Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,413 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 15,056
Pageviews Today: 28,940Threads Today: 15Posts Today: 162
12:15 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Alien abduction, Old Hag Syndrome, Sleep Paralysis.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1316207
United States
04/09/2011 03:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Alien abduction, Old Hag Syndrome, Sleep Paralysis.
According to my own research, in most sleep paralysis episodes, the victim experiences 3 major entities/hallucinations. 1. Alien abduction is consistent with sleep paralysis in most cases. 2. In Newfoundland and England people experience an old hag, which i must add is documented back over 2000 years. And 3. A shadowy figure who either stands at the foot of your bed and/or attacks the victim violently. If you do suffer from SP i would really like to know which of these you experience. Yes i am aware of the scientific explanations and yes i have heard many christian inputs about demons, so i would appreciate no bible bashers or people who have a self taught degree. I merely want to compare the entities and include them in my research to find a connection.
 Quoting: Jet Wylie

I used to suffer from SP as a kid, not so much any more. But I have had very real experiences with at being at my bedside that left me feeling the most peaceful feeling I think I have ever had! It also left me feeling extremely curious.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1326785

In a nut shell it suceeded at its attempt to fool you and send you on a mission of internal enlightment. It will definately use this against you in the future if it has not already
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1326785
Australia
04/09/2011 03:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
I used to suffer from SP as a kid, not so much any more. But I have had very real experiences with at being at my bedside that left me feeling the most peaceful feeling I think I have ever had! It also left me feeling extremely curious.

In a nut shell it suceeded at its attempt to fool you and send you on a mission of internal enlightment. It will definately use this against you in the future if it has not already
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1316207

I'm not big on nutshells! Could you expand on this a little please? Cheers!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1181438
United States
04/09/2011 03:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
I used to get it many years ago. My experience was bald headed demon like creatures made a hissing sound there were hundreds of them like I was being attacked they had long fingers. After being terrified from getting this paralyzed sleep so often I finally got to the point of extreme anger I fought them off and never got this horrifying experience again.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/09/2011 03:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

You had a pleasent experience with a demonic entity when you were in your most vulnerable state (SP). Because it did not threaten you out of fear you have embraced this experience as it came in peace. There is a reason for this to have happened this way and the plans that it has made for you.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/09/2011 03:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

You had a pleasent experience with a demonic entity when you were in your most vulnerable state (SP). Because it did not threaten you out of fear you have embraced this experience as it came in peace. There is a reason for this to have happened this way and the plans that it has made for you.

Thanks for your opinion but I wasn't in SP at the time and I was wide awake.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/09/2011 03:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

Also, not all such things are demons, maybe this was an angel!
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/09/2011 03:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

I will just let your reply to the OP beg to differ
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/09/2011 03:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
I will just let your reply to the OP beg to differ

Have a nice day!hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/09/2011 03:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

unfortunately you already know in your very soul which it was. Your belief being at the time that you were right with God at the time of this experience has clouded your judgment, when if you really look at who you were at the time will make it crystal clear
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/09/2011 03:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

Maybe it was neither! Maybe it was just a friendly passing ET!

unfortunately you already know in your very soul which it was. Your belief being at the time that you were right with God at the time of this experience has clouded your judgment, when if you really look at who you were at the time will make it crystal clear
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/09/2011 03:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

Last post got messed up - sorry!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1211047
United States
04/09/2011 03:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
This was my experience

I was dreaming that I was in some sort of ship with people, we were the ones flying it, then we had to for some reason land on some planet. We knew the beings were waiting for us outside and this was the first time we were going to make contact with another intelligent life force, one of my friends was with me and he felt confident he could go out there and talk to them, we were all at the door of the ship to go outside. He goes out there and all I can remember was him and the being which was a girl with long black hair, he was smiling because he was confident that he could talk to them but they didnt talk, they just smiled, this REALLY creepy music came on, like repetitive music or tones, then her face was focused on and these weird robotic voices were talking or speaking, kind of like the voice of wall-e but creepier. All of the sudden my friend panics and says "they read minds....... THEY READ MINDS!!!!!" and out of nowhere im awake but not awake, this is the crazy part. I wake up but my eyes are still closed my body is paralyzed, i can hear the TV I know im face down with my hands on my sides, my mind goes into this weird trance tunnel, like if somebody is trying to talk to me through telepathy and i want to move but i cant no matter how hard i try, im going "PLEASE STOP PLEASE STOP!" at this point i KNOW im awake I can feel and hear everything but at the sametime I can't move i cant speak i can only move my eyes but they remain shut because i cant open them no matter how hard i try, the voice is still talking to me even though i cant understand a word and inside my mind is like im going through this weird trance tunnel like "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" then i finally said "STOP!!!!" and i could finally move and open my eyes...

