Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,886 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 691,532
Pageviews Today: 1,200,505Threads Today: 386Posts Today: 7,913
12:14 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

MONSANTO # (GMO) FOOD 4 THOUGHT - Know What You Eat # (Ongoing Videos & Articles)

fossilgate

User ID: 5146771
United States
02/25/2012 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: MONSANTO # (GMO) FOOD 4 THOUGHT - Know What You Eat # (Ongoing Videos & Articles)
Thanks for this thread, really good information. I listened to a show this week disussing GMO and was blown away, I had no idea the depth of the GMO foods. Doing research this week and found articles discussing the hidden GMO ingredients and the depth of how much GMO corn (related ingredients) are used in the food. I always tried to eat organic corn and soy but now wonder how much cross contamination it all has now.

I came across this article..corn ingredients and how much it's in our lives.

On The Road to Being GMO-Free
[link to www.foodrenegade.com]

Heres one discussing US gov. and Monsanto relationships.
Many out there on the subject...this seemed to get to the point.

Nell Newman: Defining Natural and Organic
[link to organicconnectmag.com]
As to why the government allows genetically modified crops to continue without testing, Nell—like many of us—suspects
some “insider” work with the government. “I always wondered why,” she said. “It seems to be such common sense and yet nothing appears to be happening. Then about five or six years ago, I read an article in Mother Jones and realized
exactly why it’s so hard to get something done about it. In this article, they actually followed the heads of all these
big biotech companies as they left their jobs and went to work for the government and wrote policy and then went
back to their former positions. It’s a flowchart; it was an amazing article. For example, they worked for Monsanto
and then they worked for the USDA and then they wrote food policy for two years and then they went back to Monsanto.
After that, I understood why it was so hard.”
RoXY  (OP)

User ID: 1507539
Netherlands
02/28/2012 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: MONSANTO # (GMO) FOOD 4 THOUGHT - Know What You Eat # (Ongoing Videos & Articles)
How to Grow and Raise 100% of Your Food
Gaye Levy, Contributing Writer
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Activist Post

At one time or another, every prepper will ask him or herself: could I become 100% self-reliant in terms of proving food for myself and my family? And most of us will say, no, that is not possible.

Today I would like you to re-think that proposition because, with time, planning, and a bit of luck, it is possible if not always practical. But let me start at the beginning.

CONTINUE: [link to www.activistpost.com]
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
02/28/2012 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cured: A Cannabis Story (A film by David Triplett)

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
02/28/2012 08:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Future of Food
by grtv

The Future of Food has been a key tool in the American and international anti-GMO grassroots activist movements and played widely in the environmental and activist circuits since its release in 2004. The film is widely acknowledged for its role in educating voters and the subsequent success of passing Measure H in Mendocino County, California, one of the first local initiatives in the country to ban the planting of GMO crops. Indicative of its popularity, the Future of Food showed to a sold out audience of 1,500 at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco in 2004, a benefit for Slow Food, where it was introduced by Alice Waters.

In September 2005, The Future of Food made a highly acclaimed national theatrical premiere at Film Forum in New York, followed by a tour of more than a dozen major American cities in the fall. Applauded by technology writers, food policy experts and environmental activists, the film has been shown around the world—from a plaza in Oaxaca, Mexico to the Jerusalem Cinematheque, and in citizen screenings all over the world—from India, Kenya, and Bulgaria to Brazil and Indonesia. It screened at a wide variety of professional gatherings, including the Midwestern Organic Farmers Convention, the Organic Trade Association 2005 trade show and conference in Chicago, and the American Dietetic Association convention. Columbia and New York Universities showed it to their students.

SOURCE: [link to tv.globalresearch.ca]

Last Edited by RoXY on 05/30/2012 07:47 AM
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
02/28/2012 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Judge Sides with Monsanto Over Small Organic Farmers
Monday, February 27, 2012

On February 24, Judge Naomi Buchwald handed down her ruling on a motion to dismiss in the case of Organic Seed Growers and Trade Assn et al v. Monsanto after hearing oral argument on January 31st in Federal District Court in Manhattan.

Her ruling to dismiss the case brought against Monsanto on behalf of organic farmers, seed growers and agricultural organizations representing farmers and citizens was met with great disappointment by the plaintiffs.

