F.O.G.

Nika

User ID: 25231945
United States
11/13/2012 10:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: F.O.G.
You know what is really worrying? There have been 0 quakes in the Japan region today and only one 5.0 yesterday. This might be leading up to a big problem.
 Quoting: Earth Cries

Didn't Gabe say the goats said it would all start with Japan?
:infnty:

:ihavgsbmp:
shadasonic

User ID: 15732022
United States
11/13/2012 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
You know what is really worrying? There have been 0 quakes in the Japan region today and only one 5.0 yesterday. This might be leading up to a big problem.

My thoughts exactly
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
whiteangel
also known at WA

User ID: 1775746
United States
11/13/2012 10:40 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Nika

Yes and he put out a possible something for LA/San Fran the other day also for the next week or two
Isaiah 5:20 KJV
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Thread: Being Prepared - Updated Basic Food List On Page One
Mahala

User ID: 27670073
United States
Report Abusive Post
late night goat call......

please do not panic... there is some "concern" for near term major release Los Angeles/San Francisco. By no means do i wish to scare anyone from that area and in fact have been debating with myself whether to post.

Does not mean it will happen.. goats have some evidence they will not share... detecting.. something.

Just be aware and ready.. just in case.. doesn't hurt.
near term i take to mean this coming week.

Out for the night
 Quoting: Gabriel

Vincent Price - “A man who limits his interests, limits his life.”
Earth Cries

User ID: 27050168
United States

Report Abusive Post

Yes, I believe he did.
Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

“Things fall apart; the center cannot hold.” Yeats
whiteangel
also known at WA

United States
11/13/2012 10:43 PM

Report Abusive Post

Yes, I believe he did.

I think that warning was way before I started reading this thread and sorry, I have never read the earlier ones. I guess I should...blush
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27375240
Canada
11/13/2012 10:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
HERE COMES ANOTHER ONE IN HAIDA GWAI....WAIT FOR IT

[link to www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca]
Earth Cries

United States
11/13/2012 10:47 PM

Report Abusive Post
And another worrying area is Southern California. It's too dang quiet there, too.
Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Tropicalgirl

User ID: 1235443
United States
11/13/2012 10:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good evening all, energy does feel 'off' tonight. There was something a bit odd here today and this evening.

We got trailed today and it was heavy, this is very unusual, I've rarely seen it here and figured it was due to the steady ocean breeze blowing all the trails apart?? That's just my theory though, no science behind it :-).

Then tonight when I took the dog for our evening walk, the sky looked odd. I could see the night sky and wispy clouds but not ONE star, not even Venus which is so bright lately.

We walk every night and I check the sky for oddities.... I can't figure it out but it was disturbing for sure!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26618097
United States
11/13/2012 10:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Be at Canada for now it mutch cleerer air be at Canada with force this Americas with traps it for too late now! Canadian F
Nika

United States
11/13/2012 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Be at Canada for now it mutch cleerer air be at Canada with force this Americas with traps it for too late now! Canadian F
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26618097

?que?

whiteangel
also known at WA

United States
11/13/2012 11:06 PM

Report Abusive Post
Talking about crystals I found this on another site that I have just recently been pointed to. I'm hoping he doesn't mind me sharing but all credit for finding this to MUD.

Seismologists discover that the inner core is a crystal ball that rotates

Researchers are now probing what may turn out to be the most curious small body the solar system has yet presented for scrutiny: a globe the size of the moon that appears to be a well ordered crystalline entity. This body is poised little more than 5,000 kilometers away, yet it is completely invisible. Located at the center of the earth, it is known simply as the inner core. Two seismologists have just shown that this strange crystal sphere is turning slowly within the rocky and liquid metal enclosure that keeps it all but hidden from scientific investigation.

Geophysicists realised decades ago that a solid inner core exists, but they knew precious little else about it. They believed the inner core and the liquid shell surrounding it were made largely of iron, yet other features of the heart of the planet remained enigmatic.

But during the 1980s, seismologists examining earthquake waves that pierce the inner core made a startling find. Rather than being "isotropic" (the same in all directions) in its physical properties, the inner core proved to be somewhat like a piece of wood, with a definite grain running through it. Waves traveling along the planet's north-south axis go 3 to 4 percent faster through the inner core than those that follow paths close to the equatorial plane.

