Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,262 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 465,400
Pageviews Today: 755,433Threads Today: 257Posts Today: 4,055
09:10 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Pole Reversal Going On Now! *Compiled List Of Proof * (UPDATED 02-07-11)

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1220788
United Kingdom
01/07/2011 09:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Pole Reversal Going On Now! *Compiled List Of Proof * (UPDATED 02-07-11)
Is it true that the strength of the Earth's magnetic field is decreasing? What's the effect?
At most places there has been a general decrease in the strength over the past century, typically ten percent or so. No one can say with any certainty whether this represents a fluctuation or whether it is a decrease which will eventually lead to a reversal.
Some scientists theorize that some, if not all of the mass extinctions that have wiped out thousands of species of life on Earth might be correlated with magnetic reversals
(1998)
[link to www.scientificamerican.com]

What causes the periodic reversals of the earth's magnetic field?
Have there been any successful attempts to model the phenomenon?
In addition, the computer model has produced three spontaneous reversals of the geomagnetic field during the 300,000-year simulation. So now, for the first time, we have three-dimensional, time-dependent simulated information about how magnetic reversals can occur
(1999)

Satellites Spy Changes to Earth's Magnetic FieldThough the process can take nearly 5,000 years, the earth's magnetic field periodically reverses. According to a report published today in Nature, scientists may have detected the beginning of the field's next such reversal.
He cautions in a commentary accompanying the report that it remains too early to tell if the planet is in the early stage of a polarity reversal. "But the rapidly evolving reversed-flux patches suggest that an attempt at reversal may be under way,"
(2002)

Headed South?
Earth's fading field could mean a magnetic flip soon
(2003)

Hot Spots Unplugged
Long considered fixed founts of molten material from deep within the planet, hot spots now join the list of moving parts.
Implications include textbook rewrites, as well as new views on paleo­climate records and the stability of the entire earth on its spin axis
(2007)

Are the Earth's magnetic poles moving?
How do navigators adjust to this change?

The magnetic poles are far more restless. They move under the influence of the dynamo currents in the Earth's core, as well as electric currents flowing in the ionosphere, the radiation belts and the Earth's magnetosphere.
(2007)

Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says
"What is so surprising is that rapid, almost sudden, changes take place in the Earth's magnetic field," said study co-author Nils Olsen, a geophysicist at the Danish National Space Center in Copenhagen.
(2008)
[link to news.nationalgeographic.com]

Cluster watches Earth's leaky atmosphere
They discovered that the oxygen ions were being accelerated by changes in the direction of the magnetic field.
(2008)

The earth's magnetic field impacts climate: Danish study
The earth's climate has been significantly affected by the planet's magnetic field, according to a Danish study published Monday that could challenge the notion that human emissions are responsible for global warming:
(2009)
[link to www.terradaily.com]

Russians order Flight Changes, after Massive Magnetic Shift downs Airliners
The reason for this unprecedented warning, these reports state, are the rapid formations of “geomagnetic storms” emanating from the boundaries of the African Tectonic Plate that due to their intensity have caused the loss of two major passenger aircraft during the past month leaving nearly 300 men, women and children dead.
To the catastrophic events occurring within the African Tectonic Plate it has been known for over a year with the reporting of a “new ocean” forming in Ethiopia, and as we can read as reported by Nature News Service:
(2009)
[link to macedoniaonline.eu]

Why is the north magnetic pole racing toward Siberia?
But the NMP(North Magnetic Pole) drifts from year to year as geophysical processes within Earth change. For more than 150 years after Ross's measurement its movement was gradual, generally less than 15 kilometers per year. But then, in the 1990s, it picked up speed in a big way, bolting north–northwest into the Arctic Ocean at more than 55 kilometers per year
(2010)

Global Eruption Rocks the Sun
It was so big, it may have shattered old ideas about solar activity
(2010)
[link to science.nasa.gov]

Terrifying scientific discovery:
Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

(2010)
[link to www.projectworldawareness.com]
GLP thread on the subject
Thread: Terrifying scientific discovery: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

Shift of Earth's magnetic north pole affects Tampa airport
Scientists say the magnetic north pole is moving toward Russia and the fallout has reached -- of all places -- Tampa International Airport
(2011)
[link to www2.tbo.com]

what do you think about all this?
Have we now started into the later stages of a polar reversal?

If you have any info that I have not listed, please post and I will update this as we have more information
 Quoting: NiNzrez

You may be bang on with this,there are many deaths of species being reported all over the world now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1220806
Australia
Report Abusive Post
Anyone else been having disrupted sleep patterns lately?

