Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,286 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 872,540
Pageviews Today: 1,449,920Threads Today: 595Posts Today: 10,290
02:43 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Was Sonny Liston told to fall by the MOB or by the MUSLIMS?

Don Ricardo
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 555241
United States
01/02/2011 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Was Sonny Liston told to fall by the MOB or by the MUSLIMS?
Thats what I still wanna know. Look closely... Could this little tap have knocked out one of the strongest fighters ever? he was famous for being able to take the hardest punches.

And where was Sammy Davis Jr.???

Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/02/2011 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Was Sonny Liston told to fall by the MOB or by the MUSLIMS?
Sonny is a central figure in one of the greatest conspiracies of all time, along with Sammy davis Jr and the mob. And the music industry even.
The Greatest!!
User ID: 1213662
United States
01/02/2011 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Or maybe Ali was just that damn good!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1173921
United States
01/03/2011 12:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Since Ali wasn't Muslim then, you must be dumb.
Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/03/2011 12:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ali joined the nation of Islam in 1964, he fought Liston in 65. He changed his name almost immediately after winning the fight.

Gee pal... guess me & you are Dumb & Dumber!

Last Edited by Don Ricardo De La O on 01/03/2011 12:39 AM
Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/03/2011 12:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
"I have much respect for Clay as a fighter, but I lost a lot of respect for him as a person when he joined the Black Muslims, particularly when he gave them credit for helping him win the championship. Cassius has made no secret of his devotion to Black Muslimism. He boasts of it, parades and flaunts it whenever he can. He constantly raises racial issues. By calling me a "Black White Hope" and by several other ill-advised and intemperate remarks, he has continually damaged the image of American Negroes and the civil rights groups working on their behalf. No decent person can look up to a champion whose credo is "hate whites." I have nothing but contempt for the Black Muslims and that for which they stand".

Floyd Patterson (boxer)
punch drunk
User ID: 1199360
United States
01/03/2011 01:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ali joined the nation of Islam in 1964, he fought Liston in 65. He changed his name almost immediately after winning the fight.

Quoting: Don Ricardo

===================
greetings...

sonny walked into a straight right thrown by ali while planted on the right foot and fullshoulder turn and hip twist delivered with precision by the greatest artistic fighter of all time who just so happens to have an 81 inch reach with wrist the size of most mens ankles and a fist that was twice the size of most men ....a hamhock among hamhocks[no disrespect intended ]

sonny got knocked the fk out...he was told to dive in an earlier round but didnt and thats whats lost the mob money..

he didnt like ali and wanted to kick his ass...fuck the mob ,to sonny this was personal...ali caught him clean walkin in and dropped him ...simple as that ..end of story ..sonny died a fighter not a diver....the mob killed him for not taking the dive in the round he was told to.....

rip Sonny...enjoy the rematch
ltba
United States
01/03/2011 01:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
"I have much respect for Clay as a fighter, but I lost a lot of respect for him as a person when he joined the Black Muslims, particularly when he gave them credit for helping him win the championship. Cassius has made no secret of his devotion to Black Muslimism. He boasts of it, parades and flaunts it whenever he can. He constantly raises racial issues. By calling me a "Black White Hope" and by several other ill-advised and intemperate remarks, he has continually damaged the image of American Negroes and the civil rights groups working on their behalf. No decent person can look up to a champion whose credo is "hate whites." I have nothing but contempt for the Black Muslims and that for which they stand".

Floyd Patterson (boxer)

=============
memo:in a new york minute
Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/03/2011 01:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

===================
greetings...

sonny walked into a straight right thrown by ali while planted on the right foot and fullshoulder turn and hip twist delivered with precision by the greatest artistic fighter of all time who just so happens to have an 81 inch reach with wrist the size of most mens ankles and a fist that was twice the size of most men ....a hamhock among hamhocks[no disrespect intended ]

sonny got knocked the fk out...he was told to dive in an earlier round but didnt and thats whats lost the mob money..

he didnt like ali and wanted to kick his ass...fuck the mob ,to sonny this was personal...ali caught him clean walkin in and dropped him ...simple as that ..end of story ..sonny died a fighter not a diver....the mob killed him for not taking the dive in the round he was told to.....

Quoting: punch drunk 1199360

Good analysis. But he was knocked out in the first minute of the first round. maybe the mob was mad at him for making it so obvious? The Muslims did not want Liston to win. Ali was their boy. Some say the Muslims threatened Sonny and thats why he took the fall. It's a real twisted story.
Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/03/2011 01:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/03/2011 01:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Referee Jersey Joe Walcott never counted to 10, but while trying to get Ali into a neutral corner, at least 17 seconds passed. When Liston finally rose, the fight resumed. However, when Walcott was told by a journalist how long Liston was down, he raised Ali's hand in victory.

Nearly four decades later, it hasn't been resolved if Ali actually landed the punch -- "the phantom punch" as it's often referred to -- that floored Liston. One of Liston's assistant trainers later said Liston threw the fight for fear of being murdered by Black Muslims.

While Liston publicly denied taking a dive, Sports Illustrated writer Mark Kram said that years later Liston told him, "That guy [Ali] was crazy. I didn't want anything to do with him. And the Muslims were coming up. Who needed that? So I went down. I wasn't hit."

