Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,168 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 816,139
Pageviews Today: 1,443,264Threads Today: 613Posts Today: 10,620
04:39 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

You are NOT allowed to commit suicide: Workers in Chinese iPad factories forced to sign pledges

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1365110
United Kingdom
05/01/2011 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
You are NOT allowed to commit suicide: Workers in Chinese iPad factories forced to sign pledges
Factories making sought-after Apple iPads and iPhones in China are forcing staff to sign pledges not to commit suicide, an investigation has revealed.

At least 14 workers at Foxconn factories in China have killed themselves in the last 16 months as a result of horrendous working conditions.

Many more are believed to have either survived attempts or been stopped before trying at the Apple supplier's plants in Chengdu or Shenzen.
[link to www.dailymail.co.uk]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 787970
United States
05/01/2011 06:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: You are NOT allowed to commit suicide: Workers in Chinese iPad factories forced to sign pledges
Well good luck with that.

If there's a will (to stop being a slave workers), there's a way.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1353076
United States
05/01/2011 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: You are NOT allowed to commit suicide: Workers in Chinese iPad factories forced to sign pledges
How about stop making devices of shit that are really worthless trash.
In 5 years all = trash.
They are making TRASH!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1362852
United States
05/01/2011 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Trump wants to close this chinese factory and move it to USA

flag waver
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1360753
United States
05/02/2011 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
man's inhumanity to man, part IIIVXMM

The investigation report showed that during peak periods of demand for the iPad, workers were made to take only one day off in 13. Badly performing workers were humiliated in front of colleagues and workers are banned from talking and are made to stand up for their 12-hour shifts.

They said some workers put in 60 to 80 hours of overtime a month for minimum pay.

[link to www.wgntv.com]
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/02/2011 12:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

for needed break to Osama-Obama-levee doom.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1126783
United States
05/02/2011 12:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

The investigation report showed that during peak periods of demand for the iPad, workers were made to take only one day off in 13. Badly performing workers were humiliated in front of colleagues and workers are banned from talking and are made to stand up for their 12-hour shifts.

They said some workers put in 60 to 80 hours of overtime a month for minimum pay.

[link to www.wgntv.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1360753

Welcome to the world of human resources coming soon to a corporation near you
BANE HIM
User ID: 1227194
United States
05/02/2011 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is very sad. And a sad statement on humanity.

bumpgasp
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1366468
Australia
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.wgntv.com]

And by NOT applying tariffs to all products from China we are all giving implicit approval to enslavement that WILL eventually be instituted in our own nations when we are inevitably broke and FORCED to compete with nations employing these practices.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States

Report Abusive Post
What's the penalty for breaking the pledge?
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1126783
United States
05/02/2011 12:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: BRIEF

death
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
05/02/2011 12:22 PM

Report Abusive Post

death
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1126783

So it's an exercise in futility...they just wasted their time which made our cheap Chinese shit more expensive!

Last Edited by BRIEF on 05/02/2011 12:22 PM
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1000164
United States
05/02/2011 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
HumanCentI-Pad
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/02/2011 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
but surely the many unemployed here would jump at the chance to take a job like this, if only manufacturing would return to America ...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1366738
United States
05/02/2011 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

death
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1126783

macgun________dead3__pope
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 456756
United States
05/02/2011 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

Flogging and a crown of thorns.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 501224
France
05/02/2011 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
but surely the many unemployed here would jump at the chance to take a job like this, if only manufacturing would return to America ...

fucking true
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1360794
United States
05/02/2011 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
How about stop making devices of shit that are really worthless trash.
In 5 years all = trash.
They are making TRASH!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1353076

That's actually very true.

I repaired electronics for 15+ years. Many of the old items are still going. New stuff? Well, you are lucky if they last. If they don't, you are even luckier if the manufacturer supports the product with parts. Most of the time they do not. The idea is to throw it in the trash.

BTW, have a Magnavox television I use in the basement. Built in 1983-early cable compatible model and it still works like a champ. Televitz in the the living room is a 32" Sony made in 2005 that a friend was going to throw away. Had a bad diode that costs 7 cents. It's worked fine since I replaced it.

My point is that for all of the lip service these companies pay to green this and green that-it's bullshit. If that were true they would build decent products that last and would offer some product support for repair/refurb.

I feel bad for the Chinese workers but this is kind of like the dope trade. There is a demand and that demand will be filled. If people stopped buying this crap, it might change things. But, as long as people will pitch a tent overnight to be lined up in the morning for Apple's latest gadget, there will be slave shops making them. Ditto for the game console companies, etc.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19392583
United States
10/23/2012 10:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump for skeewl work
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26146407
United States
10/23/2012 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
The Chinese people could rise up so easily and fix things. It would be so frickin easy. Same with the US. But no, people are sheep and cowards. They let one man brutally control millions. THAT is why you are sheep. It is hilarious to watch idiots in the matrix. The best entertainment ever.

It is also why they deserve the punishment they get. I have zero sympathy for cowards who CHOOSE to live under tyranny.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14392840
United States
10/23/2012 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Factories making sought-after Apple iPads and iPhones in China are forcing staff to sign pledges not to commit suicide, an investigation has revealed.

At least 14 workers at Foxconn factories in China have killed themselves in the last 16 months as a result of horrendous working conditions.

Many more are believed to have either survived attempts or been stopped before trying at the Apple supplier's plants in Chengdu or Shenzen.
[link to www.dailymail.co.uk]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1365110

Im thinking , this will bring out judgement day.. God will side with those we enslave and let them conquer us as a form of discipline, God has judged his people in the past in similiar manners, letting an enemy conquer them.

