Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,032 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,063,699
Pageviews Today: 1,944,169Threads Today: 651Posts Today: 14,367
06:50 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Alien abduction, Old Hag Syndrome, Sleep Paralysis.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1315884
United States
04/09/2011 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Alien abduction, Old Hag Syndrome, Sleep Paralysis.
its so scary. anyways i am a christian who lives on the east coast of the united states. I get sleep paralysis once a month (typically).

It is always a dark, shadowy figure. I feel as tho it wears a large dark hood, but im not really sure because i cant lift my head up to really look.

The one thing i have done to help breal the paralysis is to focus all your energy (i know its hard but this has happened to me for over 15 years now so ive gotten good at breaking it) but focus ALL ALL ALL of your energy on a finger. With all the strength of this focus, just TRY TRY TRY to bend ever so slightly one of your fingers. Then, just as you bend the finger in even the tiniest, slightest fashion, the paralysis will break. I know its hard, but just read this and think about it. It will help your brain think about the finger bending method, and once you just move it a tad, the paralysis breaks and thank God because that was some scary shit!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1331423

yes if U can move that finger it will allow U to break the paralysis...but GAWD it hurts SOOO much and all of my willpower is not enough for the most part, no matter how much i try!
when i sense the SP coming i have less than a second to act or it cant be overcome.im 40, im tired of SP.it is so exhausting.
i have it so often now i forget about it, ignore it.
no one online can explain WHY...and ive read it all.
just knowing others out there truly understand this is a two edged sword.
yes some people understand the pain of it, but that also mean they are enduring it too.

ive told myself countless times over these years to move that little finger, just make it move a tiny bit and i can escape.
if i knew what was going to happen when that black hole comes(because i dont see presences, i just call it what i sense=a black hole) than i might not have such a hard time and wont fight so much....

ps the sp comes BEFORE i fall asleep, always.
never after i wake up.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1315884

Have you ever thought about going to a sleep clinic?
 Quoting: Jet Wylie

i did when i was young, heard about sleep clinics and wanted to go see, but then got older, forgot, life goes on.
now i wouldnt just because of gas prices.i live way out from the cities.
i really would like to know how to use this paralysis to my advantage, like controlling it somehow.to go somewhere or learn something new.
Jet Wylie  (OP)

User ID: 1333355
France
04/09/2011 06:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
So if we were to say that aliens influence modern society, hence abductions. And demons and witches influenced society in the 1700's hence the demon and or hag. And the shadowy violent figure influenced by christianity, and belief in poltergeists. What get's me is why people still experience an old hag to this day when A: they never heard about Old Hag Syndrome and B: that does not apply to modern day influences. It is the odd one out, yet it is consistently experienced for over 2000 years.

I wonder if I understand you correctly. You theorize that in sleep paralysis cases one awakens incompletely, afraid and unable to move, and either:
a) the dreaming mind manufactures an experience to match the fear,
or
b) something independent exists outside the mind that causes the experience.
Yes?
You are specifically bothered by the possibility of b) in the case of the Hag.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1334859

Haha AC, don't try to understand me. I am not theorizing in this thread as not to influence anyone's responses. What i believe i wish to disclose at a later date after i can read some more experiences. However you are correct, i am particularly bothered by the old hag. It's like almost putting together a puzzle but several pieces don't fit. I am beginning to feel that if we can find the connection, we would have alot more answers to this phenomenon. I started studied SP to find a link between abduction cases and SP symptoms. What i have personally experienced and some peoples stories on your side of the world as well as here in Europe are quite disturbing and at this stage (or any) i cannot discount an outside influence. I hope that answers your questions, thank you for your time to read and post!!
“I think there's something strangely musical about noise.”

Trent Reznor

“And when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.”
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ive encountered sleep paralysis many times but Ive never seen any entities manifest near my bed or anything of the sort...
 Quoting: Captain T/F.O. Isobel

You are one of a lucky few. I do suppose it would hard to imagine some of these peoples stories. But it is as real as life to the experiencer during the episode.

