Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,814 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 460,476
Pageviews Today: 728,767Threads Today: 299Posts Today: 4,470
07:58 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Alien abduction, Old Hag Syndrome, Sleep Paralysis.

Jet Wylie  (OP)

User ID: 1353711
France
04/23/2011 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Alien abduction, Old Hag Syndrome, Sleep Paralysis.
I've had episodes of sleep paralysis over the course of like 5 or 6 years, doesn't happen to often though.

I think my first time was at a friends house and I found myself unable to move, and I had a feeling of dread as I sensed a presence near by, but could not percieve it.
Another time I could hear my bedroom doorknob being jiggled as I lay paralysed ( I was the only one in the apartment that night).

My latest one though is the wierdest. I remember seeing a humanoid demonic type figure next to my bed, kneeling over my body, cept this was kinda different, it was more like an out of body experience, as I seemed to be viewing myself in the third person from a perspective above my bed. I could see its face was twisting shape.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1308466

Yes in alot of cases SP is a precursor to OBE's. Usually SP can be triggered by becoming lucid in your dream. This means tht you suddenly realise that you are in a dream. Some people use techniques and everyday training to become lucid and they have the ability to control their dreams. To the untrained or amateur individual it can automatically trigger SP. You will wake up with ringing or buzzing in your ears. If that dream was a nightmare, or something frightened you i can almost guarantee you will have a sense of dread in your SP. For those who do experience OBE's usually done by deliberately 'riding out the SP' whilst staying awake and aware. It is highly unreccomended for those who don't understand the nature of it, because the experience can quickly become dark and demonic in nature to the experiencer. Also alot of people report feeling that there is something that connects them to the physical body, and wondering too far can bring a fear of detachment from one's physical self!!
“I think there's something strangely musical about noise.”

Trent Reznor

“And when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1340387
United States
04/23/2011 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
so we should try to stay awake and ride it out?
i dont think ive ever tried that...it takes all my energy to fight it.
so we should relax and just let it happen?
and this will help us how?
im not being sarcastic, i sincerely want to know how to use this SP to my own advantage.
i want to turn the tables and be a master of myself in SP.
sky168

User ID: 1106440
Australia
04/23/2011 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
had SP twice - both times saw a shimmering triangular shaped object/being with glowing eyes.... felt really menacing, as soon as i tried to scream it felt as if it was sitting on my chest.

really creepy. haven't experienced it in years though, thankfully.
Assenzio
User ID: 1353801
Italy
04/23/2011 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ufomachine.org]

Click on "inglese", and download the file.

Or try:

[link to freeforumzone.leonardo.it]

Good luck! =)
Anonymous Coward
Italy
04/23/2011 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to sentistoria.org] hf
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
so we should try to stay awake and ride it out?
i dont think ive ever tried that...it takes all my energy to fight it.
so we should relax and just let it happen?
and this will help us how?
im not being sarcastic, i sincerely want to know how to use this SP to my own advantage.
i want to turn the tables and be a master of myself in SP.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1340387

In a completely unbiased and non-religious opinion..... that's entirely up to you. How you perceive your reality may be reflected in your experience. If you are a christian or follow another monotheistic religion, i suggest against it. It's not my place to press my beliefs on you and tell you what you should do.

Trent Reznor

“And when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.”
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 11:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
had SP twice - both times saw a shimmering triangular shaped object/being with glowing eyes.... felt really menacing, as soon as i tried to scream it felt as if it was sitting on my chest.

really creepy. haven't experienced it in years though, thankfully.
 Quoting: sky168

Very similar to the old hag experience where you felt an opression on your chest!!

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ufomachine.org]

Click on "inglese", and download the file.

Or try:

[link to freeforumzone.leonardo.it]

Good luck! =)
 Quoting: Assenzio 1353801

What is this before i attempt to download anything??

