Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,033 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 371,487
Pageviews Today: 614,890Threads Today: 209Posts Today: 3,763
08:26 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)

SC
User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
12/19/2012 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)
Just posting the 'Official' information from Solen -

'Recent activity

The geomagnetic field was quiet on December 18. Solar wind speed at SOHO ranged between 445 and 576 km/s under the influence of a high speed coronal hole stream.

Solar flux measured at 20h UTC on 2.8 GHz was 116.2 (decreasing 24.2 over the last solar rotation). The Potsdam WDC planetary A index was 5 (STAR Ap - based on the mean of three hour interval ap indices: 5.3). Three hour interval K indices: 12222201 (planetary), 12233211 (Boulder).

The background x-ray flux was at the class B4 level.

At midnight UTC the visible solar disk had 5 spotted active regions (in 2K resolution SDO images).

Region 11633 [S07E28] lost a few spots and decayed slowly. The leader spot split into two penumbrae.
Region 11634 [S13E30] was quiet and stable.
New region 11635 [N10E76] rotated into view. The region seems to be fairly simple structured magnetically.

Spotted regions not numbered by NOAA/SWPC:
S2116 [N11W05] was quiet and stable.
New region S2117 [S13E42] emerged to the east of AR 11634 [link to www.solen.info] .

It is worth remembering that the Above could change in a matter of Hours.

A little unfortunate that the new Region that came over the East limb 1635 must have burned itself out and is now considered to be of simple Magnetic Structure,it had looked very lively before rotating onto the Earth facing disk,typically hey!?
SC
Netherlands
12/19/2012 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have a question for y'all. How do we know when solar minimum starts for sure? Or is it a "guess" for a start date?

I am asking because of quiet a bit of info I have been reading lately about a mini Ice Age starting because this solar max has been so low and the solar min seems to have already started. I don't think we are in solar min yet but how do we know for sure?

Yes, I am one of those that thinks things could very well get much cooler here on earth for awhile but much more reading to do on that one.
 Quoting: whiteangel

After the poles completely flip there will still be a time for large events as the polarity 'mingling' can cause magnetic abnormalities. Once the flip has occured the start time for the minimum usually takes place 6 to 9 months later. We still have the potential in the next half year for large solar storms
 Quoting: shadasonic

So we are waiting on the flip...okie dokie. Just amazed still at how little is happening on ol Sol and the ever decaying sunspots

Really waiting on the north. This max was expected to be calmer than most, but not this quiet and I do believe it will get very cold in the coming years. Have a good day Angel!

Hello Shads : )

There is some very good conversation to be had around this subject and I cannot wait to get stuck in to exchanging thoughts/theories on the possibilities that may arise from a extended low.

I'll be getting into that later when I have some decent time to discuss it,for sure!
shadasonic

User ID: 15732022
United States
12/19/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

After the poles completely flip there will still be a time for large events as the polarity 'mingling' can cause magnetic abnormalities. Once the flip has occured the start time for the minimum usually takes place 6 to 9 months later. We still have the potential in the next half year for large solar storms

So we are waiting on the flip...okie dokie. Just amazed still at how little is happening on ol Sol and the ever decaying sunspots

Really waiting on the north. This max was expected to be calmer than most, but not this quiet and I do believe it will get very cold in the coming years. Have a good day Angel!

There is some very good conversation to be had around this subject and I cannot wait to get stuck in to exchanging thoughts/theories on the possibilities that may arise from a extended low.

I'll be getting into that later when I have some decent time to discuss it,for sure!
 Quoting: SC 14589973

Sounds good brother!
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
SC
Netherlands
12/19/2012 01:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sounds good brother!

Word Sol Bro',total Word.

I hope you are feeling better,you were having similar 'Brain Fog' type issues as I have been I remember?

Much,much respect to you Shada,you are a Star *.
Tiny Trink

User ID: 28990460
United States
12/19/2012 01:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning sun family Group Hug
 Quoting: shenue

Hey shenue,...
Why you so happy all the time:)

***Edit to add***
Tiny Trink, thank you for posting those vids.

Z
 Quoting: zacksavage

Your welcome Zack.

hf

Much Love,
Tiny Trink, Double T, Tink Tink, T x 2

"You are responsible for the Energy you bring into a space" ~ Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

Shine Brightly as someone is needing your Inner Light to find theirs.
Hugh M Eye

User ID: 24287942
United States
12/19/2012 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lookin' for a new desktop background photo? JPL has just released a hi-res composite of a backlit Saturn from the Cassini spacecraft....it's spooky and gorgeous IMO.

