Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,136 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 648,091
Pageviews Today: 1,129,384Threads Today: 471Posts Today: 7,926
01:35 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

MONSANTO # (GMO) FOOD 4 THOUGHT - Know What You Eat # (Ongoing Videos & Articles)

RoXY  (OP)

User ID: 1507539
Netherlands
01/02/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: MONSANTO # (GMO) FOOD 4 THOUGHT - Know What You Eat # (Ongoing Videos & Articles)
GM Foods Touted “Benefits” are Actually False Claims
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Andre Evans
Activist Post

Genetically Modified foods are prominently featured in today’s food supply. In fact, GMOs are so prominent that if a product is not labeled as GMO free, then it can be assumed that there is at least some amount of genetic alteration within the food.

GMOs dominate conventional food supplies and popular products, perpetuating their adverse effects on the people who eat them.

Before the whistle was blown on the dangers of GM foods, like any other invariably unpopular thing pushed by corporations, claims were that GMOs could actually be beneficial to the food supply, and provide positive value. But how legitimate are any of these claims?

Continue: [link to www.activistpost.com]
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/03/2012 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: MONSANTO # (GMO) FOOD 4 THOUGHT - Know What You Eat # (Ongoing Videos & Articles)
Leaked: US to Start ‘Trade Wars’ with Nations Opposed to Monsanto, GMO Crops
Anthony Gucciardi
Monday, January 2, 2012
Activist Post

The United States is threatening nations who oppose Monsanto’s genetically modified (GM) crops with military-style trade wars, according to information obtained and released by the organization WikiLeaks.

Nations like France, which have moved to ban one of Monsanto’s GM corn varieties, were requested to be ‘penalized’ by the United States for opposing Monsanto and genetically modified foods.

The information reveals just how deep Monsanto’s roots have penetrated key positions within the United States government, with the cables reporting that many U.S. diplomats work directly for Monsanto.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/03/2012 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
FDA Claims Walnuts to be Illegal Drugs - Government Lunacy at its Best
Mike Barrett
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Activist Post

Well the Food and Drug Administration has really made a name for themselves this time.

In response to claims by a company named Diamond Foods that walnuts possess health benefits, the FDA sent the company a letter informing them of their wrongdoing.

What did Diamond Foods do wrong? According to the FDA, claims made by Diamond Foods that omega-3′s found in walnuts produce health benefits make their walnuts “drugs”. As far as the FDA is concerned, these “drugs” can not be legally marketed in the United States without an approved new drug application.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/03/2012 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
How Your Taxes are Being Used by the Government to Produce Junk Food

Continue to video: [link to www.activistpost.com]
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/03/2012 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is Monsanto's Herbicide Harming Male Fertility?
Sayer Ji, Contributing Writer
Monday, January 2, 2012
Activist Post

In a disturbing study published last month (Dec. 2011) in the Journal of Toxicology in Vitro, researchers found that Monsanto's popular "weed killer" known as Roundup, which has already been linked to over 25 adverse health effects, is also capable of interfering with and/or harming the male reproductive system.

Researchers tested Roundup, a glyphosate-based herbicide, on mature rat testicular cells at a concentration range between 1 and 10,000 ppm, which they described as "the range in some human urine and in environment to agricultural levels." They found that within 1 to 48 hours of Roundup exposure testicular (Leydig) cells were damaged or killed.

nzreva

User ID: 1063963
United States
01/03/2012 11:15 AM

Report Abusive Post
19 Studies Link GMO Foods to Organ Disruption
Posted By Dr. Mercola | April 27 2011

snip

GMO Soy BeansA new paper demonstrates that consuming genetically modified (GM) food leads to significant organ disruptions in rats and mice. Researchers reviewed data from 19 studies and found that parameters including blood and urine biochemistry and organ weights were significantly disrupted in the GM-fed animals.

The kidneys of males were the most affected, experiencing 43.5 percent of all the changes. The livers of females followed at more than 30 percent. Other organs may have been affected too, including the heart and spleen, and blood cells.

