Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,053 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 841,610
Pageviews Today: 1,492,540Threads Today: 632Posts Today: 11,067
05:09 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

A discussion of the Watchers, Original Hybrids: Giants, Nephilim-- Alien technology-- Appearance of God

aether

User ID: 1187276
United Kingdom
01/29/2011 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: A discussion of the Watchers, Original Hybrids: Giants, Nephilim-- Alien technology-- Appearance of God
For the Egyptians it was the creator-king Ra, for the Sumerians it was the high god An, from whom kingship descended. Similarly, the Hindu Brahma, the Chinese Huang-ti, Mexican Quetzalcoatl, Mayan Itzam Na and numerous counterparts among other nations, all preside over a paradisal epoch, while establishing the ideals and principles of kingship.

In Egypt, Mesopotamia, Persia, China, Greece, Italy, northern Europe, pre-Columbian Mexico and Central America--in fact, wherever the institution of kingship arose--the general rule is that royal genealogies lead back to this exemplary ruler, celebrated as the first in a sacred line of kings. The different myths recount in rich detail how the god built a great temple or city in primeval times, invented the alphabet, or taught a new language to a pre-literate race. They say it was he who invented the wheel, introduced the science of agriculture, instituted laws, and taught the true religion--in short, brought to a barbarous race all of the arts of civilization.

There is also a crucial connection here. This "ancestor-king" is so completely identified with the Golden Age that it is impossible to separate the one myth from the other. There is no Golden Age without a founding king, no founding king without a Golden Age.

The fabulous chronology of Egyptian kings or pharaohs offers a telling example. In his sweeping history of ancient Egypt, the Greek historian Herodotus enumerates the early lineage of kings. He tells us that there was a first king of Egypt, and his name was Helios. This first king of Egypt was not a mere mortal! He was a celestial power.

Of course Herodotus was simply translating an Egyptian name into Greek. For the Egyptians, the institution of kingship began with the rule of the primeval sun god Atum or Ra, who, prior to his retirement from the world, founded the Zep Tepi, the First Time, or Golden Age.

In Egypt all of the kingship rites point backwards to the age of Ra, a supreme god celebrated from one end of Egypt to the other as the prototype of kings. Indeed, every historical king's or pharaoh's authority derived from a connection to the ancestral king, for as the best Egyptologists have pointed out, the pharaoh was accredited as such by the claim that the blood of Atum-Ra coursed through his veins.

In rites deeply rooted in Egyptian cosmology, each new king symbolically ascended the throne of Ra, took as spouse Ra's own mistress, the mother goddess, wielded Ra's scepter, built temples and cities modeled after Ra's temple or city in the sky, adorned himself with the beard of the god, wore the crown of Ra as his own, and defeated neighboring enemies in just the way that Ra had defeated the hordes of darkness or chaos in the Zep Tepi. Identification of local king and celestial prototype was absolute.

Such is the universal tradition. Every king was, in a magical way, the Universal Monarch reborn. And this is why the chroniclers of king took such pains to establish the unbroken line. Only by proclaiming that the local king carried the blood of his predecessor, the Universal Monarch, could they certify his suitability for the prescribed function of kings.

The ancient Sumerians repeatedly proclaimed that kingship had descended directly from the creator-king An, the most ancient and highest god of the pantheon, and the revered founder of the Golden Age.

Consider the myths and images of the Hindu Brahma, Manu or Yama, the Iranian Yima, Danish Frodhi, or Chinese Huang-Ti--all models of the good king, ruling over a primitive paradise. The respective cultures esteemed these mythical figures as prototypes. In later ages the chroniclers have such figures ruling on earth. But in the earliest traditions the kingdom is in the sky, and the ancient rule of the Universal Monarch is one of the most pervasive archetypes of world mythology.

Natives of Mexico insisted that the great god Quetzalcoatl, a sun god who ruled before the present sun, was their first king and founder of the kingship rites. He not only introduced all of the arts of civilization, but presided over an ancient paradise.

The ancient Maya proclaimed that their once-spectacular civilization had its origins in the rule of the creator-king and god of the Golden Age, Itzam Na. At the center of Mayan culture, stood the sovereign chief, announcing himself as something like "the King of Kings and ruler of the world, regent on earth of the great Itzam Na."

