The Wetiko Disease - a psychological parasite

Pharista
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1320310
04/03/2011 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
The Wetiko Disease - a psychological parasite
I found these three excellent articles on the topic of 'The Wetiko Disease' on Reality Sandwich. Each one is well worth the read and explains so much of the psychological battle we all face in reclaiming ourselves from the Wetiko parasite.

Paul Levy is a Jungian scholar and therapist, he works hard to research Jungian theories such as the shadow, the collective unconscious and synchronicity and put them together with what he sees going on in the world and his own experiences. He delivers these spiritual and psychological concepts in a concise and understandable way. He is an excellent writer on spiritual disease imo and an authentic one at that.

[link to www.realitysandwich.com]

New article and intro to the book 'Wetiko'
[link to www.awakeninthedream.com]

Wetiko book blurb

His other articles available free on his site are well worth the read too and will give you some idea of Jungian concepts.

Last Edited by Pharista on 11/09/2011 07:14 AM
100 personality disordered behaviours [link to www.outofthefog.net]
Taking back self control from disordered energy thieves [link to www.outofthefog.net]
How to spot a psychopath [link to aftermath-surviving-psychopathy.org]

A brief introduction to 'The Shadow' [link to home.earthlink.net]
Hunting for Power, Toltec Wisdom for Spiritual Warriors [link to 209.85.122.83]
Message from the Kogi [link to www.alunathemovie.com]

Thread: Spiritual Preparedness - simple practices and meditations to increase self-awareness

Thread: The Wetiko Disease - a psychological parasite

Thread: Breaking the chains of the past - facing & healing toxic conditioning & false belief systems

Support for parents of bullied children - [link to epicinschools.spam]

~ "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing obsolete." ~ Buckminster Fuller
X
User ID: 1326488
United States
04/03/2011 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The Wetiko Disease - a psychological parasite
Love it OP. Thanks for your post. Bookmarked it too.
surfdaddy

User ID: 1325199
United States
04/03/2011 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very interesting. bookmarked for reading later
olaf
User ID: 1326543
Netherlands
04/03/2011 02:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
ah here i am again , you suck.
Pharista (OP)
04/03/2011 07:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Glad this is of interest to some.

Olaf you are entitled to your opinions but you aren't being forced to read the article. Your aggressive tone is not appreciated either.
olaf
User ID: 1326906
Netherlands
04/03/2011 07:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
i did not read it.

they did that wet look again only it does not make sense.

first it is oh ok what am i doing actualy then finaly sleep time and then you get to your self again but way off and it is what am i doing again.

and why why am i doing this.

absolutely no fun nothing to do others getting happy telling you things and all you can say is you suck to be honest.
olaf
Netherlands
04/03/2011 07:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
i even did allot of effort to finaly write an importand mail to a company in between very dirty factorys because realy nobody does and i get redirected to an iphone lover saying im mr iphone.

and that is it ? im not going to try again or do effort to see where that fatso is with his dumb group.

and i just warned him for the second time.
Pharista (OP)
04/03/2011 08:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
At least you are bumping the thread but I'd prefer it if you didn't post nonsensical ramblings here. Thank you.
olaf
Netherlands
04/03/2011 08:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
it does not resonate.
"/ no ?
Netherlands
04/03/2011 08:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
and tell that frogmouth dwarf woman with mommy hands to go away.
Pharista  (OP)

04/04/2011 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
peace
Taking back self control from disordered energy thieves [link to www.outofthefog.net]

Thread: Spiritual Preparedness - simple practices and meditations to increase self-awareness

Thread: Breaking the chains of the past - facing & healing toxic conditioning & false belief systems

~ "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing obsolete." ~ Buckminster Fuller
olaf
User ID: 1328352
Netherlands
04/04/2011 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
oh well should i read the links then ?
"/
User ID: 1328352
Netherlands
04/04/2011 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
it is nice out off the wind.
Pharista
User ID: 1341668
04/14/2011 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Olaf you make no sense in your comments but yes reading the links may benefit you in some way - stay out of the wind now hf
Pharista  (OP)

User ID: 1382941
05/18/2011 05:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bumping for truth

Pharista  (OP)

User ID: 1382941
05/30/2011 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Woodsprite

User ID: 1443964
United States
06/26/2011 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Op, I haven't read the other 2 links, but I did read the first one completly.
I have to say I have never seen all of this information so clearly put together before. It's really wonderful!