Plaintiff lead attorney Daniel Ravicher said, "While I have great respect for Judge Buchwald, her decision to deny farmers the right to seek legal protection from one of the world's foremost patent bullies is gravely disappointing. Her belief that farmers are acting unreasonable when they stop growing certain crops to avoid being sued by Monsanto for patent infringement should their crops become contaminated maligns the intelligence and integrity of those farmers. Her failure to address the purpose of the Declaratory Judgment Act and her characterization of binding Supreme Court precedent that supports the farmers' standing as 'wholly inapposite' constitute legal error. In sum, her opinion is flawed on both the facts and the law. Thankfully, the plaintiffs have the right to appeal to the Court of Appeals, which will review the matter without deference to her findings."

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/01/2012 10:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why the Way You Think is the Cornerstone of Reaching Your Health Goals
Mike Barrett
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Activist Post

Changing the Way You Think is Fundamental in Attaining Great Health
The mind is powerful – much more powerful than many individuals recognize. If you were to harness the potential of this energy transmitter in your head, then great feats could be reached far beyond what can currently be conceived. Scientists have already proven that your thoughts are powerful determining factors in your overall health, and that your mindset can ultimately create — or delay — self-healing. Whether it be thinking your way to wellness, or simply coming to a realization that you are fully capable of being healthy, the road to such success is not a difficult one to travel. In fact, even the key to powerful fat loss can also be found in the way you think.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/01/2012 10:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why the Way You Think is the Cornerstone of Reaching Your Health Goals
Mike Barrett
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Activist Post

Changing the Way You Think is Fundamental in Attaining Great Health
The mind is powerful – much more powerful than many individuals recognize. If you were to harness the potential of this energy transmitter in your head, then great feats could be reached far beyond what can currently be conceived. Scientists have already proven that your thoughts are powerful determining factors in your overall health, and that your mindset can ultimately create — or delay — self-healing. Whether it be thinking your way to wellness, or simply coming to a realization that you are fully capable of being healthy, the road to such success is not a difficult one to travel. In fact, even the key to powerful fat loss can also be found in the way you think.

Quoting: RoXY

You can trick your mind any way you like, it seems.

Or better perhaps, - more accurate -

Some can...
fossilgate

United States
03/01/2012 11:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can we get GMO out of our bodies, GMO detox?

In many of the GMO articles, they discuss how it continues to reproduce in our gut/body permanently (see article below)

Is it really too late to stop eating GMO food/ingredients? I would like to stop eating GMO, but since I have been eating it, is it too late?

I went through my kitchen and most the non-organic foods have some sort of GMO ingredints, many are foods that do not have known chemcials. Its scary to check food ingredients at the store and not able to find many without GMO.

Anyone have any good docs/links as to how to detox GMO from our bodies?

[link to wellnessuncovered.com]
Worst finding of all—GMOs remain inside of us

The only published human feeding study revealed that even after we stop eating GMOs, harmful GM proteins may be
produced continuously inside of us; genes inserted into GM soy transfer into bacteria inside our intestines and continue
to function.²² If Bt genes also transfer, eating GM corn chips might transform our intestinal bacteria into living pesticide factories.
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/01/2012 11:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone have any good docs/links as to how to detox GMO from our bodies?

Quoting: fossilgate

Start your search here...
[link to naturalsociety.com]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8392006
United States
03/02/2012 04:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
i wish i could afford organic food.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1287195

I've seen a documentary about the freedom of choise poor people in the big cities of the USA have, to buy food.

They can freely choose between McFood, McFood and McFood...
 Quoting: RoXY

One of the common practices here in the US is for supermarket chains to ship their close to out of date prepared foods and produce to stores in lower class neighborhoods and the inner city.
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/04/2012 05:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Un-Earthed: Is Monsanto's Glyphosate Destroying The Soil?
Sayer Ji, Contributing Writer
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Activist Post

The nation that destroys its soil, destroys itself. -- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

In light of this quote, had Monsanto been around during Roosevelt’s time, he would not have taken too kindly to their business strategy. After all, in 2007, 176 million lbs of an extremely toxic herbicide known as glyphosate, (1) first created by Monsanto, was sprayed onto the soil (and everything standing between it) in this country, with untold environmental and human health fallout.

Untold, that is, until now...