The leading Mayan expert, J. Eric Thompson, saw this as an "inflated notion of grandeur….a sort of divine right of kings which would have turned James I green with envy." And yet throughout the ancient world, one encounters this divine "grandeur" of kings at every turn.

The original concept may appear as self flattery, but it actually has more to do with a burden of kings, the requirement that the king live up to the mythical aura of the revered predecessor. Never was there a king in early times that did not wear the dress of a mythical god--the model of the good ruler. Whatever the celestial, founding king had achieved, it was the duty of the present king, pharaoh, or emperor to duplicate, at least through symbolic repetition. For such was the first test of a good king.

This historical burden of kings will explain why every king was expected to renew the primeval era of peace and plenty.

Why, for example, was the Egyptian Pharaoh Thutmose III so eager to announce that he had restored conditions "as they were in the beginning", in the Zep Tepi or Golden Age of Ra? Or why did the Pharaoh Amenhotep III congratulate himself so for having made the country "flourish as in primeval times..."? The Pharaoh was expected to repeat the achievements of the celestial prototype.

In the same way, when the Sumerian king Dungi ascended the throne, it was declared that a champion had arisen to restore the original Paradise.. Indeed, every Sumerian king was expected to reproduce the wonders of "That Day," or the "Year of Abundance"--the Golden Age of An. When the famous Assyrian king Assurbanipal took the throne, the chroniclers proclaimed that "the harvest was plentiful, the corn was abundant. . .the cattle multiplied exceedingly." For such was the accreditation of a good king.

Among the Hebrews, the expectation was continually expressed that the king would introduce a new Golden Age. The Irish King, according to the respected expert J. A. MacCulloch, ruled under the same expectation: "Prosperity was supposed to characterize every good king's reign in Ireland," MacCulloch writes, and "the result is precisely that which everywhere marked the golden age."

This is, of course, a very familiar idea. In the words of the eminent psychoanalyst, Carl Jung, the ancient king was "the magical source of welfare and prosperity." It's interesting how often scholars have noticed the theme, without explaining it. How did this universal idea arise--that the earth is fruitful under the good king?

According to the myths themselves, the ideals of kingship were a mirror of the life and personality of the great celestial king whose rule brought abundance and cosmic harmony. Hence, the same state of things should accompany that king's successors who share in the blood-line and charisma of the great predecessor, whether that predecessor is called Ra or An, Quetzalcoatl or Itzam Na.
 Quoting: Global History
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1113553
United States
01/29/2011 10:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: A discussion of the Watchers, Original Hybrids: Giants, Nephilim-- Alien technology-- Appearance of God
thank you, AC.
i think it is important for him to understand where i am coming from so he can absorb the material in this thread. i am compassionate.
 Quoting: Salt & Light

Yes- thank you OP. Hopefully you see nothing but compassion in the next few posts. (if you have a little time)

hf
 Quoting: Daniel's Seventieth Seven 1071051

Start your own thread.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1247622
United States
01/29/2011 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know pigs are a hybrid of man and wild boar don't you?
 Quoting: ashesand sackcloth

khazer = khazar = swine

hmmm...

Deu 14:8 And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it [is] unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.
Daniel's Seventieth Seven
User ID: 1071051
United States
01/29/2011 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Start your own thread.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1113553

Settle down....

Thread: Pres. C. Arthur served for 42 mo. as predicted by REVELATION! Both he and OBAMA were British citizens at birth! (Guess what’s next)

Thread: The sun is reacting to forces that can’t be seen. As requested, we will now “show” them to you and explain NIBIRU, PLANET X, and WORMWOOD.

;)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 1139725
United States
01/29/2011 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

I am not going to debate any further with you about the NT apocryphals. I have explained over and over my view, and i have nothing else to offer.

if you want to join this discussion, it must be on topic.
if you want to talk about NT apocryphals, start your own thread.

i have taken plenty of time to establish my views for you.

enough already...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1247622
United States
01/29/2011 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
i am not willing to let the apocryphon of John to take change the focus of my thread.

<removed for clarity & brevity>

i do not reject the OT apocryphals because the reason they were removed had to do with the prophecy and detailed description of Jesus.

i guess that makes me unique.

the essence and usage of the books does not oppose the word of God.

the NT apocs are in strong opposition and the credibility of the author's are in serious question.