According to the Institute for Responsible Technology: "The GM soybean and corn varieties used in the feeding trials 'constitute 83 percent of the commercialized GMOs' that are currently consumed by billions of people. While the findings may have serious ramifications for the human population, the authors demonstrate how a multitude of GMO-related health problems could easily pass undetected through the superficial and largely incompetent safety assessments that are used around the world."

Further, the biotechnology firm Monsanto is only an FDA approval away from its latest monstrosity - soybeans that have been genetically modified to produce omega-3 fats. That FDA approval is expected this year.

Monsanto plans to include GM soybean oil in every product it can - baked goods, baking mixes, breakfast cereals, cheeses, frozen dairy desserts, pasta, gravies and sauces, fruit juices, snack foods, candy, soups, and more.

According to Forbes: "Monsanto is so despised by environmentalists that Google's first suggested search term for the St. Louis company is 'Monsanto evil.' Readers voted Monsanto the world's most evil corporation in a January poll, giving the corporation a whopping 51 percent of the vote."

Scientists have also introduced human genes into 300 dairy cows in a process that they say will cause the cows to produce milk with the same properties as human breast milk. They believe that this could provide an alternative to formula milk for babies.

Critics of GM technology questioned the safety of milk from genetically modified animals, and also its potential effect on the cattle's health.

According to the Telegraph: "The researchers used cloning technology to introduce human genes into the DNA of Holstein dairy cows before the genetically modified embryos were implanted into surrogate cows. [T]he researchers said they were able to create cows that produced milk containing a human protein called lysozyme."

CONTINUE:
[link to articles.mercola.com]

Quoting: RoXY

I don't eat GMO foods.
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/03/2012 11:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't eat GMO foods.
 Quoting: nzreva

Neither do I, for as far as I know...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1438879
United States
01/03/2012 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
My resolution this year is to eat only organic and non gmo.
Hitokiri

User ID: 1343907
United States
01/03/2012 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Stop feeding mice and rats GMO food... Problem solved! :)
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." - George Bernard Shaw
BlondeQT

User ID: 7304989
United States
01/03/2012 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
I stopped eating corn (even organic) because it's mostly all GMO contaminated. No more corn, corn chips, corn oil, or corn ANYthing.

I stopped eating soy/soybeans for the same reason.

They just won't stop though until we're all dead.
 Quoting: Half Past Midnight

Me too.

Corn is also why people are so darned fat.

Corn is what they use to fatten cows.
This thread needs more cowbell!

:cowbellgif:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1578009
United States
01/03/2012 05:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Supplements The FDA Wants To Ban
12-2-11...

...CONTINUE AT: [link to www.rense.com]

The above made me think of something I heard in a documentary a year or two ago... I think it was Agenda 21? Any info on that? If I recall correctly it would have gone into effect within the last few months.

Quoting: Suffering Through Temptation

EXCELLENT documentary!!!

I admittedly normally skip over videos posted but I just got done watching the entire doc. above, and wow. I assumed as much, but being informed and more knowledgeable on these subjects can only be a good thing. It seems clear to me that no one (aside from those profiting from it, of course) is actually pro-GMO... We have those who have researched it and are in the "against" camp, and then those who choose to be utterly ignorant to the dangers and want nothing to do with adjusting their lifestyle to avoid regularly ingesting poison disguised as food...

The more I think about it, I have known several people who have either died, been diagnosed with chronic illnesses, or have seen a general decrease in their health, in the past 15 years or so. People who were otherwise healthy and developed health problems - diabetes, brain cancer and other cancers, thyroid problems to name a few examples.. People I've personally known and most of whom are/were quite young for such diagnoses. Of course I don't know if it is related to the introduction of GMO foods, but the timing would suggest that as a possibility.

I don't get paranoid over everything I hear or read, but this creeps me out, a lot. This is real doom, and it's happening right now hiding

Thanks for all of the info and links, OP. 5*
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/03/2012 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

I admittedly normally skip over videos posted but I just got done watching the entire doc. above, and wow.
I assumed as much, but being informed and more knowledgeable on these subjects can only be a good thing. It seems clear to me that no one (aside from those profiting from it, of course) is actually pro-GMO... We have those who have researched it and are in the "against" camp, and then those who choose to be utterly ignorant to the dangers and want nothing to do with adjusting their lifestyle to avoid regularly ingesting poison disguised as food...

