Do Dating Sites Ever Work?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1154352
Australia
12/26/2010 02:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Do Dating Sites Ever Work?
I've been on for a number of years (hangs head in shame..) but have never met one person I would even consider marrying. Hmmmmmm...Me? Or....
 Quoting: anniesnow

I am with you 100% there, so don't feel It's you.
Most are just out to use and mass date as many as they can. As you say, they rarely even read the profile lol.

Dont laugh too hard at me ( lol I know you will ) but I have started to see It like the pokies, after all my losses the big one must be about to come In.

Hmmm of course, we all know the house Is then lost thinking that way lmao

Good luck with It , but seriously you may have better luck here finding " the one ".
Shingen

User ID: 899829
United States
12/26/2010 02:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
I know exactly what you mean! I do not want to waste time trying to convince him that what I KNOW is TRUE!!!! Wake the f up!

Well I'm on PoF, so send me an email

imacalicogal

sent
"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based of five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, or county commissioners." - Edward Abbey

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." -Lysander Spooner

"If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skin into their clothing, and if we're very very lucky, they'll do it in that order." - Firefly
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1163188
Australia
12/26/2010 02:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've been on for a number of years (hangs head in shame..) but have never met one person I would even consider marrying. Hmmmmmm...Me? Or....

Most are just out to use and mass date as many as they can. As you say, they rarely even read the profile lol.

Dont laugh too hard at me ( lol I know you will ) but I have started to see It like the pokies, after all my losses the big one must be about to come In.

Good luck with It , but seriously you may have better luck here finding " the one ".
 Quoting: Stormflower007

You side with her because shes female?
This is the person opening threads telling trinity she wants to marry him.
She is a player nothing more out for whatever she can get to use and abuse however she likes.
Believe it or not there is many women these days who are just players who tell men they want something genuine.
Yet have 8 different guys at once telling them that having drunken unprotected sex with all of them.
This one im sure is one of those who gives dating sites a bad name and is the female version of the ones you are talking of.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1207033
Canada
12/26/2010 03:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
just try explaining chemtrails to someone asleep, let alone a woman. and I am the kook for thinking we live in a matrix. WTF. those pricks were spaying today

EXACTLY!!! I do not want to spend that time explaining....when we could be doing something else. Don't take the fucking wrong pill!!!!!!!!!

Yes - it's best to meet someone of the same mind set at the out set.

Thing is, I've known of tooo many instances where someone has tried to bring a love interest up to speed on 'stuff'- only to have said love interest just go with it for a short time and then eventually revert to 'sheeple' (for lack of better term) later.

Hey - it happened to me. Weird really - he said he believed like I did and then a few days later said he never did believe like me.
anniesnow  (OP)

User ID: 1026437
United States
12/26/2010 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

You side with her because shes female?
This is the person opening threads telling trinity she wants to marry him.
She is a player nothing more out for whatever she can get to use and abuse however she likes.
Believe it or not there is many women these days who are just players who tell men they want something genuine.
Yet have 8 different guys at once telling them that having drunken unprotected sex with all of them.
This one im sure is one of those who gives dating sites a bad name and is the female version of the ones you are talking of.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1163188

Really idiot Aussie. haven't had sex in over 5 years. You are just stupid and speaking out your azz.
I have promises to keep....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1159998
United States
12/26/2010 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
No, I ordered a Fat Chick once and a Skinney one showed up!
BloodRed

User ID: 1205285
United States
12/26/2010 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
~ THIS one does, OP:

[link to mingle2.com]

~ LOL
hf

More zombies?

WTF?

ahhh
 Quoting: Native-Alien

~ I know, I know... sorry. But I guess I was kinda trying to point out with that link that if zombies can match-up, then HEY! There's hope!! Well, maybe not for THESE folks:

Thread: Ready to see 30 GLP Members Photos?

~ BUT YOU NEVER KNOW!! =)

hf
~ Y'all Are CrAzY Doom Tards!! But I love y'all anyway... well, not the shills, not so much... ~

~ Wanna know what we're all here for? THEY know: [link to www.youtube.com] ... So if _THEY_ can manage this, why in the world are WE such hateful fail-tards, people ........ ? ~
D's Pet

User ID: 1207614
United States
12/26/2010 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
well you are on one right now. i know of at least 8-10 couples that have hooked up here

kinda scary really, lol
 Quoting: malu

That is beyond KINDA scary.
The good news is that, according to the Obama administration, the rich will pay for everything. The bad news is that, according to the Obama administration, you're rich.
~P. J. O'Rourke
~Azul~

User ID: 1127821
United States
12/26/2010 04:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
well you are on one right now. i know of at least 8-10 couples that have hooked up here

kinda scary really, lol

That is beyond KINDA scary.
 Quoting: D's Pet

That's because you already have your honey. Me too.

But I guess it couldn't be any worse than meeting a guy in the grocery store or at work. At least you'd have some things in common.

Seriously if I found myself single...I would be clueless as to where to meet men.
:OMFGZombie:

~i categorically deny all accusations~
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1206609
Argentina
12/26/2010 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP they work, but you must to be patient. I actually met my actual GF on a site like these...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 632118
Netherlands
12/26/2010 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
relax and dont read too much into things and certainly dont be too fussy..

just go for the first one that looks the best, just like they do
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1197256
United States
12/26/2010 04:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

kinda scary really, lol

Seriously??? That would be awesome! I wouldn't have to waste so much time trying to 'school' them and get them uup to speed.