Never experienced anything more terrifying
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/09/2011 03:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

I myself have had experiences with E.T. and SP. As I posted before I have had encounters with the Old Hag as well. My facination of the time of E.T. at the times of my life created this experience. If you ask to be special and receive a visitation by these beings, low and behold it will come to pass. You've been on this site probably long enough to come to the conclusion that aliens are demonic in nature concluding they are one and the same.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/09/2011 04:01 AM
Report Abusive Post

I myself have had experiences with E.T. and SP. As I posted before I have had encounters with the Old Hag as well. My facination of the time of E.T. at the times of my life created this experience. If you ask to be special and receive a visitation by these beings, low and behold it will come to pass. You've been on this site probably long enough to come to the conclusion that aliens are demonic in nature concluding they are one and the same.

Well I certainly know that's what many believe, however, I don't share that belief! But each to his own and even though our beliefs will differ one to another, I believe that as each individual will experience their life differently, that they should be free to believe whatever it is that they wish to! If that's demons and goblins or fairies at the bottom of the garden - it's their choice and they shouldn’t be attacked for it!
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/09/2011 04:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Well I certainly know that's what many believe, however, I don't share that belief! But each to his own and even though our beliefs will differ one to another, I believe that as each individual will experience their life differently, that they should be free to believe whatever it is that they wish to! If that's demons and goblins or fairies at the bottom of the garden - it's their choice and they shouldn’t be attacked for it!

If you are feeling attacked maybe your belief system is too easily rattle. I just showed you a door leading to the truth, whether you ever bother reaching for the door handle is your choice. Like I said before, I was once you! Do not be afraid to be a fool, for I am one everyday myself.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/09/2011 04:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you are feeling attacked maybe your belief system is too easily rattle. I just showed you a door leading to the truth, whether you ever bother reaching for the door handle is your choice. Like I said before, I was once you! Do not be afraid to be a fool, for I am one everyday myself.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I wasn't feeling attacked just trying to make a point. With regards to the truth, I believe it is VERY subjective and can be seen from various aspects which sometime appear to disagree, yet it's still the truth - just perceived from a different viewpoint!

Thanks for showing me your door and providing me a choice as to whether I use it or not. Maybe one day I'll take you up on it and then again maybe I passed through that door some time ago and have already passed through several more since. But one thing is for sure no one can pass through any experience/door for someone else as it can only ever be an individual experience.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/09/2011 04:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I wasn't feeling attacked just trying to make a point. With regards to the truth, I believe it is VERY subjective and can be seen from various aspects which sometime appear to disagree, yet it's still the truth - just perceived from a different viewpoint!

Thanks for showing me your door and providing me a choice as to whether I use it or not. Maybe one day I'll take you up on it and then again maybe I passed through that door some time ago and have already passed through several more since. But one thing is for sure no one can pass through any experience/door for someone else as it can only ever be an individual experience.

cheers
hillcrest3

User ID: 1334370
United States
04/09/2011 04:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
my refrigerator sings Gregorian chants to me rose
Water always wins.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/09/2011 04:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
my refrigerator sings Gregorian chants to me rose
 Quoting: hillcrest3

