Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,373 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 628,493
Pageviews Today: 1,018,550Threads Today: 408Posts Today: 6,812
10:40 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Weird Fossil??.. Aboriginal artifact??... Alien egg??... PHOTOS... pls help me work out what this is...

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 904314
Canada
04/23/2011 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Weird Fossil??.. Aboriginal artifact??... Alien egg??... PHOTOS... pls help me work out what this is...
Looks like a really old orange to me.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 904314

Looks mostly rotten too.

I mean, orange peels that I have left out eventually ended up that texture and color, and the lines on the thing look like someone peeled some of it then put it back
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 904314

[link to www.stockphotos.ro]
Supafly

User ID: 1310668
United States
04/23/2011 11:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Weird Fossil??.. Aboriginal artifact??... Alien egg??... PHOTOS... pls help me work out what this is...
It does look like a fossil impression. Please come back with what the university tells you, the suspense is killing me
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1343557
United States
04/23/2011 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
It does look like a fossil impression.
 Quoting: Supafly

It's mud (read clay) with a design scratched in it then fired...

OPie is very talented...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1351230
Australia
04/23/2011 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh you found my paperweight!!

Can I have it back?
Doubtless

User ID: 1350753
Australia
04/23/2011 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Petrified ostrich egg.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1256870

I think this person is correct, it would explain why its hollow.

When your dad was digging, he wasn't removing a plant or tree was he?

It looks like the roots imprinted on the side because they were there so long.
GLP = Whirlwind of stupid.
:IslamLol:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1351230
Australia
04/23/2011 11:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Petrified ostrich egg.

Quoting: Doubtless

If it's a petrified anything the tree you are suggesting would be long gone
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1352676
United States
04/23/2011 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Going to have to call it fake. If you keep cycling through his pictures, they are all CRAFTS. Weird balls and pine comb gnomes.
 Quoting: IIIIIth

I have to agree.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1351044
United States
04/23/2011 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
musical instrument?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1238594
United States
04/23/2011 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
What a great thing! Looks like a fossil but it's shaped so perfectly round... Haven't a clue.
Timewarlord  (OP)

User ID: 1224426
Australia
04/23/2011 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Where is the damage from your fathers shovel ? Show me that and I will believe you. It looks too manufactured and whole to have been in the ground and hit with a shovel blade.
 Quoting: Smoop

If you read what I wrote... My grandfather hit it with a shovel.. pretty hard too... and this thing is so rock solid it didnt dint it, or crack it... nothing!
"Attitudes truly are contagious. So ask yourself one question… Is mine worth catching?"
Timewarlord  (OP)

Australia
04/23/2011 08:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Crinoid fossils on a river bed rounded rock.

[link to www.kgs.ku.edu]
 Quoting: tkwasny

OOOOHHHH!
You might be onto something with this.. The 2 pics down the bottom of this page look similar to the markings. My fiance thinks they look like worm like fossils.. but what still stumps me is the thing its on.. its not some solid rock.. its hollow.. and to me looks like its been sculpted slightly?
"Attitudes truly are contagious. So ask yourself one question… Is mine worth catching?"
Timewarlord  (OP)

Australia
04/23/2011 08:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Petrified ostrich egg.

Quoting: Doubtless

If it's a petrified anything the tree you are suggesting would be long gone
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1351230

He was digging up his old driveway... hundreds and hundreds of funnel web spiders came out actually.. and my dad and grandad were runing around killing them with their shovels. Who knows what was there before the house was built.. theres forrest not to far from there now, so I expect the area where the house is would have been the same
tkwasny

User ID: 1304926
United States
04/23/2011 08:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Crinoid fossils on a river bed rounded rock.

[link to www.kgs.ku.edu]
 Quoting: tkwasny

OOOOHHHH!
You might be onto something with this.. The 2 pics down the bottom of this page look similar to the markings. My fiance thinks they look like worm like fossils.. but what still stumps me is the thing its on.. its not some solid rock.. its hollow.. and to me looks like its been sculpted slightly?
 Quoting: Timewarlord

I have a bunch of crinoid fossils I found myself. When active duty military for +20 years, most go to bars around the world, I worked the local paleontology, mineralogy and geology. (Married, explains a lot)

I'd say geode but thats an igneous rock, although sometimes sedimentary.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Last Edited by tkwasny on 04/23/2011 08:40 PM
Timewarlord  (OP)

Australia
04/23/2011 08:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
It does look like a fossil impression. Please come back with what the university tells you, the suspense is killing me
 Quoting: Supafly

Weve been wanting to see a tutankhamun exhibition at the museum anyway, so were hoping to go there next week.. maybe Tuesday.
Will keep you updated. :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1354423
Australia
04/23/2011 08:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
ceramic hoax
ceawaves

User ID: 1354441
United States
04/23/2011 08:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
looks like a grinding stone.. the decoration on it is kind of a throw off.. but looks like whats called a grinding stone for grains or what ever to me..it would fit in another bigger stone with a cup like thing in the middle of it. I don't think it's any kind of an egg.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1353966
United Kingdom
04/23/2011 08:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
its a pebble ya silly bastard ....lmfao
ceawaves

User ID: 1354441
United States
04/23/2011 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Going to have to call it fake. If you keep cycling through his pictures, they are all CRAFTS. Weird balls and pine comb gnomes.
 Quoting: IIIIIth

I have to agree.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1352676

the texture of it seems a bit wrong.. like plastic or something, i believe he said it was a rock..so taking him at his word.. on it being a rock found.. about all you can do.. But it does not really look that old to me.. but what do i know?
Timewarlord  (OP)

Australia
04/23/2011 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
So.. Ive been looking up all your suggestions to see if any of them fit...