I've always loved Jung's work, and have tended to gravitate towards it thru the years.
I find that the way the author of the article, linked the differant 'versions' of it all together is what I have always thought as well.

I read a book several years ago called something like 'Encountering the Psychic Vampire in ourselves and others'...to be very much in line with what this article is talking about.
It's amazing how true it is that we fail to see these things in ourselves, and others...but it is still there.

The spin of it being a 'virus' is a good analogy I think for it, because it does spread like a disease amongst the population...esp. in others that do not realize they are a 'carrier' .

This is an excellent article OP.!
I think the reason it fell off the charts, is just because it is a lengthy read, and most have never taken the time to read it.
It's really a shame, because I think there are alot of us that could use this information right now.
I see many that have been taken over by Shadow/Vampire/Wintiko these days, ...even my only child, that I thought I raised to be aware of this 'malady'
Pharista  (OP)

User ID: 1447659
07/04/2011 05:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Op, I haven't read the other 2 links, but I did read the first one completly.
I have to say I have never seen all of this information so clearly put together before. It's really wonderful!

I've always loved Jung's work, and have tended to gravitate towards it thru the years.
I find that the way the author of the article, linked the differant 'versions' of it all together is what I have always thought as well.

I read a book several years ago called something like 'Encountering the Psychic Vampire in ourselves and others'...to be very much in line with what this article is talking about.
It's amazing how true it is that we fail to see these things in ourselves, and others...but it is still there.

The spin of it being a 'virus' is a good analogy I think for it, because it does spread like a disease amongst the population...esp. in others that do not realize they are a 'carrier' .

This is an excellent article OP.!
I think the reason it fell off the charts, is just because it is a lengthy read, and most have never taken the time to read it.
It's really a shame, because I think there are alot of us that could use this information right now.
I see many that have been taken over by Shadow/Vampire/Wintiko these days, ...even my only child, that I thought I raised to be aware of this 'malady'
 Quoting: Woodsprite

I am glad this article resonated with you Woodsprite. It is quite a read and challenges habitual thinking, I enjoy all Paul Levy's articles but I have to be in the right head space to delve into them. Mindfulness practice helps with that :)

I will look into the book you mention it sounds right up my street. Facing my own shadow and learning how to recognise and set boundaries with those who are unconsciously projecting theirs onto me, is something I try to keep in my conscious awareness as much as possible.

I'm glad you and a few others have found time to enjoy these articles, thanks for your thoughts too - it really is a virus, a psychological one. Your child will wake up in his her own time I am sure, especially if you are modelling healthy to him/her.

Last Edited by Pharista on 07/04/2011 05:26 AM

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1453500
Croatia
07/04/2011 05:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wetiko text is probably the best I have ever read and I've read a looooot.

hf
bump
Pharista
07/04/2011 05:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the bump Croatia, glad you enjoyed the articles. Here is a short text I came across on Paul Levy's website today:-

A PARASITE OF A DIFFERENT ORDER

When people are infected by the wetiko virus, Forbes writes, they are “the host for the wetiko parasites.” The wetiko germ is a psychic tapeworm, a parasite of the mind. Just like certain computer viruses or malware infect and program a computer to self-destruct, mind-viruses like wetiko can program the human bio-computer to think, believe and behave in ways that result in our self-destruction.Wetiko is a virulent, psychic pathogen that insinuates thought-forms into our mind which, when unconsciously en-acted, feed it, and ultimately kills its host (us). It doesn’t want to kill us too quickly however, for to successfully implement its agenda of reproducing and propagating itself throughout the field, it must let the host live long enough to spread the virus. If the host dies too soon, the bug would be prematurely evicted and would suffer the inconvenience of having to find a new residence.

