Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,485 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 419,249
Pageviews Today: 672,105Threads Today: 195Posts Today: 3,398
07:12 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

GUN THREAD... your last hold to freedom....Answers to questions you have been afraid to ask

Gabriel
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1251149
United States
02/07/2011 10:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
GUN THREAD... your last hold to freedom....Answers to questions you have been afraid to ask
My guns have saved my life, fed my family, and given me confidence. Guns should be treated with the up most care. You should not own a gun if you have never trained with one.

There are a lot of people out there that have the wrong idea about guns because they where to afraid to ask questions about them. Here is your chance to learn.

If you have had training using guns, please feel free to add your 2 cents to teach people what they need to know about them.

If ever our guns are taken away from us by TPTB, we are done as a free society.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 10:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GUN THREAD... your last hold to freedom....Answers to questions you have been afraid to ask
Okay i'll start. My recommended Hand Gun would be a 9mm for several reasons. The most important reason is the availability of the Ammo if all hell broke lose in the world.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GUN THREAD... your last hold to freedom....Answers to questions you have been afraid to ask
My recommendation for a shotgun is a 20 gauge. The reason for this is it can be handled well by the women and if necessary, your younger family members.... a lot less kick than a 12 gauge.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 10:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
How many times have you past a gun shop and wondered about stopping in but where afraid to? Don't be, go inside and you will see its like any other store. They will help you find the best weapon for your needs and also train you how to use it.

Get inside that firing range and try it out. I guarantee you after you do it you will ask yourself why you waited so long.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know what a good gun trainer will teach you? How not to shoot someone. 99.9% of the time, a gun fired straight up into the sky will prevent an attack from anyone.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1042753
United States
02/07/2011 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Okay i'll start. My recommended Hand Gun would be a 9mm for several reasons. The most important reason is the availability of the Ammo if all hell broke lose in the world.
 Quoting: Gabriel

I'd say a good recommendation for target practice, but for a real defense situation, get something in 45. Even if 9mm will be more plentiful in a SHTF scenario, you won't need nearly as much 45 ammo.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 10:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Live near the forest? Ever had a bear on your porch?
If you see a bear near your house.... put down the gun and grab a couple of pots and pans and bang them together while yelling.......works everytime.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1213083
United States
02/07/2011 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
I saw a nice gun at the pawn shop called a Bryco, or something like that. I'm going to buy it next week.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'd say a good recommendation for target practice, but for a real defense situation, get something in 45. Even if 9mm will be more plentiful in a SHTF scenario, you won't need nearly as much 45 ammo.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1042753

Very true, but i prefer knowing i can get the ammo. I have high capacity clips so i can shoot a lot of rounds without changing clips.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1258190
United States
02/07/2011 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thought most would jump right in here, but I see GLP has taught most to think about responses to a thread and WHO might want to know YOUR feelings/situation/number of/kind of weapons you have/will have in the future !
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I saw a nice gun at the pawn shop called a Bryco, or something like that. I'm going to buy it next week.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1213083

What gauge and how much? I don't like buying anything from pawn shops though.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1213083
United States
02/07/2011 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

It was a 25 clb for $95.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 10:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thought most would jump right in here, but I see GLP has taught most to think about responses to a thread and WHO might want to know YOUR feelings/situation/number of/kind of weapons you have/will have in the future !
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1258190

I don't like living my life with fear. Until someone tries to arrest me for typing my thoughts, we are okay.
JF Priest

User ID: 1069469
United States
02/07/2011 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
For home defense a Smith & Wesson revolver..(Model 686 no lock 4 inch barrel) Just pull the trigger it always goes bang...Loaded with either 38 specials or 357 Mag...
It Only Hurts If You Care...
Evil Twin

02/07/2011 10:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know what a good gun trainer will teach you? How not to shoot someone. 99.9% of the time, a gun fired straight up into the sky will prevent an attack from anyone.

You're responsible for every bullet that leaves your gun. Where's that bullet fired into the sky going to land?
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 10:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

It was a 25 clb for $95.

I have a 25 clb myself. Very small, good for my boot. Better than a 22 but won't stop much. It will however make a big bang which is all you need scare off ... things. Edit to add... good price but fire it at the range to make sure its okay.

