Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,552 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 78,919
Pageviews Today: 127,827Threads Today: 54Posts Today: 774
01:13 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)

sounds

User ID: 16285636
Australia
02/23/2013 04:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SOLAR WATCH * Huge X8.2 Flare Sept. 10, 2017! (Updated Daily)
Hi Sol crew, I spent some time making a little video re: sunspots today.
Hope you guys take a lookhf

[link to s1245.beta.photobucket.com]

peace
Political correctness without wisdom, is just Political nonsense.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34234116
United States
02/23/2013 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

peace
 Quoting: sounds

All very impressive Sounds ... the music and video outstanding.

clappa
Tiny Trink

User ID: 34877295
United States
02/23/2013 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Much Love,

[link to www.youtube.com]

Tiny Trink, Double T, Tink Tink, T x 2

"You are responsible for the Energy you bring into a space" ~ Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

Shine Brightly as someone is needing your Inner Light to find theirs.
Spittin'Cesium

User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
02/23/2013 09:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
hiPeoplessun

Hope all are relativehf

Not too much a'gwan with the Sun to report,yet,so here is the Daily rundown of Solar Stats. courtesy of Solen -

Recent activity

The geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled on February 22. Solar wind speed at SOHO ranged between 353 and 395 km/s under the influence of a low speed coronal hole stream.

Solar flux measured at 20h UTC on 2.8 GHz was 107.0 (increasing 7.6 over the last solar rotation). The Potsdam WDC planetary A index was 10 (STAR Ap - based on the mean of three hour interval ap indices: 10.3). Three hour interval K indices: 33223223 (planetary), 32223322 (Boulder).

The background x-ray flux was at the class B3 level.

At midnight UTC the visible solar disk had 7 spotted active regions (in 2K resolution SDO images).

Region 11673 [S11W22] decayed slowly and quietly.
Region 11675 [N12W51] was quiet and stable.
Region 11676 [S19E02] was quiet and stable.
Region 11678 [N10W82] was mostly unchanged as it rotated to the northwest limb.

Spotted regions not numbered by SWPC:
S2247 [S23E52] was quiet and stable.
New region S2248 [S20E33] emerged with a penumbra spot.
New region S2249 [N00E05] emerged at the equator with a penumbra spot

And for the Coronal Hole Highlighted in the video posted above by Tink,it is a recurrent CH(it was a feature on the last rotation) - 'A recurrent trans equatorial coronal hole (CH556) will likely rotate into an Earth facing position on February 27' [link to www.solen.info]

Geo-space conditions - 'Forecast

The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled on February 23 and quiet on February 24-26
' [link to www.solen.info] <--- A must for any branching tardsun

Thank you Tink for posting S0 Gnewz : )

hf66sun

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 02/23/2013 09:06 AM
The thing that hath been,
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:1
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/23/2013 09:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Morning Cesium hf

I am currently experiencing solar activity withdrawals, or as I'd like to call it, solar menopause. Need to find a supplement !!! wink
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 09:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

peace
 Quoting: sounds

Sounds!

That was totally Gorgeouscheersun

Awesome,awesome,awesome.

Will this be a regular feature then Sounds?

hf
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35003139
United Kingdom
02/23/2013 09:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here is a question for ALL to chime in about: Do you think we are headed for a Grand Minimum, if so, do you think we will go into a mini ice age at the least?

I would like whys and links and everything on this. Would put it out on the board but just don't want to listen to the shills/trolls and the negative crap this question would bring up. Wanting real data and not dribble that "out there" would bring.

Thanks in advance to all you wonderful people!!
 Quoting: whiteangel

[link to www.theregister.co.uk]

yes I do, the number of omega jet stream vortexes is at an all time high. The reason we're having these monumental lows versus highs on the front is because our pacific rim temps are moving substantially north. These cap influxes are derived from polar rain , particle assimilation through our polarity cycle into our geodynamo. We aren't getting near the numbers needed for sustained jet stream levels and ionospheric particle averages. We will see above average temps for the next 3 to 6 months and next winter will be a russian bear. Europe will be frozen solid and I do have climatic data for this just not sure if I can share it, yet , will if I can. My hands have been slapped many times.
This weather is far from over , we will see bad cycles for another month.

When you consider the curent exchange in our suns levels and realize this has been greatly altered by sheer lack of FLARE output which is the initial catalyst in solar weather, you understand the factors involving plasmatic output. Its a cleansing if you will of a shedding sun. These minimums need to happen and we should be clear that if they don't we've got a dying star on our hands. This along with other events makes this a time for reasonant science to mix with spiritual gleaming. this is a monumental time peiod to experience. Peace all, high fives to you Angel!