The more I think about it, I have known several people who have either died, been diagnosed with chronic illnesses, or have seen a general decrease in their health, in the past 15 years or so. People who were otherwise healthy and developed health problems - diabetes, brain cancer and other cancers, thyroid problems to name a few examples.. People I've personally known and most of whom are/were quite young for such diagnoses. Of course I don't know if it is related to the introduction of GMO foods, but the timing would suggest that as a possibility.

I don't get paranoid over everything I hear or read, but this creeps me out, a lot. This is real doom, and it's happening right now hiding

Thanks for all of the info and links, OP. 5*
 Quoting: Wotansdottir

Cool.

I had to re-post it 'cos the 'original' one was taken off YouTube.
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/10/2012 02:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Monsanto’s GMO Corn Approved Despite 45,000 Public Comments in Opposition
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Mike Barrett
Activist Post

As previously reported, while people were de-stressing and enjoying their much needed time off during the holidays, the United States Department of Agriculture announced its approval of Monsanto’s ‘drought tolerant’ genetically engineered corn.

CONTINUE: [link to www.activistpost.com]
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/11/2012 05:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
How Salt Lamps Can Help Protect You From EMFs

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/12/2012 02:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Leaked documents reveal US diplomats actually work for Monsanto
by: Anthony Gucciardi
Wednesday, January 11, 2012

(NaturalNews) Biotech giant Monsanto has been genetically modifying the world's food supply and subsequently breeding environmental devastation for years, but leaked documents now reveal that Monsanto has also deeply infiltrated the United States government. With leaked reports revealing how U.S. diplomats are actually working for Monsanto to push their agenda along with other key government officials, Monsanto's grasp on international politics has never been clearer.

Amazingly, the information reveals that the massive corporation is also intensely involved in the passing and regulations concerning the very GM ingredients they are responsible for. In fact, the information released by WikiLeaks reveals just how much power Monsanto has thanks to key positions within the United States government and elsewhere. Not only was it exposed that the U.S. is threatening nations who oppose Monsanto with military-style trade wars, but that many U.S. diplomats actually work directly for Monsanto.

CONTINUE: [link to www.naturalnews.com]
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/12/2012 09:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Plastic on the Lettuce

Dude, That Isn’t Wax On Your Apple!

Fancy yourself a vegetarian or vegan?

Think that the label that says “organically grown” has anything to do with the packaging, storage, and transport of that product to stores?

What if I told you that cow, pig, and chicken collagen is now used in place of wax on your fruits and vegetables, among many other things much worse than you can probably imagine?

And what if then I told you, as with most atrocities that happen now-a-days, that this is all approved by the FDA…

CONTINUE: [link to realitybloger.wordpress.com]

Last Edited by RoXY on 01/12/2012 09:34 AM
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/12/2012 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
KILLER SEEDS: The Devastating Impacts of Monsanto’s Genetically Modified Seeds in India
by Iqbal Ahmed
January 12, 2012

Monsanto’s operation in India illustrates monopolization and manipulation of the market economy, tradition, technology, and misgovernance. The world’s largest producer of genetically engineered seeds has been selling genetically modified (GM) in India for the last decade to benefit the Indian farmers – or so the company claims.

In a country of more than 550 million farmers who are largely poor and uneducated and the agriculture market rife with inefficient business practices, the Indian government sought to reform the market by eliminating subsidies and loans to the farmers.

The government reform did not help the farmers. With pressure from the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Indian government has “forced market liberalization on India which means the elimination of government subsidies and government-backed loans to farmers.”

Enter Monsanto with its “magic” GM seeds to transform the lives of the poor Indian farmers.

The U.S. agri-business giant took full advantage of its entry into the Indian market. It entered into an agreement with state governments including Rajasthan and Andhara Pradesh to introduce a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that dictated the terms of disseminating the GM technology in Indian market.