Trent Reznor

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1346115
Canada
04/23/2011 11:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
Italy
04/23/2011 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Inside the pdf file called "Alien Cicatrix" ( french version: [link to sentistoria.org] ), theres a possible explanation of sleep paralysis related to alien abduction.
Vermithrax

User ID: 1204892
Canada
04/23/2011 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've had sleep paralysis in the past. WHen I was 16 I started to read the new testement, just to culture myself and know what I was talking about whenever the bible got brought up, which it always does. I did the same thing for classic literature, drama, and science as well. Anyways, I did start to get this sense that Jesus was indeed real... shortly after I would wake up to these evil, malevolent, ancient feelings in my room. I would be in this weird state where everything in my room was the same, only foggy, grayish, and smoky. There was always this horrible being there; a small black cloud that would try to stick its fist through my chest or sit on me where I couldn't breath. This would happen every single night for years, no one understood while I was always tired and I could never tell them. It was horrible

A Few nights in particuar, the shadow cloud thing brought with it this very tall, elongated being. It was humanoid but made up of black smoke as well. It was white pin hole eyes and would just stare at me. THank God it never came near me because it was terrifying.

I've seen shadow people running by quickly on occasions as well. WHen I was younger there was always tapping and scrathing on the walls as well. I get the impression that these things had a hold on my life, and being familiar with Jesus really really P'ed them off.

Just for the record. I am no bible thumper, and I don't even know if I trust the current translations of the bible. I', probably a Gnostic Christian if anything, meaning I think these things are Archons.

ALso, I never saw the Hat Man, but know many many people who have
justobserving

User ID: 1176064
United States
04/23/2011 01:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is what happened to me twice when I was in my early teens...it felt like there was a hand on the back of my head holding me down (I sleep on my stomach)and something was trying to suffocate me. I heard ringing in my ears but I think that was because I was straining so hard to get up and out of bed. When I could finally pick my head up and move, I ran into my mother's room and woke her up and told her. A few years later it happened again in the same way. Only this time my mother took me to a neurologist. I had those sticky things on my head and had a bright light flashing in front of me (eyes closed) and I was being tested for epilepsy/seizures. There was no evidence of that. No evidence of anything out of the ordinary. But I will remember those experiences like they happened yesterday. I am 41 years old now. I didn't get the sense that there was an "old hag" pushing my head down though. I felt more like it was a demon. My upbringing was Christian...
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Inside the pdf file called "Alien Cicatrix" ( french version: [link to sentistoria.org] ), theres a possible explanation of sleep paralysis related to alien abduction.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1353801

Ok i will see it. Thankyou!

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've had sleep paralysis in the past. WHen I was 16 I started to read the new testement, just to culture myself and know what I was talking about whenever the bible got brought up, which it always does. I did the same thing for classic literature, drama, and science as well. Anyways, I did start to get this sense that Jesus was indeed real... shortly after I would wake up to these evil, malevolent, ancient feelings in my room. I would be in this weird state where everything in my room was the same, only foggy, grayish, and smoky. There was always this horrible being there; a small black cloud that would try to stick its fist through my chest or sit on me where I couldn't breath. This would happen every single night for years, no one understood while I was always tired and I could never tell them. It was horrible

A Few nights in particuar, the shadow cloud thing brought with it this very tall, elongated being. It was humanoid but made up of black smoke as well. It was white pin hole eyes and would just stare at me. THank God it never came near me because it was terrifying.

I've seen shadow people running by quickly on occasions as well. WHen I was younger there was always tapping and scrathing on the walls as well. I get the impression that these things had a hold on my life, and being familiar with Jesus really really P'ed them off.

Just for the record. I am no bible thumper, and I don't even know if I trust the current translations of the bible. I', probably a Gnostic Christian if anything, meaning I think these things are Archons.

ALso, I never saw the Hat Man, but know many many people who have
 Quoting: Vermithrax

Hi Verm, so you started experiencing this after you 'found jesus'? When you did start to believe in Jesus, did you say it out loud? And more thing.... describe why you refer to them as Archons, what 'Archon' means to you, and why you believe they were in fact 'Archons'. Thankyou.

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is what happened to me twice when I was in my early teens...it felt like there was a hand on the back of my head holding me down (I sleep on my stomach)and something was trying to suffocate me. I heard ringing in my ears but I think that was because I was straining so hard to get up and out of bed. When I could finally pick my head up and move, I ran into my mother's room and woke her up and told her. A few years later it happened again in the same way. Only this time my mother took me to a neurologist. I had those sticky things on my head and had a bright light flashing in front of me (eyes closed) and I was being tested for epilepsy/seizures. There was no evidence of that. No evidence of anything out of the ordinary. But I will remember those experiences like they happened yesterday. I am 41 years old now. I didn't get the sense that there was an "old hag" pushing my head down though. I felt more like it was a demon. My upbringing was Christian...
 Quoting: justobserving

Ok, thanks for the post. Tell me.... do you feel that your christian upbringing played a role in how you perceived that presence? Why did you feel that it was a 'demon'? Because you felt terror, do you think that you automatically assumed that it was in fact a 'demon'? Thanks for your post!

