Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,037 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 243,279
Pageviews Today: 373,694Threads Today: 144Posts Today: 2,020
04:14 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

How to STOCKPILE FOOD for those that cannot afford to do so....And for FREE!

KimmieAnnaJones
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1081511
United States
01/09/2011 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
How to STOCKPILE FOOD for those that cannot afford to do so....And for FREE!
As you can tell, grocery prices and starting to go through

the roof! A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine introduced

me to using coupons while items are on sale.

I have never used coupons because I always thought that if

you bought more than one item, let say a box of cereal, I

thought that you could only use one coupon. The truth is that

you can use a coupon for EVERY item you purchase!

She gave me a list of websites to visit that matched coupons

to current sales. Come to find out when you do this, you can

get A LOT of items for FREE! I cannot tell you how amazed I

was after learning this! For instance, yesterday I made a trip

to my local Harris Teeter which is having a super doubles

coupon sale. This means they will double coupons up to $1.98

in value. This means if you have a coupon for $1.00 off, it

doubles to $2.00 off. If you have a coupon that is $1.50

off, well then it is $3.00 off! I purchased about $220.00

worth of groceries for $42.00 with most of that being tax.

Some of the sites to visit if you are interested:

[link to www.afullcup.com]

[link to www.weusecoupons.com]

[link to www.wral.com]

For FREE printable coupons:

Coupons.com
[link to www.coupons.com]
Print out Internet coupons for your favorite products!

Smartsource.com
[link to www.smartsource.com]
Print out more Internet coupons for your favorite products.

RedPlum.com
[link to www.redplum.com]
Print out Internet coupons for your favorite products!

Pillsbury.com
[link to www.Pillsbury.com]

BettyCrocker.com
[link to www.BettyCrocker.com]

MamboSprouts.com
[link to www.mambosprouts.com]
Good place to find coupons for organic products

EatBetterAmerica.com
[link to www.eatbetteramerica.com]

Stoneyfield Farms Organic Coupons
[link to www.stonyfield.com]

EnjoyLifeFoods.com
[link to enjoylifefoods.com]

Hope this helps someone out! hf

How Long Does Stored Food Last?

Meat and Poultry - Uncooked

* Chicken and turkey - Nine months
* Steaks, beef - Six to 12 months
* Chops, pork - Four to six months
* Chops, lamb - Six to nine months
* Roasts, beef - Six to 12 months
* Roasts, lamb - Six to nine months
* Roasts, pork and veal - Four to six months
* Stew Meats - Three to four months
* Ground meats - Three to four months
* Organ meats - Three to four months

Dairy Products

* Butter/margarine - Six to nine months
* Cheese, soft and spreads, dips - One month
* Cheese, hard or semi-hard - Six months
* Eggs in shell- Do not freeze
* Ice cream - One month
* Milk / Cream - Three weeks

Dried Food Items - Shelf Life

* Baking powder/soda - 18 months
* Bread Crumbs - Six months
* Cereals - Six months
* Coffee creamer, dry - Six months
* Flour/cake mixes - One year
* Gelatin/pudding mixes - One year
* Herbs/spices - Six to 12 months
* Milk, nonfat dry - Six months
* Pancake/pie crust mixes - Six months
* Pasta/noodles - Two years
* Potatoes, instant - 18 months
* Rice, white - Two years
* Sugar, granulated - Two years
* Sugar, brown, confectioners'- Four months

Fruits & Vegetables

Commercially frozen fruits will last up to a year in your freezer. Commercially frozen vegetables have a life-span of only eight months. Another option for storing these items for long periods is canning them. If you plan to buy these items in bulk, on a regular basis, it would be a good investment to consider purchasing a canning machine to insure the food is kept air-tight.
Beans

Dried beans kept free from moisture can last for several years. This is an excellent way to stretch your money, plus beans are full of protein for healthy eating.

Drinks

Most juices that you buy, such as apple juice, can last 3-5 years un-opened. If you are unsure of how long your juice will last, contact the manufacturer consumer phone number.

Optional Items

* Chocolate - unsweetened 18 months
* Coffee, vacuum pack - One year
* Milk, canned - One year
* Molasses - Two years
* Nuts - Eight months
* Oils/salad dressings - Three months
* Peanut butter (unopened) - Six months
* Sauces, condiments, relishes (unopened) - One year
* Shortening - Eight months
* Syrups - One year
* Tea - 18 months

The important thing to remember when buying in bulk, is that a deal is only a good deal if you actually use the products that you purchase.

Last Edited by KimmieAnnaJones on 01/09/2011 11:44 AM
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." - I AM

Vote for people that have a track record for loving your Constitution or lose your country forever!!!

