that are going to bring it to fruitation.

Our country is quickly falling and will soon end up in 3rd world status. How far we have come in just 10 years, or even in just 2-4. Personally, we were pretty darn well off 10 years ago, and even just 4 years ago, we were doing pretty terrific considering. But now, we are on the brink of losing everything because our other family members are too self-centered to work together to ensure there remains ONE house for ALL...we are the most viable with a 5 bedroom home that could quickly and easily become a 7-8 bedroom home if everyone could pull together (3 upstairs and 3 in the basement and 1-2 on the main level)...granted, it would be a bit cramped, but doable. We also have 10 acres in the middle of nothing but cropland and CRP land...only 11 miles from town, but "in the middle of nowhere". We also have 1 outbuilding and a 30x36 garage, pasture, and 2 horses. When we can't afford gas for the vehicles anymore, our horses are able to be ridden to town to get supplies. We owe less than $60,000 on our mortgage. But everyone wants to maintain their own homes or apartments or rentals...hubby's parents and siblings maintain 4 separate residences for 5 people...my parents and brother maintain 3 separate residences for 4 people. None of them live in a viable, self-preserving property...no land to speak of that can sustain them.

When people like us lose everything, not all of them are going to work together to survive and I would imagine a VERY small percentage would. The social criminal elements are going to be the ones that rise up first, and We The People will have no choice but to rise up after, just to protect what is ours. The cops are going to get caught up on one side or the other, and those who don't choose will get caught in the crossfire.

Great post!

+1 and bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1195658
United States
12/14/2010 11:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1195658
United States
12/15/2010 12:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Dunno about this one. Maybe when a cop orders you to do something you should do it? Still I don't know if he would right to beat her up like he did, maybe she could have been arresting for hindering an investigation?

GLP