Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,935 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 918,205
Pageviews Today: 1,806,393Threads Today: 749Posts Today: 15,562
08:05 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Popul Vuh....Mayan or Hebrew Exodus (Red Sea crossing included)?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1142337
United States
01/16/2011 08:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Popul Vuh....Mayan or Hebrew Exodus (Red Sea crossing included)?
interesting stuff. The word "sacs" meaning Isaac, as it relates to SACsayhuaman Peru, for instance. Also the Saxons were Isaac sons, with egyptian looking regalia.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1085245
United States
01/16/2011 08:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
The red sea crossing

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1230875

THAT was never the case, but a bad misunderstanding of what was written. The Hebrews crossed the REED Sea.

Everything else you posted is AS BAD or worse, misunderstandings and sheer stupidity!

AND, in some cases, outright LIES!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1232612
Brazil
01/16/2011 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is a book not available in libraries or bookstores any more but I got it and written by David Allen Deal. It's something I think is valid due to my own research about Hebrew. In Brazil if you get Berlitz's book called "As Línguas do Mundo" (page 86) admits the so-called Hebrew was an adaptation created by Ehud Benyehuda (1858-1922). If you keep digging you'll end up knowing a lot more. The so-called Hebrew is merely Aramaic Babylon language and the sound is something modern based upon Askenazi and Sepharadit and Iidiche which was a MEDIEVAL GERMAN. That's why whether you pick a book written in Portuguese or English readers don't have a clue why the feast called Hanukah sometimes is changed into Chanukah.

Ora,ora. In English we know CH does have the sound as K as in cherubim, chemistry, school, the sound of CH as in cheese, check, achieve and the authors also write the H as in hat, head, hot? Therefore the ignorant reader would have to guess why on purpose the Jews choose these? The reason I tell you know is this: that wasn't Hebrew but German CH... equivalent to Portuguese RR (as in "empuRRar"), Spanish J, Russian and Greek X.

I'm gonna show you the progression of the alpabeth hides a lot of deception....

Também aprendi muita coisa em outros países e judeus da sinagoga de Argentina e Peru ficaram bravos porque não desejavam que eu soubesse o que agora sei....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1232215
United States
01/16/2011 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
next time throw the jesuit to the sharks.
problem solved.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/16/2011 08:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
the jesuits weren't spreading real christianity. like they did
to japan, the jesuts spread their roman mary worship.

couple of rare books
[link to www.reformation.org]
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/16/2011 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
The red sea crossing

THAT was never the case, but a bad misunderstanding of what was written. The Hebrews crossed the REED Sea.

Everything else you posted is AS BAD or worse, misunderstandings and sheer stupidity!

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1085245

If you care to READ the links you'll see the so-called explanation of REEDS and RED is a mistake that doesn't fit on Hebrew account no matter how interesting sounds in English James King version or others. About 2.000 thousands years ago the name was also written in GREEK and the name was Red Sea indeed. In Greek Acts 7:36 & Hebrews 11:29 refer to the ocean indeed and uses the word erythrá thá.la.sa.
Red indeed for several reasons.

The red sea crossing was indeed from west to east as described in this book and the guy explains the so-called "yam suph" and "sooph" misunderstanding of the name Red Sea because in Hebrew the name was MARA refering to Bitter Lake and not the explanation you probably heard watching the documentary made by James Cameron, Avatar director. Cameron was critized due to his inventions.
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/16/2011 08:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
The sea was crossed on foot, was very shallow, extreme northern 5 miles of the Gulf of Suez known anciently as the Suph Sea, a part of the greater Red Sea (not the modern "Sea of Reeds" a name applied to the ancient "MARA" or "bitter lakes" north of Etham) as is popularly supposed, an invalid, skeptical attempt to discredit the story by moving it to less "miraculous" marsh location. This idea is based upon English words which doesn't work in Hebrew. The ancient name was "mara" not sooph.
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/16/2011 08:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
There are several reasons for the name "red" including the corals, algie, reflection on the waters because of Jordania mountains and even Velikovsky's disasters in the past.
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/16/2011 08:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
the jesuits weren't spreading real christianity. like they did
to japan, the jesuts spread their roman mary worship.

couple of rare books
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1232215

