Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,656 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 84,588
Pageviews Today: 155,593Threads Today: 55Posts Today: 1,092
02:06 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

ALERT!!! This is How the Mass Bird Death Happened - The New Madrid Fault may produce MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE soon!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1177651
United States
01/04/2011 05:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ALERT!!! This is How the Mass Bird Death Happened - The New Madrid Fault may produce MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE soon!
Birds are very sensitive to electrostatic charges. A simple thunder cloud will irritate a bird severley. This is why birds fly low to the ground just before a storm, to avoid the very uncomfortable charges in the air.

In Arkansas there is one of the Worlds Largest Quartz deposits underground. Quartz is piezoelectric which means a charge developes over the surface of the quartz when pressure is applied to the crystal. The charge is millions of volts but it happens so fast its nearly harmless to people on a small scale. This is how some lighters work. A hammer hits a quartz device releasing a spark.

Anyways, the recent earthquake has placed new pressures on the quartz deposits in Arkansas. This results in a massive discharge of billions of volts of electricity. Think how a small piece of quartz the size of a pea can light a lighter. Now think about millions of Tons of quartz discharging under the extreme pressures the Earth can push.

At some point, the charges below created a brief surface charge, positive charge, during a discharge event. The electrostatic charge is immense and knocks the birds out cold in flight. The birds are still alive though, just knocked unconscious. The birds that were flying high were the ones killed upon impact. Blunt force trauma. The birds that were in the trees survived. Some birds like to fly high, others fly low. This explains why it was species specific as the birds that flew high were the ones to die.

Even American Indians knew the area in Arkansas to have very spiritual properties. Unknown but due to the massive quartz deposits below.

Now, there is a huge amount of pressure shifting below Arkansas. It is not uncommon to find mass animal death just before a large earthquake.....And the New Madrid Fault is due, over due infact.

I highly suggest anyone near the New Madrid Fault to store water and non perishables for a few weeks. The standard prep kit.
 Quoting: ºCRAPº

The best, most plausible explanation I have heard yet. Makes perfect sense and should be a serious warning to the people there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1177651
United States
01/04/2011 05:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: ALERT!!! This is How the Mass Bird Death Happened - The New Madrid Fault may produce MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE soon!
bump
yogi bear
User ID: 967628
United Kingdom
01/04/2011 07:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to blogs.hamweather.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 1005671
United States
01/04/2011 08:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, so let's say OP's theory is on to something....

HOWEVER...

If it was methane gas, why would their innards be traumatized as if something hit the birds?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1126068

Not sure. I wonder about the exact nature of injuries. Should a majority of bird injuries were broken necks then mid-flight knock out seems to fit. Birds are aerodynamic and will fall like an arrow except for a spin induced by wings hanging out.

Most birds knocked out would hit head first and break their necks. More dead birds would be found along the roads if it was a mid-flight knock out. Simply because the chance of death increases when pavement becomes the spot of impact versus softer over growth grasses and small plants.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1063859
United States
01/04/2011 08:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Should I bring my tomato plants inside?
OTOC

User ID: 1216147
United Kingdom
01/04/2011 08:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

HOWEVER...

If it was methane gas, why would their innards be traumatized as if something hit the birds?

Not sure. I wonder about the exact nature of injuries. Should a majority of bird injuries were broken necks then mid-flight knock out seems to fit. Birds are aerodynamic and will fall like an arrow except for a spin induced by wings hanging out.

Most birds knocked out would hit head first and break their necks. More dead birds would be found along the roads if it was a mid-flight knock out. Simply because the chance of death increases when pavement becomes the spot of impact versus softer over growth grasses and small plants.

Unless not knocked out.

Think of what happens to a person when you shock them with a taser.

Perhaps it just dazzled them and confused them into a basic stun, enough to stop them from being able to fly but not enough to stop them from moving their wings.

Last Edited by OTOC on 01/04/2011 08:17 AM
Solar Storms, Your basic guide: Thread: Solar Storms, Your Basic Guide.

AC 1082864 - "This post was sponsored by OTOC. If you watch any doom on November 4, watch katla!"

Yellowstone - 2024, some time after june.
<FOCUS>
User ID: 660580
United States
01/04/2011 09:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump For the most plausable theory yet.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 937940
Bulgaria
01/04/2011 09:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
The granddaddy of them all was the 1811-1812 series of three great quakes on the New Madrid Fault (halfway between St. Louis and Memphis beneath the Mississippi), which shook the entire United States. The next time the New Madrid Fault produces such a quake, it is estimated 60 percent of Memphis will be devastated, leaving $50 Billion in damage and thousands of dead in its wake. Memphis, you see - like Armenia - has looked down the barrel of a loaded seismic gun for decades, but has done virtually nothing to move out of the crosshairs.

