Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,105 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 147,969
Pageviews Today: 249,610Threads Today: 84Posts Today: 1,204
02:33 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)

Spittin'Cesium

User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
11/17/2012 09:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)
Do they also analyze far side events ??

No it's not that bad at all actually ... thanks Cesium hf
 Quoting: TS66

Knew you'd get it : )

Oh,we have Space Weather by the way Folks [link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] [link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov]

And the Magnetosphere/pause Sims. [link to iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] <--- Only the last 30 Updates but I think that's all that's needed as this looks like it only begun not long ago at all.

Not sure where or why though yet : ?

Anyone?
The thing that hath been,
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26570785
United States
11/17/2012 09:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Nevermind, answered my own question.

I get the "c"s, but what do the "f"s stand for on the detectionmap ???
shadasonic

User ID: 15732022
United States
11/17/2012 09:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Comet?
 Quoting: whiteangel

Eh?

Did you watch the video Angel?

Definitely not a Comet,definitely not.
 Quoting: Spittin'Cesium

The interesting thing was when the thread was first posted the ISS group made it sound like it was a large piece of debris heading their way, then they got nervous about something and you couldn't make out what was said.
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 09:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

Nevermind, answered my own question.

I get the "c"s, but what do the "f"s stand for on the detectionmap ???

I cannae' see any C's or F's!?

You'll have to point me to them 66 as I can't see any!?
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/17/2012 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Graph on the right hand side, they call it a detectionmap. Suspicious flows are in dark blue ....

[link to www.sidc.oma.be]
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/17/2012 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

Oh,we have Space Weather by the way Folks [link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] [link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov]

And the Magnetosphere/pause Sims. [link to iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] <--- Only the last 30 Updates but I think that's all that's needed as this looks like it only begun not long ago at all.

Anyone?

Interesting but yet again .... I see it starting at @ 07:48 UTC

:iswa17:

[link to iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov]

1dunno1
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Graph on the right hand side, they call it a detectionmap. Suspicious flows are in dark blue ....

Oh yes,of cause - Those pesky Letters...I am not certain at all on those but what I notice is that with each Letter there is a corresponding Colour associated and as you go up the table the Numbers increase - I am not sure at all,I think that is a question for Hugh as he introduced me to that page.

Along the Bottom of that table is listed (S)outh (W)est (N)orth (E)ast - If I stare at it for long enough the penny might eventually drop,but alas that may take Minutes to Days so I shall not be attempting that(I have done similar with many strange graphs/tables Lmao!)

No,I think it best to wait for Hugh on that One,or One of our other Folks out there to answer that : )
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/17/2012 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

Oh yes,of cause - Those pesky Letters...I am not certain at all on those but what I notice is that with each Letter there is a corresponding Colour associated and as you go up the table the Numbers increase - I am not sure at all,I think that is a question for Hugh as he introduced me to that page.

Along the Bottom of that table is listed (S)outh (W)est (N)orth (E)ast - If I stare at it for long enough the penny might eventually drop,but alas that may take Minutes to Days so I shall not be attempting that(I have done similar with many strange graphs/tables Lmao!)

No,I think it best to wait for Hugh on that One,or One of our other Folks out there to answer that : )

Well the "c" is the CME # it corresponds to on the left. I'd also like to know the color codes.

I'll look around some more.

BTW you can click on the "detectionmap" and get the same corresponding CACTUS info as on the list on the left.

Very cool .... now if I only remember to use it !!!!
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

Anyone?

1dunno1

Is that from the 24 Hour Cygnet?

If so,how long did it read like that,or was it temporary?

Hold on,I'm just checking the individual ccmc updates...Ok,so the update just prior to your timestamp above - the ACE data shows from 07:30 a increase in SW Speed about to pick up a little as well as Density and a small rise in Temp. though no drastic Polarity swings [link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] and then at the time you show [link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] So,basically I think it is due to the increase in SW and Density potentially due to a small CH that went mostly unnoticed due to it's size/depth perhaps - Solen have just put this up on Forecast -

'Forecast

The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to occasionally unsettled on November 17-19'. [link to www.solen.info]

Though it doesn't list why that may be - considering the SW I'd have to say CH Stream,no!?

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 11/17/2012 10:37 AM
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/17/2012 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

Anyone?

