Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,124 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 552,825
Pageviews Today: 885,900Threads Today: 357Posts Today: 5,647
09:28 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)

Da fuq

User ID: 16258666
United States
01/26/2013 04:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)
BZ stabilized.

It's droppin. [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]
 Quoting: Da fuq

rising again
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33052806

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33052806
Germany
01/26/2013 05:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
01/26/2013 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
EXTENDED WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 4 expected
Extension to Serial Number: 2041
Valid From: 2013 Jan 26 0001 UTC
Now Valid Until: 2013 Jan 26 1800 UTC
Warning Condition: Persistence
Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 65 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude.
Induced Currents - Weak power grid fluctuations can occur.
Aurora - Aurora may be visible at high latitudes such as Canada and Alaska.
 Quoting: TS66

Thanks for the explanation earlier about my question... The reason I was asking is that certain times, I experience a unique sensation in my feet. An energetic, pins & needles, tingling type sensation and in the past I have noticed it may have coincided with reported solar activity. For instance sometimes when I've observed you guys reporting an elevated kp index, I have also observed that my feet feel like they are on fire or giving off lots of heat. I know some people get headaches or ear ringing or other types of physiological symptoms, but for me, I feel I am experiencing unusual sensations in my feet, lol. Just trying to see if there's a causal relationship / correlation there.

cool2
Isis One

User ID: 14343270
United States
01/26/2013 05:33 PM

Report Abusive Post
Power went out for good portion of eastern NY. The first thing I did after the power went back up was check my solar links ...

The county is also still investigating wink

Hi TS, I don't want to say there was definitely a supercharged energy afoot yesterday (with backlash today) like I won't consider other plausible explanations, but there was supercharged energy afoot yesterday. I don't want to even mention what I think about what they are doing with the moon lately, but lets just say, its not for our benefit. Wouldn't that be a hoot if that got disclosed with all the disclosure rumblings? Moon is artificial destabilizier of human consciousness? Ooops, I said it.
Spread the word, change the collective conscious......
THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING TO GO AROUND

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
Hugh M Eye

User ID: 31662450
United States
01/26/2013 05:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Higher and higher

Is it normal to be like this ?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29014015

From a CH stream? I don't see how, then again this CH formed a perfect triangle at one point. I think it may be our shields being as weak as they are.

Our shields started to weaken around 400 years ago, so man being the cause is bullshit.
There is something affecting our solar system right now, change is noticeable on almost every planet.

This is the end of a cycle.

I'm assuming you're referring to the ACE low-energy protons graph. Remember that the ACE spacecraft is about a million miles in front of Earth (towards the sun), so it is outside of our 'shields' or magnetosphere. Also these 'Low-energy' protons are measured in kilo-electron volts whereas the GOES proton flux (in Earth orbit) measures the more powerful Mega-electron Volts we see in an SEP (solar energetic particle) event.
ACE low-energy protons-24hr. flux plot:

GOES proton flux plot:

As far as what is causing the rise in protons, I haven't been able to find anything yet. Typically, they rise shortly following an energetic flare or CME. I haven't found too many of those today, haha. It's possibly from a far-side event (most likely near the Earth's magnetic footpoint in the SW). I don't believe it's related to the coronal hole winds.

If you look at the 7-day plot you can see it's returning to near the same levels we saw on the 20th:

I am curious as to the source event, though, considering the x-ray flux has been flirting with "A-Levels" today (at least Earth-side).
Isis One

United States
01/26/2013 05:36 PM

Report Abusive Post
It creates a solar wind stream which hits earth the same as a flare would, but with far less of an impact for the most part.

A day or two after a CH faces Earth directly, we can expect an uptick in temp, solar wind speed, and density which our magnetosphere then pumps up to protect earth from.

Recently, solar wind streams from CHs have been weak to non existent.

maybe the data you are reading is false
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 831180

The data today ?? No, looks like we are actually getting some action, all 3 are up. However, CHs, for whatever reason have been lacking any integrity for the past several weeks, and have come and gone without going beyond 350/kms.

This is a good thing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 831180

what i am saying is that nasa mess about and blur the picture by putting false data on the sites that you guys research....i dont trust them at all,nasa are sneaky b2stards(as i am sure you know)

something massive is happening,so huge ,so big its a true historic event,the power grid is going to fry

Edit

It certainly don't believe it is out of the realm of consideration, and no I don't trust government to ever tell us the whole truth.