Geophysicists have struggled to explain why this grain (or "seismic anisotropy") should exist. The leading theory is that at the immense pressures of the inner core, iron takes on a hexagonal crystal form that has inherently directional physical properties. Some force apparently keeps the hexagonal iron crystals all in close alignment.

Lars Stixrude of the Georgia Institute of Technology and Ronald E. Cohen of the Carnegie Institution of Washington note that whatever texturing mechanism operates to form the anisotropic grain of the inner core, it must be almost 100 percent efficient. Otherwise the seismic anisotropy would not be as large as measured. "The very strong texturing indicated by our results suggests the possibility that the inner core is a very large single crystal," they boldly stated in an article published last year in Science.

The seemingly absurd notion - that a body the size of the moon could be just one big crystal - is less ridiculous than it sounds. The central core may have grown gradually to its present size as liquid iron at the bottom of the outer core solidified and attached itself to the inner core. That process would occur exceedingly slowly, with few outside disturbances - just like the conditions that favor the growth of large crystals in a lab. Slow solidification of iron might have allowed the inner core to grow quietly for billions of years, becoming in the end a gargantuan single crystal, more than 2,400 kilometers across.

But slow crystal growth does not explain the alignment of the inner core's axis of anisotropy with the earth's rotation axis. The process also fails to account for the seismological evidence that the anisotropic grain is not uniform. Xiaodong Song, a seismologist at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, says that the anisotropy at the top of the inner core "is likely to be very weak - less than 1 percent." So it would seem that some other physical mechanism must keep the deeper hexagonal iron crystals in line.

Although several explanations have been proposed, the most reasonable theory calls on internal stress (generated by the earth's rotation), which is strongest along the north-south axis. Thus, the hexagonal iron that constitutes the inner core could crystalise (or recrystalise) in parallel with the spin axis - as do the mica flakes that form in rocks squeezed by tectonic forces. Internal stress could thus keep the inner core's grain well aligned with the spin axis - perhaps too well aligned. It turns out that the grain of the inner core is not exactly parallel to the earth's rotation axis: in 1994 Wei-jia Su and Adam M. Dziewonski of Harvard University reported that the axis of anisotropy is in fact tilted by about 10 degrees.

At about the same time, Gary A. Glatzmaier of Los Alamos National Laboratory and Paul H. Roberts of the University of California at Los Angeles were working on a computer simulation of how the earth's magnetic field operates. Although the tumultuous churning of the outer core's liquid iron creates this magnetic field, Glatzmaier and Roberts found that the influence of the solid inner core was needed for proper stability. Their modeling also indicated that the inner core may be shifting slowly eastward with respect to the earth's surface, impelled by persistent fluid motions at the base of the outer core. Reading that result and realizing that the seismic grain of the inner core was not wholly aligned with the spin axis, Song and his colleague Paul G. Richards decided to look for seismic evidence that the canted grain of the inner core was indeed swiveling around relative to the rest of the earth. Their idea was to examine seismic recordings of waves that traveled through the inner core decades ago and to compare them with more recent signals. If the core rotates, the time it takes these waves to traverse the inner core should change systematically. The challenge was to find recordings of seismic waves that passed close to the north-south axis and to devise a way to compare them precisely enough to detect the slight differences that result from less than 30 years of change (the span of seismic records). But they solved both problems and found evidence of rotation quite quickly. "Everything happened in three weeks," Richards notes.

The team started by looking at seismic traces recorded in Antarctica caused by nuclear tests made at Novaya Zemlya in the Soviet Arctic. Traveling from one pole to another, these seismic waves penetrated the core. Examining data that had been collected over the course of a decade, Song and Richards observed what appeared to be a change of two tenths of a second in the travel time of the waves that passed through the inner core as compared with those that just skirted it. They then scrutinized a set of seismic recordings made in Alaska of earthquakes that occurred between the tip of South America and Antarctica and found similar results to confirm that the inner core was in fact moving. They presented their discovery in the July 18 issue of Nature.

Although the detection of inner core movement was itself a remarkable experimental achievement, the correspondence in direction and speed of this motion (eastward at a degree or two a year) with the predictions of Glatzmaier and Roberts was more remarkable still. But geophysicists are far from having figured out the workings of the inner core. No one yet understands for sure what causes its anisotropic grain. Nor can scientists explain why the anisotropy should be tilted. According to Glatzmaier, "It's anybody's guess at this point."

This was reported in the Scientific American in October 1996 and has had very little coverage since. The implications of this are huge when one considers the way crystals work.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1485458

crystals seem to be key to things.