Trent Reznor

AcidRain

User ID: 851754
United States
04/23/2011 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have sleep paralysis and weird dreams along with it all the time. Just last night I had sleep paralysis and couldn't move, and then dreamed that my 4 year old niece was in my room getting into all my stuff and I was powerless to stop her because I couldn't move.

It's not always funny like that though. I've had really terrible nightmares during sleep paralysis, and the horrible thing is, you're completely aware while having these hallucinations.
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have sleep paralysis and weird dreams along with it all the time. Just last night I had sleep paralysis and couldn't move, and then dreamed that my 4 year old niece was in my room getting into all my stuff and I was powerless to stop her because I couldn't move.

It's not always funny like that though. I've had really terrible nightmares during sleep paralysis, and the horrible thing is, you're completely aware while having these hallucinations.
 Quoting: AcidRain

Hi! Do you follow a religion? And if so, from what age? Also if you don't mind telling me your age. And one more thing, can you describe these terrible nightmares? What did you see? How did it make you feel? Thanks for your post!

Trent Reznor

Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 06:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hi! Do you follow a religion? And if so, from what age? Also if you don't mind telling me your age. And one more thing, can you describe these terrible nightmares? What did you see? How did it make you feel? Thanks for your post!
 Quoting: Jet Wylie

Btw, love your Communion pic in your avatar...... great film!

Trent Reznor

AcidRain

United States
04/23/2011 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sure. I'm a Christian and have been since I was a young child, kind of had a falling out with religion when I was 12 or so and then found my faith again when I was 17 or 18. I'm 21 now.

I can recall two very vivid and terrible nightmares during sleep paralysis.

In the first, my younger brother, who I shared a bedroom with at the time was dying on the floor and I was powerless to save him, obviously was pretty scary, in the dream he eventually died and I could do nothing but stare at his body. I was probably 10 at the time.

In the second, I was being watched by an alien (a stereotypical grey) from outside my window while lights flashed outside. I tried as hard as I could to move and couldn't. I kept telling myself that it wasn't real and I was just sleeping, but, it didn't do much to calm my fears. It was probably one of the scariest nightmares I've ever had. I'd say I was probably 18 when this one happened. And while I do believe aliens are out there, and may be visiting our planet, I don't believe that I was abducted or anything like that to me, it's just a scary dream.
AcidRain

United States
04/23/2011 07:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

Btw, love your Communion pic in your avatar...... great film!

Thanks! You're the first person to mention that.
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sure. I'm a Christian and have been since I was a young child, kind of had a falling out with religion when I was 12 or so and then found my faith again when I was 17 or 18. I'm 21 now.

In the first, my younger brother, who I shared a bedroom with at the time was dying on the floor and I was powerless to save him, obviously was pretty scary, in the dream he eventually died and I could do nothing but stare at his body. I was probably 10 at the time.

In the second, I was being watched by an alien (a stereotypical grey) from outside my window while lights flashed outside. I tried as hard as I could to move and couldn't. I kept telling myself that it wasn't real and I was just sleeping, but, it didn't do much to calm my fears. It was probably one of the scariest nightmares I've ever had. I'd say I was probably 18 when this one happened. And while I do believe aliens are out there, and may be visiting our planet, I don't believe that I was abducted or anything like that to me, it's just a scary dream.

Thankyou! You're story is particular interest to me because you mention a 'typical grey' and flashing lights outside your window. How long ago was that? Have you experienced anything like that again? Why do you describe it as a nightmare, do you feel that you were not lucid and aware? Did this happen during your 'off time' from religion? And if you don't mind to tell me why you had a falling out with religion as you put it? Did you question the existence of God, Jesus or the church? Sorry for all the questions haha, i'm not drawing to a conclusion but just trying to fit you into a category. By statistics people can tend to perceive what relates to them in any way influenced in their life. You say you believe in aliens...... is this because of your experience or you already felt this way. And haha sorry, if you do believe, what do you think their intentions are malevolent, benevolent or there is both existing at the same time. Thankyou very much!

