Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,508 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 308,917
Pageviews Today: 503,754Threads Today: 167Posts Today: 2,894
07:10 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31775728
United States
01/14/2013 08:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)
Good morning all .... hf

Checked the Electron/Proton graph SO was talking referring to above ...

[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]

scratching
Kael

User ID: 1451069
Syria
01/14/2013 08:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning all .... hf

scratching
 Quoting: TS66

Loss of data?
"Thou we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven that which we are, we are.
One equal temper of heroic hearts made weak by time and fate but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield"
shenue

User ID: 5263313
United States
01/14/2013 08:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good Morning all. coffeePC
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2013 08:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning all .... hf

scratching

Loss of data?
 Quoting: Kael

If the measurements had ALL dropped out, yes, but they haven't. I'm not sure what's going on. It certainly isn't recovering very quickly whatever happened.
aether

User ID: 28218601
United Kingdom
01/14/2013 08:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
oops

wrong thread rex

Last Edited by aether on 01/14/2013 08:38 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23231420
United States
01/14/2013 09:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning all .... hf

scratching

@ts66

[link to tsunamis.sciencedaily.com]
Gisborne tsunami, 25 March (new zealand)
Tsunamis: Tokaido - March 25, 1947

Timing comparison:
[link to adsabs.harvard.edu]

Japan March 11 Tsunami
March 9th ended with a powerful solar flare. Earth-orbiting satellites detected an X1.5-class explosion from behemoth sunspot 1166 around 2323 UT. A movie from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (above) shows a bright flash of UV radiation plus some material being hurled away from the blast site.

[link to www.nasa.gov]

Its curious to me the connection between the 1947 sunspot cycle and the now repeating activity of 2013. Thought you might enjoy the article "timing comparison" Its more in depth than the article you lent me:)

Cheers and good morning
hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2013 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning all .... hf

scratching

@ts66

[link to tsunamis.sciencedaily.com]
Gisborne tsunami, 25 March (new zealand)
Tsunamis: Tokaido - March 25, 1947

Timing comparison:
[link to adsabs.harvard.edu]

Japan March 11 Tsunami
March 9th ended with a powerful solar flare. Earth-orbiting satellites detected an X1.5-class explosion from behemoth sunspot 1166 around 2323 UT. A movie from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (above) shows a bright flash of UV radiation plus some material being hurled away from the blast site.

[link to www.nasa.gov]

Its curious to me the connection between the 1947 sunspot cycle and the now repeating activity of 2013. Thought you might enjoy the article "timing comparison" Its more in depth than the article you lent me:)

Cheers and good morning
hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23231420

Thank you and good morning ... the correlations are interesting indeed, and the X flare March 11 was phenomenal to watch, especially with the now defunct NICT program (I'm still sad about that).

For me, I'm just hoping these satellites, programs, and on-line data continue on so that we can see proof positive either way whether there truly is a connection or not. There wasn't much in the way of data in 1947, especially in what we are privy to now, and I can only hope despite the lack of funding and accountability of the human race in general, that the data continues and improves.

There is so much to observe and learn.

I'm book marking your info, for future reference. hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32148945
Germany
01/14/2013 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hiya and very nice work all (im lurking^^)

NASA SDO has already taken over 100 million images of our Sun in very high definition

SDO to Ultra High Definition Comparison

A new kind of television made headlines at the 2013 annual Consumer Electronics Show in early January, 2013 – Ultra High Definition TV. With four times as many pixels as a current high definition (HD) TV, viewers at the show reported being impressed with how crisp and vibrant the pictures appear.

This comes as no surprise to scientists who study the sun using NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO). Its Atmospheric Imaging Assembly (AIA) and Helioseismic Magnetic Imager (HMI) instruments together capture an image almost once a second that is twice again as large as what the ultra high-def screens can display. Such detailed pictures show features on the sun that are as small as 200 miles across, helping researchers observe such things as what causes giant eruptions on the sun known as coronal mass ejections (CME) that can travel toward Earth and interfere with our satellites...

Get them here:
[link to svs.gsfc.nasa.gov]
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2013 11:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
hi 76 !!! Why are you lurking ??? You are missed blwkss!!!