But, as I said, even Jesuits were suprised about these Mayan stories and they didn't know certain specific data which was not detailed in the Bible. Marine geologists have investigated this event and said the gravitary wave would've drown Egyptians in seconds. There are areas with underwater bridges until now but we need to remember Moses spent 40 years in the desert with Arabs (his wife was Arabian woman) and knew the place pretty well. The text is explicit talking about the WIND which is something marine geologists have investigated. It probably didn't look as miraculous as Cecil B De Mille films (the black and white silent film used JELLY and glicerine and the color version created a huge artificial waterfall and they used mirrors and inverted the image).
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/16/2011 08:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I used to think the path was near Nuwebia as we see in this image:
[link to fotolog.terra.com]
Yet, now I know I was wrong. But anyway it gives us an idea what could’ve happened because the perception of two walls of water depends on geological formations and specific angles.
Para meu amigo do Brasil:
[link to fotolog.terra.com]
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/16/2011 08:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Did I mention I smoked narguilé -which gave a hell of a headache- relaxing upon Arabian carpets at the Red Sea shore and dromedars behind, palm trees giving me shelter with their shadows?
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/16/2011 08:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
You probably never heard about respected marine oceanographer Doron Nof giving his explanmation of what happened:
[link to www.doronnof.net]
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/16/2011 08:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
He did a mathematical model of what could've happened:
[link to www.doronnof.net]
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/16/2011 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
The artifacts have actually been found on the floor of the red sea.
[link to pinkoski.com]
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't know if we can trust the object at the bottom of the sea is the wheel of a charriot but anyway, this episode could have happened in the way described.
I am focused on the account itself.
I don't intend to prove anything at all. I'm just someone with curiosity about things and speak several languages. It's not about sharing curriculum vitae.

For instance, in Brazil about 180 million people know "BUNDA" is the ass. How many of them know that word was imported from Africa?

This thing about language is important and you can follow the footsteps. For example, if I write "naive" in English I wonder why we can read the same word written with 2 dots over the "i" as well (naïve)or the word "facade" which can also be written "façade" with a word that doesn't even exist in English alphabet (ç) and then you know there's French hidden there like in the word "mortgage". If millions of Americans, English, Irish or Scottish people ignore why on earth words using the same letters (ough) do have different sound:
though a tough cough and hiccough plough me through which sounds like
dhou a râf caêf end hicâp plau mi thru... maybe a conundrum for many people but I'm interested in that.

This sort of thing happen all the time. In Japan people adapted the word "ice cream" and became aizukurimu. When Americans went to Japan for the first time they couldn't pronounce "you're welcome" (after thank you=arigato) which in Japanese is "doô itamashité" and started to speak fast "don't touch my moustache".

Probably most people in Japan and Brazil are not aware some Japanese words were imported from Portuguese pirates.
Thank you (arigato) comes from Portuguese obrigado.
button (botam) comes from Portuguese botão.cow (waca) comes from Portuguese vaca.chair (kantera) comes from Portuguese cadeira.glass (bidro) comes from Portuguese vidro and so on.
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 04:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
"façade" with a word that doesn't even exist in English alphabet (ç)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1232612

Ooops! I meant "with a letter".
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 04:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you care to READ the links you'll see the so-called explanation of REEDS and RED is a mistake that doesn't fit on Hebrew account no matter how interesting sounds in English James King version or others. About 2.000 thousands years ago the name was also written in GREEK and the name was Red Sea indeed. In Greek Acts 7:36 & Hebrews 11:29 refer to the ocean indeed and uses the word erythrá thá.la.sa.
Red indeed for several reasons.

The red sea crossing was indeed from west to east as described in this book and the guy explains the so-called "yam suph" and "sooph" misunderstanding of the name Red Sea because in Hebrew the name was MARA refering to Bitter Lake and not the explanation you probably heard watching the documentary made by James Cameron, Avatar director. Cameron was critized due to his inventions.