Last Edited by Gabriel on 02/07/2011 10:54 AM
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

You're responsible for every bullet that leaves your gun. Where's that bullet fired into the sky going to land?
 Quoting: Evil Twin

you do know that the actual bullet is the tip of the shell and is no bigger than a pea. If it falls back on your head you will wonder if bird just pooped on you.
Evil Twin

02/07/2011 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

you do know that the actual bullet is the tip of the shell and is no bigger than a pea. If it falls back on your head you will wonder if bird just pooped on you.

No serious firearms instructor will ever counsel you to fire into the air. In fact, they will tell you that if you have time to fire a warning shot at all, you're probably not legally justified to shoot at all.
omnimenice
User ID: 1258223
United States
02/07/2011 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Buy what there will be lots of surplus ammo for. If a lot of
people don't own them don't buy them.

.22 cheap, hump with a 1000 rds, easy to find ammo

9mm average stopping power, lot of owners

45acp great stopping power, been around since 1911

12 gauge, EVERY RURAL HOUSEHOLD OWNS A SHOTGUN IN AMERICA

223 US army still uses it and could be obtained

7.62 x 39. millions of SKS ans AK's have bees sold here
and people used to be able to buy surplus ammo cheap and most have lots of ammo still around.

If I was buying ammo to trade as curency I would buy 22's and 12gauge
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 975155
United States
02/07/2011 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you see a bear near your house.... put down the gun and grab a couple of pots and pans and bang them together while yelling.......works everytime.

Or pick up the 45-70 and put bear in the freezer.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

.22 cheap, hump with a 1000 rds, easy to find ammo

9mm average stopping power, lot of owners

45acp great stopping power, been around since 1911

12 gauge, EVERY RURAL HOUSEHOLD OWNS A SHOTGUN IN AMERICA

223 US army still uses it and could be obtained

7.62 x 39. millions of SKS ans AK's have bees sold here
and people used to be able to buy surplus ammo cheap and most have lots of ammo still around.

If I was buying ammo to trade as curency I would buy 22's and 12gauge
 Quoting: omnimenice 1258223

Thanks for the imput
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 975155

Have you ever eaten bear... yuukkk. But if need be, good for its skin if cold and the grid goes down.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 692708
United States
02/07/2011 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

ammo to trade as curency I would buy 22's and 12gauge

Booze and sugar are better currency, and they will not come back and kill you with the ammo you just gave them.

"i survived the DOOM and then gave my killer the ammo to shoot me with" great head stone!!
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 11:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

No serious firearms instructor will ever counsel you to fire into the air. In fact, they will tell you that if you have time to fire a warning shot at all, you're probably not legally justified to shoot at all.

I'm not going to argue with the Evil Twin.... don't want a banning spanking.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 975155
United States
02/07/2011 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 975155

Have you ever eaten bear... yuukkk. But if need be, good for its skin if cold and the grid goes down.

Yeah, I don't make a habit of it. But if times were bad enough... Alaskan people do pretty well on it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 910164
Germany
02/07/2011 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
My choice:

.22LR for pesky varmints

.45 ACP for the handguns

12 Ga for the shotguns

.223/5.56 for the MBR

7.62x54R for long range engagement

YMMV, but for me it fits the bill and doesnt cost a fortune.
Dead Sunlight

User ID: 1011642
United States
02/07/2011 11:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Only pansies are afraid of a 12, my wife and friends all shoot 12.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 931632
United States
02/07/2011 11:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

Support the Gun Owners of America.

"The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington"

-Ron Paul

[link to gunowners.org]

Support GOA endorsed candidates. They have already start finding and funding politicians for the 2012 race.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1258175
United States
02/07/2011 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, I am interested in purchasing my first gun, a pistol. I'm leaning towards a .40 cal Glock. I wanted to get the GEN 4 glock. It was a S&W. I get confused about that, it could be a Glock, but a Smith & Wesson glock? Although Glock is also a manufacturer? Sorry, I'm a noob.

Anyway...what do you think?
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

ammo to trade as curency I would buy 22's and 12gauge

Booze and sugar are better currency, and they will not come back and kill you with the ammo you just gave them.

"i survived the DOOM and then gave my killer the ammo to shoot me with" great head stone!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 692708

Good point.

The gathering of massive amounts of ammo should only be done if TSHTF and you need to come together as a community or neighborhood to defend yourself from the certain onslaught of the dog eat dog world we will have to put up with. I wouldn't want to live near a big city when it happens.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/07/2011 11:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Only pansies are afraid of a 12, my wife and friends all shoot 12.
 Quoting: Dead Sunlight

I got small women in my family LOL

GLP