Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,199 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 910,485
Pageviews Today: 1,623,610Threads Today: 688Posts Today: 12,253
06:29 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)

Solar Guardian

User ID: 27779748
Malaysia
11/15/2012 12:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)
Insiders have confirmed some solar-related problems will occur here on Earth starting from the second-week of December 2012.
Isis One

User ID: 14343270
United States
11/15/2012 12:30 AM

Report Abusive Post
two years ago and today...

[link to www.freeimagehosting.net]

Quoting: Fedex12

Nice shot Fedex! Look how much more hazy the sun was two years ago.
Spread the word, change the collective conscious......
THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING TO GO AROUND

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

User ID: 1426914
United States
11/15/2012 03:29 AM

Report Abusive Post
I interpret Solen's "CME effects" warning to apply to the CME impact that occurred earlier today, not a new CME.

Unrelated, I see some people are trying to ascertain the source of the new earth facing CME (won't be due for arrival for days) [link to iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080]

I find it rather hard to find a source considering the best tools for geoeffective CMEs are the Stereo satellites, and their public offerings are plagued by progressively worse data gaps.... as we all well know :(
 Quoting: madajs

Wheres the direct link to this model??? I can never freakin find it.
Geoshill

Link to my Gaming Channel….
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
madajs

User ID: 24791599
Canada
11/15/2012 03:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
I interpret Solen's "CME effects" warning to apply to the CME impact that occurred earlier today, not a new CME.

Unrelated, I see some people are trying to ascertain the source of the new earth facing CME (won't be due for arrival for days) [link to iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080]

I find it rather hard to find a source considering the best tools for geoeffective CMEs are the Stereo satellites, and their public offerings are plagued by progressively worse data gaps.... as we all well know :(

Quoting: #Geomagnetic_Storm#

Can you elaborate a bit more on what it is you are looking for?
And always, he fought the temptation to choose a clear, safe course, warning: "That path leads ever down into stagnation."
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

United States
11/15/2012 03:54 AM

Report Abusive Post

The CME model you posted. I can find the one on the main integrated space weather website, but I can never actually post the link? Sorry for being so confusing.
Geoshill

madajs

Canada
11/15/2012 04:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

The CME model you posted. I can find the one on the main integrated space weather website, but I can never actually post the link? Sorry for being so confusing.

Hi geo. Ok I think I understand now. The way I link to specific model runs of the iswa enlil cygnet is to edit the time stamp of the CME into the link used above. I know you can also link to a specific iswa layout setup (like this [link to iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov] ), but I don't like that method as much, as it loads slow imo. Cheers :)

PS. just in case you dont know how to generate a layout link, click the 'save layout' button on the top bar of the iswa page

Last Edited by madajs on 11/15/2012 04:42 AM
And always, he fought the temptation to choose a clear, safe course, warning: "That path leads ever down into stagnation."
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

United States
11/15/2012 04:29 AM

Report Abusive Post

Hi geo. Ok I think I understand now. The way I link to specific model runs of the iswa enlil cygnet is to edit the time stamp of the CME into the link used above. I know you can also link to a specific iswa layout setup (like this [link to iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov] ), but I don't like that method as much, as it loads slow imo. Cheers :)

Ok. Thanks hf
Geoshill

Tiny Trink

User ID: 26982514
United States
11/15/2012 07:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good Morning,

Stay Safe and Balanced.

Vibrate do not Fixate. ~ Shad

Shine Brightly.

Much Love,

[link to www.youtube.com]

Tiny Trink, Double T, Tink Tink, T x 2

"You are responsible for the Energy you bring into a space" ~ Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

Shine Brightly as someone is needing your Inner Light to find theirs.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26570785
United States
11/15/2012 07:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well we've had a couple of moderate earth facing flares. I'll post this hoping we can keep track, as all seem to have potential impacts in the coming days.