Check HUGHS electric universe threads for added input, very good stuff!
 Quoting: shadasonic

Wow,that was a great answer Shad, WA, ask and you shall receive right?
 Quoting: Isis One

not sure if this been posted (i cant remember where i found it)
mister Leif Svalgaard, Stanford University, take on possible...
"Another Maunder Minimum?"

[link to www.leif.org]

(i'd be v.interested in your data shadasonic if/when poss. nice one)
hi and rgds all, rawpaul : )
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 09:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Morning Cesium hf

I am currently experiencing solar activity withdrawals, or as I'd like to call it, solar menopause. Need to find a supplement !!! wink
 Quoting: TS66

Tell me about it!

Same here,not just am I withdrawing from Solar Action but also from the Suns' warmth over here in South-West UK,I am bloody freezing my knackers off!

Shame,as the 19th was a stunningly still,sunny and reasonably warm Day that had me thinking perhaps Spring was in the air,no such luck - by the 20th it had gone to -1 C,again.

My Flat,it is very Cold - Still,I have my Manwichhes to get stuck into -

:eatup:

hf
is That which shall be;
djkush

User ID: 32927580
United Kingdom
02/23/2013 09:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Morning Cesium hf

Tell me about it!

Same here,not just am I withdrawing from Solar Action but also from the Suns' warmth over here in South-West UK,I am bloody freezing my knackers off!

Shame,as the 19th was a stunningly still,sunny and reasonably warm Day that had me thinking perhaps Spring was in the air,no such luck - by the 20th it had gone to -1 C,again.

hf
 Quoting: Spittin'Cesium

where in sw are u? im in somerset and bloody freezing too
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 09:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here is a question for ALL to chime in about: Do you think we are headed for a Grand Minimum, if so, do you think we will go into a mini ice age at the least?

I would like whys and links and everything on this. Would put it out on the board but just don't want to listen to the shills/trolls and the negative crap this question would bring up. Wanting real data and not dribble that "out there" would bring.

Thanks in advance to all you wonderful people!!
 Quoting: whiteangel

[link to www.theregister.co.uk]

yes I do, the number of omega jet stream vortexes is at an all time high. The reason we're having these monumental lows versus highs on the front is because our pacific rim temps are moving substantially north. These cap influxes are derived from polar rain , particle assimilation through our polarity cycle into our geodynamo. We aren't getting near the numbers needed for sustained jet stream levels and ionospheric particle averages. We will see above average temps for the next 3 to 6 months and next winter will be a russian bear. Europe will be frozen solid and I do have climatic data for this just not sure if I can share it, yet , will if I can. My hands have been slapped many times.
This weather is far from over , we will see bad cycles for another month.

When you consider the curent exchange in our suns levels and realize this has been greatly altered by sheer lack of FLARE output which is the initial catalyst in solar weather, you understand the factors involving plasmatic output. Its a cleansing if you will of a shedding sun. These minimums need to happen and we should be clear that if they don't we've got a dying star on our hands. This along with other events makes this a time for reasonant science to mix with spiritual gleaming. this is a monumental time peiod to experience. Peace all, high fives to you Angel!

Check HUGHS electric universe threads for added input, very good stuff!

Wow,that was a great answer Shad, WA, ask and you shall receive right?
 Quoting: Isis One

not sure if this been posted (i cant remember where i found it)
mister Leif Svalgaard, Stanford University, take on possible...
"Another Maunder Minimum?"

[link to www.leif.org]

(i'd be v.interested in your data shadasonic if/when poss. nice one)
hi and rgds all, rawpaul : )
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35003139

I think we at least showed about 30-40 pages back that at the very least things are looking similar to the Dalton Minimum when we compare the cycles previous to our current 24 and the preceding Cycles that led to the Dalton Minimum - If I could remember what Pages that was on I'd pull it back up in order that you too could check it out for yourselfhf

The Maunder Minimum was a very entrenched period of minimal output that would be ele to Modern Civilization,a Dalton would be bad enough.

In the light of not much Solar Action gwannin' I may try and find that data again.

sun?
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 09:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Morning Cesium hf

Tell me about it!

hf

Quoting: djkush

Yes yes!

Bristol in the Building!

St.Pauls to be precise : )

DjKush eh...Champion Sound!?
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/23/2013 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Morning Cesium hf

Tell me about it!

hf

Just checked the weather here for the next 2 weeks ... 20s (F) at night, snow, rain 40s during the day without one glimpse of the sun.

I've hit my gloom max.
djkush

User ID: 32927580
United Kingdom
02/23/2013 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Morning Cesium hf

Tell me about it!

hf

Yes yes!

