Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,184 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 849,487
Pageviews Today: 1,519,268Threads Today: 504Posts Today: 10,702
03:03 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Valerian Root......some straight-up inception shit. Wonder where i'm going tonite?

Dundas
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1269766
United States
03/23/2011 12:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Valerian Root......some straight-up inception shit. Wonder where i'm going tonite?
I've always had trouble sleeping, and tried things like ZMA, melatonin, teas, etc.

I didn't wanna go the synthetic drug route, so i decided to grab some valerian root caps the other day......wow.
It's like i live 2 lives now. One during the day, one while i sleep. The dreams are so vivid and seem to last all night, (but days in the dreams). The dreams usually have women, guns, bad guys, chases, conspiracies, etc.....and when i wake i'm refreshed. I have heard that it can cause night terrors- but so far it's just wild ass dreams for me.

It's some inception type shit. Anyone else use it or have this type of response to it?
Aleilius

User ID: 1309583
United States
03/23/2011 12:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Valerian Root......some straight-up inception shit. Wonder where i'm going tonite?
Do a Google search on Deep Sleep+ extract blend manufactured by a company called "The Apothecarist."

They also manufacture a high strength Valerian Root 20x extract that might interest you. It's somewhat expensive, but it's the real deal.

Last Edited by Aleilius on 03/23/2011 12:35 AM
Dundas  (OP)

United States
03/23/2011 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Valerian Root......some straight-up inception shit. Wonder where i'm going tonite?
I'll check it out. I researched valerian root and it seemed to be a safe herb for sleeping. If there's no adverse long-term effects, i'd like to use it every night....and they say the body won't build immunity to it.

It's pretty cool stuff for insomniacs like me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1050014
United States
03/23/2011 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
you might wanna be carefull witht that stuff! try and take it every other night...im telling you, you will not like your night terrors! your dreams will over come your personal life! All you do is pick your dreams apart all day long untill of course its time for sleep again and back into reality you will slip into! oh wait.. where am I, yea it gets crazy!
the Questeon ?
User ID: 1107257
United States
03/23/2011 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've always had trouble sleeping, and tried things like ZMA, melatonin, teas, etc.

I didn't wanna go the synthetic drug route, so i decided to grab some valerian root caps the other day......wow.
It's like i live 2 lives now. One during the day, one while i sleep. The dreams are so vivid and seem to last all night, (but days in the dreams). The dreams usually have women, guns, bad guys, chases, conspiracies, etc.....and when i wake i'm refreshed. I have heard that it can cause night terrors- but so far it's just wild ass dreams for me.

It's some inception type shit. Anyone else use it or have this type of response to it?
 Quoting: Dundas

lol...for some those are night terrors... could be fun though for me
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 866921
United States
03/23/2011 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
i will give this a try
Dundas  (OP)

United States
03/23/2011 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
you might wanna be carefull witht that stuff! try and take it every other night...im telling you, you will not like your night terrors! your dreams will over come your personal life! All you do is pick your dreams apart all day long untill of course its time for sleep again and back into reality you will slip into! oh wait.. where am I, yea it gets crazy!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1050014

So what exactly are night terrors? Are they just vivid nightmares or what? I've never sleepwalked or anything....but i'd hate to wake-up naked covered in blood on top of a water tower with a parakeet in my mouth.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1088763
United States
03/23/2011 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
L-Ornithine.

Take six 500 mg caplets (3000 mg) before you go to sleep.

You will have the best dreams ever.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1257760
United States
03/23/2011 12:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
try a mug of warm milk,or sleepytime tea,or melatonin,or triptophan,or a turkey sandwich,or a cod liver oil capsule,a calciu, tablet, ( good if it's cold season also ),or take a hot bath and get a long back rub...soe luvin nd attention...
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/23/2011 12:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
sorry the cod liver oil helps you sleep and knocks out a cold or flu faster, and too give a reminder about spring health because its allergy/cold season... drink white grapefruit juice,take zinc,take garlic,echinacea,and vitamin c,lots of liquids,hot tea,home made chicken soup,lemon water...youll stay healthy...go on a spring cleanse...then eat your easter feast and bite the ears off your chocolate bunny!
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/23/2011 12:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
p.s. tell yorself tonight before you sleep what youd like to dream about...
SepticUnderlord

User ID: 1309760
United States
03/23/2011 12:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
So what exactly are night terrors? Are they just vivid nightmares or what? I've never sleepwalked or anything....but i'd hate to wake-up naked covered in blood on top of a water tower with a parakeet in my mouth.