Trent Reznor

“And when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.”
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 06:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
its so scary. anyways i am a christian who lives on the east coast of the united states. I get sleep paralysis once a month (typically).

It is always a dark, shadowy figure. I feel as tho it wears a large dark hood, but im not really sure because i cant lift my head up to really look.

The one thing i have done to help breal the paralysis is to focus all your energy (i know its hard but this has happened to me for over 15 years now so ive gotten good at breaking it) but focus ALL ALL ALL of your energy on a finger. With all the strength of this focus, just TRY TRY TRY to bend ever so slightly one of your fingers. Then, just as you bend the finger in even the tiniest, slightest fashion, the paralysis will break. I know its hard, but just read this and think about it. It will help your brain think about the finger bending method, and once you just move it a tad, the paralysis breaks and thank God because that was some scary shit!!!

yes if U can move that finger it will allow U to break the paralysis...but GAWD it hurts SOOO much and all of my willpower is not enough for the most part, no matter how much i try!
when i sense the SP coming i have less than a second to act or it cant be overcome.im 40, im tired of SP.it is so exhausting.
yes some people understand the pain of it, but that also mean they are enduring it too.

ive told myself countless times over these years to move that little finger, just make it move a tiny bit and i can escape.
if i knew what was going to happen when that black hole comes(because i dont see presences, i just call it what i sense=a black hole) than i might not have such a hard time and wont fight so much....

never after i wake up.

Have you ever thought about going to a sleep clinic?

i did when i was young, heard about sleep clinics and wanted to go see, but then got older, forgot, life goes on.
now i wouldnt just because of gas prices.i live way out from the cities.
i really would like to know how to use this paralysis to my advantage, like controlling it somehow.to go somewhere or learn something new.

I don't think it's my place to give you advice, but be cautious if you want to do that.....

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 06:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 07:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

never after i wake up.

Yes it can be very exhausting for people, especially working people balancing hectic lives...

Trent Reznor

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1325908
United States
04/09/2011 07:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have experienced SP a few times and the two that stand out mostly are when I was visited by a Beautiful Woman in a Red Dress and she was very kind and loving..she told me some stories while she was laying on my chest and rubbing my sexual organs (Im very serious about this!) Anyway, I asked her name and she told me Nemitonia or Nebadonia. She has visited me twice where I could actually see her and others where I heard her speaking to me. Sometimes in my right ear and sometimes in my left ear..Im still trying to figure this out but needless to say..its a amazingly wonderful experience. I believe she is an Angel or Ascended Master that is with me. I asked if she is an Angel and she said she is an R.S.???

Peace to all.
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have experienced SP a few times and the two that stand out mostly are when I was visited by a Beautiful Woman in a Red Dress and she was very kind and loving..she told me some stories while she was laying on my chest and rubbing my sexual organs (Im very serious about this!) Anyway, I asked her name and she told me Nemitonia or Nebadonia. She has visited me twice where I could actually see her and others where I heard her speaking to me. Sometimes in my right ear and sometimes in my left ear..Im still trying to figure this out but needless to say..its a amazingly wonderful experience. I believe she is an Angel or Ascended Master that is with me. I asked if she is an Angel and she said she is an R.S.???

Peace to all.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1325908

Haha i wish my experiences where like that!! i wonder what an R.S. is?

Trent Reznor

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1325908
United States
04/09/2011 07:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have been keeping a Dream Journal since 10/2007 and she has visited me as well as another woman on horseback that says she is an R.S. Im sure one of these days I can get that answer from them but not yet.

Peace to all.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1325908

Haha i wish my experiences where like that!! i wonder what an R.S. is?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1055912
United States
04/09/2011 07:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, I will share I had a couple experiences back when I was around 12 (31 now).

1st- Was laying in bed awake facing wall. Heard deep breathing next to me low voice said you are seeeexxxyyy (no men in my house, no one entered room) I laid frozen for many hours til I fell asleep. I was scared into paralysis.

