Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Throat Singing

SDA  (OP)

12/08/2005 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Throat Singing
Shadow dancer hello. Does makinf noises in ones throat hurt the muscles? Heh wait a minute, isn´t throat singing humming? rolleyes
All choices have consequences, choose wisely, CHOOSE WISELY.
ShadowDancer  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
Humming is a form of throat singing. However, there are several different styles, like India, Inuit(arctic), germanic, etc. Most professional singers are mainline and sing with their diaphragms, not their throats.

One ethnomusicologist is Mickey Hart-of Grateful Dead fame. He gathered several Tibetan Monks together for a few albums. The Gyuto Monks are well known in this style of singing. Singing in two octaves simultaneously-it is very difficult. The history of throatsinging is much more understood in other parts of the world.

If one takes the time to research the info out there and apply some of what one learns-transformation is enhanced. Whether it is achieving theta mind state for longer periods, enhancing many things like creativity or a mediatative state more consistently.

The entrainment of the earth with humans is understood by those into the physics of it. The Earths Schumanns frequency is increasing and mankind for whatever reason is AWAKENING. I for one would like to utilize all the tools at my disposal, and believe many will benefit from these truths. Blessings rose

flower
Tempis Fugitive  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
ShadowDancer

Ever hear of Yat Kha. Mongolian throat singing along with a good beat and badass electric guitar!
ShadowDancer  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
I was just listening to alittle of their stuff earlier.

Have you ever listened to Yothu Yindi, aboriginal band? I like the didgeridoo since it is so resonant and I use sound in healing work. I hope to get a few in the near future.

band flower
Tempis Fugitive  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
Love the Didgeridoo ....a little hard to learn but great fun!
Legit AC  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
resonance

i am a professionalsinger... and i can tell you for a fact...

i can be great but not be resonant... the nights when i am really resonant the crowd goes crazy... like they have taken a drug..... it is deffinately true... i would imagine that if that power was somehow harnessed, it would be very powerful
Tempis Fugitive  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
Traveler ...you dirty boy!
Yellow Cosmic Star  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
SD, thanks for the thread and your musings re: resonance....

Below is a link to wonderful video about a blind blues singer who goes to Tibet to throat-sing in a competition. It is called Ghengis Blues and is a kewl documentary:

[link to www.genghisblues.com]

I found it at my local library and then checked out the website.

I recommend the video highly!

Blessings,
YCS
Melody  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
When I was a kid I went into a neighbour´s house and picked up a didgeridoo and sat down with it and just played it. Such were the white Aussies of the 1960s that both my parents looked at each other and said it must be a genetic talent I inherited from the OTHER side. LOL! Couldn´t play a didgeridoo now to save my life. When we are children we definitely seem to be in touch with something ´more´. At least I can be proud that I managed to play such a wonderful thing if only the one time!
ShadowDancer  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
YCS, yes I also reccommend Ghenghis Blues!

Hypnotists use cadence and rhythm to induce a highly suggestible state or trance. One does not need to relinquish control to use hypnotic techniques. One can be very aware in a mediatative state, conducive to enhancing ones abilities.

Trav, I suppose one could use the techniques for some ´illicit´ reasons. pennywise

I refuse to change the title!

It is my birthday today and it is my party
birthday

chorus

So deal with your frustration Trav...

flower
Yellow Cosmic Star  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
birthday

luv

chorus
dude h homeslice ix  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
i love that stuff, i used to have the smithsonian folkways "tuva: voices from the ehart of asia."

im kind of a world beat geek, at least sometimes...

also like huayno andean music...
Grace  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
birthday

stoner

chorus

good post
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
I love gettting hummers!
molesworth  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
I saw Yat Kha in concert last year - they´re totally amazing live!

If you get the chance, go and see Huun Huur Tu as well, or listen to some of their CDs. They really give you the feeling of being out on the steppe with the wind in your face :-)

Tuva´s on my list of holidays I´ll take eventually.
mirer  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
interesting thread :)
Black Jack  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
>It is called Ghengis Blues and is a kewl documentary

Agreed. headbang
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
starter course

hum a tune

now at the same time, add another hum

now, put a third hum on there and manipulate each interdependently

get ready to watch your head start to go away when you get there

it´s cosmic

the greats are just that
mirer  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
I´ve been curious about this for a few years, and am of the opinion that sounds can affect things/us...

physics has to start leaning to sound soon
you see molecules moving around very busily in pieces of solid matter
they have a frequency (i think)

wondering if we can find a way to disarm weapons with sounds like the walls of jericho falling down when the trumpets sounded

if you could hone in to the tone of say, nuclear material, the silent song its molecules dance to,,,

could you not make a tone to cancel its dance out?
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
The physics of sound are much more understood than most realize. Even in medical uses that are
common like using specialized ultrasound to break up kidney stones and such. Likewise, dolphins, killer whales use sonar to locate food and use the destructive aspect. Sonar to kill, used by certain sea creatures and using sonar in war(subs).
I am familiar with medical applications up to an MRI and the principles of resonance. All cells have charges and all cells have specific traits of resonance(spin) that can be manipulated with the frequencies we apply for all kinds of things.