IT did NOT shake the ENTIRE USA. And most knowledge now confirms id did NOT ring church bells in Boston.

And if 60% of Memphis was destroyed, it would be urban renewal. Have you ever been to that shithole?
And the epicenter was in New Madrid Missouri, created the Real-foot lake in Kentucky. Geologist have been radiocarbon dating the sand blows in the fields in the region for decades.

I could go on, but I used to teach at the university and your kind is so boring!
 Quoting: ChuckE

:african: Memphis is a shithole? Why, I had no idea! Who, or what caused that to happen?
TaarnaModerator
Forum Administrator

User ID: 1215902
United States
01/04/2011 09:42 AM

Report Abusive Post
A major new madrid quake would probably disrupt all intercontinental food and fuel shipments for quite some time. If it took out bridges or rail lines that cross the Mississippi it would be worse.

The whole country should prep. A big quake anywhere would create temporary shortages of lots of things. Items will be diverted to disaster areas as needed.

Texas will be the place to be.

The only self-sufficient State in the Union. =)

As self sufficient as they are...they will be inundated with tidal waves and sink holes if a large quake hits in that neighborhood.
 Quoting: fairflight

Texas may have been self-sufficient at one time but no longer with the huge urban centers now in place. OBTW, Caddo Lake in East Texas, the only natural lake in Texas, was created by the 1811 New Madrid quake. If the New Madrid goes postal, everyone East of the Rockies may feel it to some degree.
Fate whispers to the warrior

"You cannot withstand the storm"

the warrior whispers back

"I am the storm"

INTJ-A

Killer Bunny
TaarnaModerator
Forum Administrator

User ID: 1215902
United States
01/04/2011 09:50 AM

Report Abusive Post

HOWEVER...

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1126068

Because they fell from the sky to the ground; thus, BAM! internal damage.
Fate whispers to the warrior

"You cannot withstand the storm"

the warrior whispers back

"I am the storm"

INTJ-A

Killer Bunny
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1154424
United States
01/04/2011 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
birds dont fly at night. and it would take a lot to startle them out of their nests.
redwing blackbirds are ground roosters..and they were the ones predominately killed.

The Red-winged Blackbird nests in loose colonies. The nest is built in cattails, rushes, grasses, sedge, or in alder or willow bushes. The nest is constructed entirely by the female over the course of three to six days. It is a basket of grasses, sedge, and mosses, lined with mud, and bound to surrounding grasses, or branches.[9] It is located 7.6 cm (3 in) to 4.3 m (14 ft) above water.[16]

so it was something that came from the ground. impacted them, knocked them outta their nests most likely. took a great force to do all that.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/04/2011 10:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
look, early last year..looks like new madrid area, and the same kind of ground roosting birds, redwing blackbirds.

[link to www.wkrn.com]

something is coming from the ground dudes..
fairflight

User ID: 1071336
United States
01/04/2011 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
You need to get your facts straight. Reelfoot lake is 99% in TN around Lake County. Only a very small sliver of it extends in Fulton Co, Ky, how do I know this? I live in Fulton Co. Just a few miles from the New Madrid fault and Miss. R. I have quite a bit of literature, letters, newspaper articles and such from the era. It was felt all the way to the Rockies and had damage all the way to Savanna on the coast, buildings were damaged several hundred miles away from here and yes their were many reports of church bells ringing in the New England area.
Several lakes were formed after a quake then when the next quake struck the land uplifted again and the water rushed back towards the river. River boat captains said that only the very tops of trees well over 120 ft tall would peer out of the water. The shaking was so intense the gigantic trees were thrown into the air roots and all leaving only a small remnant of trees left. Waterfalls formed on the river that lasted for months until the river ate them down. A volcano formed in Arkansas that the Indians traveled for three days and nights from it's glow.
People went mad due to the pressure in their heads during the quake and ran away never to be seen. Whole Indian villages were swallowed up when the earth opened up and claimed them. The fissures would run for tens of miles and peoe would travel for many days trying to find a way to cross it. When these quakes occurred it didn't last just a. Few seconds but for a long time.

When these quakes occurred their was strange lights in the skies before hand. They were so bright you could read a paper in the middle of the night.

I have lived here my whole life and I hear booms all the time. Not everyday but every once in a while like maybe once a week. I also feel the ground rumbling underneath. No earthquake would be registered but you can feel something sometimes. The last earthquake I felt really good was about two years ago and it was located in Indiana.

If anybody wants to know what it would be like today to have a series of quakes go off like it did 200 yrs ago, get the book "The Rift" by Walter J. Williams. It has lots of old letters and articles in it from 200 yrs ago.

Sry for any mispellings for it is hard to type on the phone accurately.

