Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,109 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 396,641
Pageviews Today: 658,804Threads Today: 227Posts Today: 4,108
08:53 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)

#Geomagnetic_Storm#

User ID: 1426914
United States
01/21/2013 03:34 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)
:gg3421:

thumbsup
 Quoting: Da fuq

Looks a bit too far south, but i'm not sure.
Geoshill

Link to my Gaming Channel….
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
Da fuq

User ID: 16258666
United States
01/21/2013 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
:gg3421:

thumbsup

Looks a bit too far south, but i'm not sure.
 Quoting: #Geomagnetic_Storm#

We need ISWA to update someday.
Da fuq

United States
01/21/2013 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Boo no doom.

[link to iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov]
Hugh M Eye

User ID: 31662450
United States
01/21/2013 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.youtube.com]
Spittin'Cesium

User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
01/21/2013 05:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
MAPPING THE MILKY WAY- It’s harder to map our own galaxy than any of our neighbors — astronomers don’t even agree on how massive our galaxy is.

But astronomers have their ways of peering through the fog. At last week’s meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Long Beach, California, astronomers announced several new results based on these efforts which together help define the Milky Way’s structure, including the discovery of star-forming regions outlining spiral arms and a newly released survey of the mysterious magnetic field that permeates our galaxy.
[link to www.skyandtelescope.com]

Simulation of MW strcuture:
[link to milkywaybones.org]

Mapping of MW magnetic fields:
[link to gpips0.bu.edu]
 Quoting: Hugh M Eye

Incredible Info.

rad

Thank Hughsun

Hello allhf
The thing that hath been,
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:1
Da fuq

United States
01/21/2013 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/21/2013 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
so I have been telling you about the blue blowing over the moon for the last month....I started seeing it on december 20 2012..
now we have pictures and article of blue clouds blowing over the earth....any thoughts?

[link to earthobservatory.nasa.gov]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5779176

another picture here

[link to eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov]

These are called noctilucent clouds. There was mention of this on SO's 3-min news segment this morning. He made the comment that these aren't so "rare" anymore.

I personally, have not seen them, so I can't really comment on them. You may be seeing them since you are at a higher latitude? Maybe they are being seen at latitudes below the auroras (aurorae?).

Noctilucent clouds could definitely be an explanation around your observations of blue "cloud-like" waves around the moon. From what I understand, these clouds form much higher up in the stratosphere, so they would not be effected by wind. I.e. you would see other clouds move while these appeared stationary.
 Quoting: muse_1111

Here -

'forming from the reaction of methane with hydroxyl radicals in the stratosphere.[6]

The exhaust from Space Shuttles, which is almost entirely water vapour after the detachment of the Solid Rocket Booster at a height of about 46 km, has been found to generate minuscule individual clouds. About half of the vapour is released into the thermosphere, usually at altitudes of 103 to 114 km (64 to 71 mi).[7]

This exhaust can be transported to the Arctic region in little over a day, although the exact mechanism of this very high-speed transport is unknown. As the water migrates northward, it falls from the thermosphere down into the colder mesosphere, which occupies the region of the atmosphere just below.[8] Although this mechanism is the cause of individual noctilucent clouds, it is not thought to be a major contributor to the phenomenon as a whole.[6]

Noctilucent clouds are known to exhibit high radar reflectivity,[10] in a frequency range of 50 MHz to 1.3 GHz.[13] This behaviour is not well understood but a Caltech professor, Paul Bellan, has proposed a possible explanation: that the ice grains become coated with a thin metal film composed of sodium and iron, which makes the cloud far more reflective to radar,[10] although this explanation remains controversial.[14] Sodium and iron atoms are stripped from incoming micrometeors and settle into a layer just above the altitude of noctilucent clouds, and measurements have shown that these elements are severely depleted when the clouds are present. Other experiments have demonstrated that, at the extremely cold temperatures of a noctilucent cloud, sodium vapour can rapidly be deposited onto an ice surface' [link to en.wikipedia.org]

And [link to arctic-news.blogspot.co.uk] .