Been having them for a month or so. At first I thought it might be releated to the fact that I was a bit ill, but maybe there are some other explanations as well. Lately I fall asleep around 5-6 AM, but that leaves me 1-2 hours sleep before I have to wake up for work. Usually, on work days, I go to bed around 11-12 PM. It has happened to me twice during the last month and never before. It usually happens for 3-4 days in a row and then, probably because I was already very sleepy not having slept for several days, I finally get back on track.

I just started thinking about it and it being releated to the bird/fish deaths and the polarshift?

...but it could also be rleated to a million other things, so I am just curious. The weird thing is that I know my brother also has had sleeping trouble lately during the last month.

Just to be clear I am from north-eastern Europe.
 Quoting: xevious 1220592

do you have a million things going through your mind when going to sleep, certainly from your post I'm feeling that!
EW
User ID: 1220797
Australia
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1213355

thanks for trying :) however thats just to the main page, I figured out how to link the actual page its on lol.. this is it

Effects of Pole Reversal:

[link to www.ufodigest.com]
ATHENA AWAKENED

User ID: 1219547
United States
Report Abusive Post
looks like you better just go ahead and kill yourself if you believe this horseshit.

try a shotgun in your mouth..it'll be so nice around here when all you dumbass doomers have killed one another
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 933188

What is your problem? Let me quess... you sit around watching trash tv (like Jerry Springer and the like) entertaining yourself... with yourself, and not a single brain cell can be stimulated... unless you're watching "trash tv"

Smells like sheep
Walks like sheep
Talks like sheep
Must be SHEEP
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.” Samuel Adams, 1776
Tracy

User ID: 1198157
Australia
01/07/2011 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bookmarked for later reading....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1219764
United Kingdom
01/07/2011 09:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
MAJOR FUCKING RINGING IN MY EARS FOR THREE FUCKING DAYS NOW!

wtf

spock

yeah man i got that too. they call it tinnitus, but i know it's something far more sinister.... constant exposure to heavy DOOM METAL ... and whatever you think it is, too.
 Quoting: johnrapp 1220701

Trust me on this one because I offer no proof just my own experience/observation.

They are putting devices everywhere, maybe even on your own house that emit high pitched awful sounds designed to make p-eople agitated and not linger around. There is one on my house and I have to sleep with music to drown it out.

One night I was reading up on stanford research and some of the work they had been doing and decided to go out and test this with a friend.

Right outside his house we could hear a high pitched buzzing so we looked around, on top of a phone cable mast was a little black box and the sound appears to be emitted from that. There is another one about 500 yeards away. Turn the corner and there is another one on the mormon church. Continue along the road there is another on the Volkswagon garrage... Keep going and there is one on the Defence Systems Limited building.... then there is one on someones house juts around the next corner.

Same research studies the effects of microwave radiation on the human brain and consciousness... I discovered thats why mobile phones were allowed into the public arena.

Same set of research devled into how EM radiation affects our brains/consciousness and "behaviour"... and tried to figure out constructive uses of this radiation to control you further.

We are rats in a cage being studied and poked around... technology is being used to imprison us.. not just the tech we interact with either
EW
Australia
01/07/2011 09:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ah, OP..... I'm glad others are so happy with your work.

But I see no links.. NOT ONE! from Foxx News. I see NO LINKS from CNN. OR MS NBC. OR ABC.

Not even CBS.

And you want me to believe what you are saying?

Can't you at least link a credible story to the Wash Post or NY Times?

I want to believe you. I want to believe others. But damnit. There is no truth unless it appears
First
On my Television
and Second
In my Newspaper.

Scientific American is a journal used for instruction in most universities and holds far greater crfedibility than any MSM outlet interested only in the last bickering match between some self-serving politicians or useless celebrities.
 Quoting: Taarna

Well even though we prefer real scientists to tell us what might be happening... our boy up there has got his wish... Fox news is now reporting the manetic anomolies.. so now you believe it right? lmmfao... <facepalms>

[link to www.foxnews.com]
Hooch
User ID: 792513
United States
01/07/2011 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1213355

Only problem here is, the Arkansas birds internal organs were cooked, has nothing to do with core slowdown sweetheart.
cg

