Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,196 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,082,307
Pageviews Today: 1,806,396Threads Today: 729Posts Today: 13,027
05:44 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

ALERT!!! This is How the Mass Bird Death Happened - The New Madrid Fault may produce MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE soon!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1211445
United States
01/03/2011 09:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ALERT!!! This is How the Mass Bird Death Happened - The New Madrid Fault may produce MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE soon!
thats the best examination of the crazyness ive heard, thanks op!
Mr. Toppit

User ID: 1158998
United States
01/03/2011 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: ALERT!!! This is How the Mass Bird Death Happened - The New Madrid Fault may produce MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE soon!
Earthquake lights have appeared many times before big earthquakes. Maybe visible for 200 miles. Its gonna be a big one.

I'd evacuate myself.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 812359
Netherlands
01/03/2011 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
... If i'm not wrong i believe there was a mass bird death in Chile before the earthquake that hit recently.
 Quoting: Andyjax

Yes, there was a thread about that yesterday with a link (I am just too lazy to search for it :)).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1215407
United States
01/03/2011 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
IF ITS A QAUKE EFFECT

i SAY IT CALIFORNIA
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 1005671
United States
01/03/2011 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, I am wondering why piezoelectric forces only affect one species of bird.

?????
 Quoting: Profit 6

It didn't. Only the birds that died were th ebirds flying high enough to die on impact. The other birds in trees or on the ground didn't die. They were knocked out but woke up a flew off, alive.
Andyjax

User ID: 1195494
United States
01/03/2011 09:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
update: found the video to the bird kill in chile its in spanish.

[link to www.youtube.com]
EL_Nino68

User ID: 1102943
United States
01/03/2011 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who else has crystal mines around and didn't they put those skulls together somewhere?
Veni Vidi Vici
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 1005671
United States
01/03/2011 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is better then my other theory. Which is a pocket of deadly gas was released into the atmosphere and killed the birds through inhalation. The pocket then quickly dispersed to harmless levels.

In that case, it would be a matter of time before one pocket of gas hits a populated region.

God, the terror it would create if an entire city was killed over night.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
01/03/2011 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
update: found the video to the bird kill in chile its in spanish.

[link to www.youtube.com]
 Quoting: Andyjax

Ah yes, that was the video.
Ricfly52

User ID: 203277
United States
Report Abusive Post
So far this is the best explanation I have heard, other than mine.
Fishing and skiing keeps me a little sane.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1174555
Sweden
Report Abusive Post
thumbs

Excellent brainwork. This should be pinned.
Mr. Toppit

User ID: 1158998
United States
01/03/2011 09:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
One article I read said there were booms off in the distance. In the first Madrid quake there were whole fields of sand blows. Something like the sand blows may have startled the birds and then they take off to get caught in the electric effect.
whorehouse instead of whitehou
User ID: 1177175
United States
01/03/2011 09:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is better then my other theory. Which is a pocket of deadly gas was released into the atmosphere and killed the birds through inhalation. The pocket then quickly dispersed to harmless levels.

In that case, it would be a matter of time before one pocket of gas hits a populated region.

God, the terror it would create if an entire city was killed over night.
 Quoting: ºCRAPº

Well....something big comes this way sooner rather than later......and when it does, it will change this world FOREVER.....this world will then never be the same, so enjoy it while you can.
These are exciting times indeed.
JustJen
User ID: 1113598
United States
01/03/2011 09:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting theory Crap. I posted in the animals acting strange thread where I shared that my animals were acting bizarre, the bunny, hamster & dog. I spent the day out back with my children playing. The whole bird thing made me want to watch them closely but the thing is that I couldn't. In the 3+ hours I spent outside, none were flying. I heard an occasional chirp but there were none flying or even sitting on the electrical wires. It's nice today and was even a little warm. I am in Oklahoma City btw. It really is like the birds are keeping a low profile.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1216366
United States
01/03/2011 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Feels right to me.

But does this explain the fish too?
why were only bottom dwelling species affected if this is correct?
Anonymous Coward
Sweden
01/03/2011 09:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
One article I read said there were booms off in the distance. In the first Madrid quake there were whole fields of sand blows. Something like the sand blows may have startled the birds and then they take off to get caught in the electric effect.
 Quoting: Mr. Toppit

Sand blows, or sand volcanos, are generated by liquification of the ground soil, which only happens during a quake, not before or after.