Pulling this forward from way back on page #106 for use newer to this thread. Interesting read.
whiteangel
also known at WA

United States
11/13/2012 11:08 PM

Report Abusive Post
The Piezoelectric Effect

Certain crystals such as quartz are piezoelectric. That means that when they are compressed or struck, they generate an electric charge. It works the other way as well: If you run an electric current through a piezoelectric crystal, the crystal changes shape slightly.

HOW THEY DO IT.

Piezoelectricity is the property of quartz that we utilise in our receiver and transmitter crystals. So what is it? Put simply: it is an electric voltage produced by certain crystals and by a number of ceramic materials when they are subjected to pressure. What’s more, the piezoelectric effect works both ways: stress a piece of quartz and you get an electrical output from it that is proportional to the stress it undergoes. That is to say, when the quartz has an electric field applied to it, the crystal becomes deformed or strained by an amount proportional to the applied field; the sense of the strain depends on the direction of the field. Incorporate a crystal in an oscillator circuit (in our Tx and Rx) and it will make the circuit run very accurately at the required frequency.

Each slice of crystal has a natural resonant frequency it likes to oscillate at depending on the ‘cut’ of the crystal. The frequency of the crystal is controlled by the thickness of the quartz slice plus the added metal electrodes. Most crystals are made from one of three different cuts of quartz according the frequency required . AT-cut (1MHz to 300MHz), BT-cut (2MHz to 38MHz fundamental) and the X-cut (24kHz to 50kHZ

One of the more logical explanations of the cause of earthquake lights is the piezoelectric effect. Certain materials, including quartz, respond to changes in pressure by changes in electrical voltage across their surfaces. The idea is that, as quartz-bearing rocks are stressed, they might produce such high voltages that lightning-like discharges could occur in the air above.

Earthquake lights have been described as looking like auroral streamers diverging from a point on the horizon. Beams like those from a searchlight have been reported. Other reports describe sheets or circular glowing regions, either touching the ground or in detached clouds above ground.

The lights seem to show up best during the time of the main shock of an earthquake and also before and after. From a practical viewpoint, the lights before an earthquake seem most interesting since they shed light on the occurrence of the next large earthquake."

Talking about crystals I found this on another site that I have just recently been pointed to. I'm hoping he doesn't mind me sharing but all credit for finding this to MUD.

Seismologists discover that the inner core is a crystal ball that rotates

Researchers are now probing what may turn out to be the most curious small body the solar system has yet presented for scrutiny: a globe the size of the moon that appears to be a well ordered crystalline entity. This body is poised little more than 5,000 kilometers away, yet it is completely invisible. Located at the center of the earth, it is known simply as the inner core. Two seismologists have just shown that this strange crystal sphere is turning slowly within the rocky and liquid metal enclosure that keeps it all but hidden from scientific investigation.

Geophysicists realised decades ago that a solid inner core exists, but they knew precious little else about it. They believed the inner core and the liquid shell surrounding it were made largely of iron, yet other features of the heart of the planet remained enigmatic.

But during the 1980s, seismologists examining earthquake waves that pierce the inner core made a startling find. Rather than being "isotropic" (the same in all directions) in its physical properties, the inner core proved to be somewhat like a piece of wood, with a definite grain running through it. Waves traveling along the planet's north-south axis go 3 to 4 percent faster through the inner core than those that follow paths close to the equatorial plane.

Geophysicists have struggled to explain why this grain (or "seismic anisotropy") should exist. The leading theory is that at the immense pressures of the inner core, iron takes on a hexagonal crystal form that has inherently directional physical properties. Some force apparently keeps the hexagonal iron crystals all in close alignment.

Lars Stixrude of the Georgia Institute of Technology and Ronald E. Cohen of the Carnegie Institution of Washington note that whatever texturing mechanism operates to form the anisotropic grain of the inner core, it must be almost 100 percent efficient. Otherwise the seismic anisotropy would not be as large as measured. "The very strong texturing indicated by our results suggests the possibility that the inner core is a very large single crystal," they boldly stated in an article published last year in Science.

The seemingly absurd notion - that a body the size of the moon could be just one big crystal - is less ridiculous than it sounds. The central core may have grown gradually to its present size as liquid iron at the bottom of the outer core solidified and attached itself to the inner core. That process would occur exceedingly slowly, with few outside disturbances - just like the conditions that favor the growth of large crystals in a lab. Slow solidification of iron might have allowed the inner core to grow quietly for billions of years, becoming in the end a gargantuan single crystal, more than 2,400 kilometers across.

