Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,586 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 290,994
Pageviews Today: 474,132Threads Today: 156Posts Today: 2,701
06:48 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)

Isis One

User ID: 14343270
United States
12/18/2012 11:56 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)
Good Morning all Group Hug
 Quoting: shenue

Well, since its night now and I won't be back until tomorrow night, I'll say good night Shenue, cause I never know what to say to these good morning posts...he he
Spread the word, change the collective conscious......
THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING TO GO AROUND

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28725595
United States
12/18/2012 11:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
most boring solar max EVER.

huffy
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

Agreed!

The Sun is bright!..The Sun is still bright..next!
NiNzrez  (OP)

User ID: 28232082
United States
12/19/2012 12:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

I see exactly where you are coming from Isishf

I grew up around the Occult.

Edit:not all is bad,though I know first hand that shit happens.
 Quoting: Spittin'Cesium

I just want to add....its NOT GOING TO WORK THIS TIME, glad you understood me,hf
 Quoting: Isis One

Isis, I have a great respect for your posts.. it's wonderful to other intelligent people that retain a sense of curiosity to the unknown, openly sharing ideas and thoughts on a subject at hand while maintaining respect for others' view on the matter while sharing your own take, even if something asynchronous with what is accepted as common fact for things which, in reality are not completely or even well understood when it comes down to it. What we have used, rather the amount of information that we know about solar events relating to a given behavior in terms of *anything solar* is no more than *observed description and given name for that observation, sometimes associated with a measurement set quantifying that event/entity as it's currently established name*. Simply, we only know what we have seen and measured, and beyond that we don't know shit. Anything more we can see, interpolate or find as relationships/meaningful parallels is all we have to advance in our understanding of the nature of our energy delivery system.

Until we find a new spectrum previously unknown to measure or attain a way to reproduce what we are seeing, our intelligence and observation is the most valuable tool we have. I know what is called a CME. I know what is called a prominence. The fact is, we have NO CLUE what causes the dynamics of a crown prominence. We can describe what we see happening, and we have a name attached to it, so does that mean that it is any less important to observe and wonder what that thing could be? I could only imagine hearing someone tell another "What are you so confused about? That's obviously just a ghost". I hear similar statements here on occasion, though that's not my point.

Trust me, I am sick as well of perpetuated hoax theories on the internet, but wonder of the sun and the universe should never be confused with or treated as if it is perpetuated fear those things that clearly serves a different low-brow purpose or acceptance.

Sorry for the long post, just what has been on my mind. Anyway, thank you Isis.. and everyone else on here. The last year of my life has been greatly enriched because of all of you.. there's not a day that has gone through here that I haven't read, even if I've had shit to do for 4 days and end up sitting down for 2 hours straight of reading 20-30 someodd pages during energetic periods. I greatly appreciate each and every wonderful soul, knowledgeable and curious people, blowhards, trolls, lightwatchers/workers, darkwanters, knowitalls, assholes and helping hands that mark the history of this beautiful thread. Thank you all :0)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26579616

Hi AC, just getting to our sun thread now, I was over at the good vibes thread most of today, check it out, Abalone of Arizona posted it. Thank you so much for your input, I am a worthy cog here in the wheel of NIN, she has created a sanctuary here for the marriage of science and spirit. She is a true trailblazer and a hugely humble one at that. I am glad to know my fair-handedness shows through, thank you for the validation. It really is amazing to be a part of this emerging paradigm with you AC, the age of Aquarious marks the demise of the guru, we are to go within and uncover now. Sooo cool.

hf
Isis One

United States
12/19/2012 12:03 AM

Report Abusive Post
My Sol Bros' and Fems' - I am going to bow out for a few from the Solarwatch thread and let you guys get on with it,I do post too much sometimeshf

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????

Where is my Ninja Kitty? Some troll needs a smackdown. Honestly Man, if you must, I respect, will miss you and await your return my behovelyhf

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
Isis One

United States
12/19/2012 12:05 AM

Report Abusive Post
I didn't even think to check yesterday, although I wasn't here much, but we reached Kp4 during those solar winds ....

Space Weather Message Code: ALTK04
Serial Number: 1622
Issue Time: 2012 Dec 17 1312 UTC

ALERT: Geomagnetic K-index of 4
Threshold Reached: 2012 Dec 17 1307 UTC
Synoptic Period: 1200-1500 UTC
Active Warning: Yes
Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 65 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude.
Induced Currents - Weak power grid fluctuations can occur.
Aurora - Aurora may be visible at high latitudes such as Canada and Alaska.
 Quoting: TS66

Yeah, the ovation prime was samoking!!!