That is not right that we still use human slavery

Americans need to make those IPADs in 8 hour a day jobs that pay a living wage..

But of course that would cut into CEO profit..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14392840
United States
10/23/2012 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
The Chinese people could rise up so easily and fix things. It would be so frickin easy. Same with the US. But no, people are sheep and cowards. They let one man brutally control millions. THAT is why you are sheep. It is hilarious to watch idiots in the matrix. The best entertainment ever.

It is also why they deserve the punishment they get. I have zero sympathy for cowards who CHOOSE to live under tyranny.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26146407

If I was a Chinese man, I wouldnt put up with that shit. Id move my family into the country and work the rice paddies if I had too. or go into construction. Build for my fellow men. Chinese is expanding like crazy and theres always a construction boom there. I even think they had one of the worlds records for fastest built skyscraper

FUCK assembly line jobs, Anyone who works for a Chinese slave factory isnt that bright..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17002097
United States
10/23/2012 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
archons do not want any wasted crop before its time.

Metropolis. what, r u another spiritual retard or holographic overlay?
seer

User ID: 1529717
United States
10/23/2012 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
BTW, have a Magnavox television I use in the basement. Built in 1983-early cable compatible model and it still works like a champ. Televitz in the the living room is a 32" Sony made in 2005 that a friend was going to throw away. Had a bad diode that costs 7 cents. It's worked fine since I replaced it.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1360794

hf i wish more were like you.
Fishy

User ID: 23648161
United States
10/23/2012 11:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Apple made 26 million in net income in 2011. No doubt they can afford to ship the jobs back to the US and employ Americans at a living wage.

Apple Inc. (AAPL) -NasdaqGS
624.86 9.17(1.45%) 11:27AM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

Add to Portfolio
Income Statement Get Income Statement for:
View: Annual Data | Quarterly Data All numbers in thousands
Period Ending Sep 23, 2011 Sep 24, 2010 Sep 25, 2009
Total Revenue 108,249,000   65,225,000   42,905,000  
Cost of Revenue 64,431,000   39,541,000   25,683,000  
Gross Profit 43,818,000   25,684,000   17,222,000  
Operating Expenses
Research Development 2,429,000   1,782,000   1,333,000  
Selling General and Administrative 7,599,000   5,517,000   4,149,000  
Non Recurring -   -   -  
Others -   -   -  
Total Operating Expenses -   -   -  
Operating Income or Loss 33,790,000   18,385,000   11,740,000  
Income from Continuing Operations
Total Other Income/Expenses Net 415,000   155,000   326,000  
Earnings Before Interest And Taxes 34,205,000   18,540,000   12,066,000  
Interest Expense -   -   -  
Income Before Tax 34,205,000   18,540,000   12,066,000  
Income Tax Expense 8,283,000   4,527,000   3,831,000  
Minority Interest -   -   -  
Net Income From Continuing Ops 25,922,000   14,013,000   8,235,000  
Non-recurring Events
Discontinued Operations -   -   -  
Extraordinary Items -   -   -  
Effect Of Accounting Changes -   -   -  
Other Items -   -   -  
Net Income 25,922,000   14,013,000   8,235,000  
Preferred Stock And Other Adjustments -   -   -  
Net Income Applicable To Common Shares 25,922,000   14,013,000   8,235,000  
Currency in USD.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22478672
United States
10/23/2012 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

What day do plan to start the uprising?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26101382
United States
10/23/2012 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
it sounds to me china needs unions...
jcab2002

User ID: 24453126
United States
10/23/2012 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Or else what?
“We must keep the people busy with political antagonisms."
“We’ll therefore speed up the question of reform (of tarrifs within) the Democratic Party; and we’ll put the spotlight on the question of protection …(for) the Republican Party."

“By dividing the electorate this way, we’ll be able to have them spend their energies at struggling amongst themselves, on questions that, for us, have no importance whatsoever." - United State Bankers magazine, 1892.
troll777

User ID: 13289935
United States
10/23/2012 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Trump wants to close this chinese factory and move it to USA

flag waver
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1362852

then trump for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!5a
troll777
jcab2002

User ID: 24453126
United States
10/23/2012 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

We are programmed from birth to worship the state. We all must break the programming because it all falls apart once we stop worshiping the state. It is impossible for them to force everyone to do what they want if no one will do it. We make it too easy for them by wanting to follow the crowd. We need a new crowd to follow.

Good news is that it only takes about 5% for the sheep to start following new dogs.
“We must keep the people busy with political antagonisms."
“We’ll therefore speed up the question of reform (of tarrifs within) the Democratic Party; and we’ll put the spotlight on the question of protection …(for) the Republican Party."

“By dividing the electorate this way, we’ll be able to have them spend their energies at struggling amongst themselves, on questions that, for us, have no importance whatsoever." - United State Bankers magazine, 1892.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22478672
United States
10/23/2012 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

If I was a Chinese man, I wouldnt put up with that shit. Id move my family into the country and work the rice paddies if I had too. or go into construction. Build for my fellow men. Chinese is expanding like crazy and theres always a construction boom there. I even think they had one of the worlds records for fastest built skyscraper

FUCK assembly line jobs, Anyone who works for a Chinese slave factory isnt that bright..
 Quoting: APOLLO ILLUMINIST

it's just that easy?

Hi, i want a construction job. I know there are over 1 billion people in this country and i have absolutely ZERO experience, but i want a job in construction. Oh, i also want some land that i can grow rice on. I don't care if somebody already owns it, just give it to me because i want it.

Maybe, they work those jobs because they have no other choice.

GLP