After watching for these past two years, the most I've seen are massive data gaps, at the most inopportune moments (depending on your perspective of course).

Maybe it is just a flick of a switch to fudge the data ??? I'm not sure how many solar data links you have, but there is a lot of data to fudge out there.

My biggest red flag would be to see a multitude of posters commenting on the aurora, especially observed lower latitude auroras, and no solar data from the space agencies to explain it ....

Doesn't all the original data download to a place in Australia, and then is released from there to ALL other agencies? Would make tweaking it easier if that's the case.

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
Isis One

United States
01/26/2013 05:41 PM

Report Abusive Post
AC 176 from Canada, where would you place galactic center in this video diagram, if that makes any sense? Thanks.
[link to www.youtube.com]

Edit, figured out how to embed
 Quoting: Isis One

this video explains earths orbit around our soun a little better...

[link to www.youtube.com]

I thought I made it pretty clear what my theory was ,but because you are so nice I will try again...

December 21 2012 alighnment...EARTH....SUN.....CENTER OF GALAXY....on this alighnment the SUN is in the middle, the SUN is roughly 1 million times large than the EARTH.
So my thinking is that if there is cosmic energy, rays, dust or a super wave comming from the center of the GALAXY...and the SUN is in the middle and 1 million times larger than EARTH, then the SUN will block most of this energy from hitting EARTH....this may explain all the backside activity on the SUN latley and the calm on EARTH facing side.....

Now as EARTH orbits around the SUN, EARTH slowly moves out from the SUNS protection, and by March 21 equinox we have no more protection from the SUN, as EARTH is now beside the SUN, and EARTH will recieve more activity from the SUN and more cosmic energy from the CENTER OF THE GALAXY.....

When the EARTH orbits to the June 21 solstice, this will be another alighnment...SUN, EARTH,CENTER OF THE GALAXY...
in this alighnment we have EARTH in the middle, with the northern hemisphere at its closest angle to the SUN and the southern hemisphere at its closest angle to the CENTER OF THE GALAXY....

MY theory is that when this happens on june 21, both poles of the EARTH will be charged with an enormous amount of energy and may bring about a pole shift....

If my theory is correct, we should see an inrease of earth facing activity from the SUN and an increase of comic energyfrom the CENTER OF THE GALAXY, every day now until the june 21 solstice....

I believe the Mayan calender ending was the end of the 4th sun..
Now we will witness the birth of the 5th sun, I can only imagine how much energy is involved in the birth of the 5th sun....
this process is affecting the whole SOLAR SYSTEM......

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL THING

I hope this explains my theory to you a little better Isis...

hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5779176

Ah, thanks AC, I will focus on it til I get it, thanks.

Hugh M Eye

United States
01/26/2013 06:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kp=4 Active/Unsettled-

Magnetometers are getting some action today for a change. Although less than a storm, I think this is the most activity we've seen for a while.

Kiruna Magnetometer:
[link to www.irf.se]

HAARP Fluxgate Magnetometer:
[link to www.haarp.alaska.edu]

GOES Magnetometer:

Potsdam Kp Index:
[link to www.theusner.eu]

NASA Magnetosphere Simulation:
[link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6185582
United States
01/26/2013 06:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Power went out for good portion of eastern NY. The first thing I did after the power went back up was check my solar links ...

Hi TS, I don't want to say there was definitely a supercharged energy afoot yesterday (with backlash today) like I won't consider other plausible explanations, but there was supercharged energy afoot yesterday. I don't want to even mention what I think about what they are doing with the moon lately, but lets just say, its not for our benefit. Wouldn't that be a hoot if that got disclosed with all the disclosure rumblings? Moon is artificial destabilizier of human consciousness? Ooops, I said it.

Lol.... We all have our theories. Even my relatively conservstive views here, are very radical to the mainstream wink

In regard to data collection in Australia ... I've never heard that .

Hugh, where was the facility that lost it's a/c and prevented us from seeing some solar data ??

I just can't remember. I'm almost sure it was here in the US.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/26/2013 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
The updated predictor does show a hit today.

Anyone notice the updated Cygnet Streamer ??

:12613:

Looks more like a CME now ...

Kp=4 Active/Unsettled-

Magnetometers are getting some action today for a change. Although less than a storm, I think this is the most activity we've seen for a while.