Isis One

United States
12/19/2012 12:06 AM

Report Abusive Post
You plonkers(friendly term)I meant just for a few Hours,I had things to do!

hf

I can breath fire if I need to,don't worry about that - I literally just meant I was going to bow out for a fewsunhf

I'm back in now : )

OK, nevermind, he he

NiNzrez  (OP)

United States
12/19/2012 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

the % changes each 2 min as it updates and the sunspots change and morph

from the bradford website:
How does flare monitor work?
"Our agent program "SPIDER" connects to the SDO website every two minutes to search for the new HMI images and download them to our server"

i have not read through all posts for today yet, so not sure if anyone has pointed out or not

Last Edited by NiNzrez on 12/19/2012 12:26 AM
Isis One

United States
12/19/2012 12:12 AM

Report Abusive Post
this is nothing to be with the Sun...

just tought posting

u could like and help translate

those look a fleet of ships coming out of a Moon Base!!!

hope u dont find anoiyng !!!
 Quoting: Cosmogenesis12

You are a pleasure to have around when you being polite Cosmohf

Isis One

United States
12/19/2012 12:13 AM

Report Abusive Post
the sun is too bright
 Quoting: Da fuq

Love your dry wit and your username

Isis One

United States
12/19/2012 12:20 AM

Report Abusive Post
wtf is this light...?

[link to s1.postimage.org]
 Quoting: Fedex12

wow?!
good catch
 Quoting: NiNzrez

Aaaaahhh, 'link is broken' .. they are all saying this, wth will I do without my glp links??

What is it? I can't see! hidinghf
 Quoting: nicoleseas

Here you go

:121812:
 Quoting: TS66

Somehow that just struck my funny bonelmao

Isis One

United States
12/19/2012 12:28 AM

Report Abusive Post
All caught up, good night dear solar fam

NiNzrez  (OP)

United States
12/19/2012 12:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
All caught up, good night dear solar fam

have a great night Isis :)
lookbyonddeobvious

User ID: 27190818
United States
12/19/2012 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
why did the watchers stop reporting solar flare activities on 11.29?
[link to thewatchers.adorraeli.com]
 Quoting: lookbyonddeobvious
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

User ID: 1426914
United States
12/19/2012 02:29 AM

Report Abusive Post
most boring solar max EVER.

huffy
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

Us SunTards need to see some nice Ejecta or an X-class solar flare to function properly.
Geoshill

Link to my Gaming Channel….
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30241306
United States
12/19/2012 05:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

the % changes each 2 min as it updates and the sunspots change and morph

from the bradford website:
How does flare monitor work?
"Our agent program "SPIDER" connects to the SDO website every two minutes to search for the new HMI images and download them to our server"

i have not read through all posts for today yet, so not sure if anyone has pointed out or not
 Quoting: NiNzrez

Not something you see every day, just the same wink

Currently Space Weather has old 1620 broken down to 3 SRs ...

[link to spaceweather.inf.brad.ac.uk]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30241306
United States
12/19/2012 05:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning all .....

It's sooo very quite. [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]

Nothing to note even over the evening hours.

Heading down to NYC for the day, wish me luck !!!

I'll try and and take a peak when I get a chance.

Ciao for now hf
Tiny Trink

User ID: 28990460
United States
12/19/2012 07:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello Everyone,

Stay Safe and Balanced.

Shine Brightly.

Special News Report Today with additional video.

Much Love,

[link to www.youtube.com]

2nd video referred to in Special News Report

[link to www.youtube.com]

Tiny Trink, Double T, Tink Tink, T x 2

"You are responsible for the Energy you bring into a space" ~ Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

Shine Brightly as someone is needing your Inner Light to find theirs.
shenue

User ID: 5263313
United States
12/19/2012 08:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning sun family Group Hug
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Cosmogenesis12

User ID: 30229657
Portugal
12/19/2012 09:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

My Sol Bros' and Fems' - I am going to bow out for a few from the Solarwatch thread and let you guys get on with it,I do post too much sometimeshf

Spiting

look

u said my post was annoying
ive tryed not to be

ive found some of your posts annoyng and never said
well
ive said

but u dont need a go in self pity
calling atention

u Loved man v much here

i havent started beeing unpolite Isis One
any way i retrate my self and apologise

any way just saiyn was not troling
and Isis u welcome here also even beeing proudly feeling owner ... of this thread welcoming or not at your judge...