Put down the damn touchy feely koolaid and WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!

:militia:
KimmieAnnaJones  (OP)

United States
01/09/2011 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: How to STOCKPILE FOOD for those that cannot afford to do so....And for FREE!

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." - I AM

Vote for people that have a track record for loving your Constitution or lose your country forever!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1223504
United Kingdom
01/09/2011 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: How to STOCKPILE FOOD for those that cannot afford to do so....And for FREE!
bump
KimmieAnnaJones  (OP)

United States
01/09/2011 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

KimmieAnnaJones  (OP)

United States
01/09/2011 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, I guess everyone here can afford inflation. hf

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 739211
Canada
01/09/2011 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
If someone cannot purchase generic store brands stocking they got problems
KimmieAnnaJones  (OP)

United States
01/09/2011 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 739211

Why do that when you can get name brand items for free?

Angelwarn
User ID: 1004282
United States
01/09/2011 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
THANK YOU! bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 668442
United States
01/09/2011 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Actually THIS should be pinned becasue it can actually help people.

Thanks for posting-this is going into my favorites once I log in.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1088357
United States
01/09/2011 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: KimmieAnnaJones

No, Kimmie, it's just that most coupon offers are for food that isn't fit to eat. I.E. "Prepared food" from China like crackers, cookies, condiments, etc.

Very seldom do you see a good hardcore offer for REAL food in usable quantities like "Organic (anything), 4 cans for $1.99, no limit"

It costs more in gas to chase the prepared food coupons, than to just buy the stuff at Sam's and Costco for a regular-sized family. (one can per coupon doesn't cut it!)
Zarquon51

User ID: 1223485
United Kingdom
01/09/2011 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here in Dorset,England. Just up the road is the supermarket "icelands" every night their skip is jam packed full of all sorts of food that is perfectly edible.. I never have to buy milk,salt,sugar,cakes,bananas.....You name it.Nothing wrong with any of it. Just go and help myself. So what if people look down on me for doing so.Done it for years and never had any bad from doing so. Another good tip.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1209397
United States
01/09/2011 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Where I live most of the stores have eliminated double couponing. I rely heavily on store sales, store brands. store coupons and seem to be doing ok. I just purchased 2 lbs. of store brand (Kroger) coffee and paid $5.99. It works for us.
KimmieAnnaJones  (OP)

United States
01/09/2011 11:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

No, Kimmie, it's just that most coupon offers are for food that isn't fit to eat. I.E. "Prepared food" from China like crackers, cookies, condiments, etc.

Very seldom do you see a good hardcore offer for REAL food in usable quantities like "Organic (anything), 4 cans for $1.99, no limit"

It costs more in gas to chase the prepared food coupons, than to just buy the stuff at Sam's and Costco for a regular-sized family. (one can per coupon doesn't cut it!)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1088357

This is true to a lot of items in coupon inserts. However, you can get a lot of great deals on organic products as well! For instance, Kroger grocery store has Organic Knudsen Simply Nutritious juices on sale BOGO for $3.99. There is a $.50 off that doubles to $1.00 off coupon printable from their website [link to www.rwknudsenfamily.com]
So this means you get 2 jars of juice for $2.99 or if you can somehow get a friend to print you a second one, you can use 2x$1.00 off which is $1.99 for 2 jars of juice, so you then pay $.99 for juice that is normally $3.99.

KimmieAnnaJones  (OP)

United States
01/09/2011 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Where I live most of the stores have eliminated double couponing. I rely heavily on store sales, store brands. store coupons and seem to be doing ok. I just purchased 2 lbs. of store brand (Kroger) coffee and paid $5.99. It works for us.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1209397

Wow, your Kroger does not double coupons? Sorry :(

germanbini

User ID: 1200354
United States
01/09/2011 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here in Dorset,England. Just up the road is the supermarket "icelands" every night their skip is jam packed full of all sorts of food that is perfectly edible.. I never have to buy milk,salt,sugar,cakes,bananas.....You name it.Nothing wrong with any of it. Just go and help myself. So what if people look down on me for doing so.Done it for years and never had any bad from doing so. Another good tip.
 Quoting: Zarquon51

This is a great idea, and many folks do "Dumpster Diving" in the USA, but there are also lots of places here now that actually lock their dumpsters at night to prevent this sort of thing. Apparently they are concerned about people being hurt on their property, or getting sick from possibly spoiled food, and then suing them for that. It's an incredible waste of food - it usually isn't even donated to homeless or shelters because of lawsuit concerns.
Life is a comedy to those who think, and a tragedy to those who feel. - Horace Walpole
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1209397
United States
01/09/2011 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP: Nope, Kroger does not double. They used to and then they said they lowered prices and wouldn't be doing it any more. The only grocery store in my city that still doubles coupons is Safeway and they only allow 4 coupons and a value of 50c max to be doubled per coupon.
LA-LA-LA