The booms could be anything, even kids chucking fireworks. (It's that time of the year...)

It may be related, or not.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 898033
United States
01/03/2011 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
CRAP, this is a most awesome post. 5 stars and a bump
Miggy

User ID: 1183962
United States
01/03/2011 09:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Crap,

I think this is an EXCELLENT analysis.

Hey, think about all the watches they have made that are supposed to be really accurate because they have quartz crystal.
Miggy

User ID: 1183962
United States
01/03/2011 09:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Whoa!

Check it out.

I think Crap is really onto something!

How Quartz Watches Work

by Douglas Dwyer

Dwyer, Douglas. "How Quartz Watches Work" 01 April 2000. HowStuffWorks.com. < [link to electronics.howstuffworks.com] 03 January 2011.
Inside this Article

1. Introduction to How Quartz Watches Work
2. Before Quartz
3. The Quartz Crystal

4. Lots More Information
5. See all Clocks and Watches articles

Amazing Timepieces Image Gallery

quartz crystal
Quartz watches actually use quartz crystals to keep time. How can they be so accurate? Find out why quartz makes such a great time keeper. See pictures of amazing timepieces.

During the 1970s, the "quartz watch" burst onto the scene as the newest high-tech gadget. Initially, these watches had red LED displays and they cost around $500 in the United States. Since then, the quartz watch has evolved so that either an LCD or a traditional mechanical (hour and minute hand) movement displays the time, and the price has fallen dramatically. It is not uncommon to find quartz watches given away for free in boxes of cereal!

­Have you ever wondered why it is called a quartz watch? Or why quartz watches are so much more accurate than wind-up watches? In this edition of HowStuffWorks, you will learn all about the amazing electronic phenomenon called the quartz crystal and how it forms the heart of a quartz watch!

[link to electronics.howstuffworks.com]

Last Edited by Miggy on 01/03/2011 09:44 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1150671
United States
01/03/2011 09:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm so glad I still have those masks I bought for the first bird flu.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1177562
United States
01/03/2011 09:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is probably a dumb question but would indiana be effected much if the new madrid quake happened?
Anonymous Coward
Sweden
01/03/2011 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm so glad I still have those masks I bought for the first bird flu.

hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1150671

This is not bird flu, or any other disease. No disease works like this. Sudden, and on birds in flight. At the same time.

This is some kind of natural phenomenon. So far Crap has by far the most interesting theory.

And plausible aswell. hiding

If I lived in the area, I would definately take precautions.
FatalWishes

User ID: 626707
United States
01/03/2011 09:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Holy crap, Crap.

Seriously this has legs and is very believable.
They should take the warning labels off of everything and let stupidity sort itself out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1177562
United States
01/03/2011 09:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is probably a dumb question but would indiana be effected much if the new madrid quake happened?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1177562

nevermind, i looked it up. seems that indiana is one of the 7 states on the fault so i'm assuming they'd feel something
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
01/03/2011 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Isn't possible that the tension in the earth is enough to create a discharge, yet insufficient to create an earthquake?
Anonymous Coward
Sweden
01/03/2011 10:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1177562

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

"Earthquakes that occur there potentially threaten parts of seven U.S. states: Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mississippi."

Check the wikipedia article out. Some parts of indiana is probably safe from the EQ, but if it is a big one... The economic effects, as well as the humanitarian problems following, would be bad.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1202950
United States
01/03/2011 10:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is by the way a video of the earthquake in Chile last year. The same light phenomenon could also be seen in for example an earthquake in Japan. In some other videos you can also see weird colors in the sky before an earthquake. National Geographic ran a very good documentary about these light phenomenons and the Hessdalen light. Scientists suspect it is some kind of discharge from the earth.

(The poster of the vid blames it on HAARP)

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 812359

whoa
haskins

User ID: 1195568
United States
01/03/2011 10:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
quartz is also used/was used sorry old..
in radios to set freq. witch is determined by shape , size and composition of the crystal

In the old days you'd go to radio shack to add channel to your scanner by buying new crystal and puttin' it in your self
\
them dam weed cops changed freq. all the time back in the old day's.......this was pre cell phone time mid -late 70's
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1213268
United States
01/03/2011 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't want to believe it but for some reason I do hiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1202950
United States
01/03/2011 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
birds falling in L.A. now...

GLP