i love the way Ninn moderates this thread... since the begining...

im sory
Boceph

User ID: 1486701
United States
12/19/2012 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
the sun is too bright
 Quoting: Da fuq

i have been cuising around here for a year or more and heard this sooooo many times....

but right now i am sitting here in the same place i do every afternoon in east texas watching the sun set outside of work here, and it is incredibly bright to me...

and i shit you not, i have NEVER said that before...

who knows, maybe my eyes are just sensitive right now
 Quoting: Boceph

Howdy, Boceph, hinice to see you again. Although anecdotal claims abound, the Sun is not getting brighter (see contadictory addendum below). I think there's lots of reasons for this perception; not the least of which is the fact that we humans spend much less time outdoors and more time staring at computer screens these days. Also, during the Northern hemisphere winter months the sun is much lower in the sky, shining more at eye-level than directly overhead as in summertime. Today's UV Index was very low throughout most of the continental US (high UV in Miami, Puerto Rico and Hawaii)-

[link to www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov]

However Earth is getting closer to the sun now. Not to worry, it happens every year. Earth's perihelion is on January 2, 2013, but as Earth's orbit is very circular we're only a slight bit closer than aphelion in July.
[link to aa.usno.navy.mil]

2013 2013
Perihelion Jan 2 05 Equinoxes Mar 20 11 02 Sept 22 20 44
Aphelion July 5 15 Solstices June 21 05 04 Dec 21 17 11

TOTAL SOLAR IRRADIANCE-

Here's a plot from several satellites measuring Total Solar Irradiance (that includes visible and invisible wavelengths)-
[link to www.acrim.com]

For further study, here's NOAA's data access page on irradiance;

[link to www.ngdc.noaa.gov]

This is a good time to get as much sunshine as you can! Vitamin D levels tend to drop in wintertime and weakens your immune system.
sunsunsunsunsun
 Quoting: Hugh M Eye

Contradictory Addendum: Actually, the sun IS getting brighter, but only slightly so as a normal solar max increases the sun's energy output by around 0.1%. And as you can see by the ACRIM plot in the above post, the Total Solar Irradiance now is much less than in 2000-2002. There are also short-term oscillations in solar brilliance making TSI a study in the variations.

Strangely enough, sunspots measurably REDUCE the sun's luminosity. Here's some fascinating research I came across-

Variations in the solar irradiance are at a level that can be detected by ground-based astronomical measurements of light. Such variations have been found to be about 0.1% of the average solar irradiance. Variations in solar irradiance have been attributed to the following solar phenomena: oscillations, granulation, sunspots, faculae, and solar cycle.
Sunspots give rise to variations that may last for several days, and sometimes as long as 200 days. Solar irradiance measurements have also shown that the presence of large groups of sunspots on the Sun's surface produce dips ranging in amplitude from 0.1-0.25% of the solar constant. This reduction in the total solar irradiance has been attributed both to the presence of these sunspots and to the temporary storage of solar energy over times longer than the sunspot's lifetime. Another key observation has been that the largest decreases in total solar irradiance frequently coincide with the formation of newly formed active regions associated with large sunspots, or with rapidly evolving, complex sunspots. Solar luminosity has been found to achieve a maximum value at the very time that sunspot activity is highest during the 11-year sunspot cycle.

Read more: Total Solar Irradiance - Global warming, Measuring solar irradiance - Sun, Radiation, Variations, and Measurements - JRank Articles [link to science.jrank.org]

Sound contradictory? Sunspot formation decreases the Total Solar Irradiance (TSI), yet solar luminosity reaches peak levels when sunspot activity is highest. Wow, the Sun sure is a mysterious enigma to me still....

So, in conclusion, you are correct, Sir, the Sun IS getting brighter (slightly) as part of its natural cycle.
farside
 Quoting: Hugh M Eye

Thanks Hugh!!
whiteangel
also known at WA

User ID: 1775746
United States
12/19/2012 11:11 AM

Report Abusive Post
I have a question for y'all. How do we know when solar minimum starts for sure? Or is it a "guess" for a start date?

I am asking because of quiet a bit of info I have been reading lately about a mini Ice Age starting because this solar max has been so low and the solar min seems to have already started. I don't think we are in solar min yet but how do we know for sure?

Yes, I am one of those that thinks things could very well get much cooler here on earth for awhile but much more reading to do on that one.
Isaiah 5:20 KJV
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Thread: Being Prepared - Updated Basic Food List On Page One
Cosmogenesis12

User ID: 30229657
Portugal
12/19/2012 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have a question for y'all. How do we know when solar minimum starts for sure? Or is it a "guess" for a start date?