In fMRI we can manipulate those cells to help form our images. We can decipher function. We can administer treatments via ´tags´ and so on. These are newer applications. Likewise, all cells having frequency are susceptible to it. It can be used for various ends. Of course, too much prevention causes anxiety for most docs-bread and butter...
There was a man years ago, now deceased named Royal Rife and he created a frequency generator that he used to ´kill´ different viruses or say cancer. He was hailed as a great inventor and many docs honored him as having created a machine that could attack cells on a basic level. Well, of course, the AMA and several scientific journals decided to blacklist him. Again, back to bread and butter. I believe his device is quite useful and could lead to great success. I do NOT believe he had the end of ALL disease but his invention is available-and I want one.

Tuning forks are used to tune a piano-likewise the celss in your body will key to their specific frequency when the sound resonates through the organ. The heart and the ear entrain to one another and this is being examined more. There is much more to this that is already available and even more greater things that will soon be understood.

Even colors are on a specific frequency-hmmmm

Thx for all the great comments.

Have a great Halloween and don´t get too crazy.

wave
ShadowDancer  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
The SYSTEM logged me out-I was the wordy AC

wasntme

charlie
music lover  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
I just went to Borders and I was surprised there was not alot of ´world´ music-whats up with that. A million cappucinos and 15 tortes and this is the best they can do.
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
Please look into Royal Rife´s work to see some very interesting applications that can evolutionize medicine now...
Goy, Uncut  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
Last week i saw the Tuvan thoat singers with a man from Altai. They played with a Brit Didj master. They are called "Karashay". It was amazing. The venue was the club Kilimanjaro in Bisbee AZ, which originally was an old Odd Fellows Temple. The cover was only $10. Words cannot give an adequate review.
Goy, Uncut  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
Back to he top.
ShadowDancer  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
There are so many different kinds of throat singers-still learning.
Unfortunately, most people do not seem to know about Rife. There are alot of scientific works that support harmonics in the treatment of the dis-ease process.

Even in traditional chinese medicine and ayurvedic treatments sound plays an important role.

The AMA and even the FDA have a history of obstructing treatments that have validity in the interests of the almighty dollar. It is time that the sanctity of life is above ones greed.

Rife info
[link to www.rife.org]

flower
curious  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
does it damage the throat?
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
well said shadowdancer

curious, no it doesn´t unless you were to scream like crazy like at a football game or an election, hahaha

It takes a considerable amount of time to be able to get the basics, so by the time you have the ability, you have the required fortitude in the larynx and associated musculature and control techniques

It is very exhausting
-------

Description of the Larynx

The larynx, or voice box, is an organ in the neck that plays a crucial role in speech and breathing. The larynx is the point at which the aerodigestive tract splits into two separate pathways: the inspired air travels through the trachea, or windpipe, into the lungs, and the food enters the esophagus and passes into the stomach.
Because of its location, the larynx has three important functions:

control of the airflow during breathing

protection of the airway

production of sound for speech.

The framework of the larynx is made up of the thyroid cartilage. The anterior portion of the thyroid cartilage can be easily felt in thin necks as the "Adam´s apple".
ShadowDancer  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
Thank you AC255. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.
flower
Music Says  (OP)

Report Abusive Post
Cassini discovers music of the rings

New Scientist

November 12, 2004

Saturn´s magnificent ring system - a huge disc resembling an old gramophone record - turns out to share another property with the LP: it constantly emits a melodic series of musical notes.

The surprising discovery was made by radio and plasma wave detectors on board the Cassini spacecraft as it passed over Saturn´s rings during its arrival at the planet in July.

The tones are emitted as radio waves. Don Gurnett of the University of Iowa says his team reduced their frequencies by a factor of five to bring them into the range of human hearing. Gurnett says he was “completely astonished" when he heard the musical notes.

The tones are short, typically lasting between one and three seconds, and unlike the ethereal sliding tones associated with other cosmic processes, every one is quite distinct. The evidence suggests that each tone is produced by the impact of a meteoroid on the icy chunks that make up the rings.

Each hit, Gurnett says, creates a pulse of energy that is focused along the surface of a cone from the point of impact. By estimating the energy involved, he calculates that the impacting objects are about 1 centimetre across - although he cautions that his estimate could be out by as much as a factor of 10.

The findings were reported on Monday at the annual meeting of the American Astronomical Society´s Division of Planetary Sciences.

Noisy collisions

Planetary scientists have assumed that meteoroids constantly collide with Saturn’s rings, says Cassini imaging team leader Carolyn Porco, and that process has been suggested as a possible cause of the shifting, spoke-like formations seen in the rings by Voyager 2. But nobody thought it would be possible to detect the impacts so directly.

Cassini´s close-up observations have produced a wealth of new information about Saturn´s ring system, including complex details in the shapes and spacing of bands that have already revealed signs of three new moons - in addition to the three other moons Cassini had already discovered further out.

The craft´s discovery of one of the new moons, and a thin ring near the so-called F-ring, were reported by the International Astronomical Union on Monday.

An ultraviolet spectrometer is also yielding information about variations in the rings´ composition, reported Larry Esposito of the University of Colorado. The outer rings are mostly water ice, while the inner A and B rings are far richer in other elements, suggesting a kind of dirty ice.

Finer variations are seen over distances of just a few kilometres. These are so sharp and clear that they suggest the rings are even more dynamic and unstable than had been thought. If the rings had been in their present configuration for more than about 10 million years, their composition would have been thoroughly mixed and would now be uniform, according to dynamical models.

The persistence of the distinct zones suggests that they are variations produced by the break-up of one or more moonlets in the ring region within the past 10 to 100 million

years, Esposito says. This rate of change in the rings is about 10 times as rapid as that inferred from their physical features.

GLP