Trusty Scout
User ID: 1242484
United States
03/04/2012 05:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
All grains on earth are GMO. The God Enki made up the GMO grains we call; "Natural".
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/04/2012 05:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

Bureaucrats and Other Pesky Critters on the Road to Food Freedom

Michael McCarty, Contributing Writer
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Activist Post

For a couple of years or so I have been investigating the legal issues that relate to the rights of an individual to grow and sell meat, poultry, and other homegrown farm products directly to consumers. What would be the problem, you might ask? You can grow or raise, and sell, what you want to sell, right? We live in a free country, with free and open markets, do we not?

Well, not so fast. Being the rather cautious person that I am, I began some time ago to ask questions of people working in a long list of local, state, and federal government agencies that hold jurisdiction over the land, and of us. It has been a painful, core shaking inquiry that is not for the faint of heart. I certainly have not enjoyed the experience.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/05/2012 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Healthy Foods and Lifestyle Proven to Make You Happier
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Mike Barrett
Activist Post

Engaging in unhealthy activities have an obvious negative impact on your physical health, but did you ever consider how these activities are impacting your emotional health?

Activities leading to poor health like drinking alcohol and smoking regularly have been shown to also greatly contribute to a lower level of overall happiness.

Taking this aspect into consideration offers an even greater reason to establish an overall healthy lifestyle.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/05/2012 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Genetically Modified Food Labeling Initiative Gains Momentum
Anthony Gucciardi
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Activist Post

As concerns over the consumption of genetically modified foods continue to grow internationally, legislation is increasingly being introduced to mandate the labeling of products containing genetically modified ingredients.

With thousands — if not millions — of products lining the grocery store shelves containing at least some genetically modified organisms (GMOs), consumers are demanding action. A total of 18 states are now examining laws that seek to explicitly label products containing GMOs.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/06/2012 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
The ‘All Natural’ Scam: How to Shop Healthy For You and Your Family
Andre Evans
Monday, March 5, 2012
Activist Post

How do you make an educated food purchase that will protect you and your family from harmful yet common food contaminants? You must be privy to the subtleties.

Many people today accept ‘all natural’ as a stamp of integrity for their food. FDA regulations, however, make the guidelines for authenticity rather lenient, and capitalize on the unawareness of the average buyer with strong advertising.

The average person on a base level acknowledges that there are dangerous additives like MSG and high fructose corn syrup in many products. As a result, they generally attempt to avoid these, and will instead often pick a product with an ‘all natural’ label in an effort to do so. Products that are labeled as such, however, oftentimes don’t contain many ‘natural’ ingredients.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/06/2012 12:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why Are People So Upset About Meat Glue?
Heather Callaghan
Monday, March 5, 2012
Activist Post

My meat contains what? Why didn't I know? More than likely, we have all consumed a substance known as Transglutaminase (TG) from delis and possibly restaurants.

Basically, a glue is used to piece together scraps of meat to sell as a whole cut. The glue lines are invisible to the naked eye.

Stories about glue in our meat are cropping up everywhere causing great dismay. If there was ever a time that people should shout "Franken" in front of "food," it is now. And literally - as scraps from other parts of the animal or different animals are combined to create a seamless whole.

CONTINUE (to video): [link to www.activistpost.com]

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/06/2012 08:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Monsanto’s Roundup Shown to be Ravaging Butterfly Population
Mike Barrett
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Activist Post

Monsanto’s Roundup, containing the active ingredient glyphosate, has been tied to more health and environmental problems than you could imagine. Similar to how pesticides have been contributing to the bee decline, Monsanto’s Roundup has been tied to the decrease in the population of monarch butterflies by killing the very plants that the butterflies rely on for habitat and food.

What’s been shown to be an even greater threat to the population, though, is Monsanto’s Roundup Ready corn and soybeans.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/09/2012 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Monsanto-FDA’s Michael Taylor to Keynote Food Safety Town Hall
Rady Ananda
Friday, March 9, 2012
Activist Post

For a mere grand, you can attend the entire 3-day Food Safety Summit set for April 17-19 in Washington, D.C. There you’ll get to hear Monsanto-lobbyist-now-Obama’s-Food-Safety-Czar, Michael R. Taylor, wax tyrannical about how federal and state regulators will manage the inspectional requirements of the boondoggle Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).

As Deputy Commissioner for Foods of the US Food and Drug Admin, Taylor also promises to whine about the lack of funding for his FSMA vision of stopping natural food production in the US during his April 18 workshop.

He’s seeking a $3 billion budget to “modernize” our food system. By modernize, he means to hyper-regulate the small producer out of existence, while criminalizing natural food production and trade.

