Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,121 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 135,006
Pageviews Today: 228,566Threads Today: 80Posts Today: 1,120
02:19 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I NOTICED SEVERAL (5) LOW FLYING MILITARY PLANES FLYING TODAY SO LOW OVER KNOXVILLE CARS SLOWED DOWN

TN TN TN TN
User ID: 1249965
United States
04/14/2011 11:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
I NOTICED SEVERAL (5) LOW FLYING MILITARY PLANES FLYING TODAY SO LOW OVER KNOXVILLE CARS SLOWED DOWN
SO FIRST ONE I SAW ON THE WAY HOME from getting my kids. It was flying so low that cars on the highway slowed down. One pulled over. It literally looked like it was making a landing. I saw several more while sitting outside in my rear yard, I have a link to what they looked like.

I enjoy watching the clouds and stars so I have my binoculars in the shed. I did not have to get them out to see the green shade of the plane and US on it. Also when I did get them out to get a closer view, there was no question these were military.

Why does this matter? no bases around where I live, not a usual sight and trust me I am outside a LOT.

Is this a new commitment the US is going to or more stuff going to the middle east

Oh and the kicker is one of these planes was getting fueled in mid air by a smaller military plane maybe indicating a long trip. No doubt to me military colors
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1309404
United States
04/14/2011 11:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: I NOTICED SEVERAL (5) LOW FLYING MILITARY PLANES FLYING TODAY SO LOW OVER KNOXVILLE CARS SLOWED DOWN
oh shit, you know what that this means right?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/14/2011 11:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: I NOTICED SEVERAL (5) LOW FLYING MILITARY PLANES FLYING TODAY SO LOW OVER KNOXVILLE CARS SLOWED DOWN
link

crap it was b 52 super something plane
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1002992
Canada
04/14/2011 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
link

crap it was b 52 super something plane
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1249965

strato fortress and carries a shit load of cruise missiles.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/14/2011 11:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
link
[link to www.minot.af.mil]

B52 stratofortress
and one being fueled I saw as well
5 total very low flying like a 2 person cesna flies low
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/14/2011 11:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
well for whatever it's worth that's what i saw today
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1328412
United States
04/14/2011 11:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Could be national guard practicing. I'm close to an Army base and we will occasionally see things that the Army does have. And, it's usually Air National Guard out doing something. They could be bringing in something to Oak Ridge, too, that would have to be tightly controlled.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/14/2011 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
The use of aerial refueling gives the B-52 a range limited only by crew endurance. It has an unrefueled combat range in excess of 8,800 miles (14,080 kilometers

This was in that article with the pic about fueling this plane explains that they can go over 8k miles without fueling so where were they going exactly I mean the Us is what 3,000 miles long?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/14/2011 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Could be national guard practicing. I'm close to an Army base and we will occasionally see things that the Army does have. And, it's usually Air National Guard out doing something. They could be bringing in something to Oak Ridge, too, that would have to be tightly controlled.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1328412

no that was not going to oak ridge, I am 5 min away and can see it over the pelissippi highway. It is slightly unusual and I know GLP likes to get fresh news.
Also the fact they were fueling it means that they were going long range.

I did see a B-52 2 days ago same exact location being fueled (over my house)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1002992
Canada
04/14/2011 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here OP from drudge

NATO short of planes...

[link to www.bbc.co.uk]

Libya: Nato appeals for more planes

Libyan TV aired video it said showed Col Gaddafi in a motorcade in Tripoli
Continue reading the main story
Libya Crisis

Nato Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has told a foreign ministers' summit the alliance needs "a few more" aircraft for its mission in Libya.

Mr Rasmussen said he had received no offers from any ally at the meeting in Berlin to supply the extra warplanes, but he remained hopeful.

Nato would continue "day by day, strike by strike" to target Col Muammar Gaddafi's forces, he told media.

Britain and France have been trying to persuade other Nato members to do more.
Ohwow!

User ID: 1015888
United States
04/14/2011 11:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
A low flying plane/jet went over very low where I live on the Texas Gulf Coast at 1:55pm - Ran out to see it, couldn't spot it, too many trees. Yard man said it was a military jet and silver. Very loud. No planes go over this area except a few helicopters, small planes and crop dusters.

Last Edited by Ohwow! on 04/14/2011 11:47 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1342588
Thailand
04/14/2011 11:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
To the OP:

If you can see this happening over the Pelissippi Highway, then you're virtually next door to the home of the 134th Air Refueling Wing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1304275
United States
04/14/2011 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
ya man, i saw a plane fly 3 circles around my city then i lost sight of it, is that normal? and o ya, the plane flew low, and looked like a flying whale
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/14/2011 11:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
To the OP:

If you can see this happening over the Pelissippi Highway, then you're virtually next door to the home of the 134th Air Refueling Wing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1342588

oh ok I see yep i have witnessed 3 refuelings over my house in the last week. It's cool, I even got my kids out to check it out today.

Anyway the news story covers all my questions

Thanks to GLP I knew i would find answers as to why there was so much action it's the NATO thing.

Thanks guys.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1342591
United States
04/14/2011 11:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
bsflag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1191521
United States
04/14/2011 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1328412

No.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1296545
United States
04/14/2011 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
link
[link to www.minot.af.mil]

B52 stratofortress
and one being fueled I saw as well
5 total very low flying like a 2 person cesna flies low
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1249965

there getting raedy to head to Israel. Obama is ready to strike. May 15 is getting close.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1124160
United States
04/14/2011 11:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
thats very interesting OP because today in SC, I saw what appeared to be a jumbo jet, along with 4 other smaller planes. 2 on each side. they were so high up there it was hard to make out what the smaller planes were. couldve been jets. They were heading west. tried to take a video with my phone but couldnt see shit
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1114853
United States
04/15/2011 12:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Great. Knoxville. The "volunteer state".
Monied interest: Who wants to fuck with the constitution?
Tennesee: ooh! Ooh! We do!
Monied interest: who wants to fuck with the education system?
Tennesee: ooh! ooh! We do! we do!

There are slave leaders and there are leaderslaves. Tennessee volunteered to lead all citizens to slavery via the fourteenth amendment..
Thanks a lot Tennesee...you're a true slave's slave.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1342587
India
04/15/2011 12:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
I heard from a reliable source that the planes are flying low to avoid the radiation plume from Japan.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1143800
United States
04/15/2011 01:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am also originally from that area - I could even hear the late night traffic on Pellisippi Parkway at night.

Are you sure you're from that area? It's PARKWAY, not highway. It hasn't ever been called highway by anybody, even the hilljacks who went to William Blount, or the carpetbagger yankee assholes from the Northeast who send their kids to Maryville.

Yes, there is a base in that area - McGhee Tyson Airbase. I know there used to be an air refueling wing stationed there, and they always had a few fighters on the tarmac at any given point. As far as I know, while the airbase does run C-130's, it does not have a runway that would accomodate a B-52. Maybe they fly sorties over to refuel passers-by, but the B-52's shouldn't be landing if what I've been told is correct.

Is there an air show at TYS anytime soon? That is typically when you will get the low-flyers. Back in the 1980's it was really bad with planes flying extra, extra low. In the surrounding resedential areas, windows and sliding glass doors were breaking. There were other stories going around..whoever the CO was over there ran a pretty loose ship...

I mean, seriously...you haven't been in town long if you are this concerned over low-flying planes in this part of East TN.

GLP