Dinosaur Egg- This does surprisingly look similar to my 'thing'.I was surprised to learn not all dinosaur eggs and oval.. some are round and even look 'sculpted' very strange.
[link to www.dinosaurstore.com]
and
[link to www.flickr.com]

Petrified Ostrich Egg- cant find any examples.. only ordinary ostrich eggs.

Thunderegg/Concretion- Possibly.. only because it looks a little like a rock though.. But i dont think so. Its hollow.. and I doubt its heavy enough to be one... and the markings dont fit.. Im not going to try and crack it open to find out!
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Old Cricket Ball- nope
[link to www.google.com.au]

Crinoid Fossils- These do look alot like the markings on this 'thing'. Im just not sure what the object is that these fossils are on...
[link to www.kgs.ku.edu]

Old Orange- nooo
[link to www.stockphotos.ro]

This is fake.. OP's wife made it..- Im sure she could have made something like this if she tried, she's very talented.. I looked up 'hollow clay ball' and couldnt find much like it.. I did find an instrument called a Bhorrindo. A hollow clay ball/weird shaped thing... but they have 3 holes.. and arent as big..
[link to www.kutchforever.com]

Grinding Stone- It could be.. they had round and long ones.. but they were usually solid stone.. I dont think it would be practical to be hollow.. and the markings..?
[link to www.google.com.au]

Im more interested now than I was before.. lol Very puzzling.
MCB

User ID: 1301848
United States
04/23/2011 09:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm leaning toward the concretion explanation - it looks like it could be one - but hard to tell from a pic... If you had a fiber optic camera you could stick it inside for a look - that might be interesting. A concretion wouldn't likely be hollow though, so good luck with the expert opinion...
To measure a circle - start anywhere... Charles Fort

Total Choas!

Belief is the enemy - John Keel

Is it a coincidence that right there in the middle of the word "believe" is the word "lie?"

When less are born, less will die... Varzan

War is the first casualty of Truth.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit - "No one cuts me with impunity..."

Invisible College Press
www.invispress.com
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1354313
Australia
04/23/2011 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Petrified ostrich egg.

You mean Emu
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1353162
United States
Report Abusive Post

None of those things would be as tough as you say it is.

This is a totally anomalous image and needs someone who knows about weird stuff.

Why don't you phone Duncan Roads?
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Petrified ostrich egg.

You mean Emu
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1354313

Emu eggs are green. Both eggs are not totally round.

And eggs are not that strong.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/23/2011 09:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
DO NOT LET IT OUT OF YOUR SIGHT

Whatever it is, the "authorities" will have an "accident" and disappear it for you.

Find some college kid with access to an electron microscope and get a picture of it.

Or pay a friendly doctor to X-Ray it for you

Just dont leave it alone for a minute
Timewarlord  (OP)

Australia
04/23/2011 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
DO NOT TAKE IT TO A UNIVERSITY.

If this is alien stuff, which it could be, it will disappear. That last scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark of the enormous warehouse filled with hidden artefacts is the truth.

Immediately, phone Duncan Roads at Nexus magazine (he's a GLPer).

[link to www.nexusmagazine.com]

Ask him what you should do.

And hide this REALLY WELL tonight. It might just disappear.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1353162

None of those things would be as tough as you say it is.

This is a totally anomalous image and needs someone who knows about weird stuff.

Why don't you phone Duncan Roads?

Ive sent him an email.. :)
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/23/2011 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
If this is some kind of artefact from an ancient, advanced or alien civilization, now that you have posted this, you may not have it for long.

Right now they could be making a fake copy to replace it with.

Please phone Duncan Roads.
07 5442 9280
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/23/2011 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Great. But just to speed things along, and in case someone blocks the email, please phone him as well. I just found the number for you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1354500
United States
04/23/2011 09:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
As an "energy sensitive" I would say, reading such from the photos, that it emits a rather strange frequency. I would suggest that it is either ET in origin, or was made by an ancient people
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/23/2011 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
As an "energy sensitive" I would say, reading such from the photos, that it emits a rather strange frequency. I would suggest that it is either ET in origin, or was made by an ancient people
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1354500

Thank you. That was my immediate impression also.

The EXTREME hardness is a give away also.

Which is why I am asking OP to take EXCESSIVE care of this and extra haste to contact perhaps the one person in Australia who would be able to tell OP how to get to the bottom of this.
Timewarlord  (OP)

Australia
04/23/2011 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Great. But just to speed things along, and in case someone blocks the email, please phone him as well. I just found the number for you.

Im not calling this guy on Easter Sunday morning when he's probably spending time with his kids and/or family for something that could be absolutely nothing. Thankyou for your help though.

GLP