I am asking because of quiet a bit of info I have been reading lately about a mini Ice Age starting because this solar max has been so low and the solar min seems to have already started. I don't think we are in solar min yet but how do we know for sure?

Yes, I am one of those that thinks things could very well get much cooler here on earth for awhile but much more reading to do on that one.
 Quoting: whiteangel

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mini ice age we can expect... 3 days... total cold black

when beeing transported to another Universal place

The Earth with us in ...

Last Edited by Cosmogenesis12 on 12/19/2012 11:39 AM
shadasonic

User ID: 15732022
United States
12/19/2012 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

After the poles completely flip there will still be a time for large events as the polarity 'mingling' can cause magnetic abnormalities. Once the flip has occured the start time for the minimum usually takes place 6 to 9 months later. We still have the potential in the next half year for large solar storms
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
whiteangel
also known at WA

User ID: 1775746
United States
12/19/2012 11:56 AM

Report Abusive Post

After the poles completely flip there will still be a time for large events as the polarity 'mingling' can cause magnetic abnormalities. Once the flip has occured the start time for the minimum usually takes place 6 to 9 months later. We still have the potential in the next half year for large solar storms
 Quoting: shadasonic

So we are waiting on the flip...okie dokie. Just amazed still at how little is happening on ol Sol and the ever decaying sunspots
Isaiah 5:20 KJV
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Thread: Being Prepared - Updated Basic Food List On Page One
SC
User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
12/19/2012 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Spiting

look

u said my post was annoying
ive tryed not to be

ive found some of your posts annoyng and never said
well
ive said

but u dont need a go in self pity
calling atention

u Loved man v much here

i havent started beeing unpolite Isis One
any way i retrate my self and apologise

any way just saiyn was not troling
and Isis u welcome here also even beeing proudly feeling owner ... of this thread welcoming or not at your judge...

i love the way Ninn moderates this thread... since the begining...

im sory

Hello Cosmo - I was stressed out when you posted that video and my response that 'well,that was annoying' wasn't aimed at you but instead the content of the video,the amount of 'Spheres by the Sun' videos People ask me to look at is what is annoying as is the fact that some seem to think that such a thing would be possible without everyone else seeing the bloody thing in Real Life,you know,like outdoors!?

With regard 'feeling sorry for myself' - You have got to be fuckin' joking - I felt sorry for those who believe that shit.

Anyway,just forget it Cosmo - I have.

The end.
SC
Netherlands
12/19/2012 12:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hello all by the waysunhf

I've had lots of things to do recently(and still do)between helping get my Friend back on his feet again and Christmas,a lot is keeping me busy.

Just popping through to see what(if anything)has been going down : )

With regard the 'Bright Sun',I have noticed the same but think it needs to pointed out perhaps that at this time of Year the Sun is lower on the Horizon and it will appear brighter as it is shining in our faces more as opposed to Summertime when the Sun is high in the Skieshf

I'll pull up some diagrams later to show why this is if needed but I am literally very busy at the moment.

I'm just going to check if that region I was discussing when I was last on produced the CME it looked to be in the process of popping.

hf
Da fuq

User ID: 16258666
United States
12/19/2012 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.flickr.com]

Lowest exposure and brightness.
zacksavage

User ID: 9792625
United States
12/19/2012 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning sun family Group Hug
 Quoting: shenue

Hey shenue,...
Why you so happy all the time:)

***Edit to add***
Tiny Trink, thank you for posting those vids.

Z

Last Edited by zacksavage on 12/19/2012 12:27 PM
Free your mind,...your ass will follow.

--- parliament funkadelic
SC
Netherlands
12/19/2012 12:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Still going through the movies and cactus,a small bit of ejecta is seen on the SDO movies but not much to be of any concern at all.

If you haven't already 66,here is your Filament Ejection from the other Day on Cactus [link to www.sidc.oma.be] they have given it a Type II status and a averaged Velocity of 322Km/S - 322 is Skull and Bonesahhh

chuckle
shadasonic

User ID: 15732022
United States
12/19/2012 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: shadasonic

So we are waiting on the flip...okie dokie. Just amazed still at how little is happening on ol Sol and the ever decaying sunspots

Really waiting on the north. This max was expected to be calmer than most, but not this quiet and I do believe it will get very cold in the coming years. Have a good day Angel!
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan

GLP