At the end of the 14th we had a C1.3 from 1613
[link to www.lmsal.com]
/gev_20121114_2333.html

:C1.3:
:farside1:

A B8.2 from 1611
[link to www.lmsal.com] Missing data on seeds from 01:25-08:36

a C6.3 from 1610
[link to www.lmsal.com]

A C2.8 from 1613
[link to www.lmsal.com]

:C6.3C2.8:

You may have toswitch out 1613 and 1610 on these last two I'm not completely sure due to location/CME strength.

:C6.3:

Movie:

[link to spaceweather.gmu.edu]
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/15/2012 07:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
stereo hasn't updated for 13 hours
rant
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2159872

"Deep Space Network schedule conflicts with other missions are expected to result in significant data gaps starting in mid-November 2012, and continuing for several months." [link to stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov]

I hadn't seen this before. Well that explains the shoddy service we've been getting from STEREO.

This explanation of missing pertinent information may come in handy for them through the peak of Solar Max. Not so much us ....

sad
shadasonic

User ID: 15732022
United States
11/15/2012 07:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well we've had a couple of moderate earth facing flares. I'll post this hoping we can keep track, as all seem to have potential impacts in the coming days.

At the end of the 14th we had a C1.3 from 1613
[link to www.lmsal.com]
/gev_20121114_2333.html

:C1.3:
farside1

A B8.2 from 1611
[link to www.lmsal.com] Missing data on seeds from 01:25-08:36

a C6.3 from 1610
[link to www.lmsal.com]

A C2.8 from 1613
[link to www.lmsal.com]

:C6.3C2.8:

Please switch out 1613 and 1610 on these last too, oops.

:C6.3:

Movie:

Quoting: TS66

Nice work TS!
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
miabelieves
User ID: 1458422
United States
11/15/2012 07:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
rant

"Deep Space Network schedule conflicts with other missions are expected to result in significant data gaps starting in mid-November 2012, and continuing for several months." [link to stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov]

I hadn't seen this before. Well that explains the shoddy service we've been getting from STEREO.

Does this really surprise anyone. I have wondered now for a bit (tin foil hat on) if all the data is precise or just what they "want" us to see. You all have been mistified about protons and such coming in at a time you did not expect it. All of it has me SMH.
shenue

User ID: 5263313
United States
11/15/2012 08:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
good morning all
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/15/2012 08:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
And another earth facing C3.2/1615

[link to www.lmsal.com]

[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]

CME 1dunno1

:datagap:
muse_1111

User ID: 26558348
United States
11/15/2012 09:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good Morning,

Stay Safe and Balanced.

Vibrate do not Fixate. ~ Shad

Shine Brightly.

Much Love,

[link to www.youtube.com]

Quoting: Tiny Trink

Good morning! Is the 3-minute news link working for anyone? I click on the embeded video and there is nothing. I even linked to YouTube, but the video shows to be at 0 min of 0 min long. It doesn't do anything when I hit play.

Edited: I was able to get it to play off of YouTube through a different link. [link to www.youtube.com]

Last Edited by muse_1111 on 11/15/2012 09:44 AM
madajs

Canada
11/15/2012 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.lmsal.com]

CME 1dunno1

Haha I love it :)
optimum judgment

User ID: 24021617
United Kingdom
11/15/2012 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
From Solen -

'Forecast

The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to major storm on November 14 due to CME effects and quiet to unsettled on November 15-16
' [link to www.solen.info]

Does anyone remember which CME this would be due to?

We had this One on the 11th [link to www.sidc.oma.be] could it be that dirty looking ripping Filament CME or was it another!?

Anyone?

?
 Quoting: Spittin'Cesium

hi SC what do you know about meteor detection?
Cos the site i use is giving a really unusual signature, never seen it b4 what do you recon...

[link to www.meteorscan.com]

????????
 Quoting: optimum judgment

Hello there OJ : )

NiNz and I went through this a few Weeks ago,The equipment picks up more than just Meteors,it will display most any Energy event(within certain parameters)within our Atmospheres - What you are looking at(that looks wild by the way!)is due to Tropospheric Conditions due to the Geo-storming recently...If you look next time we have a Geo-storm you will see the continuous Wave Signal that is presently displayed.