Are in you
re 40 or 50s.

over 5'5"
HWP.

like to ride horses?
ranch life?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1207752
United States
12/26/2010 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I once worked for a very wealthy guy who married his jdate.com hook up. They met on her third blind date, and his first, although I think the deal was sealed the second she saw his wallet.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1136949
United States
12/26/2010 04:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've been on a few dating sites for awhile and I've been very specific in my profile,but out of the last 100 responses I've gotten,only ONE knew what 'TEOTWAWKI' means!They don't even read my profile!They just look at the freaking picture!
Sheesh....
Anyone else have this problem? I really WANT a relationship but I want a man who can at least READ.

How old are you?

But... More importantly... What do you look like?

Ha Ha...

Very pretty,thus the responses w/out reading the profile. 5'5, 110# ,very long dark brown hair,long skirts and boots. No one ever guesses my age w/in 10 or more years.

Guess what? It doesn't matter. I've been trying to meet somebody who liked me for my personality cuz guys hit on me all the time, so I didn't put up a picture and don't send one until we've talked for awhile first.

I still get tons of responses and few read the profile. I say things like must be reasonably fit for your age - they aren't even close to that. I'm fit, I don't want some porky guy. They write anyways.

I say the higher your IQ the more we'll have to talk about. Most of them who write to me are such idiots I don't know how they managed to log on.

(If a fat moron is reading this and offended - sorry - just saying what I would like).

Really they want anything WITH A VAGINA.

I have a 3 month rule. That's extremely useful for weeding out the ones slick enough to make it past the fat and stupid tests who still aren't all they say.

Tell them flat out about your 3 month rule and watch the users run. It works!
Shingen

United States
12/26/2010 07:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tell them flat out about your 3 month rule and watch the users run. It works!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1136949

So what is the infamous "3 month Rule"?
"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based of five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, or county commissioners." - Edward Abbey

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." -Lysander Spooner

"If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skin into their clothing, and if we're very very lucky, they'll do it in that order." - Firefly
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 928398
United States
12/26/2010 07:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
I put my pick and profile up I had over 200 responses in 1 week.. had to take it down...

I did date about 4 guys... and married one.

LOL

SMile.. it was great... the PROFILE workes great because you can screen the people.
anniesnow  (OP)

United States
12/26/2010 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

kinda scary really, lol

Seriously??? That would be awesome! I wouldn't have to waste so much time trying to 'school' them and get them uup to speed.

Are in you
re 40 or 50s.

over 5'5"
HWP.

like to ride horses?
ranch life?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1197256

I am over 50,look 40.Love ranch life,horses...can ride all day. I can raise chickens,milk a cow,slop a hog,grow a garden and cook. Excellent biscuits from scratch. How many others can do that now?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1207950
Canada
12/26/2010 10:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
spock
anniesnow  (OP)

United States
12/26/2010 10:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Damn right GLP needs a dating site!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1194416
United States
12/26/2010 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
out of the last 100 responses I've gotten,only ONE knew what 'TEOTWAWKI' means!They don't even read my profile!They just look at the freaking picture!

I would say the problem is NOT the dating sites ... it is YOU.

What you want probably does NOT exist in the REAL WORLD, so of course you aren't going to find anyone.

"LAST 100 responses ..."

Sheesh ...

All the dating sites can do is provide an "introduction" forum, but if your standards are that only 1 in 100,000 men can meet your "criteria" they most likely are NOT going to work! You need to either look elsewhere, to a way to meet men where your basic criteria are already pre-screened in (example - MUST be skier!? then ONLY look at ski club members, ski resorts, ski shops etc., get the drift?)

I concur with the person who said that if they were a man they would be thrilled to have had 100 TOTAL responses, not just "the LAST 100 responses".

IF you reallly do want a serious relationship then YOU are going to have to look within yourself as to the 5 things that are really important, versus a mile long "wish list".
Shingen

United States
12/26/2010 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

I guess we'll just have to start our own.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1207887
United States
12/26/2010 11:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Can you join if you're already married???

hf

Hi Annie, I hope you have a Happy New Year!
Insomnia

User ID: 788028
Canada
12/26/2010 11:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
annie.

write down everything you want in someone.

then stop looking.

you will attract him in a place you least expect it.

happens to me every time. i ALWAYS get the type i want.

doesn't always last though, i think i have to be more specific haha.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 717934
United States
12/26/2010 11:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Annie, you're good-lookin' but what's up with this double-negative line: "Please don't write if you don't smoke" ... meaning you only want a man who smokes???

And for someone so awake and aware... pro-Israel?!?!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1207950
Canada
12/26/2010 11:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Can you join if you're already married??? hf

Hi Annie, I hope you have a Happy New Year!
 Quoting: Once4All

NO!
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/26/2010 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
...but it's definitely a better ad than the nauseating standard, "~I like movies, fine dining and walks on the beach~"... blahhhhhhhh
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1165535
United States
12/26/2010 11:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
annie's pro-israel?
Salaama

User ID: 1152674
United States
12/26/2010 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's hard to find a decent girl that gets into conspiracies, UFOs, and crazy shit like that. It gets tiresome trying to talk to these people who have no clue about the DOOOOOOOOOM!!

We need a GLP dating site!

tantrum
 Quoting: Shingen

+1
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/26/2010 11:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
annie's pro-israel?