F.O.G.

Isis7

User ID: 9074519
United States
02/22/2012 03:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: F.O.G.
Pressures building along the entire eastern pacific rim..... chance of major quake next 12 hours anywhere from Alaska down to Chile... if i can narrow it down any further today i will post it...

Continuing New Madrid watch.... on going..
 Quoting: Gabriel

the above forecast is still in place for tonight

I know this very close...
2/21/2012
Kanaga volcano, located about 50 km (32 miles) east of Adak, has been reportedly erupting over the weekend. Recent satellite images showed a weak volcanic ash plume spotted via satellite and local seismic stations recorded. Alaska Volcano Observatory (AVO) raised the alert status to Yellow/Advisory due the possibility of larger explosive eruptions. It has been almost 17 years since The last confirmed eruption from Kanaga was in 1994, a VEI 2 event that produced mostly explosive material and lava flows. This new unrest indicates a possibility for sudden explosions of ash to occur at any time, and ash clouds exceeding 6 km (20,000 feet) above sea level may develop. If a large, explosive, ash-producing event occurs, the local seismic network, satellite ash alarms, infrasound, and volcanic lightning will alert AVO to the new activity.

[link to thewatchers.adorraeli.com]

2/15/2012
The lava dome covering Mount Cleveland volcano in Alaska has grown by 25% since last week. According to the Alaska Volcano Observatory (AVO), the dome was reported to be 40 meters across on Monday Feb. 6., and has now increased to 50 meters in size. The current lava dome is much smaller than the dome was before the last eruption of Mt. Cleveland. The volcano is still at an “orange watch” level (the volcano is exhibiting heightened or escalating unrest with increased potential of eruption) and the timeframe is uncertain, according to the AVO.

That area must be a under severe stress. Seems there are so many volcano's getting active lately...

Last Edited by Isis7 on 02/22/2012 03:40 PM
2curious

User ID: 11240663
Chile
02/22/2012 05:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Gabe,

Just had a nice one. Could be a 4. Waiting for them to post it...

EDIT: It was only a 3.6

2012/02/22 19:38:40 -34.765 -71.809 47.3 3.6 Ml GUC Si No 42 km al O de Santa Cruz

[link to ssn.dgf.uchile.cl]

Felt like a 4 though since the epicenter was right under me!! LOL!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last Edited by 2Curious on 02/22/2012 06:16 PM
Gabriel  (OP)

User ID: 4384768
United States
02/22/2012 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Gabe,

Just had a nice one. Could be a 4. Waiting for them to post it...

EDIT: It was only a 3.6

2012/02/22 19:38:40 -34.765 -71.809 47.3 3.6 Ml GUC Si No 42 km al O de Santa Cruz

[link to ssn.dgf.uchile.cl]

Felt like a 4 though since the epicenter was right under me!! LOL!!

Hope everyone is doing well!
 Quoting: 2curious

thanks for reporting in Curious..... energy flow should now be full bore toward Japan..
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/22/2012 07:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pressures building along the entire eastern pacific rim..... chance of major quake next 12 hours anywhere from Alaska down to Chile... if i can narrow it down any further today i will post it...

Continuing New Madrid watch.... on going..

the above forecast is still in place for tonight

I know this very close...
2/21/2012
Kanaga volcano, located about 50 km (32 miles) east of Adak, has been reportedly erupting over the weekend. Recent satellite images showed a weak volcanic ash plume spotted via satellite and local seismic stations recorded. Alaska Volcano Observatory (AVO) raised the alert status to Yellow/Advisory due the possibility of larger explosive eruptions. It has been almost 17 years since The last confirmed eruption from Kanaga was in 1994, a VEI 2 event that produced mostly explosive material and lava flows. This new unrest indicates a possibility for sudden explosions of ash to occur at any time, and ash clouds exceeding 6 km (20,000 feet) above sea level may develop. If a large, explosive, ash-producing event occurs, the local seismic network, satellite ash alarms, infrasound, and volcanic lightning will alert AVO to the new activity.

2/15/2012
The lava dome covering Mount Cleveland volcano in Alaska has grown by 25% since last week. According to the Alaska Volcano Observatory (AVO), the dome was reported to be 40 meters across on Monday Feb. 6., and has now increased to 50 meters in size. The current lava dome is much smaller than the dome was before the last eruption of Mt. Cleveland. The volcano is still at an “orange watch” level (the volcano is exhibiting heightened or escalating unrest with increased potential of eruption) and the timeframe is uncertain, according to the AVO.

That area must be a under severe stress. Seems there are so many volcano's getting active lately...
 Quoting: Isis7

thanks for the info isis..... and yes, part of what is suppose to happen... all Volcanoes around the rim go off at the same time..
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/22/2012 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Gabe! Good to see you back! Prayers going out to your family right now. Went through it myself with my mom. Drove by the "goats on the roof" and thought of you! We should have a GLP North Georgia chapter! LOL....it feels like things are about to get quite hairy soon. I just get feelings that come in waves.
 Quoting: kimmi690 1006794

I missed this post..... hiya kimmi, so good to hear from you... and the roof would be a good place for those goats lol
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/22/2012 07:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Gabe, glad you are back!