User ID: 1190839
United States
01/09/2011 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
how much time does it take to find and clip coupons?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 500362
United States
01/09/2011 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
When they have coupons for fresh veggies, meats, fruit and eggs call me. Until then, i have no use for your processed, grain based crap.
KimmieAnnaJones  (OP)

United States
01/09/2011 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP: Nope, Kroger does not double. They used to and then they said they lowered prices and wouldn't be doing it any more. The only grocery store in my city that still doubles coupons is Safeway and they only allow 4 coupons and a value of 50c max to be doubled per coupon.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1209397

I live in NC and all of our Kroger store doubles unlimited coupons up to .50 in value. I do think they limit printable coupons to 4 per manufacture though. Maybe I should have kept my secret to myself hf Hope they don't stop here!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1150617
United States
01/09/2011 11:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Carol B.

User ID: 1157485
United States
01/09/2011 11:27 AM

Report Abusive Post
Thank you OP for posting this much informative info.... hf
Prayer.....the world's first wireless connection.
KimmieAnnaJones  (OP)

United States
01/09/2011 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
When they have coupons for fresh veggies, meats, fruit and eggs call me. Until then, i have no use for your processed, grain based crap.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 500362

That is why I offered this post to those that are interested.

I grow my own veggies and some fruit. This spring hubby and I

are going to get 5 chickens. Not all people that use coupons

buy crap, thanks. The more money you can save on boxed stuff,

non perishables and such, the more money you have to spend on

good organic veggies. I thought that was common sense to most,

obviously I put too much faith in people. Just don't come

knocking on my door when something happens and you have no

food my friend. afro

Poof

User ID: 1197377
United States
01/09/2011 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bump for good info.

You can usually find coupons on Monday mornings at recycling centers. I usually buy mine off the internet though. I don't use many, but when I do they are goooood. Scored 50 cans of albacore tuna 1.00 off of .94 each once.
aVian

User ID: 805698
United States
01/09/2011 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
this is valuable information

stocking up when sales occur is extremely wise

thumbs
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
- Frédéric Bastiat

food, water, ammo, weapons, battery back up solar, hand well pump, wood stove and 1 year of food...oh yeah PM's too...good luck
KimmieAnnaJones  (OP)

United States
01/09/2011 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bump for good info.

You can usually find coupons on Monday mornings at recycling centers. I usually buy mine off the internet though. I don't use many, but when I do they are goooood. Scored 50 cans of albacore tuna 1.00 off of .94 each once.
 Quoting: Poof

Good job!

Nightshade

User ID: 599165
United Kingdom
01/09/2011 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
I find that on weekdays when a supermarket is closing at 10pm, they reduce all the fresh produce at about 7pm. Anything that was already reduced they reduce right down to pennies.

My friends and family call me yellow sticker woman! The thing is that if 4 chicken breasts are reduced to 99p I will buy £10 worth and put them in the freezer.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/09/2011 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
gee I dont know a brand name cardboard box that already has bug eggs. no thanks.
brand names are cursed with bug eggs even transferred.

I'll stick with bagged generic rice and beans = no bug eggs

Why do that when you can get name brand items for free?
 Quoting: KimmieAnnaJones
themfgl

User ID: 1202669
United States
01/09/2011 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was at the market this morning. Not 1 single roast beef, or pork for less then 10$ no meat on sale at all. Potatoes almost a buck a pound, Cheapest whole wheat bread (not enriched and with real sugar was 4.50.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1194106
United States
01/09/2011 11:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
had similar results as you when i lived in arizona, they had a highly copetative grocery market out there and i also would get free food, exactly how you described 50 bucks for 200 dollars in grocerys and such
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/09/2011 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
food should all be freer than a store.
a pot of chives has all vitamins.
this is valuable information

stocking up when sales occur is extremely wise

thumbs
 Quoting: aVian
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1194106
United States
01/09/2011 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
I find that on weekdays when a supermarket is closing at 10pm, they reduce all the fresh produce at about 7pm. Anything that was already reduced they reduce right down to pennies.

My friends and family call me yellow sticker woman! The thing is that if 4 chicken breasts are reduced to 99p I will buy £10 worth and put them in the freezer.
 Quoting: Nightshade

i see your in the uk, i am in california and they have opened a chain called fresh and easy that is owned by tesco
i think that is a uk company, anyway they mark down produce bakery and deli items everyday around 2 pm and i got some really good deli sandwiches that were 4 bux for a dollar and some 4 dollar cupcakes for 50 cents and lots of other things too

GLP