Bristol in the Building!

thats where i moved from. too much traffic was in bemmy,st pauls weed capitol lol. dont suppose you know where to get hash?
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
02/23/2013 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think we at least showed about 30-40 pages back that at the very least things are looking similar to the Dalton Minimum when we compare the cycles previous to our current 24 and the preceding Cycles that led to the Dalton Minimum - If I could remember what Pages that was on I'd pull it back up in order that you too could check it out for yourselfhf

The Maunder Minimum was a very entrenched period of minimal output that would be ele to Modern Civilization,a Dalton would be bad enough.

In the light of not much Solar Action gwannin' I may try and find that data again.

sun?

yes thanks sc, i seem to remember that... i know leifs ideas have contention amongst some, i'm too much of novice to comment personally but find any views interesting..
yeh freezing here too...! trying snow -im about 60mile east of bristol nr newbury, for a bit longer anyway : ) rp
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

sun?

yes thanks sc, i seem to remember that... i know leifs ideas have contention amongst some, i'm too much of novice to comment personally but find any views interesting..
yeh freezing here too...! trying snow -im about 60mile east of bristol nr newbury, for a bit longer anyway : ) rp

Hello againhi

I trawled Google to try and find some of the evidences I tried to use to show the comparison and found some of it,here -

'Why do you conclude that the deviation of this Cycles(Min. and Max.)comparative Magnetism compared to the last Cycles does not potentially represent a overall Minimum(akin to the Maunder)but you still say to expect the Earth-Facing quiet to continue Sol'Bro'?

The Maunder Minimum is one of the longer known periods of quiet but there is also the 'Dalton Minimum' of the 1700's,here - 'The Dalton Minimum was a period of low solar activity, named for the English meteorologist John Dalton. Like the Maunder Minimum and Spörer Minimum, the Dalton Minimum coincided with a period of lower-than-average global temperatures. The Oberlach Station in Germany, for example, experienced a 2.0° C decline over 20 years. Less severe than the Maunder minimum of the 1600s, a period with what was to be a long period of a sunspotless sun. It was nonetheless a cold era
.' [link to images.intellicast.com] .

Other interesting factoids relating to the apparent similarities between the build up and arrival of the Dalton Min. are the SS Numbers of the prior Cycles marked out here [link to images.intellicast.com] [link to images.intellicast.com] - Excuse the fact that the dates span to 2010,these are from a article from 09,a period where a prolonged Spotless period led to the temporary collapse of our upper Atmospheres.

I'll quote some of the page and then post the link,you will find it of much use I think Da'Fuq -

November 9th 2009
---------------------

'The cycle was also very long. Minimum was likely reached in December, making the cycle 12.7 years long. The two prior cycles have been 10.3 and 9.7 years. Often cycles shorter than 10.5 years are stronger cycles with greater warmth, those greater than 11 years, weaker and colder. Short cycles herald a warm global temperature indicator. The Dalton Minimum it was thought started with a skipped solar cycle and coincided with a very long solar cycle 4 from 1784-1799. Usoskin (2001) in this paper believe they may have found a lost cycle in that period due to partly unreliable observations. It appears to have been a very weak cycle. This is the general belief of cycle lengths since the middle 1700s - Note the similarity of the last four cycles to the first four cycles leading into the Dalton Minimum
.' - Recommended Reading [link to www.intellicast.com] <--- Read itsun

Phew!

Edit:Links Fixed.

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 02/23/2013 10:06 AM
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 10:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

Tell me about it!

hf

Yes yes!

Bristol in the Building!

thats where i moved from. too much traffic was in bemmy,st pauls weed capitol lol. dont suppose you know where to get hash?

?

Do you know where you are!?

Peace.
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

sun?

You(and no-one else)are ever too much of a novice to comment,we all have ideas that need to be shared in order that they be sifted and a agreeable outcome can be found that suits the picture frame...if you get what I meanscratching

thumbs
is That which shall be;
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
02/23/2013 10:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
thanks sc, thanks for links, will checkit. -just seems like every time i start to form an opinion/understanding, another variable comes along that makes me doubt! lol! glad of your and alls work/opinions/ideas here tho, food for thought -sunfood : )
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes yes!

Bristol in the Building!

?

Do you know where you are!?

Peace.

Sorry,no offense meant what-so-ever - Just a nudge to say 'check yo' surroundings' before making such a comment Bro'/Sis'hf

That kind of discussion should really be left outside of the nets.

But your comment about Pauls' - Yes,it is that and capital(why did you spell it American?)of most everything it would seem.

Music esp.

music
is That which shall be;
shadasonic

User ID: 34416224
United States
02/23/2013 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

sun?

Hello againhi

I trawled Google to try and find some of the evidences I tried to use to show the comparison and found some of it,here -

'Why do you conclude that the deviation of this Cycles(Min. and Max.)comparative Magnetism compared to the last Cycles does not potentially represent a overall Minimum(akin to the Maunder)but you still say to expect the Earth-Facing quiet to continue Sol'Bro'?