[link to lasp.colorado.edu]

54 ??
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2013 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hiya and very nice work all (im lurking^^)

NASA SDO has already taken over 100 million images of our Sun in very high definition

SDO to Ultra High Definition Comparison

A new kind of television made headlines at the 2013 annual Consumer Electronics Show in early January, 2013 – Ultra High Definition TV. With four times as many pixels as a current high definition (HD) TV, viewers at the show reported being impressed with how crisp and vibrant the pictures appear.

This comes as no surprise to scientists who study the sun using NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO). Its Atmospheric Imaging Assembly (AIA) and Helioseismic Magnetic Imager (HMI) instruments together capture an image almost once a second that is twice again as large as what the ultra high-def screens can display. Such detailed pictures show features on the sun that are as small as 200 miles across, helping researchers observe such things as what causes giant eruptions on the sun known as coronal mass ejections (CME) that can travel toward Earth and interfere with our satellites...

Get them here:
[link to svs.gsfc.nasa.gov]
 Quoting: IwantToBelieve76

Here's to improvements !! cheers
Hugh M Eye

User ID: 31662450
United States
01/14/2013 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
It seems we have at least one more small CME on the way. The data gaps on the public sites have become insurmountable for me to keep track of ejections. Looks like SEEDS has gone on hiatus; and huge 8-hour or more gaps in the STEREO images, as well as the missing SOHO images that magically appear a day later. The CACTus CME details just don't match up with what I've been seeing.

To top it off, SIDC, NOAA, and NASA all have a totally different velocity and arrival forecast. And these folks have a lot more data and expertise in these calculations. In short, I give up trying to track these puny, little CMEs until the BIG ONE comes along.

New NASA Cone model:
[link to iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080]

CACTus details for yesterday's cme???:

[link to www.sidc.oma.be]

CACTus details for 2nd cme???:

[link to www.sidc.oma.be]

There may be yet a newer ejection ....stay tuned.
muse_1111

User ID: 26558348
United States
01/14/2013 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
The data gaps on the public sites have become insurmountable for me to keep track of ejections. Looks like SEEDS has gone on hiatus; and huge 8-hour or more gaps in the STEREO images, as well as the missing SOHO images that magically appear a day later. The CACTus CME details just don't match up with what I've been seeing.
 Quoting: Hugh M Eye

It's quite ironic that all the tools are showing data gaps. It piqued my interest when you said 8-hour gap. That seems about the same time as the gap in HAARP data - [link to www.haarp.alaska.edu]

When I see consistent data gaps across tools, my analytical mind thinks that the experts have some data they just can't figure out and will not release. Things that make you go.....hmmmmmm
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2013 01:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
The data gaps on the public sites have become insurmountable for me to keep track of ejections. Looks like SEEDS has gone on hiatus; and huge 8-hour or more gaps in the STEREO images, as well as the missing SOHO images that magically appear a day later. The CACTus CME details just don't match up with what I've been seeing.

It's quite ironic that all the tools are showing data gaps. It piqued my interest when you said 8-hour gap. That seems about the same time as the gap in HAARP data - [link to www.haarp.alaska.edu]

When I see consistent data gaps across tools, my analytical mind thinks that the experts have some data they just can't figure out and will not release. Things that make you go.....hmmmmmm
 Quoting: muse_1111

ohyeah

Or something equally secretive has disabled them in some way.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32193710
Russia
01/14/2013 01:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
does anyone know why this increase of electrons?
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/14/2013 01:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32193710

That's from the coronal hole wind stream. When the Bz turns south more solar wind electrons sneak in.

ACE SW data:

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32193710
Russia
01/14/2013 01:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32193710

That's from the coronal hole wind stream. When the Bz turns south more solar wind electrons sneak in.

ACE SW data:

thanks, saw wind rise, especially clear here
[link to spidr.ngdc.noaa.gov]
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/14/2013 01:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
SPACE PIRATES UPDATE:

U.S. and E.U. space pirates getting concerned about Chinese space pirates. Get ready for Space War I.

