Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,928 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 395,100
Pageviews Today: 677,354Threads Today: 325Posts Today: 4,626
07:58 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26570785
United States
11/20/2012 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)
Morning ya'll. OT: Fox is getting ready to report on the Mayan's and end of world. Drives me bonkers. Mayan's never said world going to end. They said beginning of a new age...SMH.
I don't know about ya'll but I find it weird that in 2 days MSM reporting on sun, possible planet and now Mayan.

edit: it's going to be a special they will be talking and investigating the Mayan's.
 Quoting: miabelieves

Mia, tell me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a thread about 10-12 months ago here that the Mayan's were supposed to put out a video documentary, just prior to 2012 explaining the whole thing. I have yet to see it, anyone else remember that, or even better seen this elusive documentary ???
 Quoting: TS66

There was a hiccup in production earlier this year when it was reported that one of the directors had a spat and left the country with some of the film's production footage... At that point it was speculated that the film would never materialize. Then there was an update that the issue was apparently resolved and that the film project would continue but have a release date later than what was originally planned. Hopefully it will be released before the end of the year, lol. I was anxious to see it when I first learned about it. Still am.
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

Me too, even if just for entertainment value !!! Thanks ANHEDONIC hf
Hugh M Eye

User ID: 24287942
United States
11/20/2012 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like a large filament eruption produced a big Earth-directed CME. I don't think it's from the M-flare, although the two events may be related. I'll have to dig for more data on these happenings.

STEREO Ahead movie:

[link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov]

explosionahhhabomb
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/20/2012 10:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Morning ya'll. OT: Fox is getting ready to report on the Mayan's and end of world. Drives me bonkers. Mayan's never said world going to end. They said beginning of a new age...SMH.
I don't know about ya'll but I find it weird that in 2 days MSM reporting on sun, possible planet and now Mayan.

edit: it's going to be a special they will be talking and investigating the Mayan's.

Mia, tell me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a thread about 10-12 months ago here that the Mayan's were supposed to put out a video documentary, just prior to 2012 explaining the whole thing. I have yet to see it, anyone else remember that, or even better seen this elusive documentary ???

There was a hiccup in production earlier this year when it was reported that one of the directors had a spat and left the country with some of the film's production footage... At that point it was speculated that the film would never materialize. Then there was an update that the issue was apparently resolved and that the film project would continue but have a release date later than what was originally planned. Hopefully it will be released before the end of the year, lol. I was anxious to see it when I first learned about it. Still am.

Not sure how much longer than can wait however !!! LOL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/20/2012 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

No problem. cool2

The title of the documentary is supposed to be:

Revelations of the Mayans: 2012 & Beyond
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/20/2012 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

No problem. cool2

The title of the documentary is supposed to be:

Revelations of the Mayans: 2012 & Beyond

I like the "Beyond" part wink
shadasonic

User ID: 15732022
United States
11/20/2012 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like a large filament eruption produced a big Earth-directed CME. I don't think it's from the M-flare, although the two events may be related. I'll have to dig for more data on these happenings.

STEREO Ahead movie:

explosionahhhabomb
 Quoting: Hugh M Eye

I think the shows getting ready to start Hugh, and I think we'll see something out of 1619 soon.
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
Hugh M Eye

United States
11/20/2012 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
This giant Hyder flare/channel eruption is one of the 3 or 4 biggest I've seen. Although the data will be trickling in for the next 20 hours, I'm 99% sure that this CME will be greatly geo-effective. The filament channel eruption was just to the west of 1619 and began before the M-flare from 1611 (west limb). Note: Solarsoft has corrected their initial claim that 1618 produced the M.

