Tsunami Dream

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1291710
United States
03/11/2011 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Tsunami Dream
I think it's silly to think we can or can't predict the future. The verdict's out. We don't know enough about human consciousness and the brain to know its true power.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1265507

Exactly, that is the main point here, I totally agree.

Although if I had to pick a side, I would pick the "dreams ain't prophetic" side for now...
 Quoting: BigBalla

Or maybe you should just say, "I don't know for sure...the universe is such a giant place, it would be foolish to discount any theory considering the tiny corner we inhabit."
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1291710

Well I do have what I consider to be 'common sense.' I am just a tiny simple human being but I believe that there are things that I can truly "know" about in this Universe. How do we know for sure? Maybe I'm right? Maybe the human mind really CAN'T predict the future?

There was a time where "common sense" dictated that the world was flat...or that there are tiny demons that cause all human diseases...that was common sense, lol! Common sense becomes relative to the era and it's accumulative knowledge.

Your not being objective by IMPOSING an OPINION based on limited knowledge on a subject. We're not talking about the validity of Bugs Bunny as a real, corporal entity, lol...We can surmise based on FACT that a fictitious cartoon character is not truly alive...but that template cannot be applied to whether or not something so abstract as dreams can be "prophetic."

At this point, based on our truly limited knowledge of such things, we can surmise that we just don't know..."common sense" on the subject just doesn't apply here.

I'm a Philosophy major and my specialty was Metaphysics and philosophy of logic so sorry for the learned rant, lol!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1129485
United States
03/11/2011 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I awoke today with a dream that there was a 9.9, in NY, so it was skewed, but the eq dream happened
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1291988
Netherlands
03/11/2011 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Such dreams come from demons and demonic powers. I know for a fact that they do exist.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 992777
United States
03/11/2011 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Exactly, that is the main point here, I totally agree.

Although if I had to pick a side, I would pick the "dreams ain't prophetic" side for now...

Or maybe you should just say, "I don't know for sure...the universe is such a giant place, it would be foolish to discount any theory considering the tiny corner we inhabit."

Well I do have what I consider to be 'common sense.' I am just a tiny simple human being but I believe that there are things that I can truly "know" about in this Universe. How do we know for sure? Maybe I'm right? Maybe the human mind really CAN'T predict the future?

There was a time where "common sense" dictated that the world was flat...or that there are tiny demons that cause all human diseases...that was common sense, lol! Common sense becomes relative to the era and it's accumulative knowledge.

Your not being objective by IMPOSING an OPINION based on limited knowledge on a subject. We're not talking about the validity of Bugs Bunny as a real, corporal entity, lol...We can surmise based on FACT that a fictitious cartoon character is not truly alive...but that template cannot be applied to whether or not something so abstract as dreams can be "prophetic."

At this point, based on our truly limited knowledge of such things, we can surmise that we just don't know..."common sense" on the subject just doesn't apply here.

I'm a Philosophy major and my specialty was Metaphysics and philosophy of logic so sorry for the learned rant, lol!

I see what you're saying but my own common sense is different to me. I am pretty sure that if I lived during the "flat Earth" times I would have been one of the people questioning that so-called truth.

But you're right, right now we simply can't know the truth about the power of something like dreams.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/11/2011 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
I awoke today with a dream that there was a 9.9, in NY, so it was skewed, but the eq dream happened
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1129485

Like I said earlier in the thread: thousands and thousands of people probably had 'earthquake dreams' last night... as well as every other night...
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/11/2011 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Such dreams come from demons and demonic powers. I know for a fact that they do exist.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1291988

I don't know for a fact, but I'm open to the possibility. I've seen lots of interesting evidence regarding the existence of spiritual/extradimensional entities.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1291710
United States
03/11/2011 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

I see what you're saying but my own common sense is different to me. I am pretty sure that if I lived during the "flat Earth" times I would have been one of the people questioning that so-called truth.

But you're right, right now we simply can't know the truth about the power of something like dreams.

Exactly...and if there where forums to post your observations back then and you would have posted that you speculated that the earth wasnt flat, you would have had a BigBalla clone laughing and pointed and using useless examples as to why you were ridiculous for even suggesting such an absurd concept. ..And since you would have NOT had the TECHNOLOGY to substantiate this claim, but you just had this "COMMON SENSE" feeling that is was valid, you would have been ridiculed to no end.