User ID: 1119788
United States
01/07/2011 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
The stuff going on now is small and soon forgotten if nothing else happens, however, if something else occurs then this is all anyone will talk about,
I wonder how cell hone radiation, all the electromagnetic garbage we throw into the sky affects the ionesphere and thus the poles, all the sell phones, all the internet all the power, 90 percent of russia cold war nuclear arms were dismantled for power and that was a small fraction of all the power used. Power use may be the biggest pollutant on the planet today. And that might cause the the poles to reverse, might be a little nudge in an already weakening magnetic field.
Let be be finale of seem
The only emperor is the emperor of ice cream--Wallace Stevens
I have seen the eternal footman hold my coat and snicker and in short I was afraid--T.S. Eliot
[email protected]
Back on twitter--follow me [email protected]
Storm 2 come

User ID: 1105596
United States
01/07/2011 09:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning Doom, gotta bookmark this thread readup
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1220050
United Kingdom
01/07/2011 09:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ah, OP..... I'm glad others are so happy with your work.

But I see no links.. NOT ONE! from Foxx News. I see NO LINKS from CNN. OR MS NBC. OR ABC.

Not even CBS.

And you want me to believe what you are saying?

Can't you at least link a credible story to the Wash Post or NY Times?

I want to believe you. I want to believe others. But damnit. There is no truth unless it appears
First
On my Television
and Second
In my Newspaper.
 Quoting: Seamus

2 Guys own all the TV networks and newspapers.
Work it out.
EW
Australia
01/07/2011 09:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Update - [link to www.ufo-blogger.com]

Only problem here is, the Arkansas birds internal organs were cooked, has nothing to do with core slowdown sweetheart.
 Quoting: Hooch 792513

I dont know if your refering to my post about the effects of a pole reversal.. but that link is only to the home page, I messed up trying to add it.. this is the correct link here: [link to www.ufodigest.com]

Sorry for any confusion
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1011895
United States
01/07/2011 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Has anyone here been taking any psychedelic drugs (including marijuana) lately? This is a serious question, and one which I ask because of the possibility that the mind-expanding effects may provide some with insight regarding the Earth changes that we are experiencing. Also, I'm wondering if anyone under the influence can actually sense the changes that are occurring.

peace
 Quoting: Hmmm 1193937

My friends are baked 24/7. They have not mentioned anything.
Phat Daddy

User ID: 1111573
United States
01/07/2011 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is it true that the strength of the Earth's magnetic field is decreasing? What's the effect?
At most places there has been a general decrease in the strength over the past century, typically ten percent or so. No one can say with any certainty whether this represents a fluctuation or whether it is a decrease which will eventually lead to a reversal.
Some scientists theorize that some, if not all of the mass extinctions that have wiped out thousands of species of life on Earth might be correlated with magnetic reversals
(1998)

What causes the periodic reversals of the earth's magnetic field?
Have there been any successful attempts to model the phenomenon?
In addition, the computer model has produced three spontaneous reversals of the geomagnetic field during the 300,000-year simulation. So now, for the first time, we have three-dimensional, time-dependent simulated information about how magnetic reversals can occur
(1999)

Satellites Spy Changes to Earth's Magnetic FieldThough the process can take nearly 5,000 years, the earth's magnetic field periodically reverses. According to a report published today in Nature, scientists may have detected the beginning of the field's next such reversal.
He cautions in a commentary accompanying the report that it remains too early to tell if the planet is in the early stage of a polarity reversal. "But the rapidly evolving reversed-flux patches suggest that an attempt at reversal may be under way,"
(2002)

Headed South?
Earth's fading field could mean a magnetic flip soon
(2003)

Hot Spots Unplugged
Long considered fixed founts of molten material from deep within the planet, hot spots now join the list of moving parts.
Implications include textbook rewrites, as well as new views on paleo­climate records and the stability of the entire earth on its spin axis
(2007)

Are the Earth's magnetic poles moving?
How do navigators adjust to this change?

The magnetic poles are far more restless. They move under the influence of the dynamo currents in the Earth's core, as well as electric currents flowing in the ionosphere, the radiation belts and the Earth's magnetosphere.
(2007)

Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says
"What is so surprising is that rapid, almost sudden, changes take place in the Earth's magnetic field," said study co-author Nils Olsen, a geophysicist at the Danish National Space Center in Copenhagen.
(2008)
[link to news.nationalgeographic.com]

Cluster watches Earth's leaky atmosphere
They discovered that the oxygen ions were being accelerated by changes in the direction of the magnetic field.
(2008)

The earth's magnetic field impacts climate: Danish study
The earth's climate has been significantly affected by the planet's magnetic field, according to a Danish study published Monday that could challenge the notion that human emissions are responsible for global warming:
(2009)
[link to www.terradaily.com]