You can find out more about the site by going through the panels on the page and having a dig,here is what I snipped for you regarding 'Enhanced Tropospheric and Sporadic E-Propagation Conditions' -

Snipped -

'Radio Propagation Experiments

Solar activity plays a major role in radio communications. We carry out experiments on various wavelengths examining the relationship between Solar activity and Radio Communications. In addition we also experiment with radio wave meteor scatter and sometimes communicate with other radio stations over thousands of miles using these reflected radio waves.

We utilise two main sites for ionospheric propagation testing and observations. The Observatory at Sidmouth and another site near Ventnor Radar Station on the Isle of Wight.

The meteor radar detection system is also useful for predicting VHF tropospheric propagation. Look for a continuous trace. The continuous wave carrier is received directly during enhanced tropospheric and sporadic-E propagation conditions
'. [link to www.meteorscan.com] .

Hope that helps you a bitsunhf
 Quoting: SC 14589973

This site is linked out of the Meteor Detection site [link to www.hamqsl.com] It has lot of Solar/Radio information if you want to find out more.
 Quoting: SC 14589973

Thanks SC just what i was looking for helps a lot..!applause2
Spittin'Cesium

User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
11/15/2012 01:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm not sure where this new Earth-directed CME originated, but maybe someone else knows. I tried to narrow it down to two suspects. The first was from the last M flare @ approx. 04:00z 11/14:

CACTus Details:
[link to www.sidc.oma.be]

SEEDS Movie:

The second is the large, bright eruption from beyond the east limb @ around 12:00z. This is classified a Type II Halo, but I can't fathom how it could be geo-effective....you decide:

CACTus Details:

SEEDS Movie:

explosionahhhexplosion
 Quoting: Hugh M Eye

Strange - The CME I was thinking was shown on the Model,this One [link to www.sidc.oma.be] is now classified a type IV Halo Event - It was a Type III Yesterday(sure of it) - Anyhoo',this was the One I suppose.

Good Evening Sols and Brolssunhf

Edit:Sorry Confusion,I was thinking about the other 6 Index Alert posted Yesterday and not the CME on the Model : )

I think I need some Coffee,bloody brainz.

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 11/15/2012 02:18 PM
The thing that hath been,
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17357891
United States
11/15/2012 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Insiders have confirmed some solar-related problems will occur here on Earth starting from the second-week of December 2012.
 Quoting: Solar Guardian

Is this the hairy palm network insiders group?
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/15/2012 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.lmsal.com]

CME 1dunno1

Hello 66hf

Earlier on the GOES X-Ray at around 13:00 [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] that hump looks like it may have been a Flare and CME,though it could have just been a Long(ish) Duration Flare.

I've not been on until just now so I'm blinded by lack of insight into this events,I need to do a bit of scanning I suppose.

Oh,One thing - Anyone else not able to pull up the Meteor Detection site?
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26174012
United Kingdom
11/15/2012 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.lmsal.com]

CME 1dunno1

Hello 66hf

Earlier on the GOES X-Ray at around 13:00 [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] that hump looks like it may have been a Flare and CME,though it could have just been a Long(ish) Duration Flare.

I've not been on until just now so I'm blinded by lack of insight into this events,I need to do a bit of scanning I suppose.

No problem here even though you have to refresh a couple of times to see the image...

Nacht im Walde

User ID: 27798824
Germany
11/15/2012 02:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

right.... like the one in September?
We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/15/2012 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just quickly scanning this [link to sdodata.oma.be] 1610 around half way through fires off and appears to release a CME and 1613 can be seen to fire some very long Surges that may well have ejected a little as well.

Surge - Those long finger like protrusions that are usually sucked straight back in again.
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/15/2012 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.lmsal.com]

CME 1dunno1

Hello 66hf

No problem here even though you have to refresh a couple of times to see the image...