Lucky you - I hope you like Gregorian chants otherwise it might be rather annoying!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1049288
United States
04/09/2011 04:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
I get sleep paralysis sometimes and it sucks, I hate it. I'm in my bed, frozen, can't move, but conscious. and sometimes I can even see around me. there is also sometimes a loud high pitched ringing. every single time I think I'm screaming at the top of my lungs screaming for help, but it ends up I'm not because when the paralysis ends I realize I haven't been screaming just trying too. I remember a certain time when I was having sleep paralysis I heard a deep demonic voice say "I will condemn you." it was horrible. soooo scary especially because I couldn't move or see. I always feel an evil presence when it happens. and sometimes I feel it coming on when im about to wake up from a dream
petervujin
User ID: 1334611
United States
04/09/2011 04:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
its all about the alternative state of consciousness that people experience...yogis do it via meditation and yoga nidra (the yoga of sleep) to contemplate on the nature of all things...its like switching yourself to gamma-wave frequencies so u can see the things around us...very common NOT collective unconsciouss BUT rather eyes wide open...read on pineal gland and ways to meditate and soon well have a conversation in dreams!
Jet Wylie  (OP)

User ID: 1333355
France
04/09/2011 09:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

its all based upon what the human mind consumes. There is a definite cultural connection of fear. It took along time to figure this out myself, enough to be satisfied its all the same thing.

What I mean is that if a saw a wearwolf man i would probably laugh or atleast know it was in disguise. I wouldn't fear it as much. Samething with Dracula, could you imagine, however, people lost their minds about these things back in London or where ever. Fear embraced them.

Everyman truly has a great fear and that is what they feed upon. Mine is complete darkness, though it knows this. I am not as afraid of being eaten by a monster as much as am of being taken in the middle of the night and flown off to a place further than furthest star placed by God

Yes but... haha i know i am repeating myself here, but why an old hag?? What does she have to do with modern culture. UFO's i can understand and a shadowy malevolent figure i can understand, but her i cannot.

When I was just a boy about 5 years old, I saw the old hag one night when I was staying with my Grandmother. I was sent to my grandmothers room to go to sleep while she finished her last ciggaret, anyways, there is no way I fell asleep because her room scared me with old english furnature. One in particular was a giant wooden medicine cabnet that I used remember coming alive from previous visits.

Suddenly the door which was open enough to let in light cracked open more and I sat up thinking it was my Grandmother. What I saw was absolutely terrifing... It was an old lady on all fours with white long hair and a face of an old woman whos mascarra had ran down her face from crying. All the sudden it came trampling towards my side of the bed, now, between the bed and the door was approximately 15 feet, I jumped from the end of the bed out the door in one leap. I cried hystaricly with my grandmother and she just said i missed my mom.

Now, hear is your connection so listen close

Objects, especially antique objects can carry these demonic entities through being cursed. My Grandmother, was a Catholic and still is and in short her home is riddle with blasphamy of the Lord all over her house. One in particular, is she had a fairly large crusifix of Jesus and also hanging from the cross was a rosemary. Listen, people and hear my warning, do not bring into your home a crusafix for demons love them. It is nothing more than the celebration of the murder of Jesus the Christ.

I answered your question OP, I hope this helps your research

Thankyou for post, it is very helpful!! The detail of the mascara running down the face is consistent with reports all around the world who have seen the old hag!!
“I think there's something strangely musical about noise.”

Trent Reznor

“And when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.”
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 09:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes but... haha i know i am repeating myself here, but why an old hag?? What does she have to do with modern culture. UFO's i can understand and a shadowy malevolent figure i can understand, but her i cannot.

I suspect that the Old Hag is related to suppression of the divine feminine.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1290067

Are you referring to Lilith?

Well Lilith would be part of it I suppose, but I am speaking much more generally.

"Fear of the unknown" is the key here.

Many ancient cultures embraced the divine feminine and organized Matriarchal societies. Some of them were extreme in their honoring the feminine over the masculine, but most sought balance between the two. With the rise of monotheism, and Judeo/Christian religions, Patriarchal systems became the norm. The Divine Feminine was removed from the equation or relegated to second class (as seen in the Cult of Mary).

We currently live in a culture that has spent thousands of years suppressing the feminine aspect of the divine. Since approximately 1/2 of the human population is physically feminine, this suppression opens the door to extreme inner turmoil.

So.. how does the Old Hag fit in?
Let's say that a man experiences ASP and due to the shock of finding himself paralyzed, unable to move, or call out, and this sudden and confusing state sends him into a state of complete terror. Since he has just barely awoken from the dream state, his subconscious mind is still playing an active role. The subconscious mind responds to the man's terror by giving that fear a form--a symbolic representation that he can interact with, and ideally, overcome. Let's say that the form in this case is the Old Hag.