Russians order Flight Changes, after Massive Magnetic Shift downs Airliners
The reason for this unprecedented warning, these reports state, are the rapid formations of “geomagnetic storms” emanating from the boundaries of the African Tectonic Plate that due to their intensity have caused the loss of two major passenger aircraft during the past month leaving nearly 300 men, women and children dead.
To the catastrophic events occurring within the African Tectonic Plate it has been known for over a year with the reporting of a “new ocean” forming in Ethiopia, and as we can read as reported by Nature News Service:
(2009)
[link to macedoniaonline.eu]

Why is the north magnetic pole racing toward Siberia?
But the NMP(North Magnetic Pole) drifts from year to year as geophysical processes within Earth change. For more than 150 years after Ross's measurement its movement was gradual, generally less than 15 kilometers per year. But then, in the 1990s, it picked up speed in a big way, bolting north–northwest into the Arctic Ocean at more than 55 kilometers per year
(2010)

Global Eruption Rocks the Sun
It was so big, it may have shattered old ideas about solar activity
(2010)

Terrifying scientific discovery:
Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

(2010)
[link to www.projectworldawareness.com]
GLP thread on the subject
Thread: Terrifying scientific discovery: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

Shift of Earth's magnetic north pole affects Tampa airport
Scientists say the magnetic north pole is moving toward Russia and the fallout has reached -- of all places -- Tampa International Airport
(2011)
[link to www2.tbo.com]

what do you think about all this?
Have we now started into the later stages of a polar reversal?

If you have any info that I have not listed, please post and I will update this as we have more information

bookmarked
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1116127
United Kingdom
01/07/2011 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
your a certified doomologist

haha I think I just might take that title
banana2

glad you did, good doom is rare to come by these days(Well no dooms good but at least you backed it up with linkz unlike the other crappy doom threads that get pinned every day)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 476073
United States
01/07/2011 09:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
So if Siberia is the new magnetic north pole, how would that affect climate in the US?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1168223
United States
01/07/2011 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
I always assumed that the magnetic poles were located exactly on the axis. So if the north magnetic pole is moving, is the south also moving? They need to have a map that plots the location of the magnetic poles each year for say, the past 20 years or more.
Xenus 

User ID: 1066790
Australia
01/07/2011 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Earth changes could very well be related to our solar system passing through the intergalactic plane,

Except that we're not passing through the intergalactic plane and are in fact headed up and away from it, currently somewhere ~15-20 parsecs above it, having already passed through it fairly recently in cosmic terms (about 3 million years ago).
[link to articles.adsabs.harvard.edu]
(Also read "The present, past and future velocity of nearby stars - The path of the sun in 10 to the 8th years," by Frank Bash)
 Quoting: Astronut

Nothing to do with the plane... it's the intergalactic cloud, our solar environment is changing, so logically is our terrestrial environment changing.

Nothing happens without a cause, and this is what is causing it;

NASA Study Suggests Giant Space Clouds Iced Earth

Eons ago, giant clouds in space may have led to global extinctions, according to two recent technical papers supported by NASA's Astrobiology Institute.

One paper outlines a rare scenario in which Earth iced over during snowball glaciations, after the solar system passed through dense space clouds. In a more likely scenario, less dense giant molecular clouds may have enabled charged particles to enter Earth's atmosphere, leading to destruction of much of the planet's protective ozone layer. This resulted in global extinctions, according to the second paper. Both recently appeared in the Geophysical Research Letters.

*snip*

The research outlined a scenario that begins as Earth passes through a moderately dense space cloud that cannot compress the outer edge of the sun's heliosphere into a region within the Earth's orbit. The heliosphere is the expanse that begins at the sun's surface and usually reaches far past the orbits of the planets. Because it remains beyond Earth's orbit, the heliosphere continues to deflect dust particles away from the planet.

However, because of the large flow of hydrogen from space clouds into the sun's heliosphere, the sun greatly increases its production of electrically charged cosmic rays from the hydrogen particles. This also increases the flow of cosmic rays towards Earth. Normally, Earth's magnetic field and ozone layer protect life from cosmic rays and the sun's dangerous ultraviolet radiation.

Moderately dense space clouds are huge, and the solar system could take as long as 500,000 years to cross one of them. Once in such a cloud, the Earth would be expected to undergo at least one magnetic reversal. During a reversal, electrically charged cosmic rays can enter Earth's atmosphere instead of being deflected by the planet's magnetic field.