1dunno1

Hold on,I'm just checking the individual ccmc updates...Ok,so the update just prior to your timestamp above - the ACE data shows from 07:30 a increase in SW Speed about to pick up a little as well as Density and a small rise in Temp. though no drastic Polarity swings [link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] and then at the time you show [link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] So,basically I think it is due to the increase in SW and Density potentially due to a small CH that went mostly unnoticed due to it's size/depth perhaps - Solen have just put this up on Forecast -

'Forecast

The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to occasionally unsettled on November 17-19'. [link to www.solen.info]

Though it doesn't list why that may be - considering the SW I'd have to say CH Stream,no!?

You have to edit the time, and hit apply. I went 100 frames back.
...... or possibly a near halo event at 07:00:07 ???
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

Well the "c" is the CME # it corresponds to on the left. I'd also like to know the color codes.

I'll look around some more.

BTW you can click on the "detectionmap" and get the same corresponding CACTUS info as on the list on the left.

Very cool .... now if I only remember to use it !!!!

Yes,you'll notice that the Halo Events are spread out horizontally depending on their Type,a Type IV will be spread Left to Right.
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

Anyone?

1dunno1

'Forecast

...... or possibly a near halo event at 07:00:07 ???

If there were to be a Halo event at that time it would'nt have hit us for a while after though - Or are you thinking Magnetic Portal wise!?
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Before I forget,here is the latest EVE Rotation movie [link to sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov] I Luv those : )
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/17/2012 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Before I forget,here is the latest EVE Rotation movie [link to sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov] I Luv those : )

Nice ....

What I'm referring to is the initial hit from an emission. Radio waves, dB absorption etc .... not the reulting CME (if any) that may result days later.

Gobal D will light up following a good size event, regardless if we ever get a CME or not.

[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]

Now, I have to get going before my husband fire's me !!! LOL.

(Not a chance wink)
shadasonic

United States
11/17/2012 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

Wow is right!! Good grief
 Quoting: whiteangel

Hello Angel and Cosmo - That video,those are clearly mirror images ie.One half is reflected exactly on the other - I would say that must be a gitch,I see Clouds circulating the wrong direction.

Hmmm?

Hi SC, I'm so glad you posted the mirror image thing...

Kind of laughing at myself right now. I saw this video right when it had been posted here yesterday and started to watch it. Very quickly, I realized it was just mirror imaging and wrote a post here about it. Then I went back to my post to edit and remove what I had said because I was afraid I was incorrect and was simply making a fool of myself by posting that. I should have left the post as it was instead of editing it and leaving an empty post. For once I would have been right about something on this thread. LOL

Oh and.... :Coffee sunrise c: everyone!
 Quoting: shenue

Good Day Shensunhf

You should have posted your opinion and not been worried that it may have been incorrect as it would have been your own opinion and that is nothing to ever be ashamed of,regardless.

Also,you are correct about many things as well as always asking pertinent questions,don't sell yourself short me Luvly : )

Did your hubby work on designing the detectors in the probes by the way or is he 'just' a rocket Man!?

I'm wrong on alot Shen, but it helps you realize and gain insight and makes you a better sleuth,so post away you've got a good mind
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
shadasonic

United States
11/17/2012 11:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

I thought the flow # was energy expenditures caught but not Cme ejecta related,but I could be wrong( energy crackles)
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/17/2012 11:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

I thought the flow # was energy expenditures caught but not Cme ejecta related,but I could be wrong( energy crackles)
 Quoting: shadasonic

Of course "f" = Flow. Thanks Shada ... don't why I missed that.

According to the site :

Flow: Flow number. Flows are suspicious detections, their color in the detectionmap is dark blue.

There has to be more to the color coding.
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
We just had a newbie region Flare [link to sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov] North-East [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] .
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: shadasonic

Of course "f" = Flow. Thanks Shada ... don't why I missed that.

According to the site :

Flow: Flow number. Flows are suspicious detections, their color in the detectionmap is dark blue.

There has to be more to the color coding.

Yes,that was what I'm trying to figure out - it doesn't appear to be related to location as the Colours are across Never Eat Shredded Wheat.
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 11:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
We just had a newbie region Flare [link to sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov] North-East [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] .

I don't think it is Numbered yet,perhaps 1619!?
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

I don't think it is Numbered yet,perhaps 1619!?

From Solen regarding this region -

'New region S2059 [N11E76] rotated into view with a tiny spot. The region has reversed polarities. The region may have been the source of the largest flare of the day, an impuslive C8.4 event at 15:39 UTC'. [link to www.solen.info] <--- That is where the last Flare came from.
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/17/2012 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
See this is what I'm talking about Cesium. We have a C1.3 flare

Global d absorption rises within minutes

And the impact on iswa

We may never get a CME, but you can see the effects of the flare almost immediately.