I posted on the thread about the 4.0 in MO. about what I see with the seismographs.
Looks like fracking under pressure from the solar incoming had some trouble in the pipes and there were some explosions. Also have to factor in what is happening anti-pode to all of this.

Here's the link to the New Madrid seismo's so you can see.

[link to folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu]

hf

peace
 Quoting: Ozark

Missed this post also.. so sorry

Good to hear from you Ozark....... so do you still think the 4.0 was from fracking... man made??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2898233
New Zealand
02/22/2012 07:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Scientists mystified why the rate of rotation on Venus is slowing

[link to theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com]

February 22, 2012 – SPACE - Planet lovers take note: Venus is spinning even slower than astronomers thought, according to new data from a European space probe. In the early 1990s scientists with NASA’s Magellan mission calculated that a single rotation of Venus takes 243.015 Earth days, based on the speed of surface features passing beneath the orbiting spacecraft. But scientists now mapping Venus’s surface with the European Space Agency’s Venus Express orbiter were surprised to find the same features up to 12.4 miles (20 kilometers) from where they were expected to be, based on the previous measurements. According to the new data, Venus is rotating 6.5 minutes slower than it was 16 years ago, a result that’s been found to correlate with long-term radar observations taken from Earth. “When the two maps did not align, I first thought there was a mistake in my calculations, as Magellan measured the value [of Venus's spin] very accurately,” Nils Müller, a planetary scientist at the DLR German Aerospace Centre, said in a statement. “But we have checked every possible error we could think of.” Planet Slowed by Dense Atmosphere? One possible cause for the slowed spin is friction caused by Venus’ thick atmosphere and high-speed winds. The motion of the atmosphere on Earth, for example, has been observed to affect the planet’s rotation rate, albeit to a much smaller degree. Thanks to a heavy blanket of carbon dioxide-laden air, the surface pressure on Venus is 90 times what we experience on Earth at sea level, and opaque clouds of caustic sulphuric acid constantly whip around the planet at hurricane speeds. Still, “it is difficult to find a mechanism that will cause the average rotation rate to change this much in only 16 years,” Venus Express project scientist Håkan Svedhem told National Geographic News. “The origin of this could lay in the solar cycle or in long-term weather patterns that modify the atmospheric dynamics. But this puzzle is not yet solved.” Some reports cite an exchange of angular momentum between Venus and Earth as a possible cause for the variation. A moon, for example, can cause a planet to rotate slower than expected, because both objects share angular momentum. –National Geographic
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/22/2012 08:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Scientists mystified why the rate of rotation on Venus is slowing

[link to theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com]

February 22, 2012 – SPACE - Planet lovers take note: Venus is spinning even slower than astronomers thought, according to new data from a European space probe. In the early 1990s scientists with NASA’s Magellan mission calculated that a single rotation of Venus takes 243.015 Earth days, based on the speed of surface features passing beneath the orbiting spacecraft. But scientists now mapping Venus’s surface with the European Space Agency’s Venus Express orbiter were surprised to find the same features up to 12.4 miles (20 kilometers) from where they were expected to be, based on the previous measurements. According to the new data, Venus is rotating 6.5 minutes slower than it was 16 years ago, a result that’s been found to correlate with long-term radar observations taken from Earth. “When the two maps did not align, I first thought there was a mistake in my calculations, as Magellan measured the value [of Venus's spin] very accurately,” Nils Müller, a planetary scientist at the DLR German Aerospace Centre, said in a statement. “But we have checked every possible error we could think of.” Planet Slowed by Dense Atmosphere? One possible cause for the slowed spin is friction caused by Venus’ thick atmosphere and high-speed winds. The motion of the atmosphere on Earth, for example, has been observed to affect the planet’s rotation rate, albeit to a much smaller degree. Thanks to a heavy blanket of carbon dioxide-laden air, the surface pressure on Venus is 90 times what we experience on Earth at sea level, and opaque clouds of caustic sulphuric acid constantly whip around the planet at hurricane speeds. Still, “it is difficult to find a mechanism that will cause the average rotation rate to change this much in only 16 years,” Venus Express project scientist Håkan Svedhem told National Geographic News. “The origin of this could lay in the solar cycle or in long-term weather patterns that modify the atmospheric dynamics. But this puzzle is not yet solved.” Some reports cite an exchange of angular momentum between Venus and Earth as a possible cause for the variation. A moon, for example, can cause a planet to rotate slower than expected, because both objects share angular momentum. –National Geographic
 Quoting: Tauranga

Hi doll.... i read that about a week ago..... they don't have a clue.. these people are grasping for straws trying to explain the unexplainable..... we have no clue what to expect now that the cloud is here...

PS: really worried about Japan tonight
dettro99

User ID: 3506095
United States
02/22/2012 08:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey hi gab..

Hope everything is well with you and yours.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/22/2012 08:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey hi gab..