For Monsanto, it is one thing to convince farmers to use artificial seeds for the purposes of enriching their lives, it is quite another to manipulate nature and technology to profit from them.

CONTINUE: [link to globalresearch.ca]
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/14/2012 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
India Slams Monsanto with Unprecedented ‘Biopiracy’ Charges
by Anthony Gucciardi
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Activist Post

India has joined the conglomerate of nations directly opposed to the agricultural corruption brought upon by bloated biotechnology giant Monsanto, declaring legal action against the corporation for a crime dubbed ‘biopiracy‘.

The charges were brought against Monsanto for utilizing a local eggplant variety to develop their own genetically modified version including the notorious biopesticide Bt. Monsanto’s Bt GMO crops are known to threaten the environment in addition to human health, and India considers Monsanto’s unauthorized testing of the crops to be biopiracy.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/14/2012 10:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Arizona Governor Gives Up Medical Marijuana Fight
Phillip Smith
Saturday, January 14, 2012
StopTheDrugWar

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) said Friday she would no longer block medical marijuana dispensaries from opening in the state. The news came in a statement announcing that the state would not try again after a lawsuit she filed blocking implementation was dismissed in federal court earlier this month.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/15/2012 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Link Between Processed Meat and Cancer
Mike Barrett
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Activist Post

A recent study conducted by Swedish researchers has shown a further link between processed meats such as sausage or bacon and an increased risk of pancreatic cancer. This kind of connection is not necessarily new, but the study provides further evidence that indulging in processed meats may not be the greatest decision for your health.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1312941
United States
01/19/2012 10:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have a question, when I go to the store I notice that some apples or similar produce is missing stickers. It seems no big deal but what if the produce "not labeled" is GMO?

Maybe time to start an indoor garden
SilverPatriot

User ID: 1607242
United States
01/19/2012 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
These links might be helpful:

Controversy with PLU Labels: How to Avoid Genetically Modified Fruits and Vegetables
[link to www.puppetgov.com]

Seeds of Deception
[link to www.seedsofdeception.com]

How To Shop To Avoid Genetically Engineered Foods
[link to www.holisticmed.com]

Non-GMO Shopping Guide
[link to nongmoshoppingguide.com]

Talking Fruit How to de-code the information on those little stickers
[link to www.plantea.com]

The Organic & Non-GMO Report
[link to www.non-gmoreport.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9185052
United States
01/19/2012 10:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for posting this information.
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/20/2012 02:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for posting this information.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9185052

gods :)

Last Edited by RoXY on 03/27/2013 08:59 AM
Tango

User ID: 8266243
United States
01/20/2012 02:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
RoXY you are an awesome researcher on alot of interesting subjects. I always enjoy your threads and your work put into them.. Awesome Job....
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/20/2012 02:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
RoXY you are an awesome researcher on alot of interesting subjects. I always enjoy your threads and your work put into them.. Awesome Job....
 Quoting: Tango

Cheers mate!

(I also owe it to those who upgrade me every month, so I can use my upkarma to pin my ongoing threads every time I've added a couple of 'must read/see articles & videos on the subject.

And food is something we all need...
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/20/2012 02:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Farmer feeds GMO corn to his pigs: they all become sterile.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1486940
United States
01/20/2012 02:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
I know corn is mostly GMO nowadays. But I just purchased a chub of polenta, which I wanted to try for something new. It is labeled as "organic". Do you think this means it's non-GMO? It's just labeled USDA Certified Organic, is all the reassurances I can see. I wish that labeling GMO foods was mandatory. I already have had heart, liver, and kidney failure and all are damaged to some degree, along with my spleen. Don't need any more help with that! Leave my organs alone!
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
01/20/2012 02:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Controversy with PLU Labels: How to Avoid Genetically Modified Fruits and Vegetables

Seeds of Deception

Non-GMO Shopping Guide

Quoting: SilverPatriot

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8392006
United States
01/20/2012 10:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

Seeds of Deception

Non-GMO Shopping Guide

Quoting: SilverPatriot

Like all of your posts, this effort of yours is nothing short of amazing.
Thank You

GLP