User ID: 774404
United States
02/02/2011 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
***Breaking, Senate repeals part of health care law***
[link to www.politico.com]

-Snip

The Senate voted Wednesday for the first time to repeal a piece of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul, rolling back a new tax reporting requirement that’s been universally panned by business owners.

The amendment to repeal the 1099 reporting requirement passed 81-17 with broad bipartisan support.

Read more: [link to www.politico.com]
It really is!

I never drink water, fish fuck in it.
W.C. Fields

Ignorance and obscurantism have never produced anything other than flocks of slaves for tyranny...
Emiliano Zapata
It's hot here  (OP)

United States
02/02/2011 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: ***Breaking, Senate repeals part of health care law***
And of course you can't have a win without a loss. We'll just keep trying and trying. Eventually pick this f'n mess apart.

United, Senate Dems defeat health care repeal measure

Carrie Dann writes:Senate Democrats remained united on Wednesday in killing a Republican effort to repeal the health care bill signed into law last March.

As expected, no Democrats voted against a procedural motion that effectively defeated a GOP amendment -- sponsored by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and tacked on to an unrelated aviation bill -- to repeal the health legislation.

All Republicans voted together in favor of the McConnell-sponsored amendment. The vote was 47-51.

The House passed the repeal measure last month.

[link to firstread.msnbc.msn.com]
It really is!

W.C. Fields

Ignorance and obscurantism have never produced anything other than flocks of slaves for tyranny...
Emiliano Zapata
FatalWishes

User ID: 626707
United States
02/02/2011 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good, they are off to a start...
They should take the warning labels off of everything and let stupidity sort itself out.
It's hot here  (OP)

United States
02/02/2011 06:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yah, wasn't too happy they attached it to the FAA bill but there was a need to rush it up. I like the plan. Pick it apart, fix what needs to be fixed. Keep trying to repeal it, go for the kill but keep wounding in the meantime.

Eventually we will all win given the right terms of the deal. Dems want total control and hopefully, GOP just wants shit done right. So far so good.
It really is!

W.C. Fields

Emiliano Zapata
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1252080
United States
02/02/2011 06:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: FatalWishes

deception
, they will go forward with it if they start removing (cherry picking it) to deceive the public
Don't let dim-fool-ya!, or even try to school'ya!
verycool
It's hot here  (OP)

United States
02/02/2011 06:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: FatalWishes

deception
, they will go forward with it if they start removing (cherry picking it) to deceive the public
Don't let dim-fool-ya!, or even try to school'ya!
verycool
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1252080

Yah I'm skeptical but gotta believe in it, if it does turn out to be a sham there will be a 3rd party uprising. Or people will just storm the capital building and burn it to the ground out of sheer frustration.

Last Edited by It's hot here on 02/02/2011 06:58 PM
It really is!

W.C. Fields

Emiliano Zapata
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1144159
United States
02/02/2011 07:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
And of course you can't have a win without a loss. We'll just keep trying and trying. Eventually pick this f'n mess apart.

United, Senate Dems defeat health care repeal measure

Carrie Dann writes:Senate Democrats remained united on Wednesday in killing a Republican effort to repeal the health care bill signed into law last March.

As expected, no Democrats voted against a procedural motion that effectively defeated a GOP amendment -- sponsored by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and tacked on to an unrelated aviation bill -- to repeal the health legislation.

All Republicans voted together in favor of the McConnell-sponsored amendment. The vote was 47-51.

The House passed the repeal measure last month.

[link to firstread.msnbc.msn.com]
 Quoting: It's hot here

The actual vote that effectively killed the McConnel Amendment was not no the McConnel amendment itself but a vote taken as to a waiver on a point of order on account of the standing "Pay Go" law... the same objection was made to the 1099 requirements overturn that it would be illegal under the Pay Go law, but that law was waived so that the 1099 requirement repeal could be approved. Why Pay Go can be waived in the lesser amendment and not the greater full repeal amendment is way beyond me, but I guess that is how Democraps think.

So the McConnel amendment was not killed by actual up down vote on it but on a technicality.

So, apparently it is now upto SCOTUS ruling as to the constitutionality or unconstitutionaly if the current health care laws.

IF SCOTUS declares it all constitutional, that decision will effectively void the rest of the US Constitution.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1144159
United States
02/02/2011 07:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
^^^ IMHO.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1209397
United States
02/02/2011 07:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
That is strange I just got an email saying it failed. Wonder if they meant overturning the entire thing?
It's hot here  (OP)

United States
02/02/2011 07:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
That is strange I just got an email saying it failed. Wonder if they meant overturning the entire thing?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1209397

Yah they did get the 1099 portion overturned, which is what barry said he'd give up, but the full repeal in the Senate was killed. Doesn't really matter at this point. The lower court judge ruled the law void so moving forward, this should get very interesting.
It really is!

W.C. Fields

Emiliano Zapata
It's hot here  (OP)

United States
02/02/2011 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
It really is!

W.C. Fields

Emiliano Zapata
It's hot here  (OP)

United States
02/02/2011 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Last one...bump
It really is!

W.C. Fields

Emiliano Zapata

GLP