After his workshop, chemical company and GMO giant DuPont will announce this year’s winner of the Food Quality Award. Can’t wait to see who they select. You can be sure a completely organic, unprocessed, unadulterated, natural food won’t take the prize.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/09/2012 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains ‘Pink Slime
Mar 7, 2012

Gerald Zirnstein grinds his own hamburger these days. Why? Because this former United States Department of Agriculture scientist and, now, whistleblower, knows that 70 percent of the ground beef we buy at the supermarket contains something he calls “pink slime.”

“Pink slime” is beef trimmings. Once only used in dog food and cooking oil, the trimmings are now sprayed with ammonia so they are safe to eat and added to most ground beef as a cheaper filler.

CONTINUE (+ video): [link to abcnews.go.com]

Last Edited by RoXY on 03/09/2012 06:32 PM
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/10/2012 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sneaky: Coca-Cola Removes Known Carcinogen to Avoid Cancer Warning Label
Anthony Gucciardi
NaturalSociety
March 9, 2012

sodayellowcan1 220x137 Sneaky: Coca Cola Removes Known Carcinogen to Avoid Cancer Warning LabelIn a move to avoid being slapped with a cancer warning label, Coca-Cola is making an emergency recipe alteration that involves removing a known carcinogen from the mix. Showing that the company is more interested in preserving sales than actually ridding its products of known cancer-causing substances, the company chose to remove the toxic ingredient to avoid the warning label — not to actively protect the health of the consumer. The compound (used for the drinks’ caramel coloring), known as 4-methylimidazole (4-MI or 4-MEI), has been ousted by the Center for Sciences in the Public Interest as a powerful carcinogen.

In fact, the Coca-Cola company even denied the cancer link, stating that the findings by CSPI and others were simply untrue. Calling the warning label ‘scientifically unfounded’, Coca-Cola says that there is no public health risk that justifies any change.

Read more: [link to naturalsociety.com]
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/11/2012 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's now illegal to know what's in your food

fossilgate

United States
03/11/2012 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the detox link, I came across the Activated Charcoal as a general detox. I started using the capsules (plan to order the powder) the past few days. Not sure if the charcoal will work for GMOs, but figure it can't hurt and work the metals out of the system.

Anyone else using activated charcoal and know the signs to watch for metals or other food/environment chemical withdrawals?
thx!
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/13/2012 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Scientists Warn EPA Over Monsanto’s GMO Crop Failures, Dangers
Anthony Gucciardi
Monday, March 12, 2012
Activist Post

A group of scientists is calling for major federal action in order to deal with the threat posed by Monsanto’s GMO crops, now petitioning the EPA to address the issue head on. The group of 22 academic corn experts are drawing attention to the immense failure of Monsanto’s genetically modified corn, which is developing mutated and resistant insects as a result of its widespread usage.

Corn is critical not only as a food staple, but is heavily used in ethanol production, animal feed, and much more. As GM corn becomes the norm, currently taking over 94 percent of the supply, these scientists are seriously concerned about the future of corn production.

Last Edited by RoXY on 03/14/2012 03:38 AM
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/14/2012 03:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Monsanto's Corruption Exposed (1/4)

Last Edited by RoXY on 10/06/2012 01:02 PM
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/15/2012 05:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

Monsanto’s Roundup is Killing Human Kidney Cells

Anthony Gucciardi
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Activist Post

Monsanto’s ‘biopesticide’ known as Bt is not only developing mutated insects and requiring excessive pesticide use, but new findings show that it is also killing human kidney cells — even in low doses.

Amazingly, Monsanto’s superweed-breeding Roundup also has the same effect. Scientists have demonstrated in new research that the Bt pesticide, in addition to Monsanto’s best-selling herbicide Roundup, exhibit direct toxicity to human cells. The findings add to the long list of hazardous effects presented by Monsanto’s genetically modified creations.

RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/15/2012 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very interesting Thread: Expect a miracle with this simple technique! Your health depends on it!
RoXY  (OP)

Netherlands
03/16/2012 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
U.S. MEAT TREATED with CARBON MONOXIDE to make it LOOK FRESH

CamelToeFan
User ID: 6113657
United States
03/16/2012 04:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
5* Thanks for the post OP.
This is the most EVIL corporation on the face of the planet.
CamelToeFan
User ID: 6113657
United States
03/16/2012 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is a link to Organic Bytes, they will keep you up to date on the latest news.
[link to www.organicconsumers.org]
afro

GLP