Details and explanation of new Cassini Saturn image:

[link to www.ciclops.org]

Hi-res Jpeg image here:

[link to photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov]

JPL Catalog page:

ratdancexmasratdance
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

User ID: 1426914
United States
12/19/2012 02:11 PM

Report Abusive Post
Still going through the movies and cactus,a small bit of ejecta is seen on the SDO movies but not much to be of any concern at all.

If you haven't already 66,here is your Filament Ejection from the other Day on Cactus [link to www.sidc.oma.be] they have given it a Type II status and a averaged Velocity of 322Km/S - 322 is Skull and Bonesahhh

chuckle

Ejecta
Geoshill

Link to my Gaming Channel….
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
SC
Netherlands
12/19/2012 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lookin' for a new desktop background photo? JPL has just released a hi-res composite of a backlit Saturn from the Cassini spacecraft....it's spooky and gorgeous IMO.

Hi-res Jpeg image here:

JPL Catalog page:

ratdancexmasratdance
 Quoting: Hugh M Eye

Thank Hugh and hellowave

It is a very strange looking image hey!?

It reminds me of the one from a few Months back that a lot of folks were saying looked 'fake' do you remember that image?

I think this is it [link to astrogeology.usgs.gov] very CGI looking(not saying it is for the record).

Be back in a bit,just making dinner for my Friend and I.

Catch you in a Sec.

sunhf
SC
Netherlands
12/19/2012 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
That ^ ^ is the wrong wave,but it'll do I suppose : )

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30319923
Portugal
12/19/2012 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
SC
Netherlands
12/19/2012 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Luisport

Don't they know!?

[link to www.youtube.com]

For the 22nd : )

OneLuv2.
Hugh M Eye

United States
12/19/2012 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hi-res Jpeg image here:

JPL Catalog page:

ratdancexmasratdance

Thank Hugh and hellowave

It reminds me of the one from a few Months back that a lot of folks were saying looked 'fake' do you remember that image?

I think this is it [link to astrogeology.usgs.gov] very CGI looking(not saying it is for the record).

Catch you in a Sec.

sunhf

Howdy, Brotha Cesium, yes the image from 2006 is my current desktop image, haha. Earth can be seen in that image, and it's referenced and linked (i think) on the ciclops.org link I posted above. It's no simple snapshot to be sure; it's a mosaic of many images and colorized by NASA. The images are real though, not an artist's conception IMO.

There's a wealth of strange and beautiful images and movies at the Cassini website:
Hall of Fame-2006 composite is #2 in slideshow-
[link to saturn.jpl.nasa.gov]

Latest Raw Images (don't let the saucer-tards see this one,haha, there's at least 50 UFO's a week on here!):

alienship
Hugh M Eye

United States
12/19/2012 04:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hi-res Jpeg image here:

JPL Catalog page:

ratdancexmasratdance

Thank Hugh and hellowave

Catch you in a Sec.

sunhf

Howdy, Brotha Cesium, yes the image from 2006 is my current desktop image, haha. Earth can be seen in that image, and it's referenced and linked (i think) on the ciclops.org link I posted above. It's no simple snapshot to be sure; it's a mosaic of many images and colorized by NASA. The images are real though, not an artist's conception IMO.

There's a wealth of strange and beautiful images and movies at the Cassini website:
Hall of Fame-2006 composite is #2 in slideshow-

Latest Raw Images (don't let the saucer-tards see this one,haha, there's at least 50 UFO's a week on here!):

alienship

Sorry, last post on Cassini for now...thought y'all might dig this "Churning Psychedelia" movie:

Pages and pages of Saturn video images:

I used to watch the Cassini images much more than SOHO. I think this is one of NASA's most successful missions and the Saturn family of rings an' moons is one of the most awesome things in the universe to behold. Now back to waiting for the Sun to make a move, LOL.
whiteangel
also known at WA

User ID: 1775746
United States
12/19/2012 05:00 PM

Report Abusive Post

Sounds good brother!