Starting to experience the pattern in your logic?
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/11/2011 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Exactly...and if there where forums to post your observations back then and you would have posted that you speculated that the earth wasnt flat, you would have had a BigBalla clone laughing and pointed and using useless examples as to why you were ridiculous for even suggesting such an absurd concept. ..And since you would have NOT had the TECHNOLOGY to substantiate this claim, but you just had this "COMMON SENSE" feeling that is was valid, you would have been ridiculed to no end.

Starting to experience the pattern in your logic?

Yes, but I still don't think there is really any real evidence/proof that people have been predicting the future through their dreams. Totally possible, just really unlikely in my opinion based on what I think we know.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 926633
United States
03/11/2011 02:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." -Joel 2:28
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1265507
United States
03/11/2011 02:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
The way I see it is pretty simple...

You're either interested and open to realities that are 'beyond the limited human experience/brain' and also that are new to the scientific arena...

Or you're not.

If you're not, why the hell do you troll boards like these? Seems like a waste of time to me!
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/11/2011 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." -Joel 2:28
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 926633

I have a book that says a wolf blows down little pigs' homes...

It was written in a book, so it must be true!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1292065
United States
03/11/2011 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
How about dreaming up the numbers for the lottery tonight...

Anonymous Coward
United States
03/11/2011 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
How about dreaming up the numbers for the lottery tonight...

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1292065

Already used that joke...
Hakan
User ID: 1292246
Belgium
03/11/2011 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Guys

That is real. I woke up with a dream where the earth magnetic field were distored and the mass of water was changing place regularly. My feeling was that many people had died around the world and I have seen campers woke up on top of a mountain like the noahs arc. I woke up at exactly 0700 Belgium time. Then, today in the evening, I learned that the eartquake was at 0646 (Belgium time Z+1hr) and the tsunami should have hit a litle after the earthquake.

That is a strange feeling for me because I don't believe such staff.

Believe me. That is real.

Hakan
Yamiragirl
User ID: 1292669
United States
03/11/2011 11:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I woke from a tsunami dream this morning. A wave will hit SOMEWHERE... but sadly I don't know where. When I woke I saw the Japan quakes on the net - could have something to do with that (?)

Stay indoors if you are suspecting this at your place... and higher off the ground level. I am sorry I cannot provide more info. Wish I could but this was all I got.
 Quoting: Miss Malla

I also had a dream that a giant black wave was about to swallow me the night before the tsunami hit. I don't really believe in all the psychic stuff but this was pretty weird.
lain
User ID: 1293054
United Kingdom
03/12/2011 06:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi there,

On the 24/25 February 2011 I also had a very disturbing Tsunami dream/s.
It happened over two nights. The first one I dreamed on the 24 Feb (2 weeks ago).

Thursday 24 February 2011

I dreamed we were on a beach with white wooden structures (like on some country club).

Suddenly there was activity further out to sea, the skies darkened and the sea arose. My family and I were on the shore and we all ran to the closest building which was on higher ground. Then suddenly this wave came from the ocean and engulfed the land and people below.

We all continued to run along a gravel path and I knew we would be safe but we witnessed it and it was tragic.

Friday 25 February 2011

I dreamed I was walking along the same beach area with the same white wooden structures. I pointed this out to someone I was with and said to them that I had a dream about this Tsunami and I recognise this area and these structures and that there would be a Tsunami there.

Anyway - normally I know why I dream about things (usually daily influences I interpret). On this occasion I was slightly disturbed as I had no idea where it had come from or the strange format (a dream within a dream in 2 day succession). I did tell a few people as it played on my mind all day.