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26174012

Strange,thank you - the link is now working fine,must have been a temporary glitch.
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/15/2012 02:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm not sure where this new Earth-directed CME originated, but maybe someone else knows. I tried to narrow it down to two suspects. The first was from the last M flare @ approx. 04:00z 11/14:

CACTus Details:

SEEDS Movie:

The second is the large, bright eruption from beyond the east limb @ around 12:00z. This is classified a Type II Halo, but I can't fathom how it could be geo-effective....you decide:

CACTus Details:

SEEDS Movie:

explosionahhhexplosion
 Quoting: Hugh M Eye

Strange - The CME I was thinking was shown on the Model,this One [link to www.sidc.oma.be] is now classified a type IV Halo Event - It was a Type III Yesterday(sure of it) - Anyhoo',this was the One I suppose.

Good Evening Sols and Brolssunhf

Look at the Velocities of that CME [link to www.sidc.oma.be] pretty Faasssttttt hey!?
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/15/2012 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17357891

No,that is his Yeti Round Table,this info comes from his advanced Alien contacts,Jill and Bob.
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/15/2012 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
rant

This explanation of missing pertinent information may come in handy for them through the peak of Solar Max. Not so much us ....

sad

Don't get sad

Getahabout it!

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 11/15/2012 02:21 PM
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17357891
United States
11/15/2012 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17357891

No,that is his Yeti Round Table,this info comes from his advanced Alien contacts,Jill and Bob.

lmao
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/15/2012 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Check it out,from 1988 -

Snipped -

'The Earth's magnetosphere is host to remarkable very low frequency (VLF) electromagnetic signals of natural origin. One of these, called a whistler, originates in lightning. Others, such as hiss and chorus, originate within the plasma itself. They are important for at least three reasons. First, they reveal the properties of the plasma through which they travel and thus can be used as remote sensing tools. Second, their high intensity and narrow bandwidths indicate the presence of a previously unknown kind of wave particle interaction that converts the kinetic energy of charged particles to coherent electromagnetic radiation. This process is called the coherent wave instability (CWI). Third, energetic charged particles are precipitated into the ionosphere through resonant scattering by these same waves, causing enhanced thermal ionization, X rays, light, and heat. To better understand and use the CWI, controlled VLF signals have been injected into the magnetosphere from Siple Station, Antarctica and received on satellites and near the conjugate point in Quebec, Canada. In addition to reproducing many puzzling natural phenomena, these experiments have provided critical new data on the CWI, laying a foundation for various theories and computer simulations. Key findings are as follows: 1) Coherent VLF signals often exhibit exponential temporal growth (&#8764;30 dB) and saturation at levels estimated to be of order 5 pT. 2) Temporal growth requires that the input signal exceed a threshold that varies widely with time. The probable cause of the growth threshold is in situ background noise that reduces the efficiency of phase bunching by a coherent input signal whose intensity is comparable to the noise level within the frequency band of the interaction (&#8764;100 hz). 3) Narrowband triggered emissions can be entrained by Siple frequency ramps of different slope but of much lower (&#8722;20 dB) amplitude. The mechanism of entrainment is not yet understood. 4) For two equal amplitude input waves spaced 20 Hz apart, the temporal growth of each component is almost totally suppressed. For larger spacings, 40–100 Hz, the lower frequency is more suppressed than the upper. For 10 < &#916;ƒ < 100 Hz, unsymmetrical sidebands at integer multiples (up to seventh order) of &#916;ƒ are created, along with subharmonics. The integer sidebands are attributed to emission growth triggered by one beat and suppressed by the next. Taken together, the spectrum of the stimulated sidebands and sub-harmonics is thus more noise-like than the transmitted spectrum. 5) Simulated hiss shows coalescence of selected noise wavelets into longer and stronger chorus-like emissions, suggesting that chorus and hiss originate in the same mechanism. Future objectives of a VLF wave injection facility include (1) new experiments on the physics of wave growth and wave-induced particle scattering and precipitation, (2) testing of the predictions of theories of VLF wave-particle interaction, (3) development of new techniques for remote sensing and control of space plasmas using VLF techniques, and (4) improvements in the design and operation of VLF communication and navigation systems'. [link to www.agu.org] (Just a abstract)

DunDunDaaaaaaa!

Megabump

Superzombies

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 11/15/2012 03:03 PM
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/15/2012 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
These agencies never cease to amaze me.

We can do it, so let's give a whirl and see what happens ......

GLP