Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,333 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 334,139
Pageviews Today: 525,475Threads Today: 200Posts Today: 3,219
05:52 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)

;)
User ID: 22115056
United States
10/05/2012 02:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)
Good work guys - we'll have to keep watching this one!

From the behind data it appears the entire CME is 'forward' facing [link to stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov] you can make out the CME faintly which means it is definitely this side - still need more data.

I know Earths' Magnetic Footprint was just over the Western Limb earlier Today but according to the Protons etc. it appears that we have a Geo-effective Filament/s CME.

I need to just have a smoke a second Folks - be back now : )
 Quoting: Spittin'Cesium

footpoint! :)

People want to think of this as as Earth's "footprint" (because of the relative size 1 /1,ooo,ooo,ooo the size of the Sun), but this line of thinking is incorrect.
The connection point to the Corona is a "footpoint"

I held back from correcting anyone using inappropriate terminology, as I never wanted to come off as arrogant, but now the internet is becomming corrupted with " Earths Footprint" as opposed to the the footpoint location.
I litterally taught the class in this forum over magnetic reconnection a couple of yrs ago. I believe you can find the information here on this thread, although you will have read it from the beginning; so
try one of the pages within the first couple of months if interested,.

Its alright though..the whole internet is now convoluted with "footprint"and it was my responsibility to correct people a couple of yrs ago to prevent the problem.
The "Point" of connection to the
Solar surface by magnetic field lines from the Earth allow charged particles to flow at speeds nearing the "speed of light" when an eruption of charged particles from the solar surface is directly proportional to a magnetic connection!

SOO!

Point of connnection..

Using our three-dimensional MHD code we have studied the dynamic evolution of a non-symmetric magnetotail configuration, initiated by the sudden occurrence of (anomalous) resistivity. The initial configuration included variations in all three space dimensions, consistent with average tail observations. In addition, it was skewed due to the presence of a net cross-tail magnetic field component ByN with a magnitude as typically observed, so that it lacked commonly assumed mirror symmetries around the midnight meridian and the equatorial planes. The field evolution was found to be very similar to that of a symmetric configuration studied earlier (e.g., Birn and Hones, 1981), indicating plasmoid formation and ejection. The most noticeable new feature in the evolution of the individual field components is a reduction of By on the reconnected dipole-like field lines earthward from the reconnection region. The topological structure of the magnetic field, however, defined by the field line connections, shows remarkable differences from the symmetric case, consistent with conclusions by Hughes and Sibeck (1987) and Birn et al. (1989). The plasmoid, which is a magnetically separate entity in the symmetric case, becomes “open”, connected initially with the Earth, but getting gradually connected with the interplanetary field, as reconnection of lobe field lines proceeds from the midnight region to the flanks of the tail. The separation of the plasmoid from the Earth is thus found to take a finite amount of time. When the plasmoid begins to separate from the Earth, a filamentary structure of field connections develops, not present in the spatial variation of the fields; this confirms predictions by Birn et al. (1989). A localization of the electric field parallel to the magnetic field is found consistent with conclusions on general magnetic reconnection (Schindler et al., 1988a,b; Hesse and Schindler, 1988). The effect of E∥, integrated along field lines, is found to be maximal on field lines near the plasma sheet/lobe interface. The “footprints” of these regions at the near-Earth boundary show a clottiness, reflecting the filamentary structure of the field connections, but not present in the spatial structure of the field itself.

[link to www.agu.org]
Spittin'Cesium

User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
10/05/2012 02:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to sdodata.oma.be]

on the movie...it kinda looks like something started on the other side of the CH and worked around.
 Quoting: mistersplinter

We can better see the beginning of this event on here [link to sdodata.oma.be] should look even better in a few updates : )

Thanks again Splinter!

Thank YOU, my friend, for catching this in the first place!!

thumbs

Well if I did'nt one of us would have : )

The 48hr UV looks pretty neat so far also [link to sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov] though all are still not showing full detachment of the whatever it is : )
The thing that hath been,
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:1
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
10/05/2012 02:55 AM
Report Abusive Post

From the behind data it appears the entire CME is 'forward' facing [link to stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov] you can make out the CME faintly which means it is definitely this side - still need more data.

I know Earths' Magnetic Footprint was just over the Western Limb earlier Today but according to the Protons etc. it appears that we have a Geo-effective Filament/s CME.

People want to think of this as as Earth's "footprint" (because of the relative size 1 /1,ooo,ooo,ooo the size of the Sun), but this line of thinking is incorrect.