Like a cancer of the mind that metastasizes, in wetiko disease, a pathological part of the psyche co-opts and subsumes all of the healthy parts of the psyche into itself so as to serve its pathology. To quote Jung, “an unknown ‘something’ has taken possession of a smaller or greater portion of the psyche and asserts its hateful and harmful existence undeterred by all our insight, reason, and energy, thereby proclaiming the power of the unconscious over the conscious mind, the sovereign power of possession.” The personality then self-organizes an outer display of coherence around this pathogenic core, which ‘masks’ the inner dysfunction, making it hard to recognize. In a psychic coup d’etat, the wetiko bug can usurp and displace the person, who becomes its puppet and marionette. Like a parasite, the wetiko virus can take over the will of an animal more evolved than itself, enlisting that creature into serving its nefarious agenda. Once the parasite becomes sufficiently entrenched within the psyche, the prime directive coordinating a person’s behavior comes from the disease, as it is now the one calling the shots. Just as someone infected with the rabies virus will resist drinking water, which would flush out the infection, someone taken over by the wetiko parasite will have nothing to do with anything that will help them get rid of the disease.Wetikos are phobic towards the light of truth, which they avoid like the plague. In advanced stages, this process takes over the person so completely that we could rightfully say the person is no longer there; they are just an empty shell carrying the disease. In a sense there is just the disease, operating through what appears to be a human being. The person becomes fully identified with their mask, their persona, but it is as if there is no one behind the mask.
Birdwatcher
User ID: 1447856
United States
07/04/2011 07:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
5* Bump!
Dirt Diver

User ID: 1454005
Belgium
07/04/2011 07:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bump for later,
since olaf is here it must be interesting.
japanpm
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1299070
Russia
07/04/2011 08:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to translate.google.ru]
Pharista
07/04/2011 10:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the stars and the bumps, I feel good to know folk read these articles - for me they are how it really is and perhaps if more of us were more consciously aware of and facing our own shadows and setting firm limits so others cannot 'dump' theirs on us, then we would really start to see some rapid psychological shifts taking place.

At first I was stunned by Olaf's contrib posts but then got to see the humour of them - 5 stars for Olaf afro
Dirt Diver

User ID: 1454746
Belgium
07/04/2011 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just read the first link,
This is by far the most interesting i have read in my entire life.
I have not read much, i have too admit.
OP, thank you, seems my OlafMeter works great.

It is uncanny how many dots this connects,
looking forward to reading the rest tomorrow.

hf
Pharista
07/04/2011 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Glad you enjoyed it Dirt Diver - perfect handle you have for shadow work. hf

I find myself reading threads where Olaf appears too, this forum just wouldn't be the same without him.
EXIT
User ID: 1447036
United States
07/04/2011 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
For those interested in Jungian concepts and theories such as synchronicity, the unconscious shadow self and the collective unconscious, this three part well researched article will resonate with you.

Quoting: Pharista

Nice. Thanks.hf
Pharista
07/05/2011 04:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
hf bump for truth :)
htp
User ID: 977661
United States
07/05/2011 05:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Excellent reading! Thanks for posting.

Fits very well with my own readings. I like the way he ties together such apparently diverse sources such as Carlos Castenedas, the Bible, and C.G.Jung. I have been delving into Jung recently and this article provides some nice triangulation for better understanding.

In some respects, this "wetikos" is very similar to the concept of "ponerology" which concerns itself with how psychopathy manifests within political structures.

Bumping and 5*.
wisc_natureboy

User ID: 1087814
United States
07/07/2011 11:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
For those interested in Jungian concepts and theories such as synchronicity, the unconscious shadow self and the collective unconscious, this three part well researched article will resonate with you.

Quoting: Pharista

Thanks Pharista- interesting stuff. It'll take a while to get through. It is queued.
We all breathe the same air.
.-.. --- ...- . / .- .-.. .-..
pharista
07/07/2011 11:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
hey htp, it really is an energy thing - those who think they can control and those who give up their power. As individuals all we can do is keep moving forward and reclaim as much of ourselves as we can, that way 'ponerology' has less room to manifest :)

GLP