Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,919 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,151,789
Pageviews Today: 1,927,301Threads Today: 777Posts Today: 13,235
07:33 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Do you want something from Jesus??? Fast and pray. The Bible tells us so.

dennis m
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1298684
United States
03/19/2011 05:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation

2Corinthians 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
READ THIS verse in the AMPLIFIED BIBLE.

It says:
"in hunger and thirst, frequently driven to fasting by want"....

that means,
if you WANT SOMETHING BAD ENUFF,,,,,FAST for it

the early Christians fasted and prayed

1Co 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
2Co 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
Act 27:33 And while the day was coming on, Paul besought them all to take meat, saying, This day is the fourteenth day that ye have tarried and continued fasting, having taken nothing.
Act 27:9 Now when much time was spent, and when sailing was now dangerous, because the fast was now already past, Paul admonished them,
Act 14:23 And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.
Act 13:3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
Act 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
Act 10:30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,

Last Edited by dennis m on 03/19/2011 05:34 PM
www.bible-codes.org
SIGNS FROM GOD
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1304645
Canada
03/19/2011 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Do you want something from Jesus??? Fast and pray. The Bible tells us so.
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1304896
United States
03/19/2011 09:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
sooo... this jesus person is how ye avoid hell. piss him off and ye burn for all eternity. and if ye fast and pray he gives ye things?

really? ye think that's what a god is for?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1304781
United States
03/19/2011 09:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
i didnt ask to come to this stinking shithole.

why do i have to beg some guy who may not even exist for favors. and now i have to starve myself while asking???

wtf?? who comes up with this shit??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1283578
United States
03/19/2011 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
sooo... this jesus person is how ye avoid hell. piss him off and ye burn for all eternity. and if ye fast and pray he gives ye things?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1304896

Well, shore! I tell Him every day how bad I wanna land the big Henderson account =D
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1304645
Canada
03/19/2011 09:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well, shore! I tell Him every day how bad I wanna land the big Henderson account =D
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1283578

He listens
AA
User ID: 48557920
United Kingdom
05/16/2014 03:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
I feel like this post is highly misleading. The fact that u telling ppl that if they fast they will get what they want is ignorant of you. Fasting is suppose to be a selfless act. Where u are struggling or in need of guidance from God. Its about seeking Gods path,his direction for u, n ur future. I myself have not been privileged in being totally 100% sure of what he wants for my future but whatever decision I have made thus far has been a successful one. So don't be expecting to hear the Lords voice as a person for it doesn't happen that way. Each one has their own experience.
The Undeceived...
User ID: 57609876
United States
05/16/2014 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

It is sad to see 'Willfully Ignorant' souls who choose lies over Truth and hate over knowledge.

why do i have to beg some guy who may not even exist for favors. and now i have to starve myself while asking???

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1304781

... very sad.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48762218
United States
05/16/2014 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Read psalms in bible
It explains.......
We were born by violation of the
Law....humans are not allowed
To breed.....our existance
Is against the law.......
It is not a good place
Earth
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 58082028
United States
05/16/2014 04:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

Would you Obama for America Muslim Shills go Away!
[/
b]

Nobody listens to you...
Somebody...
User ID: 1189609
United States
05/16/2014 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Precisely why there's lack in your Life. If you can't look at yourself in the mirror and see that you were wonderfully and fearfully made, and conclude that you're not a glorified ape.
Do you really believer there exist a believer that has not experienced the true power of God?

I can't count how many time when an anointed person of God is truly worshiping in the spirit that I've felt his (the Holy Spirit's) presence which was an undeniable tingling. I experience a sense of his presence in my personal daily prayer, especially when I'm praying in tongues or read the scripture aloud. I've also been attacked while reading the scripture, and experienced the victory of their quick departure afterwards.

God is NOT dead...that's not just a movie title.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

You either believe his word, or you don't....

There are so many pastors out there that has experienced God's generosity to the point they got scared. Most Christians are not devoid of some evidence of God's existence from the reading of the scripture to total strangers writing checks because it was put on their heart to do so.

Fasting enables us to divest from the needs of the flesh so our spirit man shines though brighter to talk to/with God. The author of this thread truly does mean well and may come off as a bit dingy, but he's absolutely correct about fasting and praying. Now, these things aren't guaranteed, as God always reserve the right to say no, or do it in his time frame, if one is patient and faithful (1 Cor. 15:58).

]Hey man, if your belly is your God, then I hope it works out for you. Lack is caused by sin a disconnect from the new you, or a total disconnect in the case of an atheist.

We must have access to the 4 streams of wealth as much as possible (Genesis 2:10-14 the Euphrates, Pyshon, Gihon, Tigris) as he flow is eternal. Unfortunately, our sin removes us from the mark, even if its temporary. Those rivers flow through gates what are open and closed by Angels and demons. We have the keys to open and close those gates which either enables or disables God's flow.

OH, BTW...you did ask to come here....

I hear anger in your post, so I know you're a person in a pain from the past that is cutting you off from God. Now, this God you're rejecting is the same God you will hopefully cry out to for healing. You will ask...mark my word.

GLP