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 01/21/2013 05:25 PM
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
psyoptics

User ID: 11919225
United States
01/21/2013 05:24 PM

Report Abusive Post
so I have been telling you about the blue blowing over the moon for the last month....I started seeing it on december 20 2012..
now we have pictures and article of blue clouds blowing over the earth....any thoughts?

[link to earthobservatory.nasa.gov]

another picture here

These are called noctilucent clouds. There was mention of this on SO's 3-min news segment this morning. He made the comment that these aren't so "rare" anymore.

I personally, have not seen them, so I can't really comment on them. You may be seeing them since you are at a higher latitude? Maybe they are being seen at latitudes below the auroras (aurorae?).

Noctilucent clouds could definitely be an explanation around your observations of blue "cloud-like" waves around the moon. From what I understand, these clouds form much higher up in the stratosphere, so they would not be effected by wind. I.e. you would see other clouds move while these appeared stationary.

thanks for the comeback....
I get it that they are calling them Noctilucent clouds, but I have never seen it before...and a month srtaight...and it does look like it is blowing over the moon..
just wondering what might be causing it to be so cold...
the weather here in BC has been normal maybe a touch colder....
I am thinking Cosmic dust, they have found layers of cosmic dust every 3500 years in the ice and lava samples and we are due for our next sprinkling of cosmic dust right about now.....just saying because it doesn't make sense.....

soon
ODD
RARELY
SELDOM
will be replaced in dictionaries by....NORMAL, ALWAYS, and COMMON PLACE.
WE HAVE NOW BEEN NORMALIZED!
i did say Noctilucent clouds would soon be happening all the time.
a good video editor can make anyone say anything the editor wants.
psyoptics

User ID: 11919225
United States
01/21/2013 05:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
Hugh....
love the galaxy posts...
i just had a LOL moment....
how can we humans even think we can understand how this galaxy works when we fail to understand how some of our ancestors built their structure thousands of years ago...and we humans now can not do this with all our great modern knowledge today!

1dunno1
a good video editor can make anyone say anything the editor wants.
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/21/2013 05:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Meh?

[link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov] and [link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov]

Full MPeg of Ahead COR2 [link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov] and the other eruption on Behind [link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov] looks to be a Type III Halo.

I'm a little confused,just come online so excuse moi.

More wonderful MPegs of CME's from Stereo -
[link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov] and [link to stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov] <--- Wow.

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 01/21/2013 05:41 PM
is That which shall be;
Da fuq

United States
01/21/2013 05:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hugh....
love the galaxy posts...
how can we humans even think we can understand how this galaxy works when we fail to understand how some of our ancestors built their structure thousands of years ago...and we humans now can not do this with all our great modern knowledge today!

1dunno1
 Quoting: psyoptics

Mainstream science does not even know how the sun works.

We don't know shit about shit.

S.O new comp. Released today, suggest that everyone watches.

Last Edited by Da fuq on 01/21/2013 05:39 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5779176
Canada
01/21/2013 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
They are the highest clouds in the Earth's atmosphere, located in the
mesosphere at altitudes of around 75 to 85 kilometers (47 to 53 mi).
They are normally too faint to be seen, and are visible only when
illuminated by sunlight from below the horizon while the lower layers
of the atmosphere are in the Earth's shadow. Noctilucent clouds are
not fully understood as a meteorological phenomenon. Clouds generally are
not able to reach such high altitudes with such thin air pressures.

This was the first time the Captain or I had ever seen them.