[link to espn.go.com]

Last Edited by Don Ricardo De La O on 01/03/2011 01:47 AM
Gon'if
United States
01/03/2011 01:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

===================
greetings...

Good analysis. But he was knocked out in the first minute of the first round. maybe the mob was mad at him for making it so obvious? The Muslims did not want Liston to win. Ali was their boy. Some say the Muslims threatened Sonny and thats why he took the fall. It's a real twisted story.

=================

I BELIEVE THE MONEY WAS BET ON THE SECOND ROUND ..but it's been longtime and alotta fixed fights since then .
Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/03/2011 01:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
I BELIEVE THE MONEY WAS BET ON THE SECOND ROUND ..but it's been longtime and alotta fixed fights since then .
 Quoting: Gon'if 1199360

Yeah the truth is gone with these guys... Interesting history though isn't it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1214223
Canada
01/03/2011 01:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Gon'if 1199360

I think you got it. He threw it in the first and fucked everybody when he was told to do it in the second. Boxing was ruined for about 3 years after that. Clay had to go to Toronto to get a fight. Nobody would let him fight in the US. Liston fucked everybody, the mob, that loudmouth Clay, who he hated, and the whole shitty crooked game.

He paid for it with his life but good for him. It's better do die on your feet than live on your knees.
Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/03/2011 01:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Liston began a comeback in 1966, but he never got another shot at the title, and for the last months of his life he was jobless and nearly broke. He was found dead in his home on January 5, 1971, officially from heart failure, but reportedly from a heroin overdose.
Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/03/2011 02:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Liston began a comeback in 1966, but he never got another shot at the title, and for the last months of his life he was jobless and nearly broke. He was found dead in his home on January 5, 1971, officially from heart failure, but reportedly from a heroin overdose.

They say Sonny never did drugs. Sammy Davis Jr. was his manager for a few months before his death and had written a song for Sonny called "Im a lover" with music by Gene Anderson. Test pressings of Sonnys song were pressed but never made it to market due to his demise. When Sammy found out how he had been murdered he stopped release of Sonnys record in fear of his own life and supposedly destroyed the test pressings.
FreedomStands

User ID: 1199019
United States
01/03/2011 02:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is this the match where he did an obvious prayer before starting?
The Library of GLP! Please post a list of all the articles you've ever made on GLP here:

Thread: (OFFICIAL) GLP THREAD LIST

Please copy paste 1199019 to the advanced search area while setting an earlier date to view a list of my other articles.
Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/03/2011 10:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is this the match where he did an obvious prayer before starting?
 Quoting: FreedomStands

Yes, Ali said his Muslim prayer before the fight.
Don Ricardo  (OP)

United States
01/03/2011 10:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bump for boxing fans.
michael
User ID: 12467799
United States
03/13/2012 08:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why do you think that Sonny Liston did'nt train much for the first fight against Cassius Clay...When you know your going to lose why train....Liston was a 7-1 favorite...Clay was scarrrrrred out of his whits...why do you think Clay was the first one to see Liston spit out his mouth piece in fight one...because he was looking for it...he knew the muslims wanted to control the heavyweight championship and the money it brought in...Clay wanted to change his name before the first fight...the fight promoters talk'd him out of it...Sonny Liston had a right to be scared out of his wits...the black muslims kill'd more white cops then any organization on earth...Fight 2 Liston did absolutley the right thing in makeing it look like a fix...because it was..Evan Clay ask'd his corner did I hit him?????....Clay was the greatest big mouth & self promoter of all time...A chicken to fight for America the country that made him rich...He call'd himself the greatest..I don't think he was...takes a lot of skill to lean against the ropes and let a guy punch himself out..Clay could take a lot of punishment I'll give him that....Why do you think when Clay fought Patterson he let him stay up for 12 rounds to punish him he said...NOOOOOOOOOO, Liston beat Patterson twice in round one...Clay had to beat Patterson so bad for justification of himself...Sugar Ray Robinson, pound for pound...I also think Joe Louis, and personally the best fighter I ever saw pound for pound was Ruben Oliveras....I think they all would have beat Clay pound for pound...So if your gullible enough to believe Clays self promotion as the greatest...you go right ahead...I watch'd a lot of Cassius Clay fights over the years...take my word for it middleweight fights are much more exciting then watching the self proclaim'd greatest of all time laying on the ropes letting his opponent punch himself out because he could take punishment better than the other guy....I think if they'd have fought in America where Foreman was liked and felt comfortable...Clay would have lost lost 8 fights instead of 5...2 to Liston and one to Foreman ... Clay knew that...He had to get Foreman down in Africa where they all belived Clays self promotion and he knew Foreman did'nt want to fight there.....as it was the greatest was 56-5.....what happen'd those 5 times...let the "greatest" explain that.
User ID: 46333300
United States
09/05/2013 01:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's amazing how much hate can be expressed toward a simple man. For those who spoke positively of Liston. respect. If you bashed any fighter you're a imbecile. Both men filled big shoes, and through their animosity there was respect. Bitch ass forum postin wanna be boxin analyst ass hoe ass people. I got your phantom punch. fuckin sloots. Keyboard magician ass little boys.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6117645
United States
07/24/2014 07:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Obvious fix..Ali is, was, and always will be a fraud. I've seen harder hits from 8 month old babies..all this hero worship to a racist coward pig is mind blowing, he was the greatest at one thing, dodging serving his country.

GLP