SDO composite of hyder flare eruption:

[link to sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov]

We still see loops spreading 2 1/2 hours later:

3 1/2 hours:

HYDER FLARE @AR1619-
:11/20erupt:
EARTHBOUND CME?
:11/20CME-c2a:

EVE x-ray images:

12:20z-
[link to lasp.colorado.edu]

12:40z-
shadasonic

United States
11/20/2012 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to sdodata.oma.be]

That whole western limb is getting jumpy!
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
shadasonic

United States
11/20/2012 11:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
This giant Hyder flare/channel eruption is one of the 3 or 4 biggest I've seen. Although the data will be trickling in for the next 20 hours, I'm 99% sure that this CME will be greatly geo-effective. The filament channel eruption was just to the west of 1619 and began before the M-flare from 1611 (west limb). Note: Solarsoft has corrected their initial claim that 1618 produced the M.

3 1/2 hours:

HYDER FLARE @AR1619-
EARTHBOUND CME?

EVE x-ray images:

Looks to me like we'll catch a load off that one,wow
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28130683
Portugal
11/20/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

3 1/2 hours:

HYDER FLARE @AR1619-
EARTHBOUND CME?

EVE x-ray images:

Looks to me like we'll catch a load off that one,wow
 Quoting: shadasonic

siren2siren2siren2
shadasonic

United States
11/20/2012 11:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080]

I don't think this helps much, and I'm not sure what this similation is showing (which event).

note: this is the early simulation of the filament eruption near 1619

[link to www.solarham.net]

This looks a hell of alot larger than goddards sim.

Last Edited by Thinking out loud on 11/20/2012 12:06 PM
joinca

User ID: 23928361
United States
11/20/2012 12:00 PM

Report Abusive Post
The sun has made the news again:
Giant Sun Eruption Captured in NASA Video
Date: 17 November 2012
The sun unleashed a monster eruption of super-hot plasma Friday (Nov. 16) in back-to-back solar storms captured on camera by a NASA spacecraft.
The giant sun eruption, called a solar prominence, occurred at 1 a.m. EST (0600 GMT), with another event flaring up four hours later. The prominences was so large, it expanded beyond the camera view of NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO), which captured high-definition video of the solar eruption.
The full article and video is here: [link to www.space.com]
coffee4
"The government will one day be corrupt and full of liars, and the people will flock to the one that tells the truth." - “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - "A Country with no Border, is not a country" -- Thomas Jefferson

We MUST NEVER forget what Kamala Harris did to Justice Kavanaugh & his family!
Hugh M Eye

United States
11/20/2012 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
The sun has made the news again:
Giant Sun Eruption Captured in NASA Video
Date: 17 November 2012
The sun unleashed a monster eruption of super-hot plasma Friday (Nov. 16) in back-to-back solar storms captured on camera by a NASA spacecraft.
The giant sun eruption, called a solar prominence, occurred at 1 a.m. EST (0600 GMT), with another event flaring up four hours later. The prominences was so large, it expanded beyond the camera view of NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO), which captured high-definition video of the solar eruption.
The full article and video is here: [link to www.space.com]
coffee4
 Quoting: joinca

Yep, didn't you see they dusted off M. Kaku for his annual Solar Doom Warning-

[link to video.foxnews.com]

Here's his "Solar Katrina" 2012 warning from 2009-

[link to www.youtube.com]

arnoldSolarDoom!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14873148
United States
11/20/2012 12:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone see S0 2 min news this morning? I noticed most of the earth facing sunspots are geomagnetically connected as of this morning about 6 or so when the video was produced presumably. The earth footprint is pretty much directly in front of the location the flare came from wasnt it?
ChiaPet

User ID: 27143617
United States
11/20/2012 12:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
oh gosh, TS, I have watched so many freaking videos but I do recall watching one of a few Mayan leaders talking about what the calenders mean. Let me see if I can find them. Could take me a while.