One of the strange things about the original quakes is that they were in the winter but the ground water flooding large areas was lukewarm not cold as you would expect it to be. I heard the sand blows bring up nodules of petroleum and carbonized wood at first and then fill with water. The biggest sand blow or boil that I read about was over a mile across. Its one huge waterslide ride under the surface.
 Quoting: Mr. Toppit

Interesting...We live in SoCal and for the last several weeks the water from the hoses and tap come out warm...no matter how long you let it run.

I water the farm animals everyday, and when I clean and refill their water containers, several times new water is full of air, a carbonated look and it takes a couple of minutes to disipate.

We are on private well water. We do not share our well.

So the water has been warm like tepid bath water and sometimes carbonated....my husband thinks I am ridiculous, but I believe it means something.
"Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be. ALL truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 987686
United States
01/04/2011 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Birds are very sensitive to electrostatic charges. A simple thunder cloud will irritate a bird severley. This is why birds fly low to the ground just before a storm, to avoid the very uncomfortable charges in the air.

In Arkansas there is one of the Worlds Largest Quartz deposits underground. Quartz is piezoelectric which means a charge developes over the surface of the quartz when pressure is applied to the crystal. The charge is millions of volts but it happens so fast its nearly harmless to people on a small scale. This is how some lighters work. A hammer hits a quartz device releasing a spark.

Anyways, the recent earthquake has placed new pressures on the quartz deposits in Arkansas. This results in a massive discharge of billions of volts of electricity. Think how a small piece of quartz the size of a pea can light a lighter. Now think about millions of Tons of quartz discharging under the extreme pressures the Earth can push.

At some point, the charges below created a brief surface charge, positive charge, during a discharge event. The electrostatic charge is immense and knocks the birds out cold in flight. The birds are still alive though, just knocked unconscious. The birds that were flying high were the ones killed upon impact. Blunt force trauma. The birds that were in the trees survived. Some birds like to fly high, others fly low. This explains why it was species specific as the birds that flew high were the ones to die.

Even American Indians knew the area in Arkansas to have very spiritual properties. Unknown but due to the massive quartz deposits below.

Now, there is a huge amount of pressure shifting below Arkansas. It is not uncommon to find mass animal death just before a large earthquake.....And the New Madrid Fault is due, over due infact.

I highly suggest anyone near the New Madrid Fault to store water and non perishables for a few weeks. The standard prep kit.

Thread: NEW MADRID FAULT GOING TO GO SOON ARKANSAS GET READY!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1204259
United States
01/04/2011 12:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow! I'm with CRAP!!
 Quoting: Don Ricardo

Interesting. But how do you feel about the op's theory?
Mary
User ID: 1217002
United States
01/04/2011 12:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Please google the findings that the New Madrid fault goes all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico and almost follows the Mason Dixen line to the east coast. It also jogs across Georgia and close to Florida. It can also be found by googling "BP Oil Spill and New Madrid Fault".

This would be massive and should be watched carefully.
JustJen
User ID: 962919
United States
01/04/2011 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting...We live in SoCal and for the last several weeks the water from the hoses and tap come out warm...no matter how long you let it run.

I water the farm animals everyday, and when I clean and refill their water containers, several times new water is full of air, a carbonated look and it takes a couple of minutes to disipate.

We are on private well water. We do not share our well.

So the water has been warm like tepid bath water and sometimes carbonated....my husband thinks I am ridiculous, but I believe it means something.
 Quoting: fairflight

I am not trying to go off topic here but... There isn't an fracking being done in your area by any chance? What you're describing reminds me of the documentary Gasland. Lots of wells are being contaminated. It showed different people turning on their faucet to have air sputter out and then water. Some of them were able to put a match to it & actually ignite it in flames. You may want to have your well tested.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/04/2011 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Please google the findings that the New Madrid fault goes all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico and almost follows the Mason Dixen line to the east coast. It also jogs across Georgia and close to Florida. It can also be found by googling "BP Oil Spill and New Madrid Fault".

This would be massive and should be watched carefully.
 Quoting: Mary 1217002

indeed. and there's that old volcano down there as well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1216394
United States
01/04/2011 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
birds dont fly at night. and it would take a lot to startle them out of their nests.
redwing blackbirds are ground roosters..and they were the ones predominately killed.

The Red-winged Blackbird nests in loose colonies. The nest is built in cattails, rushes, grasses, sedge, or in alder or willow bushes. The nest is constructed entirely by the female over the course of three to six days. It is a basket of grasses, sedge, and mosses, lined with mud, and bound to surrounding grasses, or branches.[9] It is located 7.6 cm (3 in) to 4.3 m (14 ft) above water.[16]

so it was something that came from the ground. impacted them, knocked them outta their nests most likely. took a great force to do all that.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1154424

IT'S WINTER....NO NESTING BIRDS IN ARKANSAS!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1202080
United States
01/04/2011 12:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well, that is plausible but I don't think is the answer in this situation.