I held back from correcting anyone using inappropriate terminology, as I never wanted to come off as arrogant, but now the internet is becomming corrupted with " Earths Footprint" as opposed to the the footpoint location.
I litterally taught the class in this forum over magnetic reconnection a couple of yrs ago. I believe you can find the information here on this thread, although you will have read it from the beginning; so

Its alright though..the whole internet is now convoluted with "footprint"and it was my responsibility to correct people a couple of yrs ago to prevent the problem.
Solar surface by magnetic field lines from the Earth allow charged particles to flow at speeds nearing the "speed of light" when an eruption of charged particles from the solar surface is directly proportional to a magnetic connection!

SOO!

Point of connnection..

Using our three-dimensional MHD code we have studied the dynamic evolution of a non-symmetric magnetotail configuration, initiated by the sudden occurrence of (anomalous) resistivity. The initial configuration included variations in all three space dimensions, consistent with average tail observations. In addition, it was skewed due to the presence of a net cross-tail magnetic field component ByN with a magnitude as typically observed, so that it lacked commonly assumed mirror symmetries around the midnight meridian and the equatorial planes. The field evolution was found to be very similar to that of a symmetric configuration studied earlier (e.g., Birn and Hones, 1981), indicating plasmoid formation and ejection. The most noticeable new feature in the evolution of the individual field components is a reduction of By on the reconnected dipole-like field lines earthward from the reconnection region. The topological structure of the magnetic field, however, defined by the field line connections, shows remarkable differences from the symmetric case, consistent with conclusions by Hughes and Sibeck (1987) and Birn et al. (1989). The plasmoid, which is a magnetically separate entity in the symmetric case, becomes “open”, connected initially with the Earth, but getting gradually connected with the interplanetary field, as reconnection of lobe field lines proceeds from the midnight region to the flanks of the tail. The separation of the plasmoid from the Earth is thus found to take a finite amount of time. When the plasmoid begins to separate from the Earth, a filamentary structure of field connections develops, not present in the spatial variation of the fields; this confirms predictions by Birn et al. (1989). A localization of the electric field parallel to the magnetic field is found consistent with conclusions on general magnetic reconnection (Schindler et al., 1988a,b; Hesse and Schindler, 1988). The effect of E∥, integrated along field lines, is found to be maximal on field lines near the plasma sheet/lobe interface. The “footprints” of these regions at the near-Earth boundary show a clottiness, reflecting the filamentary structure of the field connections, but not present in the spatial structure of the field itself.

[link to www.agu.org]
 Quoting: ;) 22115056

Thank you for that : )
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Isis One

User ID: 14343270
United States
10/05/2012 02:56 AM

Report Abusive Post
Thank you for the footpoint correction, the last paragraph got a little beyond me though
Spread the word, change the collective conscious......
THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING TO GO AROUND

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
10/05/2012 03:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

SOO!

Point of connnection..

[link to www.agu.org]

The Earth is at anyone time Magnetically tethered to more than just one specific location,no?

It is these Magnetic lines of connection that allow for the near light speed effects of Solar Events within these regions due to the 'Magnetic Portals' that exist as a result.

Thank you again for posting this.

Is that Hugh by the way!?

: )
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
10/05/2012 03:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

SOO!

Point of connnection..

[link to www.agu.org]

Please don't ever hold back from re-correcting anything you see that may be incorrectly explained here - re-corrections are(obviously)vital to the whole point of the thread : )

So please,do not hold back,ever!
is That which shall be;
Isis One

United States
10/05/2012 03:16 AM

Report Abusive Post
Stereo Ahead Video up to now [link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov] and [link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov]

So it's not the largest of CMEs' we've seen - But it's still fairly 'Straight on'.

Those never load for me :(
 Quoting: Isis One

right click...then choose 'save link as'(firefox) and save it to your desktop...then go double click them. They load horribly inside a browser for me too.

I have no idea how, but I got it to work!!!! Good vids SC, tx, splinter

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
10/05/2012 03:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm just going top take my little Fella' Major Thom for his Morning Walkies - My bestest Friend he is!

He got attacked the other Day by some thick as Pig Shite Meat-heads dumb fat Dog - Pissed me right off - Poor Major Thom..all he wants to do is run and have fun..I can't stand Meatheads and their Dogs that they appear to use to make up for their lack of Penis or Manhood in general.

Grrr!

See you in a little bit Sol Brothers and Sisters : )
is That which shall be;
mistersplinter

User ID: 12261497
United States
10/05/2012 03:17 AM

Report Abusive Post
I'm just going top take my little Fella' Major Thom for his Morning Walkies - My bestest Friend he is!

He got attacked the other Day by some thick as Pig Shite Meat-heads dumb fat Dog - Pissed me right off - Poor Major Thom..all he wants to do is run and have fun..I can't stand Meatheads and their Dogs that they appear to use to make up for their lack of Penis or Manhood in general.

Grrr!

See you in a little bit Sol Brothers and Sisters : )

rockon
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." -- Albert Einstein
Isis One

United States
10/05/2012 03:20 AM

Report Abusive Post
SC, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel, LOL, I am sorry for Thom, poor pup!! Aggressive dogs kind o terrify me.