"Noctilucent clouds are
not fully understood as a meteorological phenomenon"

[link to www.fotopedia.com]
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/21/2013 05:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

"Noctilucent clouds are

Read [link to arctic-news.blogspot.co.uk] .
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/21/2013 06:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

"Noctilucent clouds are

Read [link to arctic-news.blogspot.co.uk] .
 Quoting: Spittin'Cesium

So you are telling me they are from chemtrails?

and the ones on the moon are from the GRAIL project that they crashed into the moon a few days before I started seeing them?

or the earth is leaking mass amounts of methane and so is the moon?

or this "Noctilucent clouds are
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/21/2013 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Noctilucent clouds indicate more methane in upper atmosphere

Noctilucent clouds [credit: NASA]

The inner solar system is littered with meteoroids of all shapes and sizes—from asteroid-sized chunks of rock to microscopic specks of dust. Every day Earth scoops up tons of the material, mostly the small stuff. When meteoroids hit our atmosphere and burn up, they leave behind a haze of tiny particles suspended 70 km to 100 km above Earth's surface.

Inside the meteor smoke zone, at a height of 83 km, so-called noctilucent clouds can occur, describes a NASA article. Meteor dust is the nucleating agent around which such clouds form. Specks of meteor smoke act as gathering points where water molecules can assemble themselves and grow into ice crystals to sizes ranging from 20 to 70 nanometers.

While noctilucent clouds appear most often at Arctic latitudes, they have been sighted in recent years as far south as Colorado, Utah and Nebraska. Question is: Why are the clouds brightening and spreading?

Prof. James Russell of Hampton University believes that more in methane in the atmosphere is causing this. Russell explains: "When methane makes its way into the upper atmosphere, it is oxidized by a complex series of reactions to form water vapor. This extra water vapor is then available to grow ice crystals for noctilucent clouds."

In conclusion, this greater occurrence of octilucent clouds is an indication that more methane is escaping into the upper atmosphere
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/21/2013 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

The inner solar system is littered with meteoroids of all shapes and sizes—from asteroid-sized chunks of rock to microscopic specks of dust. Every day Earth scoops up tons of the material, mostly the small stuff. When meteoroids hit our atmosphere and burn up, they leave behind a haze of tiny particles suspended 70 km to 100 km above Earth's surface.

Inside the meteor smoke zone, at a height of 83 km, so-called noctilucent clouds can occur, describes a NASA article. Meteor dust is the nucleating agent around which such clouds form. Specks of meteor smoke act as gathering points where water molecules can assemble themselves and grow into ice crystals to sizes ranging from 20 to 70 nanometers.

While noctilucent clouds appear most often at Arctic latitudes, they have been sighted in recent years as far south as Colorado, Utah and Nebraska. Question is: Why are the clouds brightening and spreading?

Prof. James Russell of Hampton University believes that more in methane in the atmosphere is causing this. Russell explains: "When methane makes its way into the upper atmosphere, it is oxidized by a complex series of reactions to form water vapor. This extra water vapor is then available to grow ice crystals for noctilucent clouds."

In conclusion, this greater occurrence of octilucent clouds is an indication that more methane is escaping into the upper atmosphere

thanks SC....that dosen't sound very good for us....

I still think its "COSMIC DUST" though
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/21/2013 06:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

another picture here

thanks for the comeback....
I get it that they are calling them Noctilucent clouds, but I have never seen it before...and a month srtaight...and it does look like it is blowing over the moon..
just wondering what might be causing it to be so cold...
the weather here in BC has been normal maybe a touch colder....
I am thinking Cosmic dust, they have found layers of cosmic dust every 3500 years in the ice and lava samples and we are due for our next sprinkling of cosmic dust right about now.....just saying because it doesn't make sense.....

soon
ODD
RARELY
SELDOM
will be replaced in dictionaries by....NORMAL, ALWAYS, and COMMON PLACE.
WE HAVE NOW BEEN NORMALIZED!
i did say Noctilucent clouds would soon be happening all the time.

Why do you think they will be happening all the time PSY?
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/21/2013 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sorry it was just links and C/P - I am saving my Brain for thinking Tonightsun
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/21/2013 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hugh....
love the galaxy posts...

1dunno1

Mainstream science does not even know how the sun works.