It was night time....the birds were not flying. They were at roost sleeping in the trees How do you explain that if the birds were not in flight?.

Okay........they were startled awake out of their roost in the middle of the night....they all took flight and then they met up with some kind of electrical charge??????

Just asking.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 935117
United States
01/04/2011 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why Are There Diamonds in Arkansas?

The occurrence of diamonds in Arkansas continues to intrigue geologists. About 100 million years ago a deep-source volcanic eruption occurred in this area bringing material from the mantle rapidly up to the surface. The rising magma was rich in gases that expanded to thousands of times the volume that they occupied while under the enormous pressures at mantle depth. This rapid gas expansion produced an explosion as the magma approached the Earth's surface. This explosion blasted a crater and blanketed the surrounding landscape with ejecta.

[link to geology.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 935117
United States
01/04/2011 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1216909
Puerto Rico
01/04/2011 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
So would this be soon in geological timing? Say, maybe in 10000 years?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1217152
United States
01/04/2011 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bee + be = bees
the birds and the bees.
the facts of Life.
Learn them.
Fish symbology? Croakers (more humor?)
OTOC

User ID: 1216147
United Kingdom
01/04/2011 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
So would this be soon in geological timing? Say, maybe in 10000 years?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1216909

3rd feb. give or take up to and including 50,000 years.

Last Edited by OTOC on 01/04/2011 02:42 PM
Solar Storms, Your basic guide: Thread: Solar Storms, Your Basic Guide.

AC 1082864 - "This post was sponsored by OTOC. If you watch any doom on November 4, watch katla!"

Yellowstone - 2024, some time after june.
deewitch
User ID: 1217215
United States
01/04/2011 03:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I suggested that energy coming from earth before an earthquake MAY be the reason. Weird lights in the sky can be seen before an earthquake - this light phenomenon has been witnessed all around the world.

However, that doesn't explain the dead fishes, if it's related at all.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 812359

your right i was thinking about that i just need it o hear it.

popcorn
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 956336
United States
01/04/2011 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I feel the nausea of dealing with really STUPID people about to overtake me!!!

Go back to your ignorant life and look for the UFOs and ghost that are all around you. And do not fall into that hollow earth either!!
 Quoting: ChuckE

You're the biggest jackass on glp hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1215907
United Kingdom
01/04/2011 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
bollox
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 1005671
United States
01/04/2011 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, that is plausible but I don't think is the answer in this situation.

It was night time....the birds were not flying. They were at roost sleeping in the trees How do you explain that if the birds were not in flight?.

Okay........they were startled awake out of their roost in the middle of the night....they all took flight and then they met up with some kind of electrical charge??????

Just asking.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1202080

You raise some interesting points. I'm not sure, I'm just putting things together as I learn them. In this case I would go out on a limb and suggest the birds were not sleeping due to extreme discomfort from the charges and to them it may feel like a headache or high pitched scream or whatever. It may have gradually increased in intensity.

So the birds were awakened by this over intense discomfort and they did what they do under those circumstances and attempt to flee the area. En Route fleeing the charges built up so high it knocked them out. Some broke their necks while others survived the fall. Certain species may have better resilliance to the charges and/or falling. By roads the death toll was higher, I know this, and that tells me more broke their necks on the hard pavement.

Imagine if you woke up to extreme pressures in your head and all you could do was run. While running it got so bad you pass out cold.
Silvermaven
User ID: 906655
Puerto Rico
01/04/2011 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Situation Update No. 1
On 03.01.2011 at 03:50 GMT+2

An estimated 100,000 fish have died in the northwest of Arkansas, the same state where up to 5000 dead birds recently fell from the sky.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said it suspected disease was to blame for the death of the drum fish, which floated in the water and lined the banks of a 30-kilometre stretch of the Arkansas River near Ozark, about 200km northwest of Little Rock, CNN reported on Sunday.

Ozark is about 200km west of the town of Beebe, where game wardens were trying to find out why up to 5000 blackbirds fell from the sky just before midnight on New Year's Eve, CNN said. Keith Stephens from the game and fish commission said fish kills occurred every year but the size of the latest one was unusual, and suggested some sort of disease was to blame.

"The fish kill only affected one species of fish," he told CNN. "If it was from a pollutant, it would have affected all of the fish, not just drum fish." A tugboat operator discovered the dead fish on Friday night, and fisheries officials collected some of the dying animals to conduct tests.
-----------
Its a toxin--either natural or manmade.

GLP