2nd- I was dreaming and in the dream my mom turned into a hag witch type lady. Frozen and couldn't wake up breath or move for minutes.

3rd- Was in bed facing window (new apartment) outside window saw thing with red eyes looking in made me have paralysis but I felt like it was trying to take my soul or "bounce" it in and out if that makes sense. (this one was scariest by far!)

Crazy, I know. All of these events plus visions happened from 10-13 and then I have never had anything like it again.
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 07:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, I will share I had a couple experiences back when I was around 12 (31 now).

1st- Was laying in bed awake facing wall. Heard deep breathing next to me low voice said you are seeeexxxyyy (no men in my house, no one entered room) I laid frozen for many hours til I fell asleep. I was scared into paralysis.

2nd- I was dreaming and in the dream my mom turned into a hag witch type lady. Frozen and couldn't wake up breath or move for minutes.

3rd- Was in bed facing window (new apartment) outside window saw thing with red eyes looking in made me have paralysis but I felt like it was trying to take my soul or "bounce" it in and out if that makes sense. (this one was scariest by far!)

Crazy, I know. All of these events plus visions happened from 10-13 and then I have never had anything like it again.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1055912

And there she is again.... the old hag. Are you a female?

Trent Reznor

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1055912
United States
04/09/2011 07:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes I am
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/09/2011 07:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes I am
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1055912

Just a question because i am curious of the nature of the old hag, and the sex of the experiencer. So far it appears it is indiscriminate....

Trent Reznor

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1085867
United States
04/10/2011 01:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
had many bouts of SP in my teens and early 20's.

once saw a hooded figure shuffling around the end and
over to the side of my bed and on another occasion
something jumping on my bed.

very scary stuff, when I could no longer stand it
I prayed to God to make it stop and it went away.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1336315
United States
04/10/2011 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
So if we were to say that aliens influence modern society, hence abductions. And demons and witches influenced society in the 1700's hence the demon and or hag. And the shadowy violent figure influenced by christianity, and belief in poltergeists. What get's me is why people still experience an old hag to this day when A: they never heard about Old Hag Syndrome and B: that does not apply to modern day influences. It is the odd one out, yet it is consistently experienced for over 2000 years.

I wonder if I understand you correctly. You theorize that in sleep paralysis cases one awakens incompletely, afraid and unable to move, and either:
or
Yes?

Haha AC, don't try to understand me. I am not theorizing in this thread as not to influence anyone's responses. What i believe i wish to disclose at a later date after i can read some more experiences. However you are correct, i am particularly bothered by the old hag. It's like almost putting together a puzzle but several pieces don't fit. I am beginning to feel that if we can find the connection, we would have alot more answers to this phenomenon. I started studied SP to find a link between abduction cases and SP symptoms. What i have personally experienced and some peoples stories on your side of the world as well as here in Europe are quite disturbing and at this stage (or any) i cannot discount an outside influence. I hope that answers your questions, thank you for your time to read and post!!

So, for your databank:

My personal sleep pattern includes several awakenings a night, since childhood. I don't think of it as a problem - it's just the way I sleep. I probably have had more incidences of SP than I remember, because really, you would not know unless you tried to move!

Similar to one of your respondents above, I have at times suffered from nocturnal leg cramps. In those cases, I felt the utmost urgency to move, to get out of bed, even to walk outside barefoot in the cold. At some small number of times, the culmination of this was what I called "the fainting noise" - the loud buzzing sound/vibration also referred to previously. This was a signal to me that I should find somewhere soft to crash. I did not lose consciousness, but only voluntary movement. At none of these times did I feel the presence of another entity.

However, there have been times that I have awakened with a great sense of the presence of danger, and the feeling !Someone! was there, just out of sight, or !Something! like a light was just fading. Interestingly, on several occasions (because I like to listen to the radio at night), I could hear electrical interference.