I have a 'feeling' we will all be talking about the coming cold very soon. Where the Mayan calendar has been the hot topic for 2012 - with many debating its merits, the coming cold won't be deniable.
Isaiah 5:20 KJV
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Thread: Being Prepared - Updated Basic Food List On Page One
NiNzrez  (OP)

User ID: 28232082
United States
12/19/2012 05:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
more anomalies seen on the most recent STEREO A image
[link to stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov]

the main thing that makes this one so dif is that fuzzy blob to the far left center area
if this was infact a pixil artifact, like nasa trys to tell us, then there would not be that fuzzy blob
these look like plasma/protons
shadasonic

United States
12/19/2012 05:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
more anomalies seen on the most recent STEREO A image
[link to stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov]

the main thing that makes this one so dif is that fuzzy blob to the far left center area
if this was infact a pixil artifact, like nasa trys to tell us, then there would not be that fuzzy blob
these look like plasma/protons
 Quoting: NiNzrez

Now thats trippy!
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
madajs

User ID: 24791599
Canada
12/19/2012 07:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Harshest winter in Russia in 70 years [link to rt.com]

Curious to see going forward whether this prolonged minimum and weak maximum will lead to a cold spell going forward
And always, he fought the temptation to choose a clear, safe course, warning: "That path leads ever down into stagnation."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1634447
United States
12/19/2012 07:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Harshest winter in Russia in 70 years [link to rt.com]

Curious to see going forward whether this prolonged minimum and weak maximum will lead to a cold spell going forward
 Quoting: madajs

appears its just starting !
Hugh M Eye

United States
12/19/2012 08:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kiruna, Sweden planning to build spaceport-

Spaceport Sweden, a company founded in 2007, hopes to be able to provide the first flights within a decade from Kiruna's airport.

"We're working on establishing commercial flights from Sweden to space for tourism and research, and to create a launching pad at the airport," explained the company's enthusiastic director, Karin Nilsdotter, seated in her office at the Swedish Institute of Space Physics (IRF).

The idea is that space tourists would take off for a maximum two-hour trip into space aboard futuristic spacecraft currently undergoing testing, which resemble a cross between an airplane and a space shuttle and which can carry between one and six passengers.

The sub-orbital flights will send passengers 100 kilometres (60 miles) above Earth and allow them to experience five minutes of weightlessness.

[link to www.space-travel.com]
alien11alien16
Hugh M Eye

United States
12/19/2012 08:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Upper Mississippi River Streamflow Linked to Solar Activity-(also Ocean Currents, etc.)-

Variations in solar activity are manifested in the magnetic structure of the Sun, total solar irradiance, and the strength of the solar wind. Solar wind speed and density directly affect the flux of galactic cosmic rays to the Earth and variations in the Earth’s geomagnetic field. Each of these parameters varies on an approximate 11-year cycle than can range from 9 to 14 years in length which over time displays a unique “fingerprint.” The long-term streamflow record of the Mississippi River at St. Louis, Missouri exhibits a similar “fingerprint.” The historic records of the geomagnetic index aa and 36 month moving averages of Mississippi River streamflow are compared in the following graph.

Graphs and detailed info from USGS water site:

[link to ks.water.usgs.gov]

More info on the Mississippi Basin and Solar Irradiance:

shadasonic

United States
12/19/2012 09:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Upper Mississippi River Streamflow Linked to Solar Activity-(also Ocean Currents, etc.)-

Variations in solar activity are manifested in the magnetic structure of the Sun, total solar irradiance, and the strength of the solar wind. Solar wind speed and density directly affect the flux of galactic cosmic rays to the Earth and variations in the Earth’s geomagnetic field. Each of these parameters varies on an approximate 11-year cycle than can range from 9 to 14 years in length which over time displays a unique “fingerprint.” The long-term streamflow record of the Mississippi River at St. Louis, Missouri exhibits a similar “fingerprint.” The historic records of the geomagnetic index aa and 36 month moving averages of Mississippi River streamflow are compared in the following graph.

Good info Hugh,interesting read!
Cosmogenesis12

User ID: 30229657
Portugal
12/19/2012 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
whats this people ???

[link to www.facebook.com]
Hugh M Eye

United States
12/19/2012 09:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Good info Hugh,interesting read!