No - my wife gets them sometimes and nearly gives me a heart attack in the middle of the night. A night terror is when someone is still asleep but looks "awake" and they are screaming at the top of their lungs like someone is killing them... very, very fucked up.

"subject wakes abruptly from slow-wave sleep, with waking usually accompanied by gasping, moaning, or screaming while waking. It is often impossible to awaken the person fully because they are so concentrated on waking, and after the episode the subject normally settles back to sleep without waking. A night terror can rarely be recalled by the subject."

It isn't a good thing... so if you have someone in the same house or bed as you... best warn them before you scare the shit right out of them.

gaah
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/23/2011 01:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
p.s. valerian root is supposed to calm the central nervous system,and help you fall asleep faster... they recommend you don't use it longer than 2 weeks or mix it with alcohol...it can make you drowsy during the day so you should take it probably at dinner time with food so it goes into effect by bedtime. it can cause side affects in some people like giddiness or disorientaion...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1287243
Peru
03/23/2011 01:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've been trying valerian (500mg) for about 10 days. It takes a while to get me to sleep, but I do wake up refreshed and have more dreams that what I was used to, doesn't feel like I dream all night though.

I read somewhere that it takes a while (like a month) to start enjoying the full effects, In fact it is working better evey day but I wish it could kick in less than a hour instead of having to wait two to four hours.

What was your experience with melatonin? I would like to try it also. I am starting work next month and need to get on a regular sleep schedule,

Happy dreams!hf
Ilikecandy

User ID: 1292705
United States
03/23/2011 01:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
Dundas  (OP)

United States
03/23/2011 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've been trying valerian (500mg) for about 10 days. It takes a while to get me to sleep, but I do wake up refreshed and have more dreams that what I was used to, doesn't feel like I dream all night though.

I read somewhere that it takes a while (like a month) to start enjoying the full effects, In fact it is working better evey day but I wish it could kick in less than a hour instead of having to wait two to four hours.

What was your experience with melatonin? I would like to try it also. I am starting work next month and need to get on a regular sleep schedule,

Happy dreams!hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1287243

The melatonin seemed to work for the first couple of weeks. I'd take it about 30 minutes before you turn off the TV or lights, then settle into bed and it would help me drift off to sleep. If you miss 'the 30 minute window', and end up not drifting off by 30 minutes, it seems to lose it's effect.

I like the valerian root better, but will probably alternate them soon to see if that works.

I'm gonna definitely try some L-Ornithine though. That shit sounds dope for it's sleep-help and HGH combo effects....BTW, last night i dreamed about 7 moons in the sky. Our 1 regular moon- then people started noticing 6 others at varying distance in the sky around the regular one. It was so tripped out and real. The dream evolved into basically everyone in a panic and an 'announcement' by the worlds governments about something crazy coming towards Earth from space. Very vivid dreams on this stuff.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1310603
United States
03/23/2011 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
I buy my Valerian root from a company called Wonder Laboratories.

They have a site for people to try out their Valerin product. www.valerinnaturalrelaxant.com you only pay $5.95 for shipping and handling.

This bottle normally sells for $15.95 on their main website Wonderlabs.com...

You can only buy one bottle though at the $5.95 price... Trust me I tried... they check your shipping address and email address to see if you have ordered before...they refund your money if you have already purchased a sample.

But for $5.95 you can try it for yourself.

cool2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1310615
United States
03/23/2011 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
I love Valerian Root! I've used it off and on for years! No vivid dreams for me, just relaxed and blissful sleep. Try a lesser mg? Potent stuff, it"s the natural compound Valium was created from.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1264606
United States
03/23/2011 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Can you smoke it too?
I'm Afraid Of Americans

User ID: 1022566
United States
03/23/2011 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
I take 5htp 200mg every night. It has a similar effect with real intense dreams (which I enjoy), though I take it for it's positive effect on stabilizing mood than anything else.
Which is the most universal human characteristic, fear or laziness?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1308777
United States
03/23/2011 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Do a Google search on Deep Sleep+ extract blend manufactured by a company called "The Apothecarist."