Trent Reznor

AcidRain

United States
04/23/2011 07:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thankyou! You're story is particular interest to me because you mention a 'typical grey' and flashing lights outside your window. How long ago was that? Have you experienced anything like that again? Why do you describe it as a nightmare, do you feel that you were not lucid and aware? Did this happen during your 'off time' from religion? And if you don't mind to tell me why you had a falling out with religion as you put it? Did you question the existence of God, Jesus or the church? Sorry for all the questions haha, i'm not drawing to a conclusion but just trying to fit you into a category. By statistics people can tend to perceive what relates to them in any way influenced in their life. You say you believe in aliens...... is this because of your experience or you already felt this way. And haha sorry, if you do believe, what do you think their intentions are malevolent, benevolent or there is both existing at the same time. Thankyou very much!

It was about 3 years ago. I've experienced nightmares about extraterrestrials many times throughout my life, but never lucid sleep paralysis ones. I describe it as a nightmare because while I was lucid, I believe that these hallucinations/dreams are the products of my imagination and not something that actually happened.

I was a Christian at the time, but you could say I was "lukewarm" I believed but didn't regularly attend church or anything like that. My falling out with religion was, I believe, just a teenager questioning his existence and the existence of God/Jesus, maybe a form of rebellion against what I had been taught by everyone since I was a child.

I've always believed in the existence of extraterrestrials just by judging the evidence. I've never had any personal experiences or anything like that, just a belief. I believe that aliens are, for the most part benevolent, being more evolved than us, but at the same time, I'm sure they're capable of evil, just like we are.
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

It was about 3 years ago. I've experienced nightmares about extraterrestrials many times throughout my life, but never lucid sleep paralysis ones. I describe it as a nightmare because while I was lucid, I believe that these hallucinations/dreams are the products of my imagination and not something that actually happened.

I was a Christian at the time, but you could say I was "lukewarm" I believed but didn't regularly attend church or anything like that. My falling out with religion was, I believe, just a teenager questioning his existence and the existence of God/Jesus, maybe a form of rebellion against what I had been taught by everyone since I was a child.

I've always believed in the existence of extraterrestrials just by judging the evidence. I've never had any personal experiences or anything like that, just a belief. I believe that aliens are, for the most part benevolent, being more evolved than us, but at the same time, I'm sure they're capable of evil, just like we are.

In your Sleep Paralysis episodes, do you fight the paralysis, wake up then go on to sleep to have the nightmares? Or do you realise you are in SP, let it be and fall back asleep during the SP? And one last question i promise.... what kind of electrical appliances do keep near you when you sleep?

Last Edited by Jet Wylie on 04/23/2011 07:46 PM

Trent Reznor

AcidRain

United States
04/23/2011 07:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

In your Sleep Paralysis episodes, do you fight the paralysis, wake up then go on to sleep to have the nightmares? Or do you realise you are in SP, let it be and fall back asleep during the SP?

I fight the sleep paralysis even though most of the time I realize what's going on, wake up and then after calming down, go back to sleep.
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 07:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

In your Sleep Paralysis episodes, do you fight the paralysis, wake up then go on to sleep to have the nightmares? Or do you realise you are in SP, let it be and fall back asleep during the SP?

I fight the sleep paralysis even though most of the time I realize what's going on, wake up and then after calming down, go back to sleep.

Acidrain, thankyou very much for your time to read my thread and comment!

Trent Reznor

AcidRain

United States
04/23/2011 07:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

Acidrain, thankyou very much for your time to read my thread and comment!

Sure thing!

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1354390
United States
04/23/2011 08:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've only had what I remember as SP once. During the day, i took a nap, and was laying on my side. I woke up, couldn't move, and felt someone there, but just outside of my vision. I could see a picture/frame in the room and saw a reflection in it of what looked like an orange/tan Streiber alien. (Grey). That triggered some crazy PTSD reaction, and I was able to move/wake fully.

Around the same time period, I also had a lot of dreams about fighting invisible entities, even getting flung around in the air and bitten. (In dream).

Again, in the same apartment, (about 5 years ago). Saw a shadow figure very clearly sprint from a glass sliding door into my kitchen. It was not a 'corner of the eye' thing, rather totally defined like a somewhat opaque, dark black/gray colored 'thing'.

