Skaloop352
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 899455
United States
12/23/2010 02:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Man faces 20 years in federal prison for pointing laser at sheriff's helicopter
A Winter Park man faces up to 20 years in federal prison for pointing a laser at an Orange County Sheriff's Office helicopter and temporarily blinding the pilot.

[link to www.orlandosentinel.com]

20 years....for a laser pointer which resulted in no property damage and no injuries.
What is the Travisstock Institute of Human Relations?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1038611
United States
12/23/2010 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Man faces 20 years in federal prison for pointing laser at sheriff's helicopter
sholdnt have been pointing lasers at the sheriffs helicopter 5a
Tali

User ID: 1018633
United States
12/23/2010 02:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Man faces 20 years in federal prison for pointing laser at sheriff's helicopter
A Winter Park man faces up to 20 years in federal prison for pointing a laser at an Orange County Sheriff's Office helicopter and temporarily blinding the pilot.

20 years....for a laser pointer which resulted in no property damage and no injuries.
 Quoting: Skaloop352

Yup they just started doing this recently....think the first case was in orange county ca
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet. ~Colette
Anonymous Coward
12/23/2010 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I call bullshit on the temporary blinding of the pilot and loss of horizon and instruments.

I have played laser tag in arena settings with pretty strong lasers in the dark and I was never blinded or disoriented.

Don't get me wrong I think pointing lasers at Helo's is inherently a bad idea but 20 fucking years?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1203981
United States
12/23/2010 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
god plese help us
Tali

United States
12/23/2010 02:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
I call bullshit on the temporary blinding of the pilot and loss of horizon and instruments.

I have played laser tag in arena settings with pretty strong lasers in the dark and I was never blinded or disoriented.

Don't get me wrong I think pointing lasers at Helo's is inherently a bad idea but 20 fucking years?
 Quoting: Phoenix 2012

Up to...

The first person who got this in ca I believe had his dropped down to a couple years.

Seriously tho, a federal prison? lol
Babe in a Bunker

User ID: 1191937
United States
12/23/2010 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
He should have just raped a kid, he'd be out a lot sooner.
Well it seems so real I can see it
And it seems so real I can feel it
And it seems so real I can taste it
And it seems so real I can hear it
So why can't I touch it?
So why can't I touch it?

Twatter: [link to twitter.com]
Tali

United States
12/23/2010 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Babe in a Bunker

Sick isnt it...
Babe in a Bunker

User ID: 1191937
United States
12/23/2010 02:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sick isnt it...
 Quoting: Tali

The judicial system is a massive clusterfuck.
Well it seems so real I can see it
And it seems so real I can feel it
And it seems so real I can taste it
And it seems so real I can hear it
So why can't I touch it?
So why can't I touch it?

Twatter: [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1191454
United States
12/23/2010 02:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Prison Industrial Complex is a massive clusterfuck.

ohyeah
Halcyon Dayz, FCD

User ID: 1201230
Netherlands
12/23/2010 05:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Interfering with the operation of an aircraft is the plea.

They prolly threatened attempted manslaughter of a law enforcement officer or terrorism charges.
Can't say I feel sorry for the retard.
book
Reaching for the sky makes you taller.

Hi! My name is Halcyon Dayz and I'm addicted to morans.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1204002
United States
12/23/2010 05:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its stupid and people should tell them to FUCK OFF and their threat of 20 years is a joke.

Funny how they can pinpoint where the laser is coming from but they couldnt tell you where that missle came from the California!

What a fucking joke!

Lasers are cool.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1203976
United States
12/23/2010 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
for that amount of prison time I'm gonna make bail and do some real fucking damage before they catch me. 20 years? I'll make it worth their fucking time with their useless long sentencing.
ClaytonB

User ID: 1195679
United States
12/23/2010 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I guess he should consider himself lucky. Had he pointed that laser at an Escalade full of Bloods, he would have just been shot to death on the spot. But 20 years in a torture cell [link to www.youtube.com] is so much better than that.

Clayton -
1st Law of Tyranny: Dictators come and go. The people never die. - Anon

The real truth that dare not speak itself is that no one is in control [of the world], absolutely no one. Now there may be entities seeking control; the World Bank, the Communist Party, the rich... But to seek control is to take enormous aggravation upon yourself because this process that is underway will take the control freak by the short and curlies and throw them against the wall. - Terence McKenna

Nature has a certain order. The ants pick the food, the ants KEEP the food and the grasshoppers leave! - Princess Atta

That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. - Henry David Thoreau
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/23/2010 05:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
people shouldn't be pointing laser pointers at people, don't get me wrong, but 20 years is just FUCKED UP. I'd take 20 lashes to the back in the middle of a public square before taking 20 years. They should just go back to lashing. Real punishment but that's not profitable to the prison industrial complex.
TheTruther

User ID: 961072
United States
12/23/2010 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Wow , No shit!
Thats true!
lol!!!!!!!!
CHARGER69

User ID: 627484
Canada
12/23/2010 05:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
sholdnt have been pointing lasers at the sheriffs helicopter 5a
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1038611

+1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1153822
United States
12/23/2010 05:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Skaloop352

ok.. I will break it down for the challenged here..