I'm off to slumber land, great job night crew, see you all menyana!

#Geomagnetic_Storm#

User ID: 1426914
United States
10/05/2012 03:22 AM

Report Abusive Post
What exactly happend with the solar weather in the past hour. I was at a hookah lounge and on my mobile phone and was confused to what erupted?
Geoshill

Link to my Gaming Channel….
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
mistersplinter

User ID: 12261497
United States
10/05/2012 03:31 AM

Report Abusive Post
new frame added:

[link to sdodata.oma.be]

this thing is looking pretty cool on the movie

thumbs
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." -- Albert Einstein
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22115056
United States
10/05/2012 03:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
20 min after i adjust a pic from ISWA to 640 x 420 for you guys I remember..umm

Upload to where?

hah

gota love it!

get it from here if you want.

[link to iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov]

Thanks for all of the fun.

I have to look in at least a month.

Never want to offend anyone..

Karma hugs all around!

Now get back to work!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24997776
Australia
10/05/2012 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
this thread is BS
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

United States
10/05/2012 04:32 AM

Report Abusive Post
this thread is BS
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24997776

And why do you say that?
Geoshill

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22290042
United Kingdom
10/05/2012 04:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
this thread is BS

Whatever gave you that opinion?
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

United States
10/05/2012 05:03 AM

Report Abusive Post
this thread is BS

Whatever gave you that opinion?
 Quoting: Elemental

He probably doesn't know squat about solar weather. He's one of those people that say that there is no such thing as sun doom and nothing happens when we get CME's, or he's just trollin.
Geoshill

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24266114
United States
10/05/2012 05:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Gooooood morning fellow BSers !!! chuckle

Well looking at the SDO angstrom 304 this morning from overnight, I see a huge build up of energy originating around 1584, that is feeding the filament hanging off the south pole at this time. It also seems as though there is some ejecta from that area.

The filament is definitely building out further and further from the surface, liftoff maybe imminent, and IMHO, would definitely be geoeffective here ....

I have to be honest, the theories you guys are presenting are way over my head, or maybe just too "theoretical" 1dunno1 so I cannot participate any further in that discussion, but please give us all a heads up if necessary

hf

Welcome back Shada !!!!
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

United States
10/05/2012 05:43 AM

Report Abusive Post

Well looking at the SDO angstrom 304 this morning from overnight, I see a huge build up of energy originating around 1584, that is feeding the filament hanging off the south pole at this time. It also seems as though there is some ejecta from that area.

The filament is definitely building out further and further from the surface, liftoff maybe imminent, and IMHO, would definitely be geoeffective here ....

I have to be honest, the theories you guys are presenting are way over my head, or maybe just too "theoretical" 1dunno1 so I cannot participate any further in that discussion, but please give us all a heads up if necessary

hf

Welcome back Shada !!!!
 Quoting: TS66

Good morning and thank you for that update. abduct
Geoshill

Tiny Trink

User ID: 24908218
United States
10/05/2012 07:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello Everyone,

We have 3 min of news today.

[link to www.youtube.com]

Tiny Trink, Double T, Tink Tink, T x 2

"You are responsible for the Energy you bring into a space" ~ Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

Shine Brightly as someone is needing your Inner Light to find theirs.
Tiny Trink

United States
10/05/2012 07:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just wanted to add that it is snowing in Colorado this morning. Hello winter!

shiver

Have a good one!

"You are responsible for the Energy you bring into a space" ~ Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16845676
United States
10/05/2012 08:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is Ninzrez ok not on for 5 days??hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 08:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Goofy for God

She has been here, just doesn't always sign in wink

Hey Tink hi
shadasonic

User ID: 15732022
United States
10/05/2012 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
20 min after i adjust a pic from ISWA to 640 x 420 for you guys I remember..umm

Upload to where?

hah

gota love it!

get it from here if you want.

[link to iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov]

Thanks for all of the fun.

I have to look in at least a month.

Never want to offend anyone..

Karma hugs all around!

Now get back to work!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22115056

Hiya Buddy :)
Thanks for the info! You've always had that special insight!

Last Edited by Thinking out loud on 10/05/2012 09:12 AM
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
Tiny Trink

United States
10/05/2012 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hey Tink hi

Hi TS hi hugs

Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 09:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hey Tink hi

Hi TS hi hugs
 Quoting: Tiny Trink

hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: Red Hot Solar Ballet))))Weather Channel gone strange

enjoy
shadasonic

United States
10/05/2012 09:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

hf

Welcome back Shada !!!!

Thanks TS! You may be unfriendly to certain terms but you're one smart cookie and can hold your own with anyone!
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
shadasonic

United States
10/05/2012 09:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

Very cool!
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Solar wind spikes [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]

GLP