So, as to the appearance of the Hag:
I had a strange dream that to the best of my recollection seemed like some sort of quasi Egyptian (because of the 'costuming', 'scenario', etc.) ritual. Presiding had been a Priestess of some sort whose appearance grew more aged as the ritual progressed. At one point, she raised her arms and I awakened in great fear. I was lying on my back, and felt an enormous pressure on my chest. I opened my eyes to an ordinary darkness and as soon as I moved, the weight was gone. For about a week thereafter, I felt the fear and the weight again without the dream. I always thought it was some kind of psychic attack that did not quite work.

I am female, and a Christian. Good luck with your studies.yodayoda
CaptiveR
User ID: 1336360
United Kingdom
04/10/2011 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
So aside from the couple of times i had sleep paralysis, i used to get ill(i think) when i was around 9 or 10 years old.
I can just about remember a few times i would wake up, crying and sweating, but hallucinating a number of times when i awoke, and it was like the walls of my bedroom became scorpions, or spiders, or i felt i could see my own illness manifesting all around me.
crazy
User ID: 1335053
United States
04/10/2011 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Shadowy, or sometimes (rarely) white figure(s).

My mother swears she has seen "aliens" while in bed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1266150

Very interesting, i'll take that as Mr.Shadow 1, and Alien 1.

whiteish..is correct..or a spirituall green..meaning not flesh spiriutall
CaptiveR
User ID: 1336360
United Kingdom
04/10/2011 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
I also had one experience, which is so bizarre, i will find it difficult to explain.

I had a dream when i was about 7, of being in a field next to a sand quarry, a strange concrete structure in the background, all of it running along side a motorway.

When i was 21, i was sat in the back of a car and heading to Scotland, when i realized that the scenery was very familiar to me, even though i had not been that far North before. The strange concrete structure in the background gave me an instant mind blowing as i suddenly had Deja-vu, or at least i remembered i had visioned this scenery via a dream when i was young. In the dream i was standing in the field viewing the motorway, and while going along the motorway i visioned myself in that exact field.

Is any of that making any sense??
crazy
United States
04/10/2011 01:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

im an abductee...i now enjoy the sleep paralysis...without it i couldnt sleep..i sometimes can hear talking during this but really cant feel a thing......thats for the better..trust me you really dont want to know what is being done to you....however if you wake up threw this which i have the aliens will run away very quickley...i wake up very quickly the sleep ray technology no makes me ill and on pushes on the pressure point on my forhead to make me sleep...ive had way to much sleep technoloy from them so i now have like a hangover the next day....no it well
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/10/2011 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

or
Yes?

So, for your databank:

My personal sleep pattern includes several awakenings a night, since childhood. I don't think of it as a problem - it's just the way I sleep. I probably have had more incidences of SP than I remember, because really, you would not know unless you tried to move!

Similar to one of your respondents above, I have at times suffered from nocturnal leg cramps. In those cases, I felt the utmost urgency to move, to get out of bed, even to walk outside barefoot in the cold. At some small number of times, the culmination of this was what I called "the fainting noise" - the loud buzzing sound/vibration also referred to previously. This was a signal to me that I should find somewhere soft to crash. I did not lose consciousness, but only voluntary movement. At none of these times did I feel the presence of another entity.

However, there have been times that I have awakened with a great sense of the presence of danger, and the feeling !Someone! was there, just out of sight, or !Something! like a light was just fading. Interestingly, on several occasions (because I like to listen to the radio at night), I could hear electrical interference.

So, as to the appearance of the Hag:
I had a strange dream that to the best of my recollection seemed like some sort of quasi Egyptian (because of the 'costuming', 'scenario', etc.) ritual. Presiding had been a Priestess of some sort whose appearance grew more aged as the ritual progressed. At one point, she raised her arms and I awakened in great fear. I was lying on my back, and felt an enormous pressure on my chest. I opened my eyes to an ordinary darkness and as soon as I moved, the weight was gone. For about a week thereafter, I felt the fear and the weight again without the dream. I always thought it was some kind of psychic attack that did not quite work.