OP, can you provide a reference for the above highlighted quote? That would be very helpful in my personal study. Thank you.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/29/2011 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
i am not willing to let the apocryphon of John to take change the focus of my thread.

<removed for clarity & brevity>

i do not reject the OT apocryphals because the reason they were removed had to do with the prophecy and detailed description of Jesus.

i guess that makes me unique.

the essence and usage of the books does not oppose the word of God.

the NT apocs are in strong opposition and the credibility of the author's are in serious question.

OP, can you provide a reference for the above highlighted quote? That would be very helpful in my personal study. Thank you.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1247622

there are many good books on the subject, one that comes to mind is titled: Fallen Angels and the Origin of Evil, by Elizabeth Clare Prophet. Another: The Forgotten Books of Eden, Rutherford H. Platt, Jr. These two I have read last year... secular books but good info. There are many many on the subject, and a simple google search should satisfy.
United States
01/29/2011 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am not going to debate any further with you about the NT apocryphals.

?

They weren't even mentioned this morning.

You seemed to agree with 'me777' when he criticized Ephesians.

The NT apocryphals don't matter.

.)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/29/2011 10:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

?

.)

do you have a point that relates to the topic of this thread?
United States
01/29/2011 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
{quote:Salt & Light}
{quote}

Is your understanding of Jesus related to this topic?

.)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/29/2011 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
{quote:Salt & Light}
{quote}

Is your understanding of Jesus related to this topic?

.)

yes
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 765966
United States
01/29/2011 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

Nowhere does it say God is a she.

"He is the invisible Spirit,

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1247345

in the original Hebrew, the word 'hey' pronounced 'he' is a term meaning female....

wrong as wrong can be

The letter Hey is the fifth letter of the Aleph-Bet, having the numeric value of five. The pictograph for Hey looks like a man with his arms raised, whereas the classical Hebrew script (ketav Ashurit) is constructed of two Vavs (of the Dalet) with an unattached and inverted Yod that functions as the “foot” of the letter. The meaning of the name “Hey” is “look,” or “behold!”

Quoting: Sugarelf

ah....no I am not....

HEY:

The Hebrew letters y (Yod), h (Hey),v (Waw), h (Hey) are the Tetragrammation, YHWH This is the Divine Name, which defines the Godhead. “Y” is Father; “H” is Mother, “W” is Son, and “H” is daughter.

[link to atkinslightquest.com]
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2011 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
They aren't in so much opposition, the gospel of john is just claiming the creator God isn't the highest being.

the conceiver God comes before the creator God....

wrong again...

what does this have to do with the topic of this thread?

not....

conception precedes creation....
United States
01/29/2011 11:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus never said any question was impossible to answer, FOR ANY REASON.

Unless it was too much to bear....

12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth...

25These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

.)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/29/2011 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
They aren't in so much opposition, the gospel of john is just claiming the creator God isn't the highest being.

wrong again...

not....

prove this point with something other than gnostic texts
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/29/2011 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

in the original Hebrew, the word 'hey' pronounced 'he' is a term meaning female....

wrong as wrong can be

The letter Hey is the fifth letter of the Aleph-Bet, having the numeric value of five. The pictograph for Hey looks like a man with his arms raised, whereas the classical Hebrew script (ketav Ashurit) is constructed of two Vavs (of the Dalet) with an unattached and inverted Yod that functions as the “foot” of the letter. The meaning of the name “Hey” is “look,” or “behold!”

ah....no I am not....

HEY:

The Hebrew letters y (Yod), h (Hey),v (Waw), h (Hey) are the Tetragrammation, YHWH This is the Divine Name, which defines the Godhead. “Y” is Father; “H” is Mother, “W” is Son, and “H” is daughter.

my point stands.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/29/2011 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth...

25These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

.)

and your point?
me777

User ID: 774992
Canada
01/29/2011 11:07 AM

Report Abusive Post

?

.)

Daniel, I am afraid you have a reading comprehension problem...

I quoted Ephesians in regards to the Anti Messiah material you were quoting on this thread...

I agree with S&L and the AC - open your own thread and stop trolling this one...
Subscribe to my blog:
Exposing The Darkness
End times headline news. Research and analysis of world events in light of Bible prophecy.
[link to lionessofjudah.substack.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1240865
United States
01/29/2011 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post

It was only requested that you give one example from one book. (Apocryphon of John)

(If you are not too busy)

.)

the thing is this....

if you take the essence of the entire book and compare it to the OT and NT, they are in opposition.