Am I just confusing everyone more ???
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

And the impact on iswa

We may never get a CME, but you can see the effects of the flare almost immediately.

No,not at all - That is why I asked you earlier if you meant 'Magnetic Portal Wise' with regard to your suspected halo Event : )

It is via Magnetic Portals that we receive instant correlations from events - almost instantaneous effects.

Also,all Flares on the Earth facing disc reach us at Light Speed anyway due to their nature,that being Lighthf

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 11/17/2012 11:41 AM
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/17/2012 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

And the impact on iswa

No,not at all - That is why I asked you earlier if you meant 'Magnetic Portal Wise' with regard to your suspected halo Event : )

It is via Magnetic Portals that we receive instant correlations from events - almost instantaneous effects.

Also,all Flares on the Earth facing disc reach us at Light Speed anyway due to there nature,that being Lighthf

Well yes then, that is what I was referring to ...lol. I wasn't familiar with the term wink
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Massive Backside Halo CME from the 16th [link to sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov] that is what you see on the East of this at the very beginning,it is very quick - Also,Shads 1610 let off a CME in combo. with another region,here is the movie [link to sdodata.oma.be] .
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Where is our NiNz ah !?

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 11/17/2012 12:26 PM
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
We have a CME arrival date -

Event Issue Date: 2012-11-16 09:12:16.0 GMT
CME Arrival Time: 2012-11-19 21:51:02.0 GMT
Arival Time Confidence Level: ± 6 hours
Disturbance Duration: 17 hours
Disturbance Duration Confidence Level: ± 8 hours
Magnetopause Standoff Distance: 6.5 Re
Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:51:02 GMT
Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:51:02 GMT [link to iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov]

Which One is the question?
is That which shall be;
joinca

User ID: 23928361
United States
11/17/2012 12:43 PM

Report Abusive Post
might help.....
snip...
Description of the method
A software package for 'Computer Aided Cme Tracking'
We have developed software that autonomously detects coronal mass ejections (CMEs) in image sequences from LASCO. The output of our software is a list of events, similar to the classical catalogs, with principle angle, angular width and velocity estimation for each CME. In contrast to catalogs assembled by human operators, these CME detections by software can be faster, which is especially important in the context of space weather, and possibly also more objective, as the detection criterion is written explicitly in a program. About 75 % of the catalog CMEs are recovered by the software. Since our software also found CMEs that were previously unreported in the humanly assembled catalogs, we prove that also these catalogs do not have a 100 % success rate.
The method
The link is here: [link to sidc.oma.be]
and here: [link to www.sidc.be]
tantrum
"The government will one day be corrupt and full of liars, and the people will flock to the one that tells the truth." - “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - "A Country with no Border, is not a country" -- Thomas Jefferson

We MUST NEVER forget what Kamala Harris did to Justice Kavanaugh & his family!
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
11/17/2012 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
might help.....
snip...
Description of the method
A software package for 'Computer Aided Cme Tracking'
We have developed software that autonomously detects coronal mass ejections (CMEs) in image sequences from LASCO. The output of our software is a list of events, similar to the classical catalogs, with principle angle, angular width and velocity estimation for each CME. In contrast to catalogs assembled by human operators, these CME detections by software can be faster, which is especially important in the context of space weather, and possibly also more objective, as the detection criterion is written explicitly in a program. About 75 % of the catalog CMEs are recovered by the software. Since our software also found CMEs that were previously unreported in the humanly assembled catalogs, we prove that also these catalogs do not have a 100 % success rate.
The method
The link is here: [link to sidc.oma.be]
and here: [link to www.sidc.be]
tantrum
 Quoting: joinca

The CME I assume is from the Double Eruption on the 16th - A massive Eastern CME and Earth facing Filament Eruption.

Hope you are good JCA : )

is That which shall be;
joinca

User ID: 23928361
United States
11/17/2012 01:03 PM

Report Abusive Post
hope that you are well.
drizzle here in my part of socal. now to go and walk my dog.
ohyeah
"The government will one day be corrupt and full of liars, and the people will flock to the one that tells the truth." - “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - "A Country with no Border, is not a country" -- Thomas Jefferson

We MUST NEVER forget what Kamala Harris did to Justice Kavanaugh & his family!

GLP