"Details of the latest Chinese moves that have raised US concerns remain classified.
US officials charge that China’s anti-satellite activities are part of a major military modernization that has seen Beijing test two new stealth fighters, step up cyber attacks on foreign computer networks and launch more commercial and military satellites last year than the US.
China still lags behind the US in most military fields.
“What we’re seeing is a heightened sense in the United States that China is a potential threat and that it has the technology to be a threat if it wishes to,” said Jonathan McDowell, with the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.
“As China becomes a space superpower, and given that it does have a significant military component to its space program, it is inevitable that the US will be concerned about threats to its most valued satellite systems, whether or not China actually intends to deploy such aggressive systems,” he said."-snip-
[link to www.taipeitimes.com]

Some interesting related links:

[link to swfound.org]

[link to www.usafa.edu]

alien16alien11lurkabombviolin
<<LOOK`n thru YOU>>

User ID: 921787
United States
01/14/2013 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
probably old news by now...found it a interesting read though...They can`t seem to make up their minds on this cycle,

"A comparable event occurred in 1859 -- a solar storm called the Carrington Event. Scientists tell FoxNews.com the impact of the impending solar storm maximum will be at least as big as the 1859 Carrington Event, which caused outages of telegraph networks, the Victorian era’s version of the Internet."
Read more: [link to www.foxnews.com]

Last Edited by <<LOOK`n thru YOU>> on 01/14/2013 02:40 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32181806
United States
01/14/2013 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
So, what is the worst case scenario for the CME(s) on the way? A few auroras and some radio blackouts, or something worse?
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

User ID: 1426914
United States
01/14/2013 02:54 PM

Report Abusive Post
So, what is the worst case scenario for the CME(s) on the way? A few auroras and some radio blackouts, or something worse?
 Quoting: LunaHominem

Your correct with the first two statements. This isn't a strong one for something worse.
Geoshill

Link to my Gaming Channel….
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2013 02:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: LunaHominem

No doom for you !! hf

wink
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/14/2013 03:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Mystery of the Sun's Magnetic Fields-Alpha and Omega?

Jan 09, 2013

How the Sun’s interior generates its magnetic field is a long-standing mystery for heliophysicists.

It is commonly believed that there is an electromagnetic dynamo inside the Sun. That dynamo has long been thought to be powered by two forces: the “stretching and winding” of magnetic fields due to the Sun’s differential rotation, or change in rotation rate, caused by differences in latitude, and the “twisting” of those fields because of rotational effects on structures rising up from deep in the Sun’s interior. The former is called “the omega effect” and the latter is called “the alpha effect”.

Until recently, those two forces were thought to be what powers the Sun’s magnetic field. Those movements through the Sun’s substance, as well as thermal convection due to the hypothetical radiation generated at the core, are required to be above a certain power threshold or the theory cannot be sustained.

According to a recent press release, researchers from New York University, Princeton University, the Max Planck Institute, and NASA have determined that the convective plasma flows in the Sun are 100 times too slow for the aforementioned phenomena to be generated.

more from Thunderbolts:
[link to www.thunderbolts.info]
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/14/2013 03:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Several filament eruptions today between 08:00z and 10:00z. One was north of 1652, one in the SW, and one beyond the SE limb. Another 8-hour gap with SOHO, so I can't say if anything is Earth-directed.

H-alpha movie:
[link to halpha.nso.edu]

SOHO C2 images:
[link to sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov]
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/14/2013 04:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
*NuSTAR catches two black holes inside spiral galaxy Caldwell 5-

PASADENA, Calif. - NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array, or NuSTAR, set its X-ray eyes on a spiral galaxy and caught the brilliant glow of two black holes lurking inside.
The new image is being released Monday along with NuSTAR's view of the supernova remnant Cassiopeia A, at the American Astronomical Society meeting in Long Beach, Calif.
"These new images showcase why NuSTAR is giving us an unprecedented look at the cosmos," said Lou Kaluzienski, NuSTAR program scientist at NASA headquarters in Washington. "With NuSTAR's greater sensitivity and imaging capability, we're getting a wealth of new information on a wide array of cosmic phenomena in the high-energy X-ray portion of the electromagnetic spectrum."

[link to www.jpl.nasa.gov]

*Spitzer & Herschel Space Telescopes find evidence for asteroid belt around Vega-

The discovery of an asteroid belt-like band of debris around Vega makes the star similar to another observed star called Fomalhaut. The data are consistent with both stars having inner, warm belts and outer, cool belts separated by a gap. This architecture is similar to the asteroid and Kuiper belts in our own solar system.