I am female, and a Christian. Good luck with your studies.yodayoda
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1336315

Thanks for your response. 96% percent of responses that i have studied show that the weight on the chest is usually only consistent with the hag. This is very unusual when experiencing other entities and/or presences. Very helpful stuff, and thanks for including your sex and religion!!! Hope you sleep well!

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/10/2011 04:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
So aside from the couple of times i had sleep paralysis, i used to get ill(i think) when i was around 9 or 10 years old.
I can just about remember a few times i would wake up, crying and sweating, but hallucinating a number of times when i awoke, and it was like the walls of my bedroom became scorpions, or spiders, or i felt i could see my own illness manifesting all around me.
 Quoting: CaptiveR 1336360

Hmmm sounds like a night terror.....

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/10/2011 04:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I also had one experience, which is so bizarre, i will find it difficult to explain.

I had a dream when i was about 7, of being in a field next to a sand quarry, a strange concrete structure in the background, all of it running along side a motorway.

When i was 21, i was sat in the back of a car and heading to Scotland, when i realized that the scenery was very familiar to me, even though i had not been that far North before. The strange concrete structure in the background gave me an instant mind blowing as i suddenly had Deja-vu, or at least i remembered i had visioned this scenery via a dream when i was young. In the dream i was standing in the field viewing the motorway, and while going along the motorway i visioned myself in that exact field.

That sounds to me like you experienced a dream within a dream, or dream deja vu if you will. I am quite sure you where on the verge of becoming lucid as you began to question your surroundings.

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/10/2011 04:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

im an abductee...i now enjoy the sleep paralysis...without it i couldnt sleep..i sometimes can hear talking during this but really cant feel a thing......thats for the better..trust me you really dont want to know what is being done to you....however if you wake up threw this which i have the aliens will run away very quickley...i wake up very quickly the sleep ray technology no makes me ill and on pushes on the pressure point on my forhead to make me sleep...ive had way to much sleep technoloy from them so i now have like a hangover the next day....no it well
 Quoting: crazy 1335053

If you are comfortable, please share your abduction experience with me. If you are not, perhaps you might like to share via email??

Trent Reznor

crazy
United States
04/10/2011 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

That sounds to me like you experienced a dream within a dream, or dream deja vu if you will. I am quite sure you where on the verge of becoming lucid as you began to question your surroundings.

when they use sleep paralysis it is usually technoly that they use...i never want to find out what what done to me...or should i say i really dont care..been through it all....
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/10/2011 05:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

when they use sleep paralysis it is usually technoly that they use...i never want to find out what what done to me...or should i say i really dont care..been through it all....
 Quoting: crazy 1335053

Can you please provide details, your age, sex, religion. Can you describe them? Are you a repeat abductee and if so, at what age was your first experience?

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/11/2011 08:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/11/2011 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Trent Reznor

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1326683
United Kingdom
04/12/2011 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Shameless bump, had sleep paralysis twice in a week now (not had it since i was teenager , very long time ago lol)

Last one was very nasty felt like my neck was going be cut , and always the figure in the dark unseen.. dr time or leave the beer alone lol ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1332602
United States
04/12/2011 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
According to my own research, in most sleep paralysis episodes, the victim experiences 3 major entities/hallucinations. 1. Alien abduction is consistent with sleep paralysis in most cases. 2. In Newfoundland and England people experience an old hag, which i must add is documented back over 2000 years. And 3. A shadowy figure who either stands at the foot of your bed and/or attacks the victim violently. If you do suffer from SP i would really like to know which of these you experience. Yes i am aware of the scientific explanations and yes i have heard many christian inputs about demons, so i would appreciate no bible bashers or people who have a self taught degree. I merely want to compare the entities and include them in my research to find a connection.

i dont know if this helps but i can offer two tidbits to your research

1. i got SP ALL THE TIME, even able to see the 3 shadow figures in my early teens - i used to say the LORDS PRAYER and it would always stop.

2. in the filipines this is common too, they recommend wiggling yor toes to make it stop.

GLP