Occasionally I have dreams that comes true, but I never know which ones will.
FlipTheMyk1984

User ID: 1280867
Canada
03/12/2011 07:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
god bless pin this
Incognito
User ID: 1273874
03/12/2011 08:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
How do we dream about the future if it didn't happen UNLESS it's already recorded and the mind rewinds or plays the forward button so to speak... AC Brazil

Cyclic time (repetitive cyclic time) is the only answer that makes sense of authentic premonitions, prophecy and deja vu. Here is a link to a free online book on the subject:-

[link to www.cycleoftime.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1219414
United States
03/12/2011 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
You cant deny it, its a prediction that came true.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1292392
United Kingdom
03/12/2011 10:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have been having recurring Tsunami dreams for the last few years, the night before the Japan Tsunami I had a dream I was looking up at the moon worrying, thinking something wasnt right with the earth at the moment planes and helicopters started to fly around outside then I woke up and put the TV on...
DoomHippie

User ID: 1277029
United States
03/12/2011 10:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
I woke from a tsunami dream this morning. A wave will hit SOMEWHERE... but sadly I don't know where. When I woke I saw the Japan quakes on the net - could have something to do with that (?)

Stay indoors if you are suspecting this at your place... and higher off the ground level. I am sorry I cannot provide more info. Wish I could but this was all I got.

SOON, YOU WILL HOPEFULLY LEARN NOT TO FEAR THE TIDAL WAVES TOWERING OVER YOU. YOU WILL LEARN TO CONTROL THEM AT WILL.

BECOMING SELF AWARE AND BEING ABLE TO THINK IN DREAMS HELPS. IT BRINGS RATIONAL TO SCARY SITUATIONS.

Last Edited by DoomHippie on 03/12/2011 10:51 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 618413
United States
03/12/2011 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have always had tsunami dreams since I was little. The size of the one seen in the movie 2012. The only good thing about them is the fact I generally always have lucent dreams so I can control my safety.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 1219225
Denmark
03/12/2011 04:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hello guys :)

I can understand some are sceptic, it's only natural, and i understand some are not so sceptic. I have lots of dreams, and many of them do come true, some dont'. I was lucky, I had no idea this one was the real deal when i posted it. Many people have prophetic dreams, I think it is more natural then folks believe them to be.

Ty for the thumbs up and the BS flags:=))) i like em both! I both love and hate this site ha ha.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1293862
Netherlands
03/12/2011 07:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Miss Malla, do you recall having any recent dreams involving volcanic activity? i.e. ash falling from the sky, unusual darkness or lava/fire? Just curious.
 Quoting: Passing Thru 1021801

I had a dream about the tsunami as well. later on in the dream I was somewhere else and the sky was glowing orange and red... Maybe you had something similar??

Just want to say that my dream was unusually vivid and when i woke up and saw the news I wasn't even surprised... too weird.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1294126
United States
03/13/2011 12:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
This guy may have gotten it right as well:

Thread: california WILL SOON BE IN THE OCEAN. MOVE AWAY FROM THE COAST NOW. NO JOKE

It's interesting to see the collective consciousness at work.
 Quoting: Pleeb

That's collective unconscious, when it's in the form of dreams and visions it is your unconscious that is picking it up. Your conscious is the part of your mind you have direct access to and use on a daily basis.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1294126
United States
03/13/2011 12:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
How is this crap even pinned? No one cares about the dream you made up for attention.

bsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 360613

Sounds like you're jealous you didn't get the attention! lol
John
User ID: 1296627
Netherlands
03/14/2011 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I lived in Amsterdam 10 yrs ago, I dreamt of a huge wave that went high thru the streets and swept me and everyone along. I remember clinging to the debris and getting swept through a high building window and out another one.

In the dream, I was older than I was then.

Needless to say, I moved back to the US permanently.
 Quoting: DoveInLight

Hey John, can you share more about this dream?
I live in Holland and alot of christians are dreaming about a tsunami hitting holland for a couple of years now.

[link to www.hollandtsunami.blogspot.com]
(its in dutch)
John
User ID: 1296627
Netherlands
03/14/2011 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
lol, thats funny. I adressed the above message to myself ;-)
DoveInLight

User ID: 1123151
United States
03/15/2011 06:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

Wow, this dream was BEFORE the tsunami hit
[link to www.facebook.com]

Follow me on Twitter at [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 1219225
Denmark
03/15/2011 06:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes I dreamed it before it happened, the Japan quakes I saw on the net were the hundred foreshocks

[link to earthquake.usgs.gov]

prior to the Quake that issued a tsunami. Noone could have known a 8.9 would come some 36 hours after.

GLP