Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,464 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 555,763
Pageviews Today: 724,817Threads Today: 215Posts Today: 2,935
06:24 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

???? Anyone notice the UPSIDE DOWN MOON last night ?????

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9734262
Germany
01/28/2012 05:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ???? Anyone notice the UPSIDE DOWN MOON last night ?????
being near the equator the smiley face moon is normal it eventually changes to a frown.

If its off the timeline it could be that the moon's orbit is wobbling off course?

What determines the path in which the moon orbits trhe earth?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1192365

It's a wet moon and typically like that in the winter because the earth is tilted away from the sun.

If it is still a horizontal crescent in the summer we know we have a problem.
 Quoting: Prisoner of Technology

bsflagbsflag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4672687
Australia
01/28/2012 05:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Your all of your heads.
To appease everyone about the explanation why the crescent moon is at the bottom.
If you all have a look at the ancient texts of cultures, especially the ancient egyptian culture.
You will see the crescent moon at the bottom in some of there texts.

In most religious texts the crescent moon is depicted at the bottom.
So if they viewed it in this position...it's been happening for thousands of years.

Regardless of my own explanation on why this happens which will be discarded..you can not refute the ancients seeing the moon in this positon.
Case closed.

Being summer here in australia...the cresant moon at the moment is tilted on it's left side facing the setting sun.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9734686
United Kingdom
01/28/2012 05:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Are you on medication you american arsehole because if your not then you ought to be fucking sad idiotic american the land of fucking nutters.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1331258
United States
01/28/2012 05:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's a wet moon and typically like that in the winter because the earth is tilted away from the sun.

You are correct!

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/28/2012 05:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
being near the equator the smiley face moon is normal it eventually changes to a frown.

If its off the timeline it could be that the moon's orbit is wobbling off course?

What determines the path in which the moon orbits trhe earth?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1192365

bsflagbsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9734262

Nah, you're b/s dumb dumb.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8366156
India
01/28/2012 05:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's not earths shadow that you're seeing. Take a picture next time, to determine the shadows diameter. The second shadow of the FULL MOON = THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/28/2012 06:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's not earths shadow that you're seeing. Take a picture next time, to determine the shadows diameter. The second shadow of the FULL MOON = THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8366156

You know what I did notice tonight that I thought was odd about the moon was that, even though it was a perfect crescent, the 'shadow' or eclipse of the rest I was actually able to see, I don't remember this being so. I always remembered it being a thick, dark blackness. But now, it was like a translucent black overlay with a yellow/white color.

Was odd.

I've also noticed the moon has been red a lot lately when it is close to the horizon.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1246800
Australia
01/28/2012 06:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
I saw it! I was standing on my head last night gazing at the sky, and I totally saw the upside down moon!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1151054

did your face turned blue?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1278422
Netherlands
01/28/2012 06:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, it was strange over here too..
The earth was higher than normal, leaving room for the sunlight to only reach the lower part of the moon.
srsly
User ID: 1293267
Bulgaria
01/28/2012 06:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I live in FL too.. Yep the moon is fucked.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1087370

I'm just sayin' something is not right, that's all.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1250423

Yup ohyeah something's not right at all.. with the educational system in the United States.
crazygaahanother do
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9736506
Germany
01/28/2012 06:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Your all of your heads.
To appease everyone about the explanation why the crescent moon is at the bottom.
If you all have a look at the ancient texts of cultures, especially the ancient egyptian culture.
You will see the crescent moon at the bottom in some of there texts.

In most religious texts the crescent moon is depicted at the bottom.
So if they viewed it in this position...it's been happening for thousands of years.

Regardless of my own explanation on why this happens which will be discarded..you can not refute the ancients seeing the moon in this positon.
Case closed.

Being summer here in australia...the cresant moon at the moment is tilted on it's left side facing the setting sun.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4672687

Sorry, but that's simply BS. What the ancients saw was simply Saturn's rings illuminated by the Sun:
[link to saturndeathcult.com]

It's an Electric Universe...
hAppymoon
User ID: 9736669
Sweden
01/28/2012 06:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
As the sumarian tablets show, when the moon "smiles" then the anunnakis comes to earth in theier ships, thier close, apparently. The question is, are the stories about the anunnakis true ?

Check out the picture
[link to www.google.com]
sailormon
User ID: 2603161
United States
01/28/2012 07:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
I to am in Fl. and saw that smile. I just googled phases of the moon and include a calender of what the moon is supposed to be for each night this month. No where does it show what is really happening.

[link to www.moonconnection.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9553901
United Kingdom
01/28/2012 07:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
I to am in Fl. and saw that smile. I just googled phases of the moon and include a calender of what the moon is supposed to be for each night this month. No where does it show what is really happening.

Quoting: sailormon 2603161

The moon looks different depending where you are on earth, in Australia its fucking upside down, no shit...

Get a brain moran.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/28/2012 07:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

The pictures on that site are obviously just for illustration purposes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2849470
United States
01/28/2012 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Listen!

I'm in Florida and i can most definately vouch that the moon is totally different than it was. A SMILE, yes, not in the same position i have witnessed it to be for all my years on this Earth.

If you think i'm crazy, great. I dont care.

IT IS DEFINATELY IN THE WRONG POSITION.

Stop the denial, all of you who think this is a joke. It is NOT a joke.

huffy
natasha77

User ID: 2849470
United States
01/28/2012 07:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Listen!

I'm in Florida and i can most definately vouch that the moon is totally different than it was. A SMILE, yes, not in the same position i have witnessed it to be for all my years on this Earth.

huffy
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2849470

Its me, Natasha77 i forgot to sign in.
SPEAK UP. SILENCE IS DEADLY!