No no no .... I've seen them too !!! There was supposed to be a new one to come up ... "The real deal" so to speak .... just around this time, that no one has seen I guess. Please, I would never ask you to do my research for me. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of it's release yet.

hf

Good morning. Funny I had a dream about this thread last night/this morning. The discussion was about something that was posted here 1 year ago and was all in caps, and somehow Tiny Trink had missed it. ??? I have no idea what it means, I am new here. Wasn't planning to share until I saw your inquiry then felt compelled to.
Peace all!
~ Matthew 7:16. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns or figs of thistles?
~ Don't worry, be Hopi.
shadasonic

United States
11/20/2012 12:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone see S0 2 min news this morning? I noticed most of the earth facing sunspots are geomagnetically connected as of this morning about 6 or so when the video was produced presumably. The earth footprint is pretty much directly in front of the location the flare came from wasnt it?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14873148

Will be interesting if that eruption near 1619 goes west as I thought we had a good connection with that area
Hugh M Eye

United States
11/20/2012 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
CMEs EXPLAINED- Just in time, haha.

[link to www.youtube.com]
Tiny Trink

User ID: 26982514
United States
11/20/2012 01:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
oh gosh, TS, I have watched so many freaking videos but I do recall watching one of a few Mayan leaders talking about what the calenders mean. Let me see if I can find them. Could take me a while.

No no no .... I've seen them too !!! There was supposed to be a new one to come up ... "The real deal" so to speak .... just around this time, that no one has seen I guess. Please, I would never ask you to do my research for me. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of it's release yet.

hf

Good morning. Funny I had a dream about this thread last night/this morning. The discussion was about something that was posted here 1 year ago and was all in caps, and somehow Tiny Trink had missed it. ??? I have no idea what it means, I am new here. Wasn't planning to share until I saw your inquiry then felt compelled to.
Peace all!
 Quoting: ChiaPet

Hi Chia,

Humm! It would be very possible for me to miss something, however, maybe not in all caps. lol

I am going to go back through this thread and see if anything is in caps. lol

Thanks for sharing. You are always welcome to share even when you think you should not.

hf

Much Love,
Tiny Trink, Double T, Tink Tink, T x 2

"You are responsible for the Energy you bring into a space" ~ Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

Shine Brightly as someone is needing your Inner Light to find theirs.
Hugh M Eye

United States
11/20/2012 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I may be wrong about the CME, it's hard to say as SOHO stopped updating at just the wrong time (as usual). There was obviously a CME from the M-flare as noted by CACTus-

[link to www.sidc.oma.be]

This info will be updated later when we're allowed to see all the pertinent data. Here's the Solarsoft video of the M-flare (now corrected after they embarrassingly posted a vid of 1618 doing nothing much):

Close-up M-flare w/ejecta movie:

[link to sdowww.lmsal.com]

I still believe there was a CME associated with the large channel eruption. The jury is still out until SOHO updates and we see the size and shape of the halo.

A front-side CME appears to be visible from STEREO Behind:

shadasonic

United States
11/20/2012 01:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
I may be wrong about the CME, it's hard to say as SOHO stopped updating at just the wrong time (as usual). There was obviously a CME from the M-flare as noted by CACTus-

This info will be updated later when we're allowed to see all the pertinent data. Here's the Solarsoft video of the M-flare (now corrected after they embarrassingly posted a vid of 1618 doing nothing much):

I still believe there was a CME associated with the large channel eruption. The jury is still out until SOHO updates and we see the size and shape of the halo.

[link to halpha.nso.edu]

looks like we had a small filament liftoff midquator west also.

Solarham has it coming from 1619 area also.

shadasonic

United States
11/20/2012 01:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ips.gov.au]

This has been riding max for 3 days now,wth.
Hugh M Eye

United States
11/20/2012 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to halpha.nso.edu]

looks like we had a small filament liftoff midquator west also.

Solarham has it coming from 1619 area also.