Why her?
Perhaps the man has been excessively dominant and controlling--believing that men are superior to women. However, the subconscious mind knows that balance is the key and that for the man to be truly happy be must face his fear of the power and divinity of the feminine. The divine feminine is within him (as it is within all of us) but he has suppressed it, relegated it to the realm of the unknown and become fearful of it.

Or, perhaps he is in touch with his "softer side" and has difficulty living up to the societal demands of a "strong masculine man." But because society has taught him that femininity is the equivalent of weakness, he is afraid to accept himself for who he is. Not wanting to be a disappointment to society or himself, he attempts to suppress the feminine within him.

In both cases it was the men's fear that transformed the divine feminine into a hideous and terrifying Old Hag.

He doesn't have to be consciously aware of this inner struggle or of his unhealthy "worldview" for his subconscious to produce the Old Hag.

But why do women experience the Old Hag? Surely they could not be afraid of the Divine Feminine. Not so...
Many women have been taught their whole lives that they are inferior. Slaves at worst and "helpmates" and co-pilots at best. Rarely are women exposed to the idea that the Divine Feminine is EQUAL in value to the Divine Masculine.

Anyway... these are very simplistic examples and are only meant to illustrate the concept. I think it would be very interesting to further look into the connection between the Old Hag and a cultural suppression of the Divine Feminine.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1290067

According to lore Lilith was equal to the man and she refused to lie under Adam. She slept with an angel and was cast out as an abomination. She is considered the queen of the succubi. Interesting view you have. Are u a female? We should conduct a poll to compare the number of sightings of the old hag between women and men, might be interesting???

Trent Reznor

“And when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.”
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
This was my experience

I was dreaming that I was in some sort of ship with people, we were the ones flying it, then we had to for some reason land on some planet. We knew the beings were waiting for us outside and this was the first time we were going to make contact with another intelligent life force, one of my friends was with me and he felt confident he could go out there and talk to them, we were all at the door of the ship to go outside. He goes out there and all I can remember was him and the being which was a girl with long black hair, he was smiling because he was confident that he could talk to them but they didnt talk, they just smiled, this REALLY creepy music came on, like repetitive music or tones, then her face was focused on and these weird robotic voices were talking or speaking, kind of like the voice of wall-e but creepier. All of the sudden my friend panics and says "they read minds....... THEY READ MINDS!!!!!" and out of nowhere im awake but not awake, this is the crazy part. I wake up but my eyes are still closed my body is paralyzed, i can hear the TV I know im face down with my hands on my sides, my mind goes into this weird trance tunnel, like if somebody is trying to talk to me through telepathy and i want to move but i cant no matter how hard i try, im going "PLEASE STOP PLEASE STOP!" at this point i KNOW im awake I can feel and hear everything but at the sametime I can't move i cant speak i can only move my eyes but they remain shut because i cant open them no matter how hard i try, the voice is still talking to me even though i cant understand a word and inside my mind is like im going through this weird trance tunnel like "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" then i finally said "STOP!!!!" and i could finally move and open my eyes...

Never experienced anything more terrifying
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1211047

It sounds like your becoming lucid in your dream. Do you think that maybe you carried the dream into your half awake state as a manifestation? Or do you feel, that you were targeted by an intelligent entity?

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 09:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thankyou AC, please don't insist to change the post to much to a religious nature. I appreciate this to be an unbiased thread. Thank you very much.

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 09:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
I get sleep paralysis sometimes and it sucks, I hate it. I'm in my bed, frozen, can't move, but conscious. and sometimes I can even see around me. there is also sometimes a loud high pitched ringing. every single time I think I'm screaming at the top of my lungs screaming for help, but it ends up I'm not because when the paralysis ends I realize I haven't been screaming just trying too. I remember a certain time when I was having sleep paralysis I heard a deep demonic voice say "I will condemn you." it was horrible. soooo scary especially because I couldn't move or see. I always feel an evil presence when it happens. and sometimes I feel it coming on when im about to wake up from a dream
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1049288

Do you feel that your personal experience is demonic in nature? Are you a christian?