What is maintaining the gap between the warm and cool belts around Vega and Fomalhaut? The results strongly suggest the answer is multiple planets. Our solar system's asteroid belt, which lies between Mars and Jupiter, is maintained by the gravity of the terrestrial planets and the giant planets, and the outer Kuiper belt is sculpted by the giant planets.

"Our findings echo recent results showing multiple-planet systems are common beyond our sun," said Kate Su, an astronomer at the Steward Observatory at the University of Arizona, Tucson.

[link to www.jpl.nasa.gov]
Spittin'Cesium

User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
01/14/2013 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Mystery of the Sun's Magnetic Fields-Alpha and Omega?

Jan 09, 2013

How the Sun’s interior generates its magnetic field is a long-standing mystery for heliophysicists.

It is commonly believed that there is an electromagnetic dynamo inside the Sun. That dynamo has long been thought to be powered by two forces: the “stretching and winding” of magnetic fields due to the Sun’s differential rotation, or change in rotation rate, caused by differences in latitude, and the “twisting” of those fields because of rotational effects on structures rising up from deep in the Sun’s interior. The former is called “the omega effect” and the latter is called “the alpha effect”.

Until recently, those two forces were thought to be what powers the Sun’s magnetic field. Those movements through the Sun’s substance, as well as thermal convection due to the hypothetical radiation generated at the core, are required to be above a certain power threshold or the theory cannot be sustained.

According to a recent press release, researchers from New York University, Princeton University, the Max Planck Institute, and NASA have determined that the convective plasma flows in the Sun are 100 times too slow for the aforementioned phenomena to be generated.

more from Thunderbolts:
[link to www.thunderbolts.info]

Hello allsunhf

Hugh,I am sure you know that was originally reported around 2011/12 but very important for the following reasons -

'These new findings based on SDO imagery, if verified, would upend our understanding of how heat is transported outwards by the Sun and challenges existing explanations of the formation of sunspots, the magnetic field generation of the sun, not to mention the concept of convective mixing of light and heavy elements in the solar atmosphere. 'However, our results (PDF) suggest that convective motions in the Sun are nearly 100 times smaller than these current theoretical expectations,' continued Hanasoge, also a postdoctoral fellow at the Max Plank Institute in Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany. 'These motions are indeed that slow in the Sun, then the most widely accepted theory concerning the generation of solar magnetic field is broken, leaving us with no compelling theory to explain its generation of magnetic fields and the need to overhaul our understanding of the physics of the Sun's interior' [link to science.slashdot.org]

[link to phys.org]

[link to www.sciencedaily.com]

A very important issue(obviously!)

Thank Hugh for sharing the Thunderbolts Info on this Bro' : )

sun

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 01/14/2013 04:12 PM
The thing that hath been,
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:1
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/14/2013 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Is anybody in there?

ART BELL Interview w/ Dr. MICHIO KAKU from 2004 is being streamed beginning now online @:

[link to www.fineartstream.com]

spock
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/14/2013 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
dance1dunno1wtfdanceIs there an echo in here?

ART BELL Interview w/ Dr. MICHIO KAKU from 2004 is being streamed beginning now online @:

dancewtf1dunno1dance

Last Edited by Hugh M Eye on 01/14/2013 04:17 PM
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/14/2013 04:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Several filament eruptions today between 08:00z and 10:00z. One was north of 1652, one in the SW, and one beyond the SE limb. Another 8-hour gap with SOHO, so I can't say if anything is Earth-directed.

H-alpha movie:
[link to halpha.nso.edu]

SOHO C2 images:
[link to sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov]

Whoa!

Good stuff on H alpha - Did you notice previously 1657(S2164)just to the South-West of 1654 let one go also [link to halpha.nso.edu] ?
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/14/2013 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
dance1dunno1wtfdanceIs there an echo in here?

dancewtf1dunno1dance

Should we be in there?

Can we call out Michio on his Kaku!?
is That which shall be;
Isis One

User ID: 14343270
United States
01/14/2013 04:36 PM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Tiny Trink

S0 was puzzled as to source of the incoming CME as well. If he read here, he would have seen SC pegged it as the filament eruption from the southwest quad!!!! Yeah for GLP
Spread the word, change the collective conscious......
THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING TO GO AROUND

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

GLP