Quoting: dettro99

It is what it is Dettro.... but thanks for the well wishes...

by the way, thanks for all the info you post, here and on Q's thread... i read them all....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2898233
New Zealand
02/22/2012 08:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
we had a strange occurence late this morning, approx 4 hours ago (sorry i didn't note the time)

But it went really unusually dark for a while, inside the house. almost as dark as night time, much darker than when a dark cloud passes over..

(The cloud and mist has been thick all day)

I went outside to look, but there weren't any unusal, dark clouds or anything

I went outside to look and there weren't any clouds that were darker than the others or anything else obvious that i saw to explain the darkness

It went away after approx 10-20 minutes

It was weird...
dettro99

User ID: 3506095
United States
02/22/2012 08:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey hi gab..

by the way, thanks for all the info you post, here and on Q's thread... i read them all....

What can we do uh Gab, I've had my share of losing loved ones ,I stop questioning "why" long time ago. I just accepted the fact that they are gone.

Also thanks Gab , I've learn more from you and q and some other poster here at GLP.
old guard

User ID: 1405158
United States
02/22/2012 09:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey hi gab..

What can we do uh Gab, I've had my share of losing loved ones ,I stop questioning "why" long time ago. I just accepted the fact that they are gone.

Also thanks Gab , I've learn more from you and q and some other poster here at GLP.

We've all learned alot- AND WILL CONTINUE to learn alot from you, Gabe.
MamaHasAwakened

User ID: 5426767
United States
02/22/2012 09:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thursday February 23 2012, 01:34:00 UTC 29 minutes ago 70 km north-east of Tauranga 5.1 210.0 NZ GeoNet

Tauranga, check in with us on that!
2curious

User ID: 11294532
Chile
02/22/2012 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good Evening all!

Soooo nice to see everyone here - and to have Gabe back (even if just for a bit!).

T - please check in when you can!

Sending best wishes to everyone!!!
Isis7

User ID: 9074519
United States
02/22/2012 09:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Gabe, check your mailbox please.

hf

Tauranga sweetie, please let us know your okay.

xmit
old guard

United States
02/22/2012 09:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
She is probably asleep. I think it's 6 hrs ahead of PST.
MamaHasAwakened

United States
02/22/2012 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: old guard

Hey OG,
It is 4:20 in the afternoon there on Thursday. She is 20 hours ahead of you.(if I did the math corrent!

Isn't that crazy?
old guard

United States
02/22/2012 10:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
No, now I'm confused.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11295125
New Zealand
02/22/2012 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
hi everyone ,i am fine

the quake was offshore so barely felt

i was away from the computer, isn't it always the way...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11295125
New Zealand
02/22/2012 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hey OG,
It is 4:20 in the afternoon there on Thursday. She is 20 hours ahead of you.(if I did the math corrent!

Isn't that crazy?
 Quoting: MamaHasAwakened

its 4.36pm now, so we must be 18 hours ahead of GLP time..
MamaHasAwakened

United States
02/22/2012 11:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hey OG,

Isn't that crazy?

Yes... and you are in Thursday afternoon as we are in Wednesday night here in the states, correct?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11296289
New Zealand
02/23/2012 12:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hey OG,

Isn't that crazy?

Yes... and you are in Thursday afternoon as we are in Wednesday night here in the states, correct?

yes mama, thats right
EW
User ID: 11296853
Australia
02/23/2012 07:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thought i would pop my head in and say hi.. sorry ive been mia.. sorry ive popped in and then run out again too.. things are pretty hectic here.. and i find it hard to sit and look at glp for more than ten mins lol.. but thoughts are always with you guys..

Firstly Gabe, hope you are doing ok..

Secondly, Tauranga, hope you are ok too, read about the quake there and my thoughts went to you..

I just hopped on to share this link coz it seems western australia is having a bit of a swarm.. unusual stuff going on thought you guys might find it interesting..

[link to www.ga.gov.au]
El Quisqueyano

User ID: 11293429
United States
02/23/2012 08:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning Batman, sending you well wishes.

Namaste.
Gabriel  (OP)

User ID: 926204
United States
02/23/2012 12:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Finally a medium release in Japan..... if done there, it should be heading back to South America.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/23/2012 12:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning Batman, sending you well wishes.

Namaste.
 Quoting: El Quisqueyano

Hey Robin... thanks... and be well to you and your family.
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/23/2012 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Finally a medium release in Japan..... if done there, it should be heading back to South America.

Revise....... error in inputing .... energy flow heading directly toward North American Pacific Coast ....... Alaska to Cali
Rain-Man

User ID: 9816357
Bosnia and Herzegovina
02/23/2012 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hio0 Gabe ..

We have quiet seizmic activity last days, now coming some stronger activity in next hours to rest of the day ..
Gabriel  (OP)

United States
02/23/2012 12:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hio0 Gabe ..

We have quiet seizmic activity last days, now coming some stronger activity in next hours to rest of the day ..
 Quoting: Rain-Man

hi rain-man, yes 6+ coming soon

GLP