Quoting: shadasonic

This is what I've been talking about all day. Didn't you see my earlier post with pics of the Hyder flare? My gut tells me we're seeing 2 nearly-simultaneous events ; with a fast CME from the limb and a large, slow CME from the filament channel eruption. It's getting harder to triangulate from the STEREO images alone. As you no doubt know, the STEREO craft are moving further and further behind the sun. A year ago they were nearly at right angles to SOHO's position, here's where they are now-

[link to stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov]

NOTE: SOHO images are updating now, so as soon as they fill in the gaps we'll have a better idea. This new C3 image doesn't appear as threatening as I initially feared:
[link to sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov]

Last Edited by Hugh M Eye on 11/20/2012 01:56 PM
Hugh M Eye

United States
11/20/2012 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
ACE Electrons saw a nice jump from the M-flare, so it was magnetically connected to Earth:

[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]

24-hr. ACE Protons and Electrons:

The magnetosphere is being perturbed again, most likely from the glancing blow of Friday's CME.

GOES Electron Flux plot:

GOES Magnetometer:

The Bz is somewhat South but I doubt we'll reach storm levels.

ACE Solar Wind data plot:

Hugh M Eye

United States
11/20/2012 02:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Another impulsive M-flare . This one seems to be from 1618.

X-ray flux plot:

Big Bear image:

[link to halpha.nso.edu]
madajs

User ID: 24791599
Canada
11/20/2012 03:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't know if this is the same run as the one that shad posted earlier, but anyways here's the cygnet enlil model of a large geoffective CME [link to iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] (surely related to the activity hugh has been posting about etc.)
And always, he fought the temptation to choose a clear, safe course, warning: "That path leads ever down into stagnation."
Hugh M Eye

United States
11/20/2012 03:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Busy day at the solar doom bunker today, LOL.

Space Weather Message Code: WARK04
Serial Number: 2030
Issue Time: 2012 Nov 20 1953 UTC

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 4 expected
Valid From: 2012 Nov 20 1953 UTC
Valid To: 2012 Nov 21 0300 UTC
Warning Condition: Onset

Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 65 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude.
Induced Currents - Weak power grid fluctuations can occur.
Aurora - Aurora may be visible at high latitudes such as Canada and Alaska.

SDO Images of M1.6 from 1618:

:1618EVE:

:M1.6flare:
Hugh M Eye

United States
11/20/2012 03:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't know if this is the same run as the one that shad posted earlier, but anyways here's the cygnet enlil model of a large geoffective CME [link to iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] (surely related to the activity hugh has been posting about etc.)
 Quoting: madajs

Hey, thanks for that, Madajs! That's a new model and it jibes with my first impressions of what's happening. I was already second-guessing myself. We'll see what SOHO images tell us soon (I hope).

This Cerro Tololo H-alpha movie shows all 3 big events-1)channel eruption 2) M1.6 from 1611 (W. limb) and 3)M1.6 from 1618.

[link to halpha.nso.edu]
miabelieves

User ID: 27995848
United States
11/20/2012 03:28 PM

Report Abusive Post
As you no doubt know, the STEREO craft are moving further and further behind the sun. A year ago they were nearly at right angles to SOHO's position, here's where they are now-

Hugh, forgive my ignorance but no I did not know this. Why would they move behind the sun? Why are they not always positioned at the angles of the sun? Is there a reason for this?
Please don't attack me for my question.

Thanks in advance.
Hold on to your undies, it's gonna be a hell of a ride
whiteangel
also known at WA

User ID: 1775746
United States
11/20/2012 03:37 PM

Report Abusive Post
Was there a CME from 1618?
Isaiah 5:20 KJV
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Thread: Being Prepared - Updated Basic Food List On Page One
Hugh M Eye

United States
11/20/2012 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
As you no doubt know, the STEREO craft are moving further and further behind the sun. A year ago they were nearly at right angles to SOHO's position, here's where they are now-

Hugh, forgive my ignorance but no I did not know this. Why would they move behind the sun? Why are they not always positioned at the angles of the sun? Is there a reason for this?
Please don't attack me for my question.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Mia, one is in front of Earth in orbit around the sun (Ahead) and the other is lagging Behind Earth in orbit. They don't travel at the same speed as Earth, so they are drifting further away around the sun and 2015 they will pass each other behind the sun as they move to opposite sides where they are now. You can play around with the orbit tool at the link I posted earlier and see it clearly.

GLP