I am saying the word in Greek about 2000 years ago was "erythrá-tha-la-sa" and the word erythrocytes comes from that. Which are the "red cells" of course.
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 04:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not only we do have the Mayan interpretation of the Red Sea account (the Egyptian version depicts the hieroglyph of water split by two knives, that is two walls of water) but we have another interpretation.
The Red Sea is a seawater inlet of the Indian Ocean, lying between Africa and Asia. We could expect the Hindus to have something alike that sea opening. Do we? Indeed! The same Indian Ocean opened to lord Râma in a sort of bridge crossing the Gulf. In similar manner Vasudeva crossed Yamunâ river.
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 04:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
The red sea crossing

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1085245

Now, if I have to choose between a respected oceanographer like Doron Nof and the linguists or the fellow guy (who dissapeared) and wrote what you can see right above, well by now you know where I stand.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1232402
New Zealand
01/17/2011 04:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
As far as I understand Mormon books mention Nefites (called lazy and cursed by God
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1230875
You're thinking of the darker skinned Lamanites, the Lamanites are the principle ancestors of American Indians, the fair skinned Nephites were wiped out in by the Lamanites in 400AD.

THE LATIN AMERICAS = THIS LAMANITE RACE (anagram)
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 05:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to lh3.ggpht.com]

Yes, yes. I wrote nefites (f=ph) because if my memory doesn't betray me what I wrote was mentioned in the book of Nephi, right?

This anagram (you say) suggests the very name is modern and the Mormon account is filled with anachronisms, which is a very well known fact. But that's other topic.
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 05:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Cecil B. D'Mille gave us a detail in his first Ten Commandments film (1923), check the video:

As you could see the chariot wheels got caught in the sand which is specifically mentioned in Exodus account. This is something we don't see in his later colorful version with Charlton Heston (an actor who interpreted a Mormon leader in another film) where we watch the dry soil, which is more of a miracle itself!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 05:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
though a tough cough and hiccough plough me through which sounds like
dhou a râf caêf end hicâp plau mi thru... maybe a conundrum for many people but I'm interested in that.

I meant "though a ROUGH..." which sounds like "râf" just like "TOUGH" sounds like "tâf".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1232402
New Zealand
01/17/2011 05:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
the fair skinned Nephites were wiped out in by the Lamanites in 400AD.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1232402

actually sorry this is'nt 100% correct, 3 Nephites were granted immortality by Jesus Christ and have been on the earth since the ancient period, there are many modern accounts of people who believe to have encountered them
maryjane of earth
User ID: 1028241
Canada
01/17/2011 06:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Since when Chichen Itza is in Guatemala???? From the first line they make mistake. Chichen Itza is in Yucatan, Mexico.
maryjane of earth
Canada
01/17/2011 06:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Tulan is Azteca (Nahualt) word for paradise not Mayan word. I would suggest TULUM for Mayan word and AZTLAN is the first name of the azteca. This is full of shit. In the Popul Vuh. They talked about creation of the man. And as I remember, because I read it, they had more them one god. Man and woman.
maryjane of earth
Canada
01/17/2011 06:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to meta-religion.com]

You can read it there.
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 07:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Tulan is Azteca (Nahualt) word for paradise not Mayan word. I would suggest TULUM for Mayan word and AZTLAN is the first name of the azteca. This is full of shit. In the Popul Vuh. They talked about creation of the man. And as I remember, because I read it, they had more them one god. Man and woman.
 Quoting: maryjane of earth 1028241

What is full of excrement is people who come here, jump at the last minute and DON'T READ careefully. I already mentioned your "argument" and said:
Guatemala means “high places” or small pyramids for worship as did Israel. The transliteration in Hebrew is “Ge-wa-ta-mal-aw” meaning “proud upright high place”. The wise men called Nahuales by Mayans in Hebrew means “leaders, guides”. Huracan “leg of lightning” or “Urahharakahn” in Hebrew is “priest of the lightning house” and derivative of the word “hurricane” at Sinai which glowed and rumbled or was covered by clouds.

The contrary explanation is: Guatemala is derived from Cuauhtemallen, which is not even a Mayan word. It is Nahuatl and means Great Forest, or many trees, the Mayan equivalent (in dialects from Chiapas and Guatemala) is Quiche, which also means many trees or forest.