Kiruna Magnetometer:
[link to www.irf.se]

HAARP Fluxgate Magnetometer:
[link to www.haarp.alaska.edu]

GOES Magnetometer:

Potsdam Kp Index:
[link to www.theusner.eu]

NASA Magnetosphere Simulation:
[link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov]
 Quoting: Hugh M Eye
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/26/2013 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Lol.... We all have our theories. Even my relatively conservstive views here, are very radical to the mainstream wink

Hugh, where was the facility that lost it's a/c and prevented us from seeing some solar data ??

Howdy, I think that was near Goddard in Maryland when DC got hit with that 'super-derecho' storm. Their servers were offline for about 2 days. SDO and SOHO were shut down for the most part. June 2012 I think it was....
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/26/2013 06:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you Hugh

You're amazing by the way hf
Da fuq

United States
01/26/2013 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you Hugh

I agree.

Last Edited by Da fuq on 01/26/2013 07:13 PM
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/26/2013 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you Hugh

I agree.

Don't make me blush now, Suntards.

lolsigneyebat
Spittin'Cesium

User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
01/26/2013 07:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Higher and higher

From a CH stream? I don't see how, then again this CH formed a perfect triangle at one point. I think it may be our shields being as weak as they are.

Our shields started to weaken around 400 years ago, so man being the cause is bullshit.
There is something affecting our solar system right now, change is noticeable on almost every planet.

I'm assuming you're referring to the ACE low-energy protons graph. Remember that the ACE spacecraft is about a million miles in front of Earth (towards the sun), so it is outside of our 'shields' or magnetosphere. Also these 'Low-energy' protons are measured in kilo-electron volts whereas the GOES proton flux (in Earth orbit) measures the more powerful Mega-electron Volts we see in an SEP (solar energetic particle) event.

GOES proton flux plot:

As far as what is causing the rise in protons, I haven't been able to find anything yet. Typically, they rise shortly following an energetic flare or CME. I haven't found too many of those today, haha. It's possibly from a far-side event (most likely near the Earth's magnetic footpoint in the SW). I don't believe it's related to the coronal hole winds.

If you look at the 7-day plot you can see it's returning to near the same levels we saw on the 20th:

I am curious as to the source event, though, considering the x-ray flux has been flirting with "A-Levels" today (at least Earth-side).

Hello Hugh and allsunhf

You say you are not sure about the Protons,I thought you may be interested to know(incase you didn't already)that CMEs' themselves(also CHs')can cause a shockwave that is powerful enough to generate Highly Energetic Particles/SEPs' of 10MeV - 1GeV,here -

' outer corona, solar wind & SEPs

The geoeffectiveness of an interplanetary CME (ICME) is a result of both its intrinsic character and its ambient solar wind environs. In addition, fast CMEs can produce strong shock waves which in turn are efficient producers of very energetic particles (10MeV to 1GeV). These particles can physically damage spacecraft, and can be extremely dangerous to astronauts
' [link to solarmuri.ssl.berkeley.edu]

Rice and Peas.
The thing that hath been,
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
01/26/2013 07:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.spacedaily.com]

I guess this addresses my question from last night.
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/26/2013 07:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
North-East Filament looking Fraggletastic [link to halpha.nso.edu] may go any time now.
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
psyoptics

User ID: 11919225
United States
01/26/2013 07:52 PM

Report Abusive Post

Delaware i believe.
U of D....SDO and SOHO data stores went down for days over the summer

Last Edited by psyoptics on 01/26/2013 07:52 PM
a good video editor can make anyone say anything the editor wants.
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/26/2013 07:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

GOES proton flux plot:

Hello Hugh and allsunhf

You say you are not sure about the Protons,I thought you may be interested to know(incase you didn't already)that CMEs' themselves(also CHs')can cause a shockwave that is powerful enough to generate Highly Energetic Particles/SEPs' of 10MeV - 1GeV,here -

The geoeffectiveness of an interplanetary CME (ICME) is a result of both its intrinsic character and its ambient solar wind environs. In addition, fast CMEs can produce strong shock waves which in turn are efficient producers of very energetic particles (10MeV to 1GeV). These particles can physically damage spacecraft, and can be extremely dangerous to astronauts

Rice and Peas.
 Quoting: Spittin'Cesium

You are correct, Sir Cesium. 'Twas the IP Shock sayeth NOAA, too....Alas-

Solar Wind

.24 hr Summary...
Solar wind speed, measured at the ACE spacecraft, increased from
approximately 400 km/s to end the period near 550 km/s as a coronal hole
high speed stream became geoeffective. Total field reached 15nT by
26/1400 UTC while the Bz component of the interplanetary magnetic field
ranged from around -10 to 12nT through the period. Low energy particle
flux detected by the EPAM instrument on ACE began climbing around
26/1600 UTC suggesting the approach of the shock from the 23 January
CME.

psyoptics

United States
01/26/2013 07:57 PM

Report Abusive Post

Delaware i believe.
U of D....SDO and SOHO data stores went down for days over the summer
 Quoting: psyoptics

nope it was Stanford University's ac that took it down for days last summer!