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/28/2012 07:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Listen!

huffy
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2849470

I don't think that you are crazy, just stupid.

[link to i44.tinypic.com]

Depending on where you are the moon looks different, that is because we are not on some flat stationary plane that always looks out to the moon at a perfect 90 degree horizontal position...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8030931
United States
01/28/2012 07:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have never seen a Cheshire moon in my whole life until last year. Many on here say it is normal, but I don't think so.

It is so funny that anytime someone brings up something about the moon...the flying monkeys come out of the woodwork. Good luck with this one OP!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9710493
United Kingdom
01/28/2012 07:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's normal, but it seems that people are only now paying attention to the moon because of all the threads on GLP about it.

It's called "field rotation" (look it up).

Think of it like this - if the moon's due south of you, and in a "half moon phase", then the terminator (line between shadow and lit halves) is pretty much vertical. It runs from the moon's north pole to its south pole. It also lines up roughly with the earth's north-south axis, which also lines up with you facing south, and north behind you.

Now, if you look east, as the moon rises, then north is to your left, and south to your right. The moon is still lined up with the north-south axis, so the terminator line can be nearly horizontal.

The same happens as you watch it set in the west. North is now to your right, and south to your left, so again the terminator is horizontal, and it lines up with the earth's axis.

The same applies to all the other moon phases, so you get rotated crescent moons, gibbous moons etc. Look up "wet moon", "dry moon", cheshire moon" - there are lots of references and images.

It's not the moon that's rotated - it's you!!

Another thing to think about - when you see it, rotated one way or the other, or due south and straight, somebody, somewhere else in the world is seeing it in a different orientation. It's the same moon, so if different people see it in different ways, it must be to do with their positions on the earth, not something the moon is doing (otherwise everyone would see it the same way at the same time).

This has been written about in lots of cultures, all the way from the ancient egyptians over 4,000 years ago through Shakespeare and into modern books. In fact, even 50 years ago people wouldn't have given it a second though because they saw the moon regularly and were used to seeing these effects. Unfortunately people hardly ever look at the skies nowadays (even though the moon is easily visible in light polluted cities) so all knowledge about how things move in the skies is being lost.

It's a shame really, as the skies are fascinating to watch, even if you don't get deeply into astronomy. There's always something to look at if people would only take the time and learn about it, instead of assuming something they haven't noticed before is "wrong"...
 Quoting: Explaning Field Rotation
kat

User ID: 4681212
United States
01/28/2012 08:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
looked completely normal here in Massachusetts last night.
No good deed goes unpunished.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4406937
United States
01/28/2012 08:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
A picture I took of Venus and the Moon on wednesdayhf

[link to imageshack.us]
max21214

User ID: 9737583
Canada
01/28/2012 08:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
As the sumarian tablets show, when the moon "smiles" then the anunnakis comes to earth in theier ships, thier close, apparently. The question is, are the stories about the anunnakis true ?

Check out the picture
[link to www.google.com]
 Quoting: hAppymoon 9736669

I do not know, but.. weird feeling : I asked to a ''higher being'' what was that sound I was hearing, I saw in a vision some weird long elliptic thing, and in head the world ''extraterrestrials''... And with your story and the fact it happened on the same night, I did a link :O

oh well... alien11alienshipalienshipalienshipufo56
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1123472
Italy
01/28/2012 08:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh boy, if you people would know the truth......

I have connections at the headquarters of the ESA. They are having 24 shifts since the explosion on the moon in 2009. Something unexpected happened during that event. Something the scientists all over the world are breaking their heads over. I cannot give to much info because my life and the lives of my family would be at risk. All I can say is that the optical illusion of the moon being 5 times bigger when it is near the horizon is the key to all this....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1349914
United States
01/28/2012 08:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
SRSLY you fucking dozy "moon flippers" are thicker than a very thick thing dipped in thick pig shit.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 657943

LOLOLOL!

Blackadder...love UK humor

How's life in Turkey? If you tell me u live on a Gulat I'll swoon
Notso

User ID: 1690612
United States
01/28/2012 08:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Dont it rotate as transits from one side of the sky to the other...just a thought
Notso
amywood71605

User ID: 1422833
United States
01/28/2012 08:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
It was cloudy here but my cousin texted us and said "holy shit look at the moon!"
"Live each day like it's your last, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching."

GO PATS!!
:Go Patriots!:
AstromutModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 1134608
United States
01/28/2012 08:48 AM

Report Abusive Post
I know, I know, people are going to say it's always been in that position--

like a "smile"-- but I don't buy that.
 Quoting: Pondering Mightily

Too bad.
[link to www.w7ftt.net]
It doesn't matter what you "buy," the facts are the facts. Field rotation is a normal phenomenon.
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1349914
United States
01/28/2012 08:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
I saw this on NYE this year in Hawaii and freaked out, but brushed it off as due to latitude, unfortunately I'm back in Texas and it's still upside down. I agree with rest of the folks, I'm 39 years old and an avid sky gazer, never noticed or saw this before. Must be due to earth or moons orbit, but strangely noticeable!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 876138

Recently moved to Dallas, and noticed it last night: big bright, low in the horizon and a perfect bowl-like smile.

Where I lived before was a much higher latitude, so it looked different, and this definitely caught my eye, but there's nothing wrong with it...

Some good photos of this phase:

[link to www.cultcase.com]

[link to theragblog.blogspot.com]

Here's the best explaination of why this occurs:

[link to www.usatoday.com]
AstromutModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 1134608
United States
01/28/2012 09:03 AM

Report Abusive Post

Lunar phase calendars only show you the phase, not the effect of field rotation. Field rotation varies depending on your location on the ground and on the position of the moon in the sky (in alt-az).
astrobanner2

GLP