[link to www.nasa.gov]

December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec.

More in my interstellar cloud thread here; Thread: Dense interstellar space clouds (like the one we're entering) and you, what will happen? Can cause magnetic reversal.
 Quoting: Xenus 
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1203608
United States
01/07/2011 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Has anyone here been taking any psychedelic drugs (including marijuana) lately? This is a serious question, and one which I ask because of the possibility that the mind-expanding effects may provide some with insight regarding the Earth changes that we are experiencing. Also, I'm wondering if anyone under the influence can actually sense the changes that are occurring.

peace
 Quoting: Hmmm 1193937

WTF lol. Since 1965 Baby~~~!!!
Enaid

User ID: 1180129
United States
01/07/2011 10:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you.
Personal responsibility - try it sometime. Quit blaming others for your bad choices. Consequences happen.

:enaid11:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1135456
United States
01/07/2011 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is all

bsflag

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Poles....

They do the job in half the time, for half the wage......
 Quoting: Clever Trevor

1rof1
AstronutModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 634208
United States
01/07/2011 10:32 AM

Report Abusive Post
Nothing to do with the plane... it's the intergalactic cloud, our solar environment is changing, so logically is our terrestrial environment changing.

Changing horses, Athena specifically claimed it was the galactic plane. And for the love of pete, learn the difference between intergalactic and interstellar.
Nothing happens without a cause, and this is what is causing it;

NASA Study Suggests Giant Space Clouds Iced Earth

Actually the study never even suggests that an interstellar space cloud could cause a magnetic pole reversal, only that one would be expected to occur sometime within the 500,000 year time frame it would take our solar system to cross through it.
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1135456
United States
01/07/2011 10:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Weltsmertz

User ID: 1201032
United States
01/07/2011 10:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
wOWSERS! Great work, thanks for your time and effort to put all that in one place. It will certainly be interesting to see what happens. I know I am being well entertained by the numerous idiotic reasons for the bird deaths the governments are providing us!
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche

if I did not feel so sad as I look at them. Sad because they do not know the truth and I do know it. Oh, how hard it is to be the only one who knows the truth! But they won't understand that. No, they won't understand it."
--from The Dream of a Ridiculous Man (1877)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1220875
United States
01/07/2011 10:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
MAJOR FUCKING RINGING IN MY EARS FOR THREE FUCKING DAYS NOW!

wtf

spock
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1218292

i had a ringing in my ears for about 3 hours solid last evening, didnt pay much attention to it, until reading on several different threads of people experiencing the same thing, im in the chicagoland area, any geographical connections that anyone has noticed?
Clever Trevor

User ID: 1220878
United Kingdom
01/07/2011 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
For anybody who is suffering from any of the following symptoms....

Headache, nausea, buzzing or ringing in the ears, vertigo, or any other unusual or unexplained ailments...

I recommend the following....
Lock the kids in the kitchen cupboard, draw the curtains, and make one of these...

[link to www.youtube.com]

The hat is also known to reduce the effects of paranoia and impending doomage.... rockon

Last Edited by Clever Trevor on 01/07/2011 10:45 AM
Surrender your spacebar, or we will destroy your front side bus....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1220875
United States
01/07/2011 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
oh yeah, forgot to add, strange smell in the air... kinda smells like burnt optimism. but maybe it's just some DOOM brewin.
Tols

User ID: 376580
United States
01/07/2011 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Great stuff OP thank you for the reading material :)
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy"- James Madison

"Joining the military does not mean that you will be defending the country. The purpose of the U.S. military should be to defend the United States. Period. Yet, one of the greatest myths ever invented is that the current U.S. military somehow defends our freedoms. First of all, our freedoms are not in danger of being taken away by foreign countries; if they are taken away it will be by our own government. It is not a country making war on us that we need to fear, it is our government making war on the Bill of Rights. And second, how is stationing troops in 150 different regions of the world on hundreds of U.S. military bases defending our freedoms? It is not the purpose of the U.S. military to change regimes, secure the borders of other countries, or spread democracy at gunpoint. The Department of Defense should first and foremost be the Department of Homeland Security."--Laurence Vance--
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 865798
United States
01/07/2011 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
NiNrez, excellent post! Personal pin for later review...
:5 star:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1123472
Italy
01/07/2011 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
bsmeter2

The magnetic field shifts every year for a few yards. Why would the earth suddenly flip over when the magnetic north hits the south pole?! Sorry, no doom!!

GLP