The Maunder Minimum is one of the longer known periods of quiet but there is also the 'Dalton Minimum' of the 1700's,here - 'The Dalton Minimum was a period of low solar activity, named for the English meteorologist John Dalton. Like the Maunder Minimum and Spörer Minimum, the Dalton Minimum coincided with a period of lower-than-average global temperatures. The Oberlach Station in Germany, for example, experienced a 2.0° C decline over 20 years. Less severe than the Maunder minimum of the 1600s, a period with what was to be a long period of a sunspotless sun. It was nonetheless a cold era

Other interesting factoids relating to the apparent similarities between the build up and arrival of the Dalton Min. are the SS Numbers of the prior Cycles marked out here [link to images.intellicast.com] [link to images.intellicast.com] - Excuse the fact that the dates span to 2010,these are from a article from 09,a period where a prolonged Spotless period led to the temporary collapse of our upper Atmospheres.

I'll quote some of the page and then post the link,you will find it of much use I think Da'Fuq -

November 9th 2009
---------------------

'The cycle was also very long. Minimum was likely reached in December, making the cycle 12.7 years long. The two prior cycles have been 10.3 and 9.7 years. Often cycles shorter than 10.5 years are stronger cycles with greater warmth, those greater than 11 years, weaker and colder. Short cycles herald a warm global temperature indicator. The Dalton Minimum it was thought started with a skipped solar cycle and coincided with a very long solar cycle 4 from 1784-1799. Usoskin (2001) in this paper believe they may have found a lost cycle in that period due to partly unreliable observations. It appears to have been a very weak cycle. This is the general belief of cycle lengths since the middle 1700s - Note the similarity of the last four cycles to the first four cycles leading into the Dalton Minimum

Phew!

Thanks for the refresh SC!
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
thanks sc, thanks for links, will checkit. -just seems like every time i start to form an opinion/understanding, another variable comes along that makes me doubt! lol! glad of your and alls work/opinions/ideas here tho, food for thought -sunfood : )

hf

Highlighted - That is the way of the method UKAC!

Always remember,the Book is never complete even if you've read all the chapters you still got to add the sum of the Words.

Nothing is fixed in stone and the things that appear to be are overturned when they realize the mighty monolith has been reduced by time to the form of a pebblecrazy

(Scuse' me)

Everything is constantly unfolding forever when you are riding the crest of the Big Long Now.

filamentspring

sun
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

sun?

Hello againhi

November 9th 2009
---------------------

Phew!

Hello Shada!

Nae' Problem Brothersun

Hope all is relative with you Today : )
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Morning Cesium hf

Tell me about it!

hf

Just checked the weather here for the next 2 weeks ... 20s (F) at night, snow, rain 40s during the day without one glimpse of the sun.

I've hit my gloom max.

About the same here,20 F is equal to about -6 Celsius and I think we are about -1.

The Skies are Gray,forecast to stay similar to yours 66,Nevermind!

The Weather has been so Schizophrenic of late I wouldn't be surprised if within 2 Days it is +15 C - Things sure feels out of kilter.

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 02/23/2013 10:52 AM
is That which shall be;
shadasonic

United States
02/23/2013 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hello againhi

November 9th 2009
---------------------

Phew!

Hello Shada!

Nae' Problem Brothersun

Hope all is relative with you Today : )

Relatively quiet,sipping large cups of polish coffee(quite good)and resting my snow beaten body.lol
Unless something develops looks like we've got several days of a resting sol
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
shadasonic

United States
02/23/2013 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to solarham.net]

Looks like 1665 will be back around soon!

Whatever 1670 has become along with joined spots, its something else

Last Edited by Thinking out loud on 02/23/2013 10:56 AM
mtn_mang

User ID: 26779253
United States
02/23/2013 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
hey, what's eh, goin on here??

[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
First Rule [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] Broken.

1678 [link to sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov] Just as predicted by us earlier in the Weekchuckle

sun
is That which shall be;
Hugh M Eye

User ID: 31662450
United States
02/23/2013 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
hey, what's eh, goin on here??

[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]
 Quoting: mtn_mang

I think he finally popped!

farsidehiding
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Instant correlation [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] Auroral Zone [link to helios.swpc.noaa.gov] Primed and Bz Southward [link to mms.rice.edu] .

woohoo

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 02/23/2013 11:12 AM
is That which shall be;
Spittin'Cesium

Netherlands
02/23/2013 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think I found a direct correlation between Shadas' mention of Polish Coffee and a decent Flare.

Say it again Shadswink
is That which shall be;

GLP