Hello, Shada, I came across that while researching the variations of solar irradiance and was struck by that first graph there. If the earth-quakers had a similar graph it would make a better case for their solar-related earthquake theories. The funny thing is, this irradiance issue is not found on the astronomy sites, but on the climatology & hydrology sites. That's why I was dumbfounded when some geezer called me a NASA shill,haha. Mine was probably the only post yesterday that used no NASA documentation or links of any kind. If I wasn't laughing I would be crying, LOL.
Hugh M Eye

United States
12/19/2012 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
SLOOH Live broadcast beginning...

2012 DOOM Scenario #2-Near Earth Objects!

[link to events.slooh.com]

DOOM is coming
Da fuq

User ID: 16258666
United States
12/19/2012 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey guys people are saying Jupiter and Mars are upside down? anyone confirm?
shadasonic

United States
12/19/2012 10:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Da fuq

Its from the Zetas, and if something was affecting both mars and jupiter we'd be upside down also. I'd say everythings fine
moxiechic

User ID: 11134855
United States
12/19/2012 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Da fuq

Its from the Zetas, and if something was affecting both mars and jupiter we'd be upside down also. I'd say everythings fine

I just love short, sweet and simple....gives me a giggle every time! :)
“My religion is nature. That’s what arouses those feelings of wonder and mysticism and gratitude in me.”
Oliver Sacks
Hugh M Eye

United States
12/19/2012 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
WOW, why is the Sun so quiet lately. Who would've imagined that December 2012 would be the lowest solar output of the year? I can only find three flares bigger than C2 the entire month so far. This lull is getting too monotonous. Now even the filament eruptions are getting scarce.
[link to www.lmsal.com]

Maybe 1635 will give us a much-needed wake-up call. To my eyes, this active region looks much larger than the 110 millionths specified by NOAA.

Joint USAF/NOAA Solar Region Summary
SRS Number 355 Issued at 0030Z on 20 Dec 2012
Report compiled from data received at SWO on 19 Dec
I. Regions with Sunspots. Locations Valid at 19/2400Z
Nmbr Location Lo Area Z LL NN Mag Type
1633 S07E13 111 0260 Eko 12 09 Beta
1634 S13E14 110 0060 Hsx 02 02 Alpha
1635 N09E58 065 0110 Cso 07 05 Beta
[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]

:AR1635:

In the SDO composite images, 1634 looks a little foreboding to me as well.

[link to sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov]

Latest Color magnetogram:

Isis One

User ID: 14343270
United States
12/20/2012 12:06 AM

Report Abusive Post

My Sol Bros' and Fems' - I am going to bow out for a few from the Solarwatch thread and let you guys get on with it,I do post too much sometimeshf
 Quoting: Spittin'Cesium

Spiting

look

u said my post was annoying
ive tryed not to be

ive found some of your posts annoyng and never said
well
ive said

but u dont need a go in self pity
calling atention

u Loved man v much here

i havent started beeing unpolite Isis One
any way i retrate my self and apologise

any way just saiyn was not troling
and Isis u welcome here also even beeing proudly feeling owner ... of this thread welcoming or not at your judge...

i love the way Ninn moderates this thread... since the begining...

im sory
 Quoting: Isis One

Ok, its all good! We all agree not to attack anyone's character, as it serves no purpose.hf
Spread the word, change the collective conscious......
THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING TO GO AROUND

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30385308
India
12/20/2012 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
WOW, why is the Sun so quiet lately. Who would've imagined that December 2012 would be the lowest solar output of the year? I can only find three flares bigger than C2 the entire month so far. This lull is getting too monotonous. Now even the filament eruptions are getting scarce.
[link to www.lmsal.com]

Maybe 1635 will give us a much-needed wake-up call. To my eyes, this active region looks much larger than the 110 millionths specified by NOAA.

Joint USAF/NOAA Solar Region Summary
SRS Number 355 Issued at 0030Z on 20 Dec 2012
Report compiled from data received at SWO on 19 Dec
I. Regions with Sunspots. Locations Valid at 19/2400Z
Nmbr Location Lo Area Z LL NN Mag Type
1633 S07E13 111 0260 Eko 12 09 Beta
1634 S13E14 110 0060 Hsx 02 02 Alpha
1635 N09E58 065 0110 Cso 07 05 Beta
[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]

:AR1635:

In the SDO composite images, 1634 looks a little foreboding to me as well.

Latest Color magnetogram:

ok now the only doom I think Mayans wanted us to know or the calendar wants us to know is the sun doom . Looks like the sun is losing its energy and power.Where has the energy of sun gone?????

GLP