I have had a lot of what I would describe as 'alien' incidents. Not that they are aliens, necessarily. But its the stereotypical eyes etc that I always remember. Not that they've ever been outright threatening. But that super thick fear that I feel has to be for some reason I imagine, and I have to question the intentions of anything creeping out in the dark.
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 08:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've only had what I remember as SP once. During the day, i took a nap, and was laying on my side. I woke up, couldn't move, and felt someone there, but just outside of my vision. I could see a picture/frame in the room and saw a reflection in it of what looked like an orange/tan Streiber alien. (Grey). That triggered some crazy PTSD reaction, and I was able to move/wake fully.

Around the same time period, I also had a lot of dreams about fighting invisible entities, even getting flung around in the air and bitten. (In dream).

Again, in the same apartment, (about 5 years ago). Saw a shadow figure very clearly sprint from a glass sliding door into my kitchen. It was not a 'corner of the eye' thing, rather totally defined like a somewhat opaque, dark black/gray colored 'thing'.

I have had a lot of what I would describe as 'alien' incidents. Not that they are aliens, necessarily. But its the stereotypical eyes etc that I always remember. Not that they've ever been outright threatening. But that super thick fear that I feel has to be for some reason I imagine, and I have to question the intentions of anything creeping out in the dark.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1354390

Hi. Have you experienced this since you moved from that apartment? Also have you ever experienced poltergeist activity ie. objects moving on their own, strange noises? When you say you saw that dark figure or other times have you noticed in way a disturbance in any kind of electrical equipment or appliances that were present? Thankyou.

Trent Reznor

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1354390
United States
04/23/2011 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi. Have you experienced this since you moved from that apartment? Also have you ever experienced poltergeist activity ie. objects moving on their own, strange noises? When you say you saw that dark figure or other times have you noticed in way a disturbance in any kind of electrical equipment or appliances that were present? Thankyou.

We have had a lot of incidents where things will disappear, only to be found later. Electronic doorbells ringing continuously in the middle of the night, (We were going to cut the power cord, and as soon as we said it, it stopped ringing.) Stove/oven plugs that secure into the wall somehow coming undone, doors closing, knocking sounds, what sounds like someone/thing walking on the roof, TV's turning off on their own, etc.

Activity wasn't localized to that one apartment, but seems to have slowed somewhat since about 2007/8. But since then I've also started to become aware of energies and whatnot and have been trying to protect our home etc from malice.

Granted I don't know if activity was ever triggered due to us, (our family), circumstances, actual real interfering entities, or some kind of psychosis. But it's been working for us, so I'm going to keep doing it.

I also find it interesting that the dark figures, seem to move through glass/doors, disappear and reappear, but they mostly WALK on the ground and seem to walk around furniture etc. Why is that exactly? Whats the difference between a window and a couch to something like that?
Jet Wylie  (OP)

France
04/23/2011 08:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

We have had a lot of incidents where things will disappear, only to be found later. Electronic doorbells ringing continuously in the middle of the night, (We were going to cut the power cord, and as soon as we said it, it stopped ringing.) Stove/oven plugs that secure into the wall somehow coming undone, doors closing, knocking sounds, what sounds like someone/thing walking on the roof, TV's turning off on their own, etc.

Activity wasn't localized to that one apartment, but seems to have slowed somewhat since about 2007/8. But since then I've also started to become aware of energies and whatnot and have been trying to protect our home etc from malice.

Granted I don't know if activity was ever triggered due to us, (our family), circumstances, actual real interfering entities, or some kind of psychosis. But it's been working for us, so I'm going to keep doing it.

I also find it interesting that the dark figures, seem to move through glass/doors, disappear and reappear, but they mostly WALK on the ground and seem to walk around furniture etc. Why is that exactly? Whats the difference between a window and a couch to something like that?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1354390

In my opinion, the aliens that you have experienced are a manifestation of your mind to justify your fear influenced by modern society. Some cases seem to be genuinely ET based, but i think yours is different. I suggest you purchase an EMF monitor (electromagnetic frequencies) and start a journal to record your own experiences, find a pattern and you will find the cause. And to answer your question..... The reason why they appear to be on the ground is because if you see it, it is susceptible to our laws of physics that would otherwise apply in a 4th dimension. A window or door in a 3D environment is not by any means susceptible to the same laws in their natural environment. However the ground is. Hope that helps. Thanks.

Trent Reznor

GLP