We don't know shit about shit.

S.O new comp. Released today, suggest that everyone watches.

thanks....been waiting for him to put this out...wow...

kind of chilling when every thing you thought might be happening....really is

ahhh
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/21/2013 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sorry it was just links and C/P - I am saving my Brain for thinking Tonightsun

thanks for your thoughts....the more I think about it, it makes sense that the moonlight is allowing me to see a little bit of these noctilucent clouds....
crazy bloody times we live in brother...
Da fuq

United States
01/21/2013 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
can someone explain whats going on around 2 o clock?

[link to sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov]

[link to sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov] Ignore the snakemouth CH thing. It has teeth.

Last Edited by Da fuq on 01/21/2013 06:45 PM
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/21/2013 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

That will be a CME Brother - Looks like 1664 say by-by though nothing on X-rays [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] .

EVE looks exited [link to lasp.colorado.edu] could be quite a eruption.

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 01/21/2013 06:53 PM
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/21/2013 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere (AIM) mission will provide the first detailed exploration of Earth's unique and elusive noctilucent or night shining clouds that are found literally on the "edge of space." Located near the top of the Earth's mesosphere (the region just above the stratosphere), very little is known about how these polar mesospheric clouds form or why they vary. They are being seen at lower latitudes than ever before and have been growing brighter and more frequent, leading some scientists to suggest that this recent increase may be the direct result of human-induced climate change. The mission is led by Dr. James Russell of the Center for Atmospheric Sciences at Hampton University.

this is kind of creepy NASA made a song about them
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/21/2013 06:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere (AIM) mission will provide the first detailed exploration of Earth's unique and elusive noctilucent or night shining clouds that are found literally on the "edge of space." Located near the top of the Earth's mesosphere (the region just above the stratosphere), very little is known about how these polar mesospheric clouds form or why they vary. They are being seen at lower latitudes than ever before and have been growing brighter and more frequent, leading some scientists to suggest that this recent increase may be the direct result of human-induced climate change. The mission is led by Dr. James Russell of the Center for Atmospheric Sciences at Hampton University.

this is kind of creepy NASA made a song about them

not to beat my own drum but they do mention cosmic dust in their song...lol
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/21/2013 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

That will be a CME Brother - Looks like 1664 say by-by though nothing on X-rays [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] .

Take a look at the Looping Arcs [link to sdodata.oma.be] and here in ethereal 94 Angstroms [link to sdodata.oma.be] <--- Notice the Corona Above the Region becoming extremely exited.
is That which shall be;
Da fuq

United States
01/21/2013 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Take a look at the Looping Arcs [link to sdodata.oma.be] and here in ethereal 94 Angstroms [link to sdodata.oma.be] <--- Notice the Corona Above the Region becoming extremely exited.

meh

Could the sun burp/filament give us some trouble?

:5446t4:

Last Edited by Da fuq on 01/21/2013 07:06 PM
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/21/2013 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

meh

Could the sun burp/filament give us some trouble?

:5446t4:

Not according to that Sim.
is That which shall be;
Da fuq

United States
01/21/2013 07:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Our sun has become quite mysterious.

I still think a filament might rip off from the south eastern limb.

Last Edited by Da fuq on 01/21/2013 07:15 PM
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/21/2013 07:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's in the process right now [link to halpha.nso.edu] at least partially.

I just found something that has me a little bemused,appears just as a small White speck at around 3 on the dial moving out with a faint CME [link to www.sidc.oma.be] I'm thinking it must be part of a Farside CME though I cannot find it?
is That which shall be;
Da fuq

United States
01/21/2013 07:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's in the process right now [link to halpha.nso.edu] at least partially.

I just found something that has me a little bemused,appears just as a small White speck at around 3 on the dial moving out with a faint CME [link to www.sidc.oma.be] I'm thinking it must be part of a Farside CME though I cannot find it?

I bet Hugh could find it.

GLP