BLINDING THE PILOT... what kind of damage would that have done if the chopper went down.

Good I hope bubba finds a new friend..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1077402
United Kingdom
12/23/2010 05:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is the reason the sentence is so long.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1134896
United Kingdom
12/23/2010 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

this is a birds eye view from inside an helicopter tounge
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1203826
Spain
12/23/2010 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
fuck the sheriff and his chopper.

let them crash next time.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/23/2010 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

BLINDING THE PILOT... what kind of damage would that have done if the chopper went down.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1153822

Well it takes some stupidity to shine a laser pointer at a chopper no doubt.. but prison sentences in the US, as a whole, are way too high, especially for victimless crimes. Time to move to Europe. Don't get 10 years for smoking pot.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1134896
United Kingdom
12/23/2010 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

you can always take out your anger on the streetlamps hiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1203826
Spain
12/23/2010 06:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

this is a birds eye view from inside an helicopter tounge
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1134896

as i said, fuck them for life!
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/23/2010 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well it takes some stupidity to shine a laser pointer at a chopper no doubt.. but prison sentences in the US, as a whole, are way too high, especially for victimless crimes. Time to move to Europe. Don't get 10 years for smoking pot.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1203976

That I do agree with you on.. our Prison times are insane..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1198523
United States
12/23/2010 06:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
You can't even LOOK at a police officer the wrong way or you'll land in jail, and in court the pig's word is NEVER disputed. That's how it works in America.

In this country, an 18 year old boy who has consensual sex with a 17 year old girl is put on the same sex offender list that serial rapists are put on. A teenage boy in Colorado was horsing around with his friends in the mountains kicking rocks around and a rock accidentally fell on someone's head down the hill who later died. That boy got charged with MANSLAUGHTER and will never be able to get a real job when he gets out, that is if he makes it out of prison without being raped and beaten to death first. His life is completely ruined because of an ACCIDENT but if you are rich and/or famous, you can get away scott free with blatant acts of murder or child molestation.

Our legal system is fucked up beyond belief.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/23/2010 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
You can't even LOOK at a police officer the wrong way or you'll land in jail, and in court the pig's word is NEVER disputed. That's how it works in America.

In this country, an 18 year old boy who has consensual sex with a 17 year old girl is put on the same sex offender list that serial rapists are put on. A teenage boy in Colorado was horsing around with his friends in the mountains kicking rocks around and a rock accidentally fell on someone's head down the hill who later died. That boy got charged with MANSLAUGHTER and will never be able to get a real job when he gets out, that is if he makes it out of prison without being raped and beaten to death first. His life is completely ruined because of an ACCIDENT but if you are rich and/or famous, you can get away scott free with blatant acts of murder or child molestation.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1198523

So tell me.. if that was one of your Family members that died from that rock how would you have taken it? Be honest.. and if you say something stupid we will all know you are full of shit.. His life is ruined.. but, what about the lifes of the people around him.. they are ruined.. so fuck him. guess he should not have been kicking around rocks on a fucking MOUNTAIN.. How stupid is that..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1179574
United States
12/23/2010 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
for that amount of prison time I'm gonna make bail and do some real fucking damage before they catch me. 20 years? I'll make it worth their fucking time with their useless long sentencing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1203976

laughGO FOR IT BIG BOY!!!!

helicopter
macgun dead3 dead3 abomb dead3 dead3
dead3 dead3
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1141935
Canada
12/23/2010 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Phoenix 2012

They let rapists off with less than 5 years, this is fucking ridiculous and he will surely not get 20 years, the public would be outraged right?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 939950
United States
12/23/2010 06:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

So tell me.. if that was one of your Family members that died from that rock how would you have taken it? Be honest.. and if you say something stupid we will all know you are full of shit.. His life is ruined.. but, what about the lifes of the people around him.. they are ruined.. so fuck him. guess he should not have been kicking around rocks on a fucking MOUNTAIN.. How stupid is that..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1153822

Not as stupid as the stuff your defending
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/23/2010 06:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Not as stupid as the stuff your defending
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 939950

Thats what I thought.. DOUBLE STANDERS... whats not good for the gooes isnt good for the gander..

GLP