They also manufacture a high strength Valerian Root 20x extract that might interest you. It's somewhat expensive, but it's the real deal.
 Quoting: Aleilius

Stop relying on "manufactured" items, they will be subject to restraint from the FDA eventually. Grow your own. It's easy and just as safe and good. Does smell like Gym socks though.

...and they say the body won't build immunity to it.

No but you will have to give your body a rest as the effect wears off unless you do.
Anonymous Hero
User ID: 1310631
Germany
03/23/2011 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
You want vivid dreams?

Drop 200mg of 5HTP for a couple days, then smoke your favorite flavor of chronic before going to sleep.

You have no idea...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1356368
United States
04/25/2011 09:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
its pretty good stuff. But it smells like dog shit, literally lol.

I take 3 capsuls of extract from natures way well 2-3 when i need to unwind. It also helps me with my alcohol cravings, and i have cut back some

try taking 5 grams, about 8 pills, dpending on the brand.

and you will get some mild to moderate psychedelic experiences if you can stay awake long enough. The walls in my bedroom began to breathe slightly, slight trails, and fractal images in my lamp shade. Like the on set of a mushroom high, but not as intense.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/25/2011 09:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Can you smoke it too?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1264606

i googled this, some people have tried. But the effects arent worth the harsh, extremely putrid smoke it leaves in the air. The heat probably kills off the properties that make it do what it does.

best to take it orally, or in a tea
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/25/2011 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

Happy dreams!hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1287243

The melatonin seemed to work for the first couple of weeks. I'd take it about 30 minutes before you turn off the TV or lights, then settle into bed and it would help me drift off to sleep. If you miss 'the 30 minute window', and end up not drifting off by 30 minutes, it seems to lose it's effect.

I like the valerian root better, but will probably alternate them soon to see if that works.

I'm gonna definitely try some L-Ornithine though. That shit sounds dope for it's sleep-help and HGH combo effects....BTW, last night i dreamed about 7 moons in the sky. Our 1 regular moon- then people started noticing 6 others at varying distance in the sky around the regular one. It was so tripped out and real. The dream evolved into basically everyone in a panic and an 'announcement' by the worlds governments about something crazy coming towards Earth from space. Very vivid dreams on this stuff.

melotonin isnt something you should take everynight. You will build a tolerance. And also, its pretty useless, unless the room is dark and you dont lay down to rest. The brain produces melatonin when its dark, its the sleep chemical

there have been studies linking excessive use to, oddly growing man boobs...its true..look it up. But only in excessive consumption, it can mess with the hormone balance in men
The Analog Guy

User ID: 1356381
United States
04/25/2011 09:42 AM

Report Abusive Post
bump
I say burn all of your bridges while you still have control of the flame.
We are like flies crawling across the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel: We cannot see what angels and gods lie underneath the threshold of our perceptions. We do not live in reality; we live in our paradigms, our habituated perceptions, our illusions; the illusions we share through culture we call reality, but the true historical reality of our condition is invisible to us.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1339696
United States
04/25/2011 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
By the way, do not bother smoking Valerian root. Gets you pretty much zero buzz and the flavor sucks.

Catnip, on the other hand is kinda weird, but don't bother with smoking that either. I got a buzz, 2 other people just got headaches.

Just letting you know.
Sueby
User ID: 33717824
New Zealand
06/04/2013 05:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've had valerian tabs before and started having side effects with the hops mixed in etc,so went back to a stronger version of valerian only tabs but these have caused horrible dreams that were really upsetting so Valerian is not for everyone; I'm not taking this stuff again, and am going to stick to magnesium from now on!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 69385906
United States
06/15/2015 09:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 69385906
United States
06/15/2015 09:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
L-Ornithine.

Take six 500 mg caplets (3000 mg) before you go to sleep.

You will have the best dreams ever.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1088763

Thanks
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45106622
United States
06/15/2015 09:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
I used to take them for my anxiety and probably have a bottle laying around somewhere. One thing about them is they smell sorta like dirty socks.

Just ignore the smell and swallow them quickly.

GLP