Last Edited by psyoptics on 01/26/2013 07:58 PM
psyoptics

United States
01/26/2013 08:01 PM

Report Abusive Post

GOES proton flux plot:

Hello Hugh and allsunhf

Rice and Peas.

Solar Wind

.24 hr Summary...
CME.

i guess the faster things are moving the more damage small particles will cause.

all is relative!
Da fuq

United States
01/26/2013 08:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

wut? ......

Last Edited by Da fuq on 01/26/2013 08:02 PM
psyoptics

United States
01/26/2013 08:06 PM

Report Abusive Post

i believe ACE was having transmission issues once again.

is it the SAT's transmitter or space weather. lets hope the later!
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
hi Cesium Having a hard time staying focused here with lack of activity ....

Very sadsigh
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
Report Abusive Post

GOES proton flux plot:

Hello Hugh and allsunhf

Rice and Peas.

Solar Wind

.24 hr Summary...
CME.

Schweetsun

Hope you are good Sol'Man.
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/26/2013 08:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
hi Cesium Having a hard time staying focused here with lack of activity ....

Very sadsigh

Hello 66water

I know what you mean,that is why I have been hunting through Solar data of Days past.

Much Luv to you 66,I take it things are ok with you and yourssunhf
is That which shall be;
Da fuq

United States
01/26/2013 08:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

yeah, seems to be only speed spiked.

Error.

Man, I'm bored.
Hugh M Eye

United States
01/26/2013 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
If a spot forms on the sun and NOAA doesn't number it, does it really exist? I forgot to add this to my list of grievances against the official Sunspot Number. Strangely, they actually refer to 2 new active regions, yet decline to number them. Is there like a 'two-flare minimum' to join the club or what? The hi-latitude spot alone throws the daily sunspot number off by more than ten points....jes' sayin'. By the way, I mentioned this spot 24-hrs. ago and it's been growing since then.

New (as of yesterday) AR 166?-
:166?:

Solar Activity

.24 hr Summary...
Solar activity was very low. The largest flare of the period was a B7
flare at 26/0301 UTC from Region 1660 (N13W81)
. Slight growth was
observed in Region 1661 during the period. New flux emerged in the
southeast quadrant and was numbered Region 1663 (S10E46). New flux was
also emerging near N09E34 and N31W36 and is being monitored. No
Earth-directed CMEs were observed during the period.

NOAA wrong again! The B7.1 flare was from 1663..."I seen it wid me own peepers!" and Lockheed confirms:
[link to www.lmsal.com]

Joint USAF/NOAA Solar Region Summary
SRS Number 27 Issued at 0030Z on 27 Jan 2013
Report compiled from data received at SWO on 26 Jan
I. Regions with Sunspots. Locations Valid at 26/2400Z
Nmbr Location Lo Area Z LL NN Mag Type
1660 N13W81 065 0100 Dao 10 06 Beta
1661 N15E08 337 0030 Cro 05 05 Beta
1662 N28E28 317 0050 Hsx 02 01 Alpha
1663 S10E46 299 0010 Bxo 03 03 Beta

Last Edited by Hugh M Eye on 01/26/2013 08:17 PM
madajs

User ID: 24791599
Canada
01/26/2013 08:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hrmm dealing with ban issues again. What is it with GLP and randomly ban sweeping even gentle users such as myself? :P
And always, he fought the temptation to choose a clear, safe course, warning: "That path leads ever down into stagnation."
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
01/26/2013 08:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hrmm dealing with ban issues again. What is it with GLP and randomly ban sweeping even gentle users such as myself? :P
 Quoting: madajs

Hello Madass!

I don't know Bro' - I am banned also and have been for the last 2 1/2 Weeks(ish),very annoying.

Respect to you Madasssunhf
is That which shall be;

GLP