They could accuse the argument as "stretching of fact" because they have caressed too much time their precious idea. It's a FACT the mica they found inside the Teotihuacan pyramid was imported from BRAZIL in South America (!!!!!!) just as it's a FACT the basis of that pyramid is pretty much the one in Egypt but these is preferred to be ignored from "Mayanologists". Some have even written "Incidentally Chichen Itza is not in Guatemala, but in the Yucatan, and the dialects spoken are so different that a Yucatecan Maya and a Guatemalan Maya do not understand each other" is an example of the ridiculous thing linguists sometimes say and fail to understand. That’s why I wrote the example of the word "GAY" AND AYDS/AIDS. It’s like saying Machu Pichu is not in Peru because the Incas' empire called Tawantinsuyo was part of a big territory which is nowadays many different countries from Ecuador to Chile.
[link to www.mysteriousplaces.com]

Yucatan indeed is a mistaken name because Spanish people asked to the Mayan what was the name of their country and they didn’t answer the question but just asked “what you said?” which sounded like Yucatan to Spanish conquerors. They did the same mistake in Peru when asked about the unknown animal “lama” and asked the name and Incas repeated the question “cómo se LLAMA?” and the conquerors took their own question as an answer!

Quechean Civilization, Carmack, page 287 says “Balam Ak’ab, whose people LIVED the EAST, across the sea (ocean) in a land called Tulán”. Popul Vuh, Sacred Book of the Quiché-Maya, Translated by Adrán Recinos, pp,67-69 indicates it’s in a northeast direction that they crossed this sea, HEADING FOR TULAN, Hacavitz and the original Chichen Itzá on the other side of the Atlantic.. Since the balance of the story of the time SPENT in Tulan, Hacavitz lay in a northeasterly direction from the crossing –Discovery of Ancient America, page 105. From the WEST WE CAME TO TULAN –Annals of the Cakchiquels, page 45. “These were the 3 nations of the Quichés, and THEY CAME FROM WHERE THE SUN RISES” –Título de los Señores de Totanicaoán, page 170. Is the apparent dichotomy what has thrown confusion into archeologists and anthropologists since they insist ancient Quiché-Maya took place in Meso-America.

If you use Tullan with double LL rather than Tulan, what sort of that invention is that? Indeed that's a choice adapted to English because I would have to ask you what would be your pronunciation. Tullan as English "taLLer" or as in Spanish "taLLer" (workshop) with the sound of English J and Y (jester-yesterday, joke-yoke)?

The Mayan experts could say “Tulan simply means "where the Toltecs are" ". Simple????

Tulan=ancestral land [of the gods] on the other side of the sea, mentioned in all of the Mayan Titulos. Just as you IGNORE the very "name" Maya exists in Hebrew related with numbers (which is one of the skills you say these people have), you are also turning your blind eye off regarding Hebrew equivalent Taw-lal meaning "eminent" as James Strong's Hebrew Lexicon says (8524)and "an"=where, whthersoever (575). In Discovery of Ancient America, pp.56-59 we read TALLEGEWI the name of mound builders and the direct relationship to Hebrew words tely gy meaning "nation of mounds". This area was suddendly vacated by the Talli-gewi, shorlty before the Tolteca arrival in central Mexico. Tol-Techa in Hebrew means "mound camp"."From the WEST WE CAME to Tulán.. from the other side of the sea, and it was inTulán where we were engendered and given birth by our mothers and fathers" (quoted from The Memorial de Sololá o Tecpán Atitlán...Popul Vuh,Recinos). Want the page too? Okey, go to page 63.

The Mayan account indicates THAT THERE WERE 4 TULÁNS;

"From 4 places the people came to Tulán. In the east is one Tulán; another in Xibalbay; and another where god is. Therefore, there were 4 Tuláns, Oh our sons! So they said. "From the west we came to Tulán, from across the sea.. so they told us".The Annals of the Cakchiquel (page 45).
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 07:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
they had more them one god. Man and woman.

You probably wanted to write 'more THAN'... instead of "them"...

Yes, they mentioned more than one God. The same way in Genesis at least 3 times the God speaks in what was called "mayestic plural". Let's make men in OUR likeness and image.. or when the plural gods say they wanted to climb down from heavens because there was no stopping in men's project (Babel Tower episode also mentioned in Meso America).
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/17/2011 07:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to meta-religion.com]

You can read it there.
 Quoting: maryjane of earth 1028241

Thanks, I already read the book with Twin Brothers story (Cain and Abel) the Satan equivalence, the involution of men transformed into apes, the creation of corn/maize, etc.

GLP