Trent Reznor

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1315884
United States
04/09/2011 10:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
its so scary. anyways i am a christian who lives on the east coast of the united states. I get sleep paralysis once a month (typically).

It is always a dark, shadowy figure. I feel as tho it wears a large dark hood, but im not really sure because i cant lift my head up to really look.

The one thing i have done to help breal the paralysis is to focus all your energy (i know its hard but this has happened to me for over 15 years now so ive gotten good at breaking it) but focus ALL ALL ALL of your energy on a finger. With all the strength of this focus, just TRY TRY TRY to bend ever so slightly one of your fingers. Then, just as you bend the finger in even the tiniest, slightest fashion, the paralysis will break. I know its hard, but just read this and think about it. It will help your brain think about the finger bending method, and once you just move it a tad, the paralysis breaks and thank God because that was some scary shit!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1331423

yes if U can move that finger it will allow U to break the paralysis...but GAWD it hurts SOOO much and all of my willpower is not enough for the most part, no matter how much i try!
when i sense the SP coming i have less than a second to act or it cant be overcome.im 40, im tired of SP.it is so exhausting.
i have it so often now i forget about it, ignore it.
no one online can explain WHY...and ive read it all.
just knowing others out there truly understand this is a two edged sword.
yes some people understand the pain of it, but that also mean they are enduring it too.

ive told myself countless times over these years to move that little finger, just make it move a tiny bit and i can escape.
if i knew what was going to happen when that black hole comes(because i dont see presences, i just call it what i sense=a black hole) than i might not have such a hard time and wont fight so much....

ps the sp comes BEFORE i fall asleep, always.
never after i wake up.
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
its so scary. anyways i am a christian who lives on the east coast of the united states. I get sleep paralysis once a month (typically).

It is always a dark, shadowy figure. I feel as tho it wears a large dark hood, but im not really sure because i cant lift my head up to really look.

The one thing i have done to help breal the paralysis is to focus all your energy (i know its hard but this has happened to me for over 15 years now so ive gotten good at breaking it) but focus ALL ALL ALL of your energy on a finger. With all the strength of this focus, just TRY TRY TRY to bend ever so slightly one of your fingers. Then, just as you bend the finger in even the tiniest, slightest fashion, the paralysis will break. I know its hard, but just read this and think about it. It will help your brain think about the finger bending method, and once you just move it a tad, the paralysis breaks and thank God because that was some scary shit!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1331423

yes if U can move that finger it will allow U to break the paralysis...but GAWD it hurts SOOO much and all of my willpower is not enough for the most part, no matter how much i try!
when i sense the SP coming i have less than a second to act or it cant be overcome.im 40, im tired of SP.it is so exhausting.
i have it so often now i forget about it, ignore it.
no one online can explain WHY...and ive read it all.
just knowing others out there truly understand this is a two edged sword.
yes some people understand the pain of it, but that also mean they are enduring it too.

ive told myself countless times over these years to move that little finger, just make it move a tiny bit and i can escape.
if i knew what was going to happen when that black hole comes(because i dont see presences, i just call it what i sense=a black hole) than i might not have such a hard time and wont fight so much....

ps the sp comes BEFORE i fall asleep, always.
never after i wake up.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1315884

Have you ever thought about going to a sleep clinic?

Trent Reznor

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1334859
United States
04/09/2011 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
So if we were to say that aliens influence modern society, hence abductions. And demons and witches influenced society in the 1700's hence the demon and or hag. And the shadowy violent figure influenced by christianity, and belief in poltergeists. What get's me is why people still experience an old hag to this day when A: they never heard about Old Hag Syndrome and B: that does not apply to modern day influences. It is the odd one out, yet it is consistently experienced for over 2000 years.

I wonder if I understand you correctly. You theorize that in sleep paralysis cases one awakens incompletely, afraid and unable to move, and either:
a) the dreaming mind manufactures an experience to match the fear,
or
b) something independent exists outside the mind that causes the experience.
Yes?
You are specifically bothered by the possibility of b) in the case of the Hag.
Captain T/F.O. Isobel

User ID: 1187046
United States
04/09/2011 01:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ive encountered sleep paralysis many times but Ive never seen any entities manifest near my bed or anything of the sort...
"And as I fell apart, nobody paid much attention"

GLP