I will pull up the gnostic book tomorrow and try to narrow this down for you.

it is a good topic and merits attention. just be patient with me.

Question, why would God create Angels in a realm of light, but create us in a material world? Why wouldn't he have created us in the form of light?

Almighty God DID create His Children in Spirit and Physicality... because Spirit is what animates physicality and physicality is the highest expression of experiencing being Spirit...EVERYTHING is Spirit robed in matter.
United States
01/29/2011 11:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

.)

and your point?

For starters- That there were questions that could not be plainly answered.

.)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/29/2011 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

.)

and your point?

For starters- That there were questions that could not be plainly answered.

.)

they could be answered, and in the right time. they are not IMPOSSIBLE to answer, nor are the answers only for a select group.

the ENTIRE book of secrets of john of zebedee is FALSE.

next...
United States
01/29/2011 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am afraid you have a reading comprehension problem...

I quoted Ephesians in regards to the Anti Messiah material you were quoting on this thread...

Quoting: me777

The Apocrypha was originally posted by some AC.

.)
United States
01/29/2011 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
nor are the answers only for a select group.

next...

Why the hostility?

Do you disagree that this is most likely a 'select' group?...

44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him

.)
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2011 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

wrong as wrong can be

ah....no I am not....

HEY:

my point stands.

point is, the word 'hey' pronounced 'hee' or 'he' means female in the original Hebrew....there is no question....

also, the word 'Torah', the first five books of the Bible, is considered a feminine term....
me777

User ID: 774992
Canada
01/29/2011 11:23 AM

Report Abusive Post

wrong as wrong can be

ah....no I am not....

HEY:

Isn't it interesting - from the website you are quoting as your reliable source of knowledge
[link to atkinslightquest.com] :

Richard Atkins aspires to be a Renaissance man, having broad intellectual interests
encompassing religion, philosophy, literature, science, didactics, and the arts. For him
the real purpose of life is the pursuit of truth in all these areas. Trained as an engineer
and yet oriented toward literary interests, he has built a personal philosophy that
includes belief in universal purpose and order, theistic evolution,
the validity of both
religion and science, experiential religion, open-minded recognition of many sources of
truth,
the need to eradicate superstition, the absence of any infallible human authority or
system, congregational church government, human dignity, democratic institutions,
liberal public education, unified world government, and an optimistic view of the
progression of human history.

Nice...no further comments

Idol1
Subscribe to my blog:
Exposing The Darkness
End times headline news. Research and analysis of world events in light of Bible prophecy.
[link to lionessofjudah.substack.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2011 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

?

.)

Daniel, I am afraid you have a reading comprehension problem...

I agree with S&L and the AC - open your own thread and stop trolling this one...
 Quoting: me777

Thank you for correcting Daniel. I was going to, but I didn't feel it was my place. It was obvious to me what you were saying.

Again, Daniel...Don't know why you and others are trying so hard to derail an interesting thread. Please take your topic(s) of discussion to another thread.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/29/2011 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

next...

Why the hostility?

Do you disagree that this is most likely a 'select' group?...

44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him

.)

what hostility?
aether

User ID: 1187276
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
Aleph-Bet,

The Hebrew alphabet,known variously by scholars as the Jewish script, square script, block script is used in the writing of the Hebrew language, as well as other Jewish languages, most notably Yiddish, Ladino, and Judeo-Arabic. There have been two script forms in use. The original old Hebrew script is known as the paleo-Hebrew script (which has been largely preserved, in an altered form, in the Samaritan script), while the present "square" form of the Hebrew alphabet is a stylized form of the Aramaic script.

The Paleo-Hebrew alphabet, is an abjad offshoot of the ancient Semitic alphabet, identical to the Phoenician alphabetAt the very least it dates to the 10th century BC

The Phoenician alphabet, called by convention the Proto-Canaanite alphabet for inscriptions older than around 1050 BC, was a non-pictographic consonantal alphabet, or abjad
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

wrong again...

not....

prove this point with something other than gnostic texts

take the subject of religion out of the discussion of 'conception v creation' all together....

parents conceive children, then the children create themselves....
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/29/2011 11:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

next...

Why the hostility?

You're kidding, right?

GLP