But slow crystal growth does not explain the alignment of the inner core's axis of anisotropy with the earth's rotation axis. The process also fails to account for the seismological evidence that the anisotropic grain is not uniform. Xiaodong Song, a seismologist at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, says that the anisotropy at the top of the inner core "is likely to be very weak - less than 1 percent." So it would seem that some other physical mechanism must keep the deeper hexagonal iron crystals in line.

Although several explanations have been proposed, the most reasonable theory calls on internal stress (generated by the earth's rotation), which is strongest along the north-south axis. Thus, the hexagonal iron that constitutes the inner core could crystalise (or recrystalise) in parallel with the spin axis - as do the mica flakes that form in rocks squeezed by tectonic forces. Internal stress could thus keep the inner core's grain well aligned with the spin axis - perhaps too well aligned. It turns out that the grain of the inner core is not exactly parallel to the earth's rotation axis: in 1994 Wei-jia Su and Adam M. Dziewonski of Harvard University reported that the axis of anisotropy is in fact tilted by about 10 degrees.

At about the same time, Gary A. Glatzmaier of Los Alamos National Laboratory and Paul H. Roberts of the University of California at Los Angeles were working on a computer simulation of how the earth's magnetic field operates. Although the tumultuous churning of the outer core's liquid iron creates this magnetic field, Glatzmaier and Roberts found that the influence of the solid inner core was needed for proper stability. Their modeling also indicated that the inner core may be shifting slowly eastward with respect to the earth's surface, impelled by persistent fluid motions at the base of the outer core. Reading that result and realizing that the seismic grain of the inner core was not wholly aligned with the spin axis, Song and his colleague Paul G. Richards decided to look for seismic evidence that the canted grain of the inner core was indeed swiveling around relative to the rest of the earth. Their idea was to examine seismic recordings of waves that traveled through the inner core decades ago and to compare them with more recent signals. If the core rotates, the time it takes these waves to traverse the inner core should change systematically. The challenge was to find recordings of seismic waves that passed close to the north-south axis and to devise a way to compare them precisely enough to detect the slight differences that result from less than 30 years of change (the span of seismic records). But they solved both problems and found evidence of rotation quite quickly. "Everything happened in three weeks," Richards notes.

The team started by looking at seismic traces recorded in Antarctica caused by nuclear tests made at Novaya Zemlya in the Soviet Arctic. Traveling from one pole to another, these seismic waves penetrated the core. Examining data that had been collected over the course of a decade, Song and Richards observed what appeared to be a change of two tenths of a second in the travel time of the waves that passed through the inner core as compared with those that just skirted it. They then scrutinized a set of seismic recordings made in Alaska of earthquakes that occurred between the tip of South America and Antarctica and found similar results to confirm that the inner core was in fact moving. They presented their discovery in the July 18 issue of Nature.

Although the detection of inner core movement was itself a remarkable experimental achievement, the correspondence in direction and speed of this motion (eastward at a degree or two a year) with the predictions of Glatzmaier and Roberts was more remarkable still. But geophysicists are far from having figured out the workings of the inner core. No one yet understands for sure what causes its anisotropic grain. Nor can scientists explain why the anisotropy should be tilted. According to Glatzmaier, "It's anybody's guess at this point."

This was reported in the Scientific American in October 1996 and has had very little coverage since. The implications of this are huge when one considers the way crystals work.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1485458

crystals seem to be key to things.

Pulling this forward from way back on page #106 for use newer to this thread. Interesting read.
 Quoting: whiteangel

whiteangel
also known at WA

United States
11/13/2012 11:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
Another M 1.1
Earth Cries

United States
11/13/2012 11:17 PM

Report Abusive Post
OMG look at the TEC. It's RED hot!

[link to iono.jpl.nasa.gov]

Nika

United States
11/13/2012 11:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

What does this mean?

Solar Guardian

User ID: 27709201
Malaysia
11/13/2012 11:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
What will happen in Dec 21 2012 onwards? Read here:

[link to kauilapele.wordpress.com]

The electromagnetic particles that will be flowing & interchanging between the planets during the 12.21.12 alignment will be highly magnified and highly supercharged when they reach Earth. They will penetrate the crust, through the Earth and down into its core. uhohuhohuhoh At the actual moment of alignment it will cause the Earth to pause, and this process will completely transform the core of our planet to a completely new kind of energy source. This will be the first time cosmic transformational event of this type ever… for a planet. Time will begin to go away, and Earth will continue her evolution & transformation process into becoming a higher dimensional world.”

My opinion: The Earth's crust will also be affected, starting the pole shift. gaspahhhahhh

Last Edited by Solar Guardian on 11/13/2012 11:20 PM
Nika

United States
11/13/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: Nitrate Plant explosion & boom Rattles ground In North West Alabama Just now See updates

Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
What will happen in Dec 21 onwards? Read here:

The electromagnetic particles that will be flowing & interchanging between the planets during the 12.21.12 alignment will be highly magnified and highly supercharged when they reach Earth. They will penetrate the crust, through the Earth and down into its core. uhohuhohuhoh At the actual moment of alignment it will cause the Earth to pause, and this process will completely transform the core of our planet to a completely new kind of energy source. This will be the first time cosmic transformational event of this type ever… for a planet. Time will begin to go away, and Earth will continue her evolution & transformation process into becoming a higher dimensional world.”

The Earth's crust will also be affected, starting the pole shift. gaspahhhahhh
 Quoting: Solar Guardian

ets solear strom inpact et 24 time.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
What will happen in Dec 21 onwards? Read here:

The Earth's crust will also be affected, starting the pole shift. gaspahhhahhh

ets solear strom inpact et 24 time.
whiteangel
also known at WA

United States
11/13/2012 11:24 PM

Report Abusive Post

What does this mean?

When over land, higher incidents of quakes and usually larger ones. Not always so more of a heads up
whiteangel
also known at WA

United States
11/13/2012 11:26 PM

Report Abusive Post

How many explosions before people start asking hard questions. We had one here in Colo a few weeks ago, they came up with it being a hot water heater that completely blew that house to pieces - huge 2 story house - and damaged surrounding homes. This is getting a little too weird. You never use to hear of such things.
Solar Guardian

Malaysia
11/13/2012 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

How many explosions before people start asking hard questions. We had one here in Colo a few weeks ago, they came up with it being a hot water heater that completely blew that house to pieces - huge 2 story house - and damaged surrounding homes. This is getting a little too weird. You never use to hear of such things.

What's the cause of those explosions?
whiteangel
also known at WA

United States
11/13/2012 11:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
No one ever comes up with a good explanation - methane??
Earth Cries

United States
11/13/2012 11:33 PM

Report Abusive Post

What does this mean?

When over land, higher incidents of quakes and usually larger ones. Not always so more of a heads up

Total Electron Count is extremely high. I believe it is a result of how "squished" the magnetosphere is right now. Seems to be another flare in progress right now. My alert has it at a B 5.1 and climbing.

Mahala

United States
11/13/2012 11:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's a nitrate plant
Vesper33

User ID: 25919604
United States
11/13/2012 11:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Just mentioned on WHNT 19 News. Saying it was an explosion at a Nitrate plant in Cherokee, Alabama. I am about 63 miles or so East of there.
Perfer et Obdura;Dolor hic tibi proderit olim.Fortes Fortuna Iuvat! (Be Patient & Strong; someday this pain will be useful to you. Fortune favors the brave)
shadasonic

User ID: 15732022
United States
11/13/2012 11:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

What does this mean?

It means we've got upper ionosphere electrons that are gravitating. Electron surges are precursors for mantle fluctuation and even with high numbers fission from neutron bombardment(grbs). Anything above average on a particle density scale isn't good!
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
Mahala

United States
11/13/2012 11:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's a nitrate plant
 Quoting: Mahala

Explosion at Cherokee Nitrate Plant reported just after 10:00 pm. We have a crew headed there now. Witnesses say fire smoke coming from building and a boom heard 20 miles away.
[link to www.facebook.com]

manufacturer, manufacturing, chemical, chemicals, fertilizer, nitrogen, ammonia
[link to wikimapia.org]
Solar Guardian

Malaysia
11/13/2012 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
What will happen in Dec 21 2012 onwards? Read here:

My opinion: The Earth's crust will also be affected, starting the pole shift. gaspahhhahhh

If the above info is true, then that means the magnetic connection between Earth and the Sun would reach very significant connections on that date, which would enable the Sun to hurl CMEs at Earth in blinding